• 186 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll After Infinity War: Is the Dark Knight still the best CBM (232 votes)

Yes, of course! 56%
No it's not. 34%
Can't decide. 4%
5%

Yes it's been done to death but the question will always remain.

I still think TDK.

• 
Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Gokluma

Logan is basically marvel's version of Dark knight and way better story than infinity war in terms of a story except for random vague overhyped feats.

No offense to the mcu fanbase but the whole DCEU/DC movie vs MCU rivalry is just bit too much for my tastes

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Without a doubt. It's place isn't even challenged.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Dark Knight came out 10 years ago and it’s still a topic of discussion. Will we be as passionate about Infinity War in 2028? I have my doubts. Logan or Winter Soldier, hell even Man of Steel? Much more likely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03
deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, ignoring the two borderline stupid comments above me we have some things to consider.....

Is TDK overrated?

If you have to ponder this question for more than a single second than we both know the answer. And TDK fans won't like it.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, ignoring the two borderline stupid comments above me we have some things to consider.....

Is TDK overrated?

If you have to ponder this question for more than a single second than we both know the answer. And TDK fans won't like it.

Elaborate

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By TheKinfing

@lubub55 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 anthp2000  Moderator

TDK trilogy is the best.

TDKR is better than the other 2.

TWS/CW/IW are in the same league.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A small update for those backing up on IMDB's score, dropped from 9.2 to 8.8 .

8.8 is still a good score. Not that IMDB matters anyway...

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: There is no reason to debate here really. Mcu fanboys will keep wanking. Infinity war is just another fun popcorn mcu movie, while the dark knight is an absolute masteripiece.

Dark knight>any cbm movie by long shot.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: check the ratings again. Not that i care about any critics or rating sites. But tdk>>>infinity war.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Knight is a great movie, while Infinity War is good, but really relies on you knowing what happened on previous movies to get context. Otherwise you don't know what's going on.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how you want to compare them. Infinity war was kind of just a block buster epic event. Nothing wrong with that but it is a better visual spectacle. Dark Knight deserves credit for the points it made though.

Avatar image for straightshooter
StraightShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It hasn't been since Avengers, TWS, CW etc...

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the words of Peter Parker

IT NEVER WAS

in my opinion of course

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes, TDK is still the best. As I believe it's good but too incomplete, if you count both Infinity War part 1 and 2 then it becomes a way better film, but we are referring to it as it's own film, not as a Part 1 of 2.

ferber08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not even comparable, IW stomps. That´s exactly what we always wanted for a CBM movie, and the Russo brothers delivered.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ferber08 said:

It is not even comparable, IW stomps. That´s exactly what we always wanted for a CBM movie, and the Russo brothers delivered.

Not me

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By CitizenSurfer

@supermanforever said:

@citizensurfer: check the ratings again. Not that i care about any critics or rating sites. But tdk>>>infinity war.

But what does the General Population have to say?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So let's get this straight.

The Dark Knight has 1,589,423 more votes.

The Dark Knight had been 'out' for 10 years prior to the release of Infinity War.

Yet it only has a 0.2 higher score and you want to call it the better film?

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Archangel01

TDK Stomps,IW is just an another kinda childish,funny popcorn flick nothing more

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK Stomps,IW is just an another kinda childish,funny popcorn flick nothing more

Yeah because people turning to ash, and trillions of people dying is childish and hilarious...

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is but i personally think they're entirely different movies. Touching upon different things in a different way. Nolan was more realistic and crime/detective driven. Infinity War was the best comic adaptation. It was such a fun movie to watch and hit the right points. MCU's finest yet.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Supermanforever

@citizensurfer said:
@supermanforever said:

But what does the General Population have to say?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So let's get this straight.

The Dark Knight has 1,589,423 more votes.

The Dark Knight had been 'out' for 10 years prior to the release of Infinity War.

Yet it only has a 0.2 higher score and you want to call it the better film?

You might not be familiar with imdb rating. But i will give you 100% guarantee that the infinity war score will drop further and further. This is something that i would be money on. Know why? because it happened literaly with every prior movie that didnt start with crap score.

