Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kevd4wg

Avatar of Life: Adam Warlock Respect Thread

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Adam Warlock is probably my favorite Comic Character and I rep him quite a bit. I find Warlock to be pretty damn impressive relative to a lot of other people on his tier and it seems that opinion of him has gone up somewhat recently on the vine, but I don't think people really have a grasp on what tools Warlock actually has instead of just his general power level. I've made this respect thread to show Warlock's strengths and explain some of his more complicated elements, of which he has a lot. In particular, Warlock has a shit ton of different versions all with different abilities and levels of power so I am going to split up the respect thread into different sections for each version. Additionally there's going to be some sections that don't fit in with any specific form such as skill so I'll slap that at the end.

Also a general note for this RT, I will include feats I think are dubious context wise, likely hyperbole, or are potentially outliers, but I'll mention them and elaborate on them rather then simply ignore them.

And one final thing is that some feats will be marked with an asterix, the meaning of that will be explained in the introduction of each section as some groups of feats have context to how they happened.

Biography

A group of scientists named the Enclave attempted to make the perfect human being and as a result made "Him". However Him proved to be different then the Enclave expected and rebelled against his masters, destroying their lab and flying away to the stars. While in space, Him encountered Asgardians, including Thor and the Lady Sif. Giving into his incredibly child like nature as a young being, Him kidnapped Sif and as a result faced the wrath of Thor, who crushed him and faced Him to re-evaluate who he was.

The High Evolutionary found Him drifting in space and gave him the soul gem in order to become the guardian of Counter-Earth and complete his search for purpose. During this time, Him gained the name Warlock and also established his first villain, The Man-Beast, a chilling reminder of what Warlock could have been. While on the planet, Warlock became close with many children, who acted as his first friends and Warlock ultimately died in their defense, until he was born again 3 days later, starting a long history of Adam Warlock and religious allegory.

Under Starlin, Warlock found himself increasingly nihilistic about his place in the universe and his soul gem, which would rip out souls of people without him being able to control it, crushing him with guilt. In his quest to defeat the Magus, leader of the Universal church of truth, Warlock befriended Pip the Troll and Gamora, who would remain his closest allies. Warlock ultimately confronted The Magus only to discover that the Magus was the evil of himself and that Warlock was destined to give into. Ultimately Thanos was forced to intervened in the battle against The Magus, beginning Warlock and Thanos's long and complicated relationship. Warlock defeated the Magus by absorbing his future self into the soul gem, preventing him from becoming the Magus, but also seemingly causing his death. After Magus's defeat, Warlock found that Thanos was assembling the six soul gems, including the one on Warlock's head. Thanos attempted to destroy every star in the universe, and killed all of Warlock's friends(Pip and Gamora) in the process. Eventually the Avengers and Warlock mounted an assault on Thanos, with Warlock dying the process, being the future Warlock he had previously absorbed into the soul gem. However, the soul gem rose Warlock from the dead and he struck down Thanos with him, transmuting him into stone. After that, Warlock found himself in the soul gem, a place of harmony with everyone he had previously absorbed and Gamora and Pip as well and all was happy...

Until Thanos took over the universe with the Infinity Gauntlet. As part of the Soul Gem, Warlock was aware of Thanos's power and revived himself, Pip, and Gamora to help defeat him. Leading basically every Super Hero and cosmic abstract, Warlock defeated Thanos and gained the power of the Infinity Gems to become all powerful himself. Omnipotence did not suit Adam though as The Living Tribunal forced Warlock to split the gems and banned them from working in unison, leading to the creation of his team, the Infinity Watch who protected the stones. Warlock had to work closely with the watch, including Thanos, to defeat both his evil and good side that he had separated from himself. After some time the watch disbanded and Warlock was seen infrequently and did little of importance until the Annihilation Wave.

Following the Annihilation Wave's destruction of the universe, Warlock found himself reborn in a new form with magical prowress. Warlock helped defeat Ultron and the Phalanx that were taking over the galaxy before making it his mission to stop the destruction of space time. However, in order to save the universe, Warlock was forced to merge his universe with an alternate future, the alternate future of the Magus. Warlock became the Magus, sacrificing himself for the universe. However, the Magus worked to summon the Cancer-Verse, almost destroying the universe himself. The leader of the Cancer-verse, Lord Mar-Vell ultimately killed Magus due to his failure in killing Thanos.

Since that point in time, an alternate universe version of Warlock become the living Tribunal, and then be killed, and then reborn as Normal Warlock again. The most interesting development with recent Warlock however is the new child Magus who may have broken the cycle of evil.

Comic Re-Tellings

Warlock has had his origin story re-told a ton in comics, so I figured I would demonstrate them all here, while also showing how his origin has developed over time.

Strange Tales #178(1975)

Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1(1992)

Warlock Chronicles #1(1993)

Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock(2018):

Him

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Him was Warlock's first incarnation and is quite a bit different from the rest. He acts similar to a child and does not have Warlock's wisdom that he later becomes known for. Despite his brick appearance, Him is actually one of Warlock's most versatile versions, having a myriad of strange abilities.

Physicals

Strength

• Casually launches Thor and Balder(Thor #165).

