Airport scene(Civil war) Vs. Warehouse Scene(BvS)

• 132 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@bullpr said:

@theamazingspidey: presented like that, yes of course. But don't you think that it could have been even better?

Honestly, almost anything could be better. You'd be hard pressed to find a movie, performance, character, scene that could not be improved on. Regardless, it's one of my favourite action sequences put to film. I loved seeing all the heroes bounce off each other, I loved it's self awareness, "I believe this is yours, Captain America!", the exchange between Peter and Cap, I had a blast the first and the second time.

But people prefer different things. Don't ever feel bad for NOT liking something, even if the rest of the world tells you it's the best thing ever!

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By BullPR

@theamazingspidey: thanks for the advice my friend.

:-)

My sons had a blast. My wife was bored. Personally, I wish I felt more involved.

Giantman was amazing. Spiderman was (good) vintage. The choreography was on point.

My English is not that good, so let me give you an analogy so you can get my point.

It was like watching a ballet.

I wanted to feel the emotions of an opera.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bullpr said:

@theamazingspidey: thanks for the advice my friend.

:-)

My sons had a blast. My wife was bored. Personally, I wish I felt more involved.

Giantman was amazing. Spiderman was (good) vintage. The choreography was on point.

My English is not that good, so let me give you an analogy so you can get my point.

It was like watching a ballet.

I wanted to feel the emotions of an opera.

I won't pretend to be smart enough to understand your expression, heh. What I will say is that I'm thrilled that although we are on opposite sides of the spectrum, that we proceeded in a civil manner (no pun intended).

And don't take my ignorance to your analogy personal. You've a wife and sons, you're older than I am xD

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Gracetrack

Warehouse scene.

My wife and I didn't care much for the airport scene. We thought it was a bit of a letdown, to be honest. It was cool seeing a royal rumble of Marvel heroes, but ultimately it just felt like an exercise in futility.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The airport scene was lame asf. The MCU are basically full blown comedies (not in the classical sense) disguised as superhero movies.

I prefer DC's epic feel. And I definitely prefer the warehouse scene. There was raw, undiluted action mixed in with tension and subtle horror elements. That's perfect for a Batman fight scene.

Unlike Avengers 2.5: Let's Spar In A Comedy Club.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the Airport fight in Civil War, however as far as teamwork goes, it was scattered. The players were everywhere and at some point or another almost everyone ended up fighting everyone from the opposite team. The worst offender of it all? The inconsistent tone. Some of the characters treated it like a joke while others were dead set serious. One moment I'm laughing at the Spider-Man vs. Falcon and Winter Soldier scene. The next, my somewhat cheerful manner dropped rapidly as a serious War Machine and Black Panther were trying to contain Cap. The scene to scene transition wasn't great. Though, it was a good sequence altogether.

The Warehouse scene by contrast was tonally consistent. The choreography was great. We finally get a perfect depiction of Batman. Use of gadgetry with a combination of martial arts was enough to keep me captivated. Moreover, it was a breath of fresh air, so its getting bonus points for that.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer DC's epic feel. And I definitely prefer the warehouse scene. There was raw, undiluted action mixed in with tension and subtle horror elements. That's perfect for a Batman fight scene.

Totally.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warehpuse for me. But honestly, between the two films, my fav would be the CW chase scene.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Blackdog2009

Batman kicking ass the in the most fast paced, bad ass, realistic way, as never seen on the big screen! Nothing can top that.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any fight scene in a Snyder flick is superior to 90% of Marvel combat, 100% if you count Joss Whedon movies

Just compare Loki vs. Thor in Avengers to Zod vs. Superman in MoS. World of difference

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_higashikata: Very correct. Snyder's fight scenes and visuals are one of the best ever. MOS fight scenes are what thor/vision/hulk fights should be. He is a phenomenal action director. HIs stories are very complex but need refinement.

Also, i think MOS fight scenes were the BEST super powered (im talking god-like level fight) fights in the history of superhero fights. Never been a single fight scene that showed the power levels of super powered beings so well.

Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, i think MOS fight scenes were the BEST super powered (im talking god-like level fight) fights in the history of superhero fights. Never been a single fight scene that showed the power levels of super powered beings so well.

Exactly, and it's a shame that his future in DC has been relegated to 2 JL movies and naught else. Great shame.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Airport scene was like Wrestling. FAKE

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn said:

Exactly, and it's a shame that his future in DC has been relegated to 2 JL movies and naught else. Great shame.

Huh?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By cfrehse

Batman had a cool fight scene. That doesnt come close to airport super brawl

Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:In the forseeable future, due to BvS and Man of Steel performing below expectations (critically and financially) Zack Snyder has been bumped off the future Batman, Man of Steel and other potential projects. He'll only direct JL and the JL sequel.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:In the forseeable future, due to BvS and Man of Steel performing below expectations (critically and financially) Zack Snyder has been bumped off the future Batman, Man of Steel and other potential projects. He'll only direct JL and the JL sequel.

Oh, I thought you meant Superman lol

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the airport scene was forced in there by some producer so they could get more characters into the movie and have something for Spider-Man to do. It just seemed like a superfluous popcorn moment. It was a fun scene, but the jokiness of it kind of hurt the 'serious' tone the movie should have been going for. "Sorry, Tony, your black sidekick got paralyzed in a slapstick fight."

The warehouse fight was the scene that Batman fans have been waiting for since forever. It wasn't realistic, but it had an incredibly satisfying level of brutality that suits Batman very well. And it actually served the plot instead of feeling tacked on. If the Batman and Nightwing movies get the same stunt team/choreographers, I'm all in.

Rusti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warehouse scene. The Civil War scene was quite bland

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Iara

I'm definitely more of a DC fanboy but the Airport scene stomps for me. I actually got giddy seeing it for the first time in the cinema.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 anthp2000  Moderator

The Airport scene had more life in it, which is more than expected. But I found the warehouse scene all around more well done.

The theme/genre of the scenes is very different anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airport Scene

Had more life in it and I enjoyed it so much more

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airport Scene easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked them both.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really apples and oranges for me. I liked them both for different reasons.

The airport scene was a very macro torn out of a comic book multiple super people throw down on a grand scale and was pretty awesome

The warehouse scene was down and dirty Batman being (almost...I STILL hate the killing) Batman, and just brutalizing bad guys who have it coming.

I suppose I like the warehouse scene just a BIT more but not by much.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By deltahuman

Airport scene is the worst scene in Civil War. Nothing badass or creative about it. Cap vs Bucky vs Panther in Romania and Cap and Bucky vs Iron Man is on another level altogether, compared to the airport scene. I only found the brief tussle between Cap vs Spiderman enjoyable.

BvS warehouse Scene on the other hand is one of the best action sequences in CBM history. It doesn't even feel like a movie. Looks straight out of Arkham Games.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 rogueshadow  Moderator

On the one hand, the warehouse scene doesn't really depict Batman as tactically as I would like but it was cathartic to see a live-action Batman go full beast-mode and I do prefer it to the airport scene, which I flat out don't like and thought was the weakest fight of the entire movie. The fight should have been more in line (tonally and in terms of gravitas) with the final fight. There were zero stakes in that fight and it's extremely shallow. It's a microcosm of everything the MCU's detractors accuse the MCU of being in my opinion. I hope we don't get anything like that in IW.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't think the warehouse scene is that phenomenal. Batman was more than a little brutish and not terribly skilled. I also can't help but notice how not everyone is involved at once. Like where are the dozen other guys while Batman is fighting those four with knives? You can say all fodder fights do that, but that doesn't change the fact it's a negative.

Airport scene might be the best action scene ever period.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By helloman

The Airport scene was better to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Warehouse, no contest

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warehouse

Wilkins17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airport scene and it's not close, I mean for uzumaki's sake if everything was realistic then batman wouldn't be able to do have the things he did in the wearhouse.

Rythik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warehouse scene.