By the end of the movie in theatres and by the time it gets 500k votes it will be lower than it is now. Im giving you 100 percent guarantee. Dont believe me? ill tag you in couple weeks.

But as i said before the votes on imdb and critics dont determine how good one movie is. Its all based on opinions, to me tdk is miles better. I agree tdk is a bit overrated. But still better than IW by long marigin.

IW is currently above some movies that its even laughable to compared with. That should tell you how inconsistent imdb votes is.

Also lets get to the facts.

You said 0,2 % better. Well not like it matters to me, but its peoples opinion, also by the time it reaches 500k votes it will be around 8,6-8,5 trust me on this, i track this votes pretty much daily for couple years now.

2. Lets take the heroes and the motives. Well one movie has another "we must save planet" moment well aside from Thor who wants to do that and avenge for the asgardians.

Then there is batman who fihgts crime daily, cleaning streets from mobs and helping people, making sure nobody gets same threatment as he got. Well their motives are similar, but to me Batman is just more motivational.

Lets take the villain, is there any doubt that Joker is better? way more interesting, unique, strange and sort of mysterious. Meanwhile Thanos despite all the wank from people claiming best villain ever. Whats his motives, well another casual boring "im saviour of the universe".

Quality of the movies to me tdk still wins, mostly on practical, while avengers is pretty much all cgi. Not that i think cgi sucks, but i think practical just looks better because its real.

TDK won two oscars. Im not saying IW cant, but i dont see what it would win. Maybe for visual effects? though personally i think BP was visually better.

Compare the soundtracks, while i love sylvestri and what he did with IW, its nowhere near the masterpiece Zimmer created.

List goes on.

Finally my opinion. I never said that i like TDK more than IW. I like IW definantly more as cbm movie, because i outright love the superhero popcorn where you just sit back enjoy the bad ass superhero fights and power showcase, this is one reason i like lets say man of steel, thor ragnarok and some other superhero movies than tdk, i even like tdkr more than tdk. But i very well realise that as movie TDK is better than all of those movies in nearly every way.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archangel01 said:

Yeah because people turning to ash, and trillions of people dying is childish and hilarious...

People you know are coming back because Disney will keep making sequels.

And the half the universe Thanos snapped are just irrelevant, we don't even know who they are or what they are. There's no emotional impact there, whatsoever.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By CitizenSurfer

@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

And the half the universe Thanos snapped are just irrelevant, we don't even know who they are or what they are. There's no emotional impact there, whatsoever.

It doesn't matter whether they are coming back, if you think people turning to ash and trillions of people dying is "childish and hilarious" then you need psychiatric help.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@bruceveidt said:
@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

It doesn't matter whether they are coming back, if you think people turning to ash and trillions of people dying is "childish and hilarious" then you need psychiatric help.

And what does it say of everyone watching IW that trillions of people could die and it had all the impact and fanfare of watching paint dry?

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:
@bruceveidt said:
@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

And what does it say of everyone watching IW that trillions of people could die and it had all the impact and fanfare of watching paint dry?

What?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt said:
@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

Uh that can still be childish and hilarious. It all matters on acting, writing, and execution.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#184  Edited By Outside_85

@outside_85 said:
@citizensurfer said:
@bruceveidt said:
@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

What?

If humorous reaction is somehow a mental issue with watching billions of people die on a screen... then so is apathy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have an optional disconnect when watching Nolan films they make me feel nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A decades worth of hype is the only thing keeping people from seeing that IW is a very flawed movie. It cannot be compared to any of the CBM greats (Superman, TDK, Spiderman 2).

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

A decades worth of hype is the only thing keeping people from seeing that IW is a very flawed movie. It cannot be compared to any of the CBM greats (Superman, TDK, Spiderman 2).

Been saying this for a while.

Some people legit think TDK is not a CBM and IW is. As if all comic books were this big scale events with moon-busting feats and big purple aliens.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:
@outside_85 said:
@citizensurfer said:
@bruceveidt said:
@citizensurfer said:
@archangel01 said:

What?

If humorous reaction is somehow a mental issue with watching billions of people die on a screen... then so is apathy.

I didn't say it wasn't.