Durability

Speed

Energy

Miscellaneous abilities

Golden Warrior

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Following Warlock's duration as Him, he goes into a Cocoon and emerges into a form much closer to his standard form, but weaker overall(Warlock #9). This point is also where Warlock gains his famous soul gem from The High Evolutionary. However, during Roy Thomas's tenure the soul gem acts quite a bit differently so I'll include its feats here instead of in the Soul Gem section. Overall this is certainly the weakest of all of Warlock's forms and takes a very active hero role that Warlock does not really ever return to.

*indicates this feat takes place in an alternate future that did not actually happen. However it's stated that it would have become reality if Warlock killed his friends in the possible future and Warlock received no amp during this time, he just was bloodlusted, so there is no reason these feats would not apply.

Physicals

Strength

• Breaks Metal tentacles and rips them from their sockets(Warlock #3)
  • Punches Apollo to the California Coast and through a hilltop from a couple of miles off-shore(Warlock #3)
  • Throws a monster into the Washington Monument, breaking it(Warlock #8)

Durability

• Quickly recovers being launched out of High Evolutionary's ship and falling from orbit(Marvel Premiere #1/2)
  • Tanks falling from orbit(Warlock #1)
  • Shrugs off a nuke(Warlock #2)*
  • Takes a blast from the Deathbirds, albeit with difficulty, which was stated to have the power to obliterate mountains(Warlock #5/6)
  • While weakened, takes a hit from the Brute who had his strength amped 10-fold. Just 2 issues prior, the Brute had torn down a Bridge with his raw strength.(Warlock #7/5)

Speed

• Bullrushes an opponent and dodges an Energy Blast(Warlock #1)
  • Dissolves bullets before they can reach him(Warlock #2)*
  • Travels across the entire world to different Capitals(Warlock #2)* - The time frame for this feat is vague, but the times given for each of the capitals with the difference in timezones seems to suggest it was in a fairly short period of time.
  • Dodges Heat seeking torpedoes(Warlock #3)
  • Dodges around Heat Seeking missiles(Warlock #4) - Warlock does admit the missiles are faster than him though.

Soul Gem

It's explained at this point in time, the power of the soul gem comes from Warlock's own internal stamina as well as the belief of his followers, while weakening as a result of betrayal(Warlock #8). This is a change from when the soul gems are established and later retconned into Infinity Gem, so this explanation would only apply here. This powerset does later apply to the Magus, who draws power from his worshippers.

Power

• Stuns Nu-Men holding Warlock(Warlock #2)
  • Launches Man-Beast out Warlock's vision and destroys a skyscraper(Warlock #2)*
  • Destroys every major leadership building across the World(Warlock #2)*
  • Tunnels to the center of the Earth(Warlock #7)

Depowering/De-evolving

• De-evolves a Nu-Man into an ape(Warlock #2) - This is arguably more like depowering the Nu-Men rather than devolving a normal person since the Nu-Men were powered up from animals to these monsters and Warlock is simply turning them back. His power with the soul gem at this point mostly revolves around returning something to it's original state.
  • Turns a snake's skin back into a live snake(Warlock #2)
  • Removes chemical bonding from bullets, devolving them into just splashes of molecules(Warlock #2)*
  • Devolves a Parachute into molecules of air(Warlock #2)*
  • Carefully repairs a bridge by returning the molecules to their initial bonds in the bridge(Warlock #6)
  • Devolves the Brute back into Reed Richards(Warlock #6)
  • Shrinks and weakens a monster(Warlock #8)
  • Devolves the Man Beast and his army extremely casually(Incredible Hulk #178) - This is the result of a the permanent amp that sends him to the power level of the version below, however this hax is still never seen again after this as Starlin changes the nature of the soul gem so I'm including it in this section.

Energy/Other

• Shows others the horrors of the world through others eyes and how the horrors are not caused by "bad" people(Marvel Premiere #1)
  • Absorbs lightning sent by the High Evolutionary(Warlock #3)
  • Creates a wall of flame around Triax(Warlock #4)
  • Melts Rock(Warlock #5)

Standard

No Caption Provided

Introduction

This version of Warlock is the most recognizable version of Warlock and the version mostly used by his most important writer, Jim Starlin. Starlin re-imagined Warlock into a complicated and problematic cosmic figure, where he has largely remained until today. This is the Warlock seen in Infinity Gauntlet and it's sequels and represents Warlock at the peak of his importance within the Marvel Universe. While I am grouping this all as one version, Starlin's Golden Warlock runs from 1975 until 2007 and has about 6 different power ups, but mostly maintains the same abilities. I'll cover the Power-Ups in their own section and then separate the feats by different eras of feats.

*indicates Warlock did not have the soul gem while performing the feat. The Soul Gem at times has been portrayed to give Warlock a boost to his physicals and Warlock had it for most, but not all of his appearances during this time period.

