Posted by SaintWildcard (21712 posts) 3 months, 10 days ago

Poll: After Elseworlds: Do You Want A Superman Show? (43 votes)

No 67%
Yes 33%

The premise would obviously be Lois and Clark 2: IT's a Boy. A show about them with *pukes in mouth* Jon. After seeing this Superman and Lois, would you be down for said show on the CW?

#1 Edited by mrmonster (14682 posts) - - Show Bio

With Tyler Hoechlin's pathetic and emasculated Superman? No thank you.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (52060 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#3 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15c5c049c51
#4 Posted by deactivated-5c15c5c049c51 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think CW Superman has ever actually won a fight lol.

#5 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

It just doesn’t feel right for Superman to have a CW show.

#6 Posted by jayskee (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

On CW? Nope

#7 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

It just doesn’t feel right for Superman to have a CW show.

#8 Posted by RBT (27164 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Tyler is fantastic as Superman. But my one problem is the constant comparison of him to Kara, where they constantly rub it in out the face that Superman comes short to Supergirl. Not Tyler's fault, but still.

He'll at least be treated better in his own show. Plus, we'll actually get some big villains like Mongul and maybe Darkseid.

I'd rather have it set when Kara was a teenager. It could be a great way to avoid the inevitable comparisons and we'll get to see Clark's story from the beginning.

#9 Posted by Magian (151231 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm surprised they chose to go with this family dynamic, although I suppose it makes since it was stated that he has been operating as Superman for years, can't say I'm confident in CW to give us a properly written Superman show.

#10 Posted by StormShadow_X (16368 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He's an okay Superman. Nice voice and smile. Also don't think the cw would do him justice and make him constantly not be impressive compared to his cousin

#11 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think the actor is good enough as Superman to carry his own show

#12 Posted by MrClarky1 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Not unless it was set before the Supergirl series. I'd enjoy seeing a show focus specifically on Superman and his exploits in earth and throughout space. I feel there's some fun stories they could tell about Superman's travels through the universe encountering crazy powerful beings.

If it's anything post elseworlds no thank you whilst I enjoyed elseworlds thoroughly I was extremely disappointed with the Superman side of everything, particularly Lois who is now my least favourite character in the arrowverse. Superman is one of my favourite characters of all time and they've completely screwed him up just using him to make Supergirl look better it's hard to watch sometimes.

#13 Posted by MrClarky1 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: hahahaha yes whilst I don't actually mind the actor, the writers have completely ruined Superman and made him pretty pathetic

#14 Posted by Mutant1230 (6383 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkhoudini: He won fighting against Metallo in one of the first episodes of Season 2.

#15 Posted by mrmonster (14682 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: hahahaha yes whilst I don't actually mind the actor, the writers have completely ruined Superman and made him pretty pathetic

Agreed. Tyler Hoechlin himself is fine. But the writers and showrunners have made him so pathetic and outright emasculated that I really hope he doesn't become the star of his own show.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (52060 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I don't see why monguel can't show up on supergirl. Darkseid would be off limits due to the dceu but even if he weren't he too could show up on supergirl.

I don't think there is a point to a superman or batman in the cw if there just going to show up and job to make other heroes look good.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#17 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler Hoechlins beta-male superman? No thanks

#18 Posted by RBT (27164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@rbt: I don't see why monguel can't show up on supergirl. Darkseid would be off limits due to the dceu but even if he weren't he too could show up on supergirl.

I don't think there is a point to a superman or batman in the cw if there just going to show up and job to make other heroes look good.

I don't think that problem would exist if Superman had his own show and fanbase.

But as I said, a show based around Superman's early days, when Kara was a teenager, would work best IMO.

#19 Posted by Alavanka (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't take this Superman seriously.

The actor needs to grow out his beard. His neck is too thin and his skin is too pale. I'll bet you anything if I go on the internet and find a picture of him with a beard, and compare it with him clean shaven he will instantly look less like a beta male.

#20 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (835 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#21 Posted by weavile (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler is nice. He need to bulk up a bit but he has the heroic feel around him. But a Superman show that will constantly compare him to Kara and Lois? Nope.

#22 Posted by SanoHibiki (3389 posts) - - Show Bio

Not with that Superman and not in Arrow-Supergirl-verse.

#23 Posted by the_stegman (40139 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I like his Supes, I'm just tired of him being downplayed to make SG look superior. Maybe on his own show he'll actually y'know...be super.

#24 Posted by rogueshadow (29178 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He is inadequate.

#25 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just make more movies for Pete's sake!

#26 Posted by The_Kidd (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, this Superman is legit shorter than both Arrow and Flash. Aesthetic aside, he basically quite heroics and moved to a safer neighborhood because he got his girlfriend pregnant.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#27 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15665 posts) - - Show Bio

Not before, during, or after Elseworlds would this ever be a yes for me. I like Tyler, but for some reason he looks really small in the role.

@alavanka said:

The actor needs to grow out his beard. His neck is too thin and his skin is too pale. I'll bet you anything if I go on the internet and find a picture of him with a beard, and compare it with him clean shaven he will instantly look less like a beta male.

Funny you say that since he was an alpha in Teen Wolf lol.

#28 Posted by Alavanka (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

Not before, during, or after Elseworlds would this ever be a yes for me. I like Tyler, but for some reason he looks really small in the role.

@alavanka said:

It's the beard man...

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#29 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15665 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:
@indomitableregal said:

@alavanka said:

It's the beard man...

Good point lol. Maybe they should've went the DCEU Batman route and had a suit with built-in musculature. Would've made him look less scrawny (which he actually isn't, but the current suit does him no favors).

#30 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9159 posts) - - Show Bio

There doesn’t seem to be much reason to have one.

#31 Posted by SaintWildcard (21712 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like only a quarter of the average CBTV fan wants a Superman show. Heh, take that Clois shippers

#32 Posted by Mutant1230 (6383 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

Nope, this Superman is legit shorter than both Arrow and Flash. Aesthetic aside, he basically quite heroics and moved to a safer neighborhood because he got his girlfriend pregnant.

I think Tyler Hoechlin and Grant Gustin are around the same height

#33 Posted by The_Kidd (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

Nah, Tyler is a little shorter.

#34 Posted by Mutant1230 (6383 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:
@mutant1230 said:
@the_kidd said:

Nah, Tyler is a little shorter.

According to Celebheights they're both about 5'11.5 to 6'0 tall.

Maybe he slightly edges Tyler out? Grant's hair sometimes makes him look taller than he is though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c19671744860
#35 Posted by deactivated-5c19671744860 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

A show built around Superman wouldn't work in the current Arrowverse.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#36 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I don't think it's right.

#37 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Arrowverse but even I admit The CW shouldn't be trusted with a Superman show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
#38 Posted by deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae (193 posts) - - Show Bio

They would butcher him so much more than they already have.