Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Agents of Shield Official Discussion Thread

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Thor-Parker

Here it is, feel free to discuss anything and everything regarding Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

No Caption Provided

Enjoy !!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thor-Parker

What do you guys think about the last episode's revelation of Fitz at the end ??

Also, what do you think about the concept of Quake having enough power to destroy a planet ??

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EmperorSentry

I'm really enoying S5. It could end up being as good as S4. I just don't know where they go after they return to present day. Talbot is in a coma, and Daisy is the one who shot him, they also think Mace was executed by the agents. It's going to be interesting how they deal with all of this. Hopefully it ties into IW pretty well, and I do hope there is a S6.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor-Parker

I'm really enoying S5. It could end up being as good as S4. I just don't know where they go after they return to present day. Talbot is in a coma, and Daisy is the one who shot him, they also think Mace was executed by the agents. It's going to be interesting how they deal with all of this. Hopefully it ties into IW pretty well, and I do hope there is a S6.

There are theories going around that the Earth destroyed is actually the end of Infinity War and that Thanos destroyed the planet, but I don´t think that´s the case, I mean, they wouldn´t give away the ending of the biggest movie in the franchise on a TV show that isn´t even produced by the same people.

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I was hoping for a Nick Fury/Maria Hill type reference, maybe one of them shows up. I doubt it happens.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah they still have a lot of loose ends they need to tie up before the season, and possibly the series, ends. There's the ones you mentioned plus Nitro, Hellfire and the Watchdogs are still on the loose. And who knows what the senator's Inhuman brother is up to.

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space_coyote: Nitro and Hellfire are both in custody. I'd be more interested in seeing what happened to Mike Peterson, Blizzard, and Gravitron. Those are some long-standing plot lines that have never been answered.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@space_coyote: Nitro and Hellfire are both in custody. I'd be more interested in seeing what happened to Mike Peterson, Blizzard, and Gravitron. Those are some long-standing plot lines that have never been answered.

Damn, I must have missed that episode.

Honestly I think the writers have forgotten Deathlok exists. They've had plenty of opportunities to use him but don't for some reason.

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space_coyote: I know, and it's such a disappointment. He was a great character.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just rewatched Shield. I didn't realize just how good of an actor Iain Caestecker is first time around. Next episode is going to be a banger.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I just rewatched Shield. I didn't realize just how good of an actor Iain Caestecker is first time around. Next episode is going to be a banger.

Fitz is amazing, he became my favorite character in Season 2 and has remained that way.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RBT

@rbt said:

Fitz is amazing, he became my favorite character in Season 2 and has remained that way.

Who is your least fav recurring character?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor-Parker

@rbt said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rbt said:

Who is your least fav recurring character?

Daisy became annoying when she went rogue, but she won me back, she is just too beautiful to hate.

But I'd say my least favorite character has always been May, she can´t act, plus her cringy face with that angry/bored expression all the time gets on my nerves.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

But I'd say my least favorite character has always been May, she can´t act, plus her cringy face with that angry/bored expression all the time gets on my nerves.

I kinda agree with this. But my least fav character is Jemma. S2 was not a good time for her.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@thor_parker82:

I kinda agree with this. But my least fav character is Jemma. S2 was not a good time for her.

Why don´t you like Jemma ?? I think she is fine, not outstanding but she can´t be worse than May lol.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@thor_parker82:

Why don´t you like Jemma ?? I think she is fine, not outstanding but she can´t be worse than May lol.

I was indifferent towards her the whole first season but her whole stand on Inhumans being a plague that needed to be wiped out made it almost impossible for me to tolerate her.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rbt said:

@thor_parker82:

I was indifferent towards her the whole first season but her whole stand on Inhumans being a plague that needed to be wiped out made it almost impossible for me to tolerate her.

She changed her stance though, I was more upset when she fell in love with that dude on the alien planet instead of Fitz who crossed the universe for her.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was dreaming the "Earth" episode (obligatory episode focused only on the earth characters and what's happening there) but it looks lit. Fitz is going to kick ass and it's great to see Hunter again.