Power Ups

At the very end of Roy Thomas's run on Warlock, he gives Warlock a huge amp(Incredible Hulk #178) which justifies the jump in power from Roy Thomas's mid tier to Starlin's powerhouse. This first version I'll refer to as Base. Starlin's first arc on Warlock involved him fighting his evil, future self, the Magus. Once Warlock does defeat the Magus, who is much more powerful then Warlock, he gains some of his abilities(Warlock #13), however there's no indication this amp gave him much other than a few sense feats so I won't separate the two. Warlock would remain at this power level until his death in 1977 and revival for The Infinity Gauntlet event in 1991. Upon bringing himself out of the soul gem, Warlock gave increases in power to all those who returned(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #14), which consisted of Gamora, Pip the Troll, and of course, himself. I'll refer to this as Revival/Infinity Gauntlet. Warlock then disappears for a few years, but when he returns he has gained a considerable amount of strength(Warlock vol 2 #3), which I'll call Late 90's, until finally he turns into a cocoon and re-incarnates into a new version of the form(Infinity Abyss #3), which seems to be the strongest of all. I'll call this Final Form.

Warlock also travels into the Rune universe during this stage and gets a new look, however there's no indication it's anything other then the Warlock who was in Infinity Gauntlet. I'll mark Rune feats separately under Rune since it's so... weird, but they should be around the same power level as his revival version.

Strength

Base

• Throws a rock giant into another, destroying it(Warlock #13) - Warlock did say he was physically outmatched by these stone-men, but that does seem to be more in terms of strength than durability.

Revival/Infinity Gauntlet

• KOes a guy in "star tempered" armor(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #5) - Warlock later says in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #28 that he was getting accustomed to his new body at this point in time and so didn't have his full skills or confidence.
  • Hits hard enough to Shatter Worlds and Shake Stars(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #32) - I do think it's pretty likely that this is hyperbole, however a case can be made this is mostly from emotion as Warlock typically is reserved, but in this scenario had been affected by a love potion and thus was highly emotional.
  • Easily chokes out Silver Surfer(Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection #4)
  • With help from many others, pushes over the moonpusher which was shooting into the moon at such high speeds it was pushing the moon(Starblast #1)
  • Hurts Mephisto with a strike(Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection #4) - There is some pretty serious context with this which I'll address in the soul gem section.

Rune

Late 90's

• Easily Koes Classic Drax(Warlock vol 2 #1) - Unfortunately, there is some context to this. In Cosmic Powers Unlimited #4, Drax gives some of his strength to heal Moondragon and she gives some of her mental power to make him smart. Realistically this wouldn't affect him a lot and this did go away by the next time we see Drax after this series, but it did happen.
  • Pulls Drax out of a Wormhole, showing he's stronger than normal(Warlock vol 2 #3)

Final Form

• Easily breaks out of a Thanosi's Grasp(Infinity Abyss #2)- It's unclear exactly how strong this Thanosi was as they were stated to be around the same power level as Thanos, but each specialized in a specific area and this one specialized on the mind.
  • Easily takes out Rigellians amped to have greater physicals than him(Thanos #2)

Durability

Base

• Takes hits from a being from a planet with gravity 1000 times stronger that of Earth(Strange Tales #178)
  • Tanks hits from Stone-Men stated to be his physical superior(Warlock #13)
  • No-sells travelling through a blackhole(Warlock #14) - It does seem that Starlin didn't really intend for this to be a feat, and rather just a wormhole.
  • Resists being pulled into the soul Gem(Warlock #15) - This was before the Soul Gem was retconned to be an infinity gem though, just one of the 6 soul gems.
  • Gets back up pretty quickly after being blasted by The Stranger's Soul Gem(Marvel Team-Up #55)

Late 90's

• Tanks a punch and collision from Classic Drax(Warlock vol 2 #1) - Drax was arguably weaker here, which I covered in the strength section
  • Tanks a bunch of hits from Undead Mar-Vell(Warlock vol 2 #2) - It's hard to know how strong Undead Mar-Vell would be compared to normal Mar-Vell, but I would guess around the same power level.
  • Doesn't even feel energy that blows up a ship from farther away(Warlock vol 2 #3)

Final Form

• Takes an absolute beating from Warrior a clone of Thanos stated to be 4-5 times as strong as Thanos and one-shotted Dr. Strange, yet gets back up(Infinity Abyss #5)
  • Briefly tanks a dogpile of a dozen soldiers amped to be stronger than him(Thanos #2)

Speed

Base

• Despite the fact that he is 420 light years away from Earth, Warlock states it will take him only weeks to get there(Warlock #13)
  • Travels at FTL speeds around the Sun(Avengers Annual #7)
  • When fighting 25,000 black knights, they can't tag Warlock saying him and Gmoara "never seem to be where they appeared when fired upon"(Warlock #10)
  • Crosses hundreds of miles seemingly before a comet can cross a few feat to him(Warlock #14)
  • Blitzes a warrior before his own sound can reach him, which is clear supersonic movement(Strange Tales #178)
  • Dodges a mindblast (Warlock #13), The Star Thief does say he allowed Warlock to avoid it, but he also had star level TK so that could just mean not holding him in place.
  • Reacts to and maneuvers around a comet flying through space(Warlock #14) - This comet had a trail, which would mean it's near it's star. Comets near their stars can travel up to mach 130, but this is also written in the 70s by a dude who did drugs so take that with a grain of salt.

