• 128 results
#1 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not say this lightly, and I don't even say it because I dislike DCEU films.

In fact, I enjoy every DCEU film with the exception of Suicide Squad. The reason I say this is because the DCEU has nothing interesting left to offer. Every plot thread they've set up has either been dropped or haphazardly finished. Superman's return (while the fight scene was sort of cool) was an enormous let down for it's build up in BvS. Ending an entire film on Superman's death should have set up one of the biggest events in CBM history. Instead, comparatively, it was the equivalent of a wet fart.

What about Batman, the next most interesting part after Superman? Lame as of JL. Affleck is completely dialing his performance in at this point. All of the gusto and effort he put into BvS? Not even remotely present here, except maybe the Aquaman scene. Also, Affleck has fatface now. Seriously, compare him back to BvS. Really distracting. I have no interest in watching Affleck skimp out as Batman.

Then there's Darkseid. Why do I give a fat shit about Darkseid at this point? We've already seen how that battle will play out, since it was literally everything Steppenwolf would have done, except with a stronger bad guy. Maybe I would have been interested if Steppenwolf had a different agenda, but he basically did everything Darkseid is always supposed to do with Earth.

Why even set up the Injustice League? Lol. So far we have (1) Luthor. Ok, cool. (2) Deathstroke. Awesome, sounds good. (3) Uhhhhhhh...

Everyone in Suicide Squad? Who are lame? Ares? Haha this honestly makes no sense. We have like two current villains that make sense on the Injustice League. Maybe Joker, but, uh, he offers nothing to the team with Luthor there.

The only thing I legitimately want to see is the Flash film. Anything else, meh. At this point, a reboot in-universe or out would be preferred.

Avatar image for generalbeastgod
#2 Edited by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

At least you're honest. We have enough blind DC fanboys on this site. The DCCU is legit the worse franchise I've ever seen. Total trash. The complaints you've made are just the start of it. This list goes on forever.

Gotta say I can't believe this is actual reality!

Suicide Squad?! BvS?!? JL?!? Total unfocused trash. Switching from dark to comedy on the fly trying to react to be being a joke. DC is a total joke.

#3 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12310 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to fix the dumpster fire of what is going on behind the scenes from an executive management level first before they try to change storytelling and characterization. If they don’t fix the REAL problem, nothing else will change no matter which direction they go.

#4 Posted by Green_Tea (10402 posts) - - Show Bio

I want it dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
#5 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod:

No Caption Provided

OT I disagree.

If anything they just need to quit trying to build a tied in cinematic universe similar to MCU and go with quality standalones.

Marvel is about to fall off hard after Infinity War. No one wants to see SJW Captain Marvel and all the other B rate characters their gonna have to build up after the main cast gets taken out. I'd take Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman 2 or Justice League 2 over ANYTHING in Marvel Phase 4.

I have yet to see a rational idea for a reboot at this point.

#6 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: HAhahahahahahaha!!!!! This right here is exactly what I was talking about! When I said:

"At least you're honest. We have enough blind DC fanboys on this site."

Hey everbody this guy says "Marvel is about to fall off hard after Infinity War." Completely ignoring Marvel just got the most popular heroes back this gen, the X-Men. There about to announce the reboot of that entire cast and blend them with the MCU. Add Ryan's DP and officially announce the MCU R-rated label.

The MCU is legit just getting started.

#7 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod: Lol did someone in DC sleep with your SO or something?

You are the biggest hater on this site and it's a sad and disturbing. You obviously prefer Marvel but your hatred for everything DC makes you seem delusional, just saying.

#8 Posted by StormShadow_X (16323 posts) - - Show Bio

They just announced a new head of the DCEU Films so they're defiantly going forward. Hope it works out but a reboot should of been done.

#9 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: "stop it. Get some help"

Your denial is legendary. Take the L with dignity. I like Marvel and DC but refuse to be psycho blind fanboy.

Just don't say nothing else. Go meditate.

#10 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod: My denial is legendary? LOL you have claimed things such as GoTG 2 being one of the best CBMs ever, that is legendary level denial right there.