As for the world being destroyed, I have no problem with Daisy being the reason behind the destruction, but I really hope Thanos destroyed it. That'd be a really great tie-in.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RBT

@rbt said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rbt said:

@thor_parker82:

She changed her stance though, I was more upset when she fell in love with that dude on the alien planet instead of Fitz who crossed the universe for her.

Too late, IMO.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll come back to this later

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

Season's been a bit weak so far, not really feeling this arc.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What don´t you like ?? Personally, I think it's good, but not the direction I wanted them to take, at all, I'd prefer another arc.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my question, what with Disney's acquisition of Fox: How the heck will Marvel reconcile the existence of mutants with the Inhumans? AoS pushed Inhumans pretty hard as a mutant replacement and now that they have mutants I have a hard time seeing how those two would mesh.

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njchrispatrick: They could just have the events of Infinity War trigger the activation of the X Genes. Also, in humans are only a thing in the show. They haven't really been mentioned in the movies.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorsentry: Well they have to have some mutants be around, such as Magneto, Mystique, Apocalypse, etc. But if they only keep to the show then they'll have to formally break it off from the movies, which they have yet to do.

EmperorSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njchrispatrick: Xavier and Magneto and guys like that could just be in hiding or whatever.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my question, what with Disney's acquisition of Fox: How the heck will Marvel reconcile the existence of mutants with the Inhumans? AoS pushed Inhumans pretty hard as a mutant replacement and now that they have mutants I have a hard time seeing how those two would mesh.

The actual MCU (as in the movies) have never acknowledged the existence of the Inhumans, they´ll probably just ignore them and pretend they never happened, I mean, they´ve done that so far.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: True. The shows being in the MCU seems to happen in name only. And honestly I don't expect AoS to go on for much longer. I could see them cancelling it and starting a new show with mutants up front.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RBT

Its possible they are planning for Blade on AoS.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

What don´t you like ?? Personally, I think it's good, but not the direction I wanted them to take, at all, I'd prefer another arc.

The narrative just hasn't engaged my attention and the premise of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.... in spaaaace" is kind of hokey to me, even when they acknowledge it. The irony is that putting them in space has actually lessened the scope because I just don't think they are pulling it off in terms of effects etc. like they did Ghost Rider. I'm looking forward to them getting back to Earth, this arc is the weakest the show's had in quite a while thus far, nothing about it is really hitting for me. I am looking forward to Fitz' episode and Hunter's return though.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:

The narrative just hasn't engaged my attention and the premise of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.... in spaaaace" is kind of hokey to me, even when they acknowledge it. The irony is that putting them in space has actually lessened the scope because I just don't think they are pulling it off in terms of effects etc. like they did Ghost Rider. I'm looking forward to them getting back to Earth, this arc is the weakest the show's had in quite a while thus far, nothing about it is really hitting for me. I am looking forward to Fitz' episode and Hunter's return though.

I gotta agree, even when i'm not dislinking the season so far, im not nearly as invested in it as I was during LMD or Agents of Hydra. I understand its unfair to expect the show can keep producing that level of arcs indefinitely but still...

Also, Fitz not being around for 4 episodes was really noticeable, he is among the best (if not the best) actors of the cast, and a personal favourite of mine, so thats a downside

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:

Hunter is coming back ?? As in Lance Hunter ??

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Justiciar

Ok, I'm just gonna list some opinions of mine since I love this series. AoS is definitely my favorite superhero/comic book television show of all time...and probably my favorite show of all time, period. Started watching in 2015, haven't looked back since.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just some general thoughts...

• My favorite overall season - Season 4
    • My favorite individual episode - Season 3, Episode 9 ("Closure")
    • My favorite character - Ward
    • The coolest character - Bobbi
    • The funniest character - Toss up between Hunter and Mack
    • The most well written story arc - Either Framework (late season 4) or Inhumans/HYDRA (early season 3)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding MCU tie ins...

My favorite film tie ins were in early season 3. Gideon Malick being the Councilman who ordered Fury to nuke NYC was huge. Werner von Strucker being used as a pawn by Ward to gain access to the most protected HYDRA vault was huge.

Season 1 also did well with the tie ins, with some individual episodes such as the Thor: The Dark World tie in episode. But the main tie in during Season 1, the HYDRA Uprising within SHIELD...that completely changed the course of the entire show, and made it the work of art that it is today.

Let's talk characters...

Fitzsimmons is a pretty well developed romance, in my opinion. Fitz and Simmons are two great characters, they play important respective roles on the show. They have made mistakes, they have had lapses in judgement, and they aren't perfect. But that just makes these two brilliant scientists more interesting.

Daisy is easily one of the most creatively developed characters in the MCU by now. We've seen her go from hacktivist to rookie agent to badass agent to a superhero, and it has been an enjoyable ride all the way through.

Yo-Yo has always been one of my favorite "late" additions to the show. Her almost mother-like attitude and moral center give the show a human aspect, despite her technically being part alien.

Mack is great, and the muscly nerd of SHIELD. He completely defies the stereotypes of buff dudes in fiction, and the story of him and Hope is really cool.

May's experiences, traumas, and heartbreaks...I am very invested in them, and in her. Really good character. Ming Na Wen brings a lot of depth and badassery to the role.

Bobbi and Hunter are solid characters, and I was sad to see them go. But I thought that the farewell scene in the bar really did them justice. Their story was very well told, right up until their departure from the show.

Coulson is really great as a character. I feel like although he started as the lead of the show, this title has gradually passed onto Daisy if we are talking impact on the general storyline. His moral dilemmas, skillful badassery, and level-headedness as a leader really propel the show forward.

Ward is my favorite character on the show, as I've said. He is incredibly complex, badass, cool...just, everything. The fact that he is a product of circumstances that drove him to descend further and further into darkness, vindictiveness, and vanity is really interesting to me. I like that they didn't give him some derivative redemption arc, as that would have felt very forced. I always saw him as someone who perceives the world in degrees of power, instead of good and bad. His entire life leading up to the eventual death on Maveth was all about restoring a semblance of the control that had been stripped away from him by harrowing circumstances. Brett Dalton's acting is always on point, and he really owns the character.

From a combat standpoint...

I love that the elite agents are incredibly badass yet still very much human. This is a juxtaposition that I feel AoS does really well. Ward's fight scene against the 12 Level 5 SHIELD agents in a narrow corridor is a good example. Yes, he is out of their league. Yes, he is several tiers above them in skill and physicality. Yes, he is directly compared to May and Natasha on multiple occasions by varied sources. Yes, he has proven capable of fighting superhumans in h2h for prolonged periods of time. But he still isn't invincible, and he is going up against the best of the best in a claustrophobic setting. He takes moderate physical punishment, he's legitimately pressured at multiple points, but he still overcomes the practically suicidal odds.

Furthermore, the differing fighting styles of the elite agents are awesome. May, Bobbi, Daisy, Ward, Hunter, Mack, and Coulson all have their own unique methods of combat.

Also regarding fighting in general, I love the effort made by the show developers to portray believable gunplay, technique, and tactics. There is definitely a lot of choreography that is more on the unrealistic side, but AoS executes this in a way that still keeps stakes alive and maintains the overall viability of the skills being put on display. It's also balanced out by multiple fight scenes that stray closer to the grounded and realistic side of things.

Some criticisms...

• Early Season 1 was chock full of filler episodes (on the bright side, this did help develop the characters in the initial stages)
    • Some of the pacing in late Season 2 was slow (with the "real SHIELD" storyline and the Afterlife scenes)
    • Season 4's three story phases were great, but the transitioning between each story phase was slightly abrupt (this is a fairly minor nitpick though)

What I look forward to in Season 5...

Everything. Literally everything. Also, Kasius is a great villain already.

Overall, a solid 4.5/5 show for me.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in this. My little treat, since I just got my laptop back.

@angeljax@rbt@paytience

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:

Yeah, he's supposed to be showing up next episode.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:

Wow, I don´t see how he fits in this arc at all, especially considering they are 90 years into the future lol.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @rogueshadow said:

Wow, I don´t see how he fits in this arc at all, especially considering they are 90 years into the future lol.

Next episode is all Fitz though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Thor-Parker

@rogueshadow: Wait, so will Hunter be showing up next episode or not ?? You have me confused haha, either way, I´m more excited to see Fitz.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the promo, next episode takes place in the present.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: Welcome back, dude!