Final Form

• Says that along with his skill, his speed would allow him to beat a Thanos clone he believed was around 2 times stronger than Thanos(Infinity Abyss #5)

Energy

Base

• Blows up a small planet(Warlock by Jim Starlin TPB) - This feat takes a lot of explaining. Basically this was from an issue, Warlock #16, that was going to be published before the book was cancelled. Jim Starlin then left the art in a Cab so the issue never got printed somewhere else. This issue was also planned to be remade and published in Marvel Fanfare... but that book got cancelled as well. Currently the draft and unfinished art can be collected in the Warlock by Jim Starlin collection. The validity of this feat is really up in the air, but I would say it gives an indication of where Starlin viewed the character at this point and could be applied to Starlin's writing of Warlock later on intent wise at least.

Other Abilities

Base

• Uses Telekinesis on a Rocket(Marvel Team-Up #55)
  • Levitates a piece of the moon(Marvel Team-Up #55)
  • Resists a mind control helmet due to his strong will(Strange Tales #181)
  • Teleports in combat to dodge a hit and ambush(Warlock #13)
  • Has Ultra-Perception that allows him to detect what is real and what is not(Warlock #13)
  • Teleportation acts in a span of microseconds(Marvel Team-Up #55)
  • Transforms Thanos into stone(Marvel Two in One Annual #2) - Personally I don't think this feat is legitimate. There's just way too much weird stuff going on like Warlock coming out of the gem in a golden form, but I know some do so I thought I'd include it.

Rune

Late 90's

Final Form

• While comatose kicks Moondragon out of his head(Infinity Abyss #2)
  • Can sense the full return of the universe(Marvel Universe: The End #6) - There's a little contention about the canonicity of this series. The author of the series clearly intended it to be canon and it's an essential part to Thanos's character development/storyline around this time, however editors have later said it's not canon. The official marvel ruling is that something like this story happened, but not exactly the same. Take this how you will.
  • Teleports out from under a dog pile(Thanos #2)
  • Creates a simulation in someone's head to train them to be a good person(Warlock vol 4 #4) - I'm not entirely sure this is canon, I think it may be one of those stories that's technically canon, but not referenced again. Additionally the simulation featured a fully realized Earth.
  • When a war happened, he felt every individual of the billions who were killed(Annihilation: Conquest #1)
  • Put Thanos in a cocoon to heal(Thanos Imperative: Ignition)

Annihilation: Conquest

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Warlock was nearly driven mad from feeling every death in the Annihilation Wave. As a result, Warlock closed himself off in a cocoon and attempted to heal. He was awoken early by Phyla-Vell and Moondragon in order to fight Ultron and the Phalanx so his powers at first were not fully formed. This version represented a major shift for Warlock as he almost entirely left behind his former self for a new style and completely new set of power. Warlock left behind his emphasis on close quarters combat, for seemingly weaker physicals, but far more extensive energy based and magical powers.

One * indicates that Ultron had taken over Adam's body, which would make him bloodlusted.

Double ** indicates that during the feat Magus was pretending to be Adam. It's a little vague as to whether they would be doable under Warlock's power, but I'll still count them here, especially since almost all these feats take place while he was extremely weakened since he was drained by Vulcan.

Physicals

Strength

Durability

• While unconscious, resists assimilation from extremely concentrated Phalanx virus(Annihilation: Quasar #4). This easily took over beings such as Gamora and Drax and even insanely strong supercomputers such as World Mind with the nova force had to use most of their power blocking it.
  • Tanks hits from Phalanx Ultron despite the fact that his powers cause him to freak out(Annihilation: Conquest #3)
  • Basically ignores a bullrush from Nova Prime(Annihilation: Conquest #6)*
  • Takes hits from Technarch Warlock, who stated he couldn't beat him with force(Annihilation: Conquest #6)* - Technarch Warlock is pretty inconsistent, but he's fought with his dad briefly in the past whose planet-star level.
  • Tanks a hit from Drax(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #6)
  • While massively weakened shrugs off a blast from a Massively amped Vulcan(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #14)**

Speed

Energy

Versatility/Other

Senses/Information Gathering

Accolades

• Ultron transfers into Warlock because he thinks Warlock is a perfect fusion of artificial and organic(Annihilation: Conquest #5)
  • While amped, manipulates 15 million different spells to merge universes and stop a rift from expanding(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #17)** - This isn't a usable feat for normal Warlock since he was amped via the Universal Church of Truth, but it's still insane he managed to merge universes and speaks to the complexity of spells he can manage.

Miscellaneous Abilities

Infinity Revelation

No Caption Provided

Introduction

I say this is the Infinity Revelation version of Warlock, but really at this point in time there are two parallel versions of Warlock. There's the Warlock that's interacting with all the rest of the heroes and actually in the marvel universe and there's the version of Warlock that's Starlin writing what he wants to write. This is the version of Warlock that Starlin wants to write. What Annihilation Conquest did with energy manip, Starlin took to the next level. In this form Warlock almost entirely ditches his other abilities to become a complete beast with energy.

During this period, Warlock fights a group of his former incarnations. It's a little vague whether this is meant to be literal or metaphorical, but considering he gets a physical soul gem out of it, I'd assume the former.

