cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cracks

I have a few questions regarding this storyline:

1. Why was it X-Man who predicted that it would be Apocalypse who would kill Magneto when Magneto killed Apocalypse himself? Was this just created to help sustain the climax of the story?

2. If Magneto's enemies had Quicksilver, his son, then why did Magneto let himself be captured, later to be tortured by Holocaust and Apocalypse? Why didn't Magneto just break loose and defeat and kill them all and then save his son? Would Magneto have been killed if X-Man did not free him?

3. If X-Man was so powerful, how is it that he was not able to defeat Holocaust? Magneto defeated Holocaust easily.  

4. Magneto and Rogue both had a son named, Charles Lensherr. If this child grew to Magneto's age, could he possibly become more powerful than his father, Magneto?

5. Did Holocaust ever fight Sunfire? Was this in Japan? What exactly happened?

6. Would you like to see a live action or animated adaptation of the Age of Apocalypse storyline?
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

My answers as I understand your questions.

1. X-Man thought Apocalypse would kill Magneto, not like he can see the future.

2. Magneto didn't let himself got captured from what I remember, he was captured and tried to fight it. They also didn't have Quicksilver they had his other son Charles.

3. X-Man is powerful but so is Holocaust. When did Magneto defeat Holocaust easily? Magneto is more experienced maybe, X-Man was still learning.

4. Possibly, it's possible little Charles could have a completely different mutant power.

5. Not sure if Holocaust fought Sunfire but Apocalypse did destroy Japan likely with Holocaust's help. One of the reasons Sunfire doesn't power down is because he was nearly drowned by Apocalypse in a lake of blood of the people of Japan.

6. A series would be awesome, though from the end of season 1 of Wolverine and the X-Men they might be doing just that....kinda. A movie would be even better.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cracks
@PrinceIMC: 
1. Why did X-Man think that Apocalypse would kill Magneto?

3. After Magneto heard that Holocaust killed the Scarlet Witch and after Holocaust almost killed Quicksilver, Magneto became very angry and destroyed his armor leaving him for dead.  

5. You said, "One of the reasons Sunfire doesn't power down is because he was nearly drowned by Apocalypse in a lake of blood of the people of Japan." Kindly elaborate on this more. Did Sunfire battle Apoc.? 

6.   I doubt they will bring Holocaust into season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men. That would make it too violent. 

Thank you for answering my question. I appreciate it. Take care. 
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC
@cracks: 
1. I think cuz Apocalypse has killed so many others. He was believed to be immortal.

3. I thought that was before he got his armor and became an energy being? He was called Nemesis and had a human body when he attacked Wundagore and killed Wanda. I thought it was Magneto's revenge against him that caused him to need the armor. I don't remember them fighting after that. I might need to reread my AoA.

5. It was only a couple panels, kinda a Sunfire flashback and it was implied elsewhere but never really shown what happened. Could be that he powered up while being drowned and made his escape.

6. They could always tone him down slightly. They did show Apocalypse and the AoA versions of Sinister and Cyclops at his side.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cracks
@PrinceIMC: 
1. Apocalypse is immortal. Of course, he can be killed though. 

3. True.  His name was changed to Nemesis because his other name was controversial.  His other name was Holocaust. Obviously that is controversial. Was he more powerful before or after?

5. Sunfire was drowned? Literally?
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3. before. he was essentially a physical human. it was in X-Men Chronicles #1 i think.
Apocalypse restored him after wards as an energy being and built a Celestial grade armor for him.
X-Man went on to defeat Holocaust later anyways in his own series so its sort of moot.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

3. No he was Nemesis first, then became Holocaust, then became Nemesis again. He was Nemesis and attacked Wundagore as a human/mutant, fought and killed Scarlet Witch and then he became an energy being and lived in the armor. Then when he came to 616 he started calling himself Nemesis again. I think he was more powerful in his energy form with the armor than his human form.

5. Apocalypse was holding him under a lake of blood but he survived so it seems he escaped. He was being drowned.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself
@cracks:  his name went from Nemesis to Holocaust....as far as I know it was never changed back...they called him Holocaust in his most recent appearance in Exiles
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cracks
@CATMANEXE: Apocalypse is such a nice father. LOL. 

When did X-Man defeat Holocaust? Do you happen to have the scan. I thought it was Hyperion who defeat him.
Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grendel
@danhimself:  It was "Dark Nemesis", like the action figure, for a spell (At least in that X-man annual where the Shiar capture all the AOA refugees) but you are correct, they did change it back.

But I don't think they've ever shown Magneto face off against Holocaust when he wasn't in his Nemesis form.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cracks
@PrinceIMC: WOW. Apocalypse is ruthless and relentless. Trying to drown Sunfire. I am flabbergasted.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cracks said:
" @CATMANEXE: Apocalypse is such a nice father. LOL.   When did X-Man defeat Holocaust? Do you happen to have the scan. I thought it was Hyperion who defeat him. "
X-Man #17
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC
@cracks said:
" @PrinceIMC: WOW. Apocalypse is ruthless and relentless. Trying to drown Sunfire. I am flabbergasted. "
Tried to drown him in a lake of blood of his fellow countrymen. Now that's ruthless.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cracks
@PrinceIMC: Absolutely.  I couldn't see that happening in Season 2 though. Why didn't Sunfire fight back?
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceIMC
@cracks: No they probably wouldn't put that in a cartoon. It was only like one or two panels in a flashback/memory type thing. The fact that Sunfire survived and from then on didn't power down he probably did fight back. He did at least escape that's for sure.
Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Pania
@cracks: *sigh* You did not read this did you? I love it when people get into arguments about thing they know nothing about.

They didn't capture Quicksilver, they captured Charles. The four year old. And Magneto didn't break lose and rescue his son because he did not know where the Vanisher had taken Charles. He didn't know where to go to save him, so he had to bide his time. 

And Exiles postulated what an adult son of Magneto and Rogue would be like: He turned anything he touched to metal.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cracks
@Pania: I love you.             And you came back to me!

I do admit that I have been stubborn in our last conversation and I have not been willing to accept the fact that Apocalypse loses.  Magneto indeed can use Apocalypse just as he can use Colossus. Apocalypse has technology in his suit and is partially metallic. Obviously Magneto defeats Apocalypse. I wonder if X-Man at full power can defeat Magneto at full power. Anyway.  

Magneto could still kill them though, even if he did not know where Charles was.                       %Pr
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cracks

Interesting to note that Holocaust was able to absorb and withstand Sunfire's nuclear level plasma blasts easily, but Apocalypse was not. Apocalypse was weakened by Sunfire's nuclear level plasma blasts and had to return home to recuperate.  Holocaust > Apocalypse.                                  %Pr