Once again you're being called out for your hating and don't have the courage of your convictions, I doubt you even believe the things you say.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#11 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3933 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: Despite his pure hatred, he has a point. Marvel JUST got F4 and the X-Men. They aren't dropping off at all.

Now they have all their rights. They also appeal towards the general audience 100% more than DC.

So they can take it ANY direction they please. Judging by the massive success of GotG, d and even f-list characters could be used to great extent.

#12 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: "stop it. Get some help"

I'm done talking about it. I don't have to. The only people who agree with you are the other blind fanboys like you. And there's no reasoning with none of you.

#takeTheLwithDignity

#13 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod: Lol so you still can't defend anything you say?

No Caption Provided

@thespartanb345t: I think expecting MCU to not fall off a bit after Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor all get taken out is being a little hopeful. Those three are the stalwarts of the franchise and I would expect a dip if even a slight one. I like X-Men and their popular for sure so that will be a boon.

Eh I somewhat agree but that's only because of the way they've marketed. Batman is as appealing as it gets still, and Superman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the DC lineup are all still very well known and popular heros across all entertainment mediums.

I disagree. The only thing that's exciting about Phase 4 at this point is Spider-Man to me. I loathe both GoTG movies and am not looking forward to a third. The details on Phase 4 are a little sketch anyways so it could change.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#14 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, DC's brand is just getting more tarnished as it goes on.

#15 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3933 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: You don't know if they'll die. The new rights offer a whole new plot armor on its own.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t: Their contracts are up and they each have a trilogy already. Indicators point to them being taken out somewhere during Infinity Wars, and honestly it would make sense thematically as well.

And a new Cap, Ironman and Thor? I don't see it, at least not anytime soon.

#17 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3933 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Rebooting at this point would be even more damaging. Let's see how Aquaman, WW2 and SS2 do, that's going to be the final test I guess.

#19 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

There were just so many missteps and missed opportunities along the way. After a solid start with Man of Steel, they had no clear direction and rushed through some of their biggest storylines in what I can only conceive as an effort to "catch up" to the MCU.

Justice League should have been bigger than the Avengers.

#20 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the point of rebooting?

#21 Posted by kgb725 (18355 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: Ah yes the mcu is going to fail because of no good reason at all. I'm sure Guardians Xmen and Spidey are all going to flop hard

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#22 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (878 posts) - - Show Bio

There's just way too many missed opportunities that makes me not care anymore.

#23 Posted by kiba (3646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mazahs117: you're a hundred percent correct. A reboot won't help anything at this point. JLs problems unfortunately seem unavoidable but WW was pretty good and Aquaman may still be as well.

#24 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t:As far as I know their contracts extend only through Infinity War part 1 and 2. If they got their contracts renewed that means their planning a fourth Iron Man, Captain America and Thor and I haven't heard anything to suggest that and it seems highly unlikely at this point. I do think Thor dies at some point in Infinity Wars, probably cracking a joke before Thanos cracks his head.

@kgb725: "I think expecting MCU to not fall off a bit after Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor all get taken out is being a little hopeful. Those three are the stalwarts of the franchise and I would expect a dip if even a slight one. I like X-Men and their popular for sure so that will be a boon." Is that me saying the MCU is going to fail, or is that you getting overly triggered? I didn't say the MCU was going to fail, I said not expecting a slight dip during a transition period when their killing off popular characters and introducing new ones is being a little hopeful. Their Phase 1 was also a slow build so it's not ahistorical to presume that.

#25 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4964 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: getting their contracts renewed doesn’t suddenly mean that there’d be a fourth movie for any of them, it just means that they could appear in any future MCU film. And you blatantly said and I quote “the mcu is going to fall off hard after infinity war” then proceeded to say that nobody would want to see “sjw captain marvel and the other b rate characters” that’s a lot more than saying they’d have a slight dip

#26 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't we had like a million threads like this. We all get it. DCEU is trash, garbage, stupid, boring..bla bla bla. It was obvious the moment JL flopped that DCEU stands no chance against MCU. Even B grade Marvel characters are doing better. But a reboot is not always the solution. Why can't we have both the franchises running parallel to each other. Viewers get some diversity. What about people like me who don't enjoy the kind of movie Disney makes at all. I liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and consider JL as an abomination that could neither be completely light or dark. I want DCEU to continue and more movies like MoS to be made. Let's see what they do with Aquaman. Its not like the low revenues are affecting you personally. Have you invested in WB stocks recently? Let them be trash and observe to what extent this joke of a franchise runs until they decide they can annoy people no longer and they just implode.