Physicals

Strength

Durability

Energy

Modern

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Warlock has recently returned in a brand new form that seems to be a bit of a combination of the rest. He's got his staff, he's got his strength, and he's got his energy. This Warlock hasn't done too much yet, but he's already been quite impressive.

Phyiscals

Strength

Durability

• Tanks being blasted by Ultron with the Soul Gem and being punched by a not holding back surfer(Infinity Countdown #3)
  • Basically ignores a blast from Pymtron(Infinity Countdown #4)
  • Tanks being in the shockwave of a planet blowing up(Infinity Countdown #4) - It's a bit vague how impressive this feat actually is because this planet was destroyed by Galactus eating it and reverting from Lifebringer to normal, which could affect it. It also seemingly did serious damage to Adamantium Pymtron.

Speed

Energy

• Uses an AoE Blast(Infinity Countdown #2)
  • Breaks off Pymtron's adamantium hand(Infinity Countdown #4) - also makes his blasts extremely fast since it over took pymtron while he was moving at at least relativistic speeds away from Warlock.
  • Creates an explosion that's large in the sky of a planet from well into space(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 6 Annual) - he also channels his energy into a hit here. Warlock does say he could destroy the people on the planet though it's vague as to whether that's destroying the planet or just killing everyone on it.
  • Creates an energy shield around an entire planet(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 6 Annual)

Other

While that does constitute everything I have for Warlock, Warlock is not a character that can be fully evaluated by himself and that's because of his second half, the Magus.

The Magus

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Earlier I mentioned how Warlock is a problematic character. Warlock is not good, but Warlock is also not evil, rather Warlock is simply Warlock. The Magus however is everything wrong with Warlock, Warlock with all his problematic elements, his sadism, his controlling nature, his fear taken to the max and a complete corruption of Warlock's position of Avatar of Life. The Magus is so evil and so effective that Thanos, the Avatar of Death, is forced to intervene on the side of good almost every time he appears to stop him. Warlock simply would not be as interesting(or as powerful) without the Magus acting as a foil. Much like Warlock, The Magus has many forms so I'm going to break down all of them and then his more general things.

Future Magus

No Caption Provided

Introduction

This version of Magus is a future, corrupted version of Warlock, with the combined powers of Warlock's first standard form and the original Him form who was sent far into the past. With that time Magus started a religion dedicated to him and began to conquer the Universe. This version of Magus has all kinds of power and established him as the universe ending threat he would remain in comics.

*indicates no soul gem, but channeling the power of the universal church of truth. Channeling the power of the church was a retcon from the Annihilation Conquest days that did not exist in Starlin's run, but now seems to retroactively apply to that version of Magus, so take that how you will.

Physicals

Strength

• Easily shatters Warlock's soul gem shield(Warlock #9)
  • Seems to be a little stronger than Pre-Resurrection Thanos(Warlock #11) - The same writer had Thanos bust a planet as a side effect of his battle with Classic Drax in Iron Man #55
  • Puts Pre-Resurrection Thanos in a chokehold(Thanos vol 3 #5)*

Durability

• No-sells clashing with Pre-Resurrection Thanos(Warlock #11)
  • Tanks a blast from a pissed off Pre-Resurrection Thanos(Thanos vol 3 #5)*

Speed

Energy

• Matches Pre-Resurrection Thanos energy Manip, blowing a huge AoE up in space(Warlock #11)
  • Casually stuns Pre-Resurrection Thanos and blocks his energy attack with a shield(Thanos vol 3 #5)*
  • Creates a shield capable of easily containing Pre-Resurrection Thanos(Thanos vol 3 #6)*
  • Creates an energy knife(Thanos vol 3 #6)*

Versatility

• Easily messes with Warlock's Head(Strange Tales #178) - It's suggested that Magus had the power to kill Warlock here, but could not because he needs Warlock to become him.
  • States the fabric of space, time, mind, and soul are his to command(Strange Tales #178)
  • Detects Gamora through "Multi Actual camouflage in time" with his astral senses(Warlock #9)
  • Creates a portal to another dimension to use as a teleportation device(Warlock #10)
  • Ultra Perception Warlock gained from this version of the Magus allows Warlock to tell what is real and what is not(Warlock #13) - This would be perfectly applicable to Magus as it's Magus senses that Warlock gained after their fight.
  • TP's and TK's Pre-Resurrection Thanos from incredibly far away(Thanos vol 3 #2)*
  • Creates an illusion that he is lady death(Thanos vol 3 #6)*
  • Draws faith energy from across far distances(Thanos vol 3 #6) - This also shows that Magus is powered by faith energy - at least partially so if you destroy the believers, you can weaken the Magus.

Infinity War Magus

No Caption Provided

Introduction

When Adam Warlock took the Infinity Gauntlet, he wished to be as impartial and fair as possible. To meet that end he removed all good and evil from his body, the evil of which resulted in the creation of this form of Magus. Power wise this version of Magus is equal to(or arguably inferior) to the version of Warlock in Infinity Gauntlet in every single way. Additionally, this Magus does escape from Warlock's soul gem during Warlock's encounter with Syphonn and exists in a phantom form for some time before turning into a physical form. There's no indication this is a different form for Magus so I'll include it here. Peter David later brings back Magus again after the Annihilation Conquest version existed, however the version explicitly references Infinity War and seems to have this power set(though he impersonates Captain Marvel), so I'll also put that versions feats here.

