Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) 4 months, 21 days ago

Poll: Agree/Disagree: DCEU's Joker and Lex Luthor should be featured as villain team-up against Justice League (36 votes)

Agree 14%
Disagree 86%

As we all know, Jesse Eisenberg and Jared Leto portrayed DCEU's version of Lex Luthor and Joker respectively.

Based on this casting pair, do you think it would be a good idea to put them together featured as main antagonist team up for a DCEU film version of World's Finest?

Think of it like DCAU's World Finest three-episode team up.

Discuss

#1 Posted by Richubs (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#2 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: why not? I thought two relatively established villains team up to be a threat in Justice League would have worked better than the existing Steppenwolf we got that needed time to be established in the Justice League film we got.

#3 Posted by bflynn316 (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of those characters should show up ever on screen ever again ever. Ever.

#4 Edited by Richubs (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@germanx: Becuas they are not well established in the DCEU. Joker has never even met Batman face to face on screen yet.

It'd be a bad idea to pair up two villains which were not well received in the same movie as villains.

#7 Posted by Aros001 (3610 posts) - - Show Bio

They would have made more sense as the villains for BvS, but not JL. Jessie's Luthor I thought actually wasn't that bad, and at least had the rooftop scene that showed off how dangerous and intimidating he could be. Leto's Joker though is not a version of the character I can really get into and certainly not someone I can see as Affleck's Batman's greatest enemy.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#8 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15675 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#9 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor and Joker suck

#10 Posted by the_wspanialy (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of those characters should show up ever on screen ever again ever. Ever.

#11 Posted by Gokluma (8414 posts) - - Show Bio

No and just get brainiac back

#12 Posted by rogueshadow (29182 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't find either character compelling to watch in any way. Putting them together as the lead antagonists would only decrease my interest in any given project.

#13 Posted by PenguinDust (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. Why these two villains constantly? DC has a rich library of villains. Do something with the other baddies instead of eternally returning to the same well.

#14 Posted by modernww2fare (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's that user that actually likes Eisenberg's Luthor again?

#15 Posted by just_sayin (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Luthor and Joker are great villains, but they are used too much, so other good villain choices are left unused. Since the Superman movie in the early 80's the only major Superman villains have been Luthor and Zod (and a Zod clone Doomsday). No Brianiac, no Parasite, no Mxyzptlk, no Metallo, no Mongul, no Toyman, no Imperiex, no Livewire, no Ultra-Humanite, no Superboy Prime, etc. I'd rather see someone new.

#16 Posted by g2_ (11294 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't find either character compelling to watch in any way. Putting them together as the lead antagonists would only decrease my interest in any given project.

#17 Edited by KanyeCosby (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically put some of the worst CBM villain portrayals in recent memory in the same movie?

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#18 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4425 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically put some of the worst CBM villain portrayals in recent memory in the same movie?

Add in Steppenwolf for bonus points

#19 Posted by KanyeCosby (6968 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#21 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12342 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeesh. Tho there are certain things I did like about these live action versions of these characters, I don’t think I would want to see that. I guess with great writing and direction just about anything can work, but these two left such a bad taste that there’s almost no way we’ll ever see them again imo

#23 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Not if we are talking about this Luthor or Joker. Their greatest accomplishment in villainy will be giving a collective migraine to the viewers.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#24 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (907 posts) - - Show Bio

No. They've already done the Joker to death.

#25 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Not if we are talking about this Luthor or Joker. Their greatest accomplishment in villainy will be giving a collective migraine to the viewers.

why so much hate for these two? They seemed to do decent although not fantastic for their roles. Just because their mannerisms and behavior are not as you expected as you read in the comics doesn't mean they do a bad job.

#26 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@germanx: No, they do a bad job because their character is annoying, cringeworthy and dust boring. Plain and simple.

Characters can have a different personality than their source material counterpart and still endear the viewer. Look at MCU Kingpin or Nolan Bane, for instance.

Avatar image for firebosstactics
#27 Posted by FireBossTactics (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. I'm one of the few who actually liked them. They're a bit over hated IMO.

#28 Posted by DeathandGrim (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the "hell no" option?

#29 Posted by Helloman (28587 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#30 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio

No.