I also get most of the flaws you've pointed out. But regarding Batman's bloated fat face, if you've seen the tailers closely you'd know that it's because of the reshoots. The trailers had featured a fit Ben Affleck who had been in shape for the movie. Reshoots did all the damage. Steppenwolf too had great character development and motivation if we go by what Snyder had planned to do with him. The mother boxes originally had the spirit of his mother Heggra whom he was gonna resurrect on earth to gain power and get his New God status reinstated to ultimately go to war against Darksied. A lot of the problems are due to studio interference. This has happened earlier with BVS and Suicide Squad. Whatever it is.. let them do what they do. If you don't enjoy DCEU movies, then sit with a shitload of popcorn and watch how the DCEU shits all over itself eventually. With F4 and Xmen going back to Marvel, it's all downhill for any Disney/MCU rival now.

#27 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebooting wouldn't help in my opinion.

#28 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

No need to reboot.Just bring good director & good writer.

#29 Posted by strangetales (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate that this was the bvs and justice league movies we got. If they reboot all the hype is going to be gone for the next one and I will never get the bvs movie I wanted and I'm very deeply saddened by that. We can still reboot and get a good justice league movie though

I don't know, I just want good movies

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#30 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Use flashpoint to soft reboot. Make it all less edgy.

#31 Edited by Magian (151198 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought of reboots as lazy solutions. The DCEU has some good things in it, just give it to more competent hands.

#32 Posted by CosmoGod (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

My only concern is DCEU actors seem below par with their commitment to portray Superhero. They appear to be too casual.

#33 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike_fowler: Like I said, it would thematically make more sense and be more powerful if they died sometime during Infinity War. If those get taken out Infinity War could be legendary, if they let them linger on just make cameos in future MCU movies they would have wasted all three of there trilogies IMO.

And am I wrong? Like honestly, other than @generalbeastgod, who is actually hyped for Captain Marvel? They want her to take a prominent position in Phase 4 and I just don't see the excitement around it. To say nothing of SJW and complete libtard Brie Larson in the starring role. Her movie will consist of Captain Marvel stopping "sexual harassment" and beating up people who use improper pronouns. X-Men and Spidey will save them going forward.

#34 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly you've learned nothing from reading comics. Superheroes don't give up!

#35 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: Well X men can make Marvel to go on.

DCEU will survive.Jam Wan is very good director His Aquaman movie will be great i believe.Also Snyder is Gone from DCEU.

#36 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@galactic_1000: Yeah I agree. They've always been popular.

James Wan is a genius and I'm actually hyped for Aquaman. Wan knows how to build suspense a la "The Conjuring" and knows how to sell a la "Fast 2 Furious" movies. Damn shame about Snyder though, the man is a good director and Snyder hate on this site is laughable.

#37 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: DC fanboys shouldn't be allowed to talk. You're embarrassing your own community. Lol

#38 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give them a few movies to wrap things up.

#39 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: I also like Snyder.I like darker movies.His Mos & BVS UE was great.It was WB fault who messed with directors flims & when they fail they blame directors.

I didn't like Jl that much WB cut 1hr of the movie. Also Jl supposed to be more darker & serious than BvS.

But Whedon & WB ruined it.

BvS 30 mins cut by WB.

Hope WB won't messed with Wan's movie.

WB is the enemy of DCEU.

They are the one who ruined movies & they are the one who blame director when it wasn't their fault.

Proof:BvS was not good because WB cut 30 mins But BVS UE was Great because we able to understand the story.

Hope Zack snyder will return to DCEU.