Physicals

Strength

• Hurts Thanos's doppelganger(Equal to Thanos) with a grab(Infinity War #2) - There's a later comic suggesting both Thanos's may have been weaker, but that seems to be more spiritually weakened than physically weakened.
  • Beats the shit out of Kang(Infinity War #5)
  • Punches a hole through Moondragon(Captain Marvel vol 5 #24)
  • Stomps and easily KOs Captain Marvel, while disguised as her(Avengers Back to Basics #3) - I do want to note here though that Magus does later get beat up in the same story by a weakened Carol and Throg(after no-selling Thor) while he has a cosmic Cube.

Durability

• Shrugs off a blast from Kang(Infinity War #5)
  • Tanks being sent at least across the across the Solar System at seemingly MFTL speeds(Captain Marvel vol 4 #34) - it's arguable though that this isn't under normal circumstances as he just absorbed an insane amount of energy to restore himself to normal.

Speed

Energy

• Is able to absorb/manage being directly connected to the Heart of the Universe(Captain Marvel vol 4 #34) - The heart of the universe mentioned here is the source of Genis's power, which later allows him to achieve feats such as re-creating the multiverse by one-shotting Eternity's relative Entropy.
  • Energy cannot be absorbed by Captain Marvel(Avengers: Back to Basics #3)

Versatility

• Has at least some understanding of time and can look through time(Captain Marvel vol 4 #33)
  • Can absorb the life force/soul of people without the soul gem(Captain Marvel vol 4 #33). He was converting souls into physical energy and had also said he had learned about absorbing power and energy.
  • Absorbed the soul force of hundreds if not over a thousand Kree(Captain Marvel vol 4 #33)
  • Conjures an image of the skrull home planet(Captain Marvel vol 4 #34)
  • While weakened, affects Genis with his psychic blast(Captain Marvel vol 4 #34) - The next page Genis kicks Moondragon, a decent telepath, out of his head.
  • Makes a portal out of a mirror and almost pulls someone through it(Captain Marvel vol 5 #21)
  • Controls a phone, reaches out of it, and wraps it around Moondragon(Captain Marvel vol 5 #22)
  • Heals a giant hole he put in Moondragon(Captain Marvel vol 5 #24)
  • Takes control of Moondragon extremely casually(Captain Marvel vol 5 #24) - This is more (extremely)heavily implied than anything as unfortunately Peter David's Captain Marvel run got cut short after this, but I think it's abundantly clear what's going on.
  • Is able to make an illusion that Captain Marvel is a skrull and disguises himself as Captain Marvel(Avengers: Back to Basics #3)

Phantom Form

Annihilation: Conquest Magus

No Caption Provided

Introduction

When the Terrigen bomb ripped a 7 parsec wide hole in the fabric of Reality, Adam Warlock needed another piece of reality to fuse with it and there was only one other reality he knew of, the alternate future where he became the Magus. Merging the two realities had the unfortunate affect of turning Adam Warlock into the Magus, except that since he merged the timelines, he was the magus the entire time. Much like the Annihilation: Conquest version of Warlock, this version of Magus focuses much more on energy manipulation and magic than physicals, but has more than this Warlock and is far more bloodthirsty and effective with them(and arguably more powerful). While technically the Magus here was the one present the entire time, when he uses his abilities he turns purple so I'll include Warlock's feats separately and then have only the feats once he was purely the Magus here.

*indicates Magus was weakened at the time due to being recently born and not capable of accessing all his power.

Physicals

Strength

Durability/Healing

Speed

Energy Manipulation

• Knocks all of the Guardians on their asses(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19)*
  • Just flexing throws all of the Guardians back and breaks groots arms off with energy(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19)*
  • Knocks drax on his ass(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19)*
  • When Star-lord travels from the future to stop Magus, Magus detects a time blip(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #23)*
  • Blows up 18 planets including multiple Gas Giants(Thanos Imperative: Ignition) - This one requires some explanation. I used to think Magus was amped during this feat by all the people chanting. However, over time I've started to think he wasn't. Basically, Magus passively feeds on the power of the Universal Church of Truth, particularly as seen in Thanos vol 3. As a result, I think the chanting is just part of the ritual, but wouldn't give Magus any boost to his power that he wouldn't already receive.

Versatility/Other

Current Magus

No Caption Provided

Introduction

When I said we had seen very little of current Warlock, that goes double for the current version of Magus. He seems to potentially just be the same form as Annihilation: Conquest Magus as a child, but it's still unclear for now. However, unlike previous versions of Magus, he does not seem to be evil(which is paradoxical, but paradox with good and evil isn't new territory for Warlock) as he is being raised by Gamora to be a better person than any previous Magus.

Energy Manip

• Creates an energy shield that blocks hits from basically everyone in cosmic Marvel(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 6 #11) - Notable people that are part of this blast include Fire-Lord, Beta Ray Bill, Terrax, Quasar, and Ravenous.

