Alternate Marvel Universe Power Rankings

Avatar image for alternate_marvel_universe
Alternate Marvel Universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some may know that I started an Alternate Marvel Universe page where I have been/will be posting characters my friends and I created in our own RPG games.  It includes pictures, stat, fiction, etc for our version of the Marvel U.  I've seen other pages where people have categorized mainstream Marvel characters by power rank so I have  done the same thing with our created characters so other know where they fall in the power scale.  As with any list, it is largely based on opinion.  Names with hyperlinks are links to my characters.  Actual Marvel characters are listed for comparisons sake only. 

- Tier 1 - [ Multi-Universal Entity, Virtually Omnipotent, Most or All Powers at Beyond Level ]:

* The One Above All, Living Tribunal, Wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet

- Tier 2 - [ Multi-Universal Entity, High Level Cosmic Entity, Nearly unlimited power across multiple dimensions, Most or All Powers at Cl 5000 Level  ]:

* Death, Eternity

- Tier 3 – [ Mid-Level Cosmic Entity, Several Cl 3000 Level Powers  ]:

* Galactus, Unimus , Spirit of the Void

- Tier 4 – [ Low-Level Cosmic Entity, At Least One Cl 3000 Power ]:

* Celestials

- Tier 5 – [ Skyfathers, Pantheon Leaders, Minor Cosmic Beings, Several Cl 1000 Powers ]:

* Watchers, Auno the Watcher , Kāne , Odin, Shadow Stalker , Zeus

- Tier 6 – [ Super Heavy Weights, Above Unearthly Powers or Abilities ]:

* Gladiator, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Elders of the Universe, Legend , Midnight Sky , Thor, Hulk

- Tier 7 – [ Heavy Weights, Monstrous to Unearthly Powers or Abilities ]:

* Most heralds of Galactus, Black Diamond , Dr. Doom, Exekor , Iron Man, Jean Grey, Moho , Pele , Vengeance

- Tier 8 – [ Middle Weights, Incredible or Amazing Powers or Abilities ]:

Chronotracker, Cybergod , Doc Bionic , Ember , Feria , Gaia , Halcyon , Ice Storm , Kalaupapa , Maker , MC Squared , Mister Fantastic, Mongore , Naiad , Nightsabre , Skeleton Master , Spider Man, Sunstreak , Tempo , Tesla , Tin Man , Wolverine

- Tier 9 – [ Light Weights, Excellent or Remarkable Powers or Abilities ]:

* Blade, Bladerunner , Birthright , Captain America, Chevron , Coward , Daredevil, Dark Wizard , Duskclaw , Earthwhisper , Elektra, Fists of the Maker, Gale , Ghostblade , Grit , Karate Kommander , Kro , Magehunter , Night Viper , Paws , Redline , Snow Cat , Surge , Toto , Venture , Water Witch , Wrongful Death

-Tier 10 – [ Street Level, Below Excellent Powers and Abilities or No Powers ]:

* Aron Singh , Kingpin, Punisher, Nick Fury    

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CosmicSpiral

You will probably have to include even more tiers, as these are some incorrect choices and vague boundaries. 

Most heralds of Galactus are above Tier 7 and fit possibly in Tier 5. Plus Galactus is a cosmic entity on par with the abstracts; he should be in Tier 2.  

What are the quantitative/qualitative traits you're using to judge your characters? 

Avatar image for alternate_marvel_universe
Alternate Marvel Universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi CosmicSpiral,

First, thanks for reading the list and responding.  Nice to know someone is reading this stuff!

Second, as I mentioned, any list is going to be somewhat subjective.  I have placed known Marvel characters where I thought them to be a best fit based off of my 20+ years of reading comics.  I use the "official" (I use the term lightly because nothing is ever official in comics) statistics from the Marvel RPG game.  If their main powers/abilities fall in the Monstrous and Unearthly range, then they go in Tier 7.  Same with Galactus.  His printed RPG statistics from Marvel/TSR are mostly in the Cl 3000 range.  Yes, he is a cosmic entity but has frequently been shown to be lesser than entities like Eternity and Death.  Again, everyone is welcome to their own interpretation and I enjoy friendly debates on the topics so you are welcome to reply.  However, the main point of the list is to show where the custom characters I have created compare to known Marvel U heroes.  I have literally hundreds (actually, probably thousands but most are not very well defined) characters I have created.  If there is enough interest among CV readers, I'll post as many as I can.

Thanks again for reading!