Amazing analysis and breakdown. I agree with mainly everything. Especially the examination of the characters. Daisy is my favorite myself, probably my favorite MCU character period.

Also, I had no idea that this are wasn't getting immense love. Yeah, I can see space/time-travel being a really niche concept. But I'm digging so much. S5's premiere alone already have some of the best scenes of the show. I see the arc being as great as Agents of Hydra, or the war on SHIELD and Inhumans.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: He's in the flashbacks for Fitz showing what Fitz did after they all got taken, it's in the trailer for the episode Hunter is helping him out

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @rogueshadow: Bump

Shit just got weirder, this was my favorite episode of the season and we finally have an explanation as to why exactly they are in the future, the way Fitz got there was tough, the dude just can't catch a break.

I still don't understand though, why do they need to go the the future to save the present ?? It's usually the other way around.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82: I haven't caught the new one yet, I'll watch it today.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thor_parker82: Yea I don't get that either maybe they find out what they have to do in the past to save the future but idk. What the hell is up with that army lady too is she Kree?

Also how is Sinara the big battle for Daisy next week when May was giving her a challenge

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@thorthunder98: I'm not sure Sinara is the big fight. That might just be the editing of the promo. That being said as long as she can avoid Daisys attacks and get close she could win and we've already seen a kree shake off one of Daisys blasts mid-air.

The thing about the future might be that they need one of the characters from the future to save the world. We saw in the promo that Flint gets his powers next episode which is geokinesis in the comics. Robins also probably Dekes mother so that might play into it as well.

Avatar image for thefallen_angel
    TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Considering how in season 3 Fitz explained that time doesn't work like how we think it does and that it will happen no matter what, it's possible they aren't there to save the Earth from being destroyed, but save the current remnants of humanity. We already know that Kasius was going to abandon the lighthouse, Daisy being there just expedited the process. At least that makes the most sense to me in any case.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Considering how in season 3 Fitz explained that time doesn't work like how we think it does and that it will happen no matter what, it's possible they aren't there to save the Earth from being destroyed, but save the current remnants of humanity. We already know that Kasius was going to abandon the lighthouse, Daisy being there just expedited the process. At least that makes the most sense to me in any case.

I do not think Earth will remain destroyed by the end of this arc, this is the greater MCU, they're not going to destroy the planet, there must be something else they have to do to save the Earth from geting destroyed.

@thor_parker82: Yea I don't get that either maybe they find out what they have to do in the past to save the future but idk. What the hell is up with that army lady too is she Kree?

Also how is Sinara the big battle for Daisy next week when May was giving her a challenge

Tbh that was kind of bad writing, Sinara could have killed May with her balls (lol) quite easily, but I get what you're saying, for some reason, these Kree don't seem to have superhuman stats, Daisy was hurting them with punches and kicks.

Avatar image for thefallen_angel
    TheFallen_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_angel said:

I do not think Earth will remain destroyed by the end of this arc, this is the greater MCU, they're not going to destroy the planet, there must be something else they have to do to save the Earth from geting destroyed.

@thorthunder98 said:

Tbh that was kind of bad writing, Sinara could have killed May with her balls (lol) quite easily, but I get what you're saying, for some reason, these Kree don't seem to have superhuman stats, Daisy was hurting them with punches and kicks.

Well one Kree hit Daisy and she flew to the far table in that room. That's superhuman. And in episode four May, Coulson and Deke had more trouble than Daisy did and even though Coulson hit one really hard with a chair, the Kree didn't even slow down or feel it. Considering how in the comics inhumans all have above peak-human stats (and I'm pretty sure in the comics Steve is only peak-human most of the time), I don't think it's that far-fetched for MCU Daisy to have enhanced physicals.

As for the planet, guess we'll see. It would be interesting to see how they'd solve it considering how they explained time in season 3.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Yea the Kree have been really sub-par this season compared to Vin-Tak who no sold a fully loaded punch from Mack then wrecked him and Hunter with ease. Been very lackluster with the Kree this season, they have random moments where they're superhuman and then they're not the next moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.