Versatility

Universal Church of Truth

No Caption Provided

Introduction

The Universal Church of Truth is a church that worships the Magus. The church was established by The Magus when he went five thousand years into the past, and the church spans an entire empire. As a result the church is extremely powerful and is completely dedicated to the Magus. This gives Magus an army to direct in any effort and quite a few particular benefits.

There's two distinct versions of the church, the alternate future church that Warlock averted and the 616 Church. I'm keeping them together since it seems the alternate future church was retconned in Thanos vol 3 to be like the 616 church established in Guardians of the Galaxy. Generally though, Strange Tales and Warlock is the alternate future church and Guardians of the Galaxy and Annihilators Earthfall is the 616 church. The key distinction being that the 616 church introduced the idea of faith energy. There's also a far future version of the church which I'll keep in it's own section since it doesn't seem to have as direct a relationship with Warlock.

Faith Energy

Faith energy is the energy provided by believers to power the church's weaponry and their army. Magus himself can draw upon this energy as well.

• Explanation of how faith energy is energy from belief in life(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #1)
  • No one understands how the energy works outside of church elders(Annihilators: Earthfall #3)
  • A faith energy generator reacting with a fissure in space time would cause the destruction of a solar system(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #1)
  • Using millions of believers to power his spell, Warlock fuses two universes together(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #17) - This gives you an idea of how much energy these belief fonts are packing cause there really isn't that many ships here, only millions of believers.
  • The church has over a trillion faithful that it collects the prayer power of(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #3)
  • Magus directly manipulates a belief font to spread his consciousness across a significant portion of The United States(Annihilators: Earthfall #3) - the belief font was functioning fine after this as well.

Warriors of the Church

There's two main groups of Warriors within the church, the Black Knights, who are just standard warriors, and the Cardinals, who are powered by faith energy, on top of just general fodder the church has lying around.

Black Knights

• Black knights have received the best combat training in the galaxy and have special "x-powers" including "massive strength, highly developed senses, and electric reflexes"(Strange Tales #179) - This fight also shows Autolycus equipped with an electric whip, though it's not established if this is exclusive to Autolycus or all black knights.
  • In a fight the black knight Autolycus does well against Base Warlock, ultimately losing due to physicals and wielded a gun with the energy necessary to kill Base Warlock(Strange Tales #179) Warlock also says Autolycus "would not miss" giving credit to his aim. Unfortunately Autolycus seems to be much better than other Black Knights as later on Warlock treats them as fodder. For example in the next issue he beats four at once
  • The church has enough Black Knights that it can easily send out 25,000 in a fight(Warlock #10)
  • This number is so high that it's capable of taxing even Pre-Resurrection Thanos with Warlock and Gamora, forcing them to run(Warlock #10)

Cardinals

Matriarch

The Matriarch is the leader of the Church and in the 616 version she possessed powers based on faith as well, though a bit different from the Cardinals.

• Seems to completely blind and essentially take over Drax with her beauty and light and then makes him feel all the pain he ever inflicted at once(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #21)
  • Generally thrashes a guardians team of Phyla, Gamora, Vance Astro, Cosmo, and Mantis, including using a blast of "pure agony" and breaking a TK shield made by Mantis + Cosmo with her attacks(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #24). Typically I would write off being "blasted by pure agony" as just flowery language, but considering that she made drax feel all the pain he ever inflicted, I think it's possible it's legitimate. This fight also shows her glass canon status as she is taken out by Vance Astro's shield throw.

General Fodder

This is just for the random soldiers and zeloats the church seems to have around.

Technology

This is just a general overview of what the church has in technology and weapons.

Future Church

The future church is a version of the Universal Church of Truth teleported from the distance future in Cates's Guardians of the Galaxy run. They operate quite a bit differently from the normal church, but still seem to worship life and potentially the Magus, though that's somewhat unclear.

Statements/Accolades

• Stated to be the most powerful force in the galaxy(Strange Tales #178)
  • The church fleet has a perfect record(Strange Tales #178)
  • The timeline of Warlock taking over the universe as head of the Universal Church of truth is so strong it takes over almost all possible futures(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19) - It's vague however as to whether this is due to the power of the church or the Warlock graphing the timeline onto itself. Considering it's stopped by killing Magus though, I'm partially inclined to think it's due to the power of the church.

General

These attributes don't fit in with any specific version of Warlock, but rather apply to all of them, so I'm including them all here.

