The Battle Angel Herself. Should've probably made this thread first because she's the titular character of Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita/Gunchar. I'll divide this respect thread between The Original series Battle Angel Alita, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order & Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicles. I feel like this will keep the feats into each respective part.
Alita from the original is mostly a high level street leveler, then by Last Order everyone's power levels get ridiculously increased, then so far in Mars Chronicles, power levels have been back to low levels. Mars Chronicles is the last part of the series but hasn't been completed yet.
As usual, I'm not gonna focus on powerscaling, just the feats. The only other respect thread I could find was one on naruto forums with no images because I'm sure all those links are dead.
Alita/Gally is the protagonist of of Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm & all it's sequels. She is a 221 year old cyborg that is a panzer kunst High Warrior. Born on Mars and cyberized in childhood, she has gone through many tough times, trauma, pain and suffering in her life yet she endures. Memory loss and crash landing on Earth has brought her a new life and friends but she continues her journey back to her homeworld of Mars to see what has become of her home.
Her original name is Yoko but now goes by Alita or Gally.
Throughout the story, Alita has gone through multiple cyborg bodies with varying abilities, equipment and power.
The Berserker body is the first combat body Alita is put in Battle Angel Alita. It is made of nanomachines called Berserker cells. The body can generate plasma and electromagnetic fields.
When unlocked, the Berserker body could absorb any kind of matter, transform its appearance depending on what the user wanted (like flight), and was single-mindedly focused on destroying a target. Capable of regeneration, it was nearly invulnerable to practically all conventional forms of attack thanks to its ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields and plasma that can go up to 15,000 degrees celsius and ball lightning at a temp. of many thousands of Kelvin.
Motorball body Alita is weaker than her Berserker body. It was used for the motorball races, in which her legs have wheels on them to race on the track. Alita has her Damascus blade with her Motorball body.
After being reforged into a single blade, the serrations were replaced with a series of holes to conserve weight. This new blade was hard as diamond and could only be honed with high pressure water or supersonic waves. It consisted of rare metals, including scandium, yttrium and lutetium, and had patterns suggestive of Damascus steel.
Alita or A-1 received the TUNED body after becoming an agent of Tiphares. She was connected at all times via satellite to the Ground Investigation Bureau (GIB) and directed by an operator, who had the ability to provide a Pavlovian shock stimulus to her should she ignore orders. As the product of advanced Tipharean technology, the body had the ability to travel at supersonic speeds and withstand a great deal of damage. However, as a “soft” body supported by nanotechnology to create and maintain vital systems, the body could overheat and malfunction under extremely high temperature conditions. Nonetheless, the body was equipped with a variety of effective support weapons, many designed to look like insects.
With the TUNED Body Alita also bore permanent eye black on her face which was later included on her replicas and is still present in her Imaginos Body.
Alita has the greatest amount of weapons and equipment in her 10 years as a TUNED warrior.
- Arachno: A spider-shaped bomb.
- Damascus Blade: Alita' signature weapon, modified into a giant butterfly knife.
- Firefly: Used to generate plasma or open tunnels.
- Interactive interface: A small, remote controlled body created by Dr. Russell to enable Alita to interact with Lou. Later used by Sechs.
- Laser bug: A communications relay.
- Lice probe: Miniature probes.
- Missile bee: Remote controlled cyborg missiles.
- Mobile Unit: A high speed single-wheeled motorcycle used by Alita as personal transportation. It could be controlled remotely by the agent's operator.
- Mono-molecular wire: An extremely strong wire later used as a primary weapon by Elf and Zwölf.
- Solenoid Quench Gun: An electromagnetic high velocity gun that fires a 20mmsolenoid slug at 5 km/s, or roughly 11,000 miles per hour. It was used by Alita and AR-10, and later adapted for personal use by Sechs.
- Solid Wing: A personal aerial unit utilizing scalar tech similar to the Abaddon. Applying the "Hutchison Effect", this ordinance is capable of generating a shield against small arms fire, granting flight, and projecting long range destructive waves from several meters off for the TUNED, used by AR-10. Could be modified to hold other armaments.
- Support System Gabriel: An unmanned aerial vehicle that directly supported Alita.
- TUNED body: A cyborg body supported by nanotechnology based on Alita's own body that was used by all agents.
- TUNED body armour: A type of personal armour.
- TUNED pistol: The standard sidearm that fires high velocity armour-piercing rounds.
- TUNED rifle: A 12.7mmsemi-automaticbattle rifle used by Alita.
Alita is a Kuntsler, a practioner of the Martian Cyborg Martial Arts, Panzer Kunst.
- Hertzer Hauen: A commonplace move which uses mechanical oscillations to fire high-frequency vibrations into the target upon physical contact, effectively incapacitating and destroying the brain or heart. One of Alita's most commonly used moves, the Hertza Haeon is a strike that delivers a high-frequency vibration to the victim, bypassing the victim's armour, and concentrating kinetic energy that, when used correctly, can be used to destroy or at least disrupt function of the brain or heart. It can be nullified with a vibration of the same wavelength.
- Verschlag ("Partition" or "Box"): An initial Hertza Haeon-like strike that triggers a shock wave which bounces inside the body like a rubber ball before focusing in the extremities. The target may notice this as a ringing in their ears.
- Hertza Nadel: This move targets the focal point of the Verschlag with a sharp blow generating explosive resonance with the surrounding material, achieving the destruction of the targeted segment.
- Hertzer Fahren: The künstler fires a Verschlag upon the first contact with the target, then destroy the extremities while attacking the body in a single motion.
- Geschoss Schlag: A supersonic punch, Alita's super punch applies electromagnetism for supersonic acceleration.
- Ausser Stosse: A counter maneuver which redirects the kinetic energy of an attacking opponent back at them using a spin, adding to the momentum of the künstler's counterattack.
- Plasma Bissen: A split-second plasma jet used to create undetectable cuts and gouges in the opponent's body. Usually concealed as a punch, swipe, or parry. This attack is an original one, made up by Alita, and might be considered a Seinerweisen, or personal technique based on Alita's body's own construction.
- Einzug Rüstungen: A technique used to match an opponent's rhythm and parry, then strike when the opponent drops their guard.
Alita has no problems fighting with one arm, no legs or even cutting or losing half her body. She's been a cyborg since childhood and has learned how to incorporate this in her fighting style.
She's a great singer & Keyboard player
In her TUNED body, she's good at unlocking things
Easily dispatches a battalion of socket soldiers
Dispatches 5 ninja cyborgs
She's a good shot
In her wedding dress against Den, she loses
Alita working out
In her civilian body, her weakest body in the series, Alita smashes a mutant woman's head with a kick
In the same body, Alita cleaves right through Makaku's cyborg arm and stabs him in the eye
In her Berserker body, she's strong enough to kick a dozen grown cyborg men from the inside of a bar to a large distance outside
Alita stops Makaku's kick and tosses him over
She beats up a Werewolf mutant
Strong enough to one-arm lift Ido's wheel chair
In her Berserker body, mistakenly rips off a human's arms
Can blow up a human head with a slap
smashed the head of a large cyborg in one kick
In her TUNED body, punches right through a wall and through the head of a socket soldier soldier
Alita punches apart boulders
kicked a steel door in her TUNED body and destroys the head of a mutant with a kick and flips said mutant over
in her TUNED body kicks a car buried in sand and shoots down a Deckman 100
This is the most important category of the entire series. Speed matters a lot in this series whether it's reaction speed, movement speed, fighting speed or more. Compared to nearly every manga I've read, BAA is actually hard-Sci-Fi when it comes to following our real world physics and such.
Even though many characters are supersonic & hyper-sonic in reaction, movement and/or fight speed they don't always fight this fast because they don't have to and because fights still follow the laws of physics.
Going too fast can make a character catch on fire, no one immediately goes from 0 to their top speed in an instant, most of the time if a fight is happening at supersonic speeds the author will show and make note of a sonic boom unless it's a character that has learned to move at supersonic speeds without making a sonic boom. There's a lot of details in the world and it's fights.
In her Berserker body She's fast enough to dodge one of Makaku's grind cutters as they we're going at 700km/h
She dodges as fast as the grind cutters which have a top speed of Mach 3 or 4
She dodges the grind cutters at their max speed and she's running at a mach 0.94. She get's the upper hand due to makaku being off-balance after losing his arm
Precise enough to cut water droplets with her Damascus blade
In her TUNED body, Alita is a good shot.
Dodges a shot from a pistol while throwing a knife at the trigger finger of knuckelhead
narrowly dodges an exploding cyborg
With only one leg and one arm Alita dodges water moving at supersonic speeds, and cuts through the water at ultrasonic speeds
In her civilian body, flicked a metal ball to match the sonic finger's shot
For reference, the sonic finger is fast enough to fire a 10mm diameter steel ball from 60 meters with incredible accuracy. He killed Macheko, a hunter warrior who could throw shurikens with equivalent power to a 50 caliber shot
In her Berserker body, she's Durable enough to take multiple hits from multiple grind cutters.
Falls through a large hole in the floor of Kansas and is fine
Uses her Magnetic fields to block a plasma explosion this large
Knives bend on the Skin of her Berserker body
ran so fast she dented a car and pushed it a small decent
In her TUNED body, can tank parts of a building falling on her
in her TUNED body, tanks a couple pistol shots to the body
Get's kicked into a bunch of rocks but is fine
In her civilian body, Gets hit in the head by the sonic fingers metal ball shot
Desty Nova hacked into Alita's sensory system using a powerful computer program and put her in an electric dream state that forced Alita to fight her strongest foes in a dream world.
She breaks out of the program through willpower
Alita's different bodies tend to have different weaknesses. Her Berserker body is the strongest while the other ones vary in weakness. Her motorball body is weaker than the TUNED body which is weaker than the Berserker body.
Tuned body doesn't have good durability against high caliber bullets. Here she gets shot by the TUNED rifle. The TUNED rifle was a 12.7mmsemi-automatic rifle with an apparent bullpupdesign, since its large magazine was located behind the trigger. It was equipped with a small scope built into the handguard with a large muzzle brake. The front grip could be folded up, allowing it to be placed on a hard surface for stability.
The TUNED body got completely blown up by a bomb
Sharp enough swords like the Damascus blade can cut through her TUNED body and enough force can break her other body parts
The Berserker body is powerful due to it's Berserker cells but it is hard countered by anti-Berserker rounds and a collapser. Both items destroy the Berserker cells & body.