#40 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod: Lol OKAY Mr Captain Marvel is the greatest superhero in a generation, keep living in Disneyland.

#41 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel Greatest Superhero 😒😒 Nice Joke.

#42 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@galactic_1000: Same, I've always prefered the darker more edgy tone of DCEU.

Is there any news on a Snyder cut or is that just being hopeful? I'd love to see all those extra scenes they cut.

Agreed.

Yep, and Ultimate Edition fixed most critic issues.

Fingers crossed.

Can't understand why.

Suits who've never even watched the movies and don't give a shit about anything but the bottom line ruined the movie.

Me too.

#43 Edited by DeathandGrim (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

#New52TheDCEU lol It's a mess because WB's disgusting amount of meddling with the material. Picking Snyder was also a bad choice. After reading what he even thought about standard Superhero tales as "not really his scene" and how he practically jerked off to Watchmen from his interviews kind of spelled disaster. He was never interested in traditional Superheroes at all and it showed by how much he dragged them through the dirt in his first two DCEU efforts.

Suicide Squad was the biggest mistake they made in my opinion. WB seems to have overlooked... okay WB didn't care that the villains of Suicide Squad were more or less characterized by the Heroes that beat them rather than just themselves. And said history that belonged to each character would have played out much better in standalone movies. And think about the audience reaction to seeing like 5 films worth of movie villains all uniquely characterized from films they shared with the respective rivals returning together in one film. It would have been one hell of a one-up to Nick Fury showing up at the end of Marvel films: having Amanda Waller show up at the end of DCEU films gathering villains. And you wouldn't have to devote obnoxious amounts of time developing these characters and you could have a real plot and the audience would just love the fact they get to see these interesting characters again on screen together like *cough* The Avengers *cough* WB screwed the pooch on that.

I think the DCEU should really end. DC comics has a good amount of widely known to nerd fandom but not known to the wider modern pop culture moments that these movies unfortunately ruined

• Death of Superman
  • Dark Knight Returns Superman vs Batman fight. The literal dream of millions of fanboys across forums and just general pop culture worldwide. Wasted.
  • Assembly of the Suicide Squad
  • Introduction of the New Gods and Darkseid
  • Forming the Justice League

(At least the detonation of Coast City didn't happen in BVS as well)

And now when newer projects attempt these iconic moments there's always gonna be this air of "oh like DCEU" under it spoiling the moment.

Bravo. Well played, WB.

#44 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: Is there any news on a Snyder cut or is that just being hopeful? I'd love tosee all those extra scenes they cut."

Not sure But in his version Darkseid appeared and killed Steppenwolf at the end He said:I like to meet that Kryptonium.(superman)

#45 Posted by JamesWayne (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: yeah but strange and guardians were once b list. Antmam too. Thor didnt do great until ragmorak. Marvel knows how to handle their properties and market their brand. They'll be fine

#46 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameswayne: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Justice League and honestly even more Joker are all more exciting to me than the characters Marvel plans to introduce.

OT I just think DC has better characters overall and it'd be stupid to concede live action blockbusters to Marvel.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
#47 Edited by SpeedforceUser_ (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:

@generalbeastgod:

Marvel is about to fall off hard after Infinity War. No one wants to see SJW Captain Marvel and all the other B rate characters their gonna have to build up after the main cast gets taken out. I'd take Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman 2 or Justice League 2 over ANYTHING in Marvel Phase 4.

I have yet to see a rational idea for a reboot at this point.

#48 Posted by SuperHulk24 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

They improve with the new leadership and produce quality films everything will fall into place.

The arrogance of Marvel/Disney fanboys is starting to get very annoying.

#49 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: I don't care either way but I bet DC fans cringe every time you comment. Lol

#takeTheLwithDignity

#50 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@generalbeastgod: You think Captain Marvel is the greatest hero in a generation, that's the cringiest thing I've ever seen in my life and brings shame upon this whole community, not just the Marvel fanboys like you.

This is the last time I'll address you off topic, you have no rational thoughts on why the DCEU should be rebooted and your hating deludes you to no end.