Skill

• Uses a Nu-Men's weapon as leverage to take him out(Warlock #2)
  • Gets behind a monster and executes a throw on him to take out another monster(Warlock #8)
  • Takes out a spaceship of "Well Trained Warriors" using primarily stealth(Strange Tales #179)
  • It's worth noting that Warlock has the memories of anyone in the soul gem(Strange Tales #180), this logically would include skill even though that hasn't been directly shown. But the soul gem has contained people like Gamora so if that's true that's pretty notable.
  • Massacres 4 henchman with precise strikes(Strange Tales #180)
  • Along with Thanos and Gamora fights 25,000 warriors in H2H combat(Warlock #10) - this also stands as a pretty incredible endurance feat
  • Soul World Drax can't break out of his choke hold(Silver Surfer vol 3 #47) - As I mentioned this was in soul world so strength of characters is based of strength of soul, but Drax seemed to be at least as strong as Warlock if not slightly stronger so still pretty impressive.
  • Uses a nerve strike against a cyborg(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #4) - He was also feeling not confident about his skills at this point in time, it's also worth noting that these cyborgs are arguably near Thor level since they stomped a dude whose only other appearance was doing decent against Thor, but that's not the most reliable scaling.
  • In an homage to the first feat, once again stealthily takes out a bunch of fodder on a ship, this time though the fodder are far superior robots(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #5)
  • Seems to out skill Wonder Man(Wonder Man vol 2 #14)
  • Outskills an amped, but bloodlusted Thor(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #23)
  • Humiliates Olik while stalling with his skill(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #24) - this is a really good feat to show how Warlock can use his skill against the many powerhouses who completely lack skill to dominate a fight.
  • Skilled enough to redirect 2 energy blasts into flying fighters(Quasar #38)
  • Outskills Doctor Doom(Infinity War #5)
  • Believes that his fighting skills would allow him to beat a Thanos clone stronger than the original(Infinity Abyss #5)
  • Stomps an elite squad of Rigellian Marines who amped themselves to be superior to Warlock with just skill(Thanos #2)
  • Beats Gamora in a skill fight extremely casually(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19) - he does have a ridiculous stats advantage though.
  • Casually outskills Ikon, a Space Knight(Thanos: The Infinity Revelation) - Ikon actually has a decent skill feat in Annihilators #1 where she takes down all the Annihilators by taking advantage of them holding back

Outside the Cosmic Norm/Realm of Chaos and Order

Being Outside the Cosmic Norm is an idea Starlin created about certain characters that the universe and abstracts decide destiny for 99.999% of people in the Universe, but that there's probably 5 or so beings in the universe whose decisions actually matter and one of them is Adam Warlock. This gives him some special properties and relation to certain hax related to destiny. Additionally, Thanos has this same connection of being outside the Astral norm so I will show some stuff of him too.

Low Showings

Warlock is a comic character, meaning that in reality he has absolutely no consistency. To not acknowledge that would somewhat undermine this as a full evaluation of Warlock, so I thought I'd include these here. This obviously isn't every low end, but it's a fair numberof them.

• One-Shot by a Rock thrown by half power Hercules(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #27)
  • Wrecked by half power Hercules(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #27) - Warlock does stand up after and seem to be fine
  • Koed by Syphonn, Annihilus, and Blastar(Warlock vol 2 #3) - This is Syphonn's only appearance so we don't know how powerful he is beyond more powerful than Annihilus and Blastaar.
  • Thanos one-shots Warlock(Thanos: The Infinity Conflict)
  • Pre-Resurrection Thanos knocks Warlock to the ground, taking him out of the fight(Avengers Annual #7) - Seems like there might be some death magic here with the skull, but it's not very clear.
  • Wrecked by Doom as both Warlock and Magus(Infinity War #5) - Starlin had an extremely high an opinion of Doom, had him take blasts from the IG and beat Strange. No context though.
  • Wrecked by Punishers(Thanos #4) - The punishers were affecting Thanos in this comic, but it's still not a great look.
  • Magus is one-shot killed by Pymtron(Infinity Countdown Prime) - This happens and then later in the story Warlock fights him pretty well so it's a bit odd. Additionally, seemingly the same version of Magus was explicitly immune to this kind of attack back in Guardians vol 2, so this is just peak inconsistency.
  • Destroyed by missiles that don't even blow up Pip(Thanos: The Infinity Conflict) - These were made by Thanos with Future omnipotent Thanos's help specifically to kill him
  • Hurt pretty badly by dead Mar-Vell(Warlock vol 2 #2) - We don't really know powerful dead Mar-Vell was but presumably he was as strong as or weaker than his past self which would make this an anti feat
  • One-Shot by Blastaar while having powers comparable to the living tribunal(Thanos: The Infinity Relativity) - This was an AU Warlock and didn't have the ability to Harness the LT's power
  • Drax capable of ripping his heart out(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19) - This version of Warlock was pretty weak physically, Drax slapped him around physically too.
  • Magus with the cosmic cube humiliated by weakened Carol and Throg(Avengers Back to Basics #4)

Could definitely be worse

Intelligence

Warlock is an extremely intelligent character, though in a different manner from characters like Reed Richards or Doctor Doom. Instead, Warlock(and Magus) is a strategic genius. He's multiple of the greatest operations in the Marvel Universe and has come out on top. Also with strategy, there's a ton more to each feat than can be presented in a handful of scans, so I'd highly recommend reading the issues or even the entire event with the "Infinities"

• Magus planned the conquering of over a thousand worlds with the Universal Church of Truth and for his battle against Warlock, which went exactly as he planned.(Warlock #9) - However, Magus had already experienced this battle as Warlock so he had some expectation of how to prepare and his plan was ultimately thwarted when Thanos became a factor he had not planned for.
  • Warlock led the crusade against Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet, organizing a vast number of heroes. Warlock even almost won against Thanos without the use of any Abstracts(Infinity Gauntlet 4)
  • Warlock also organized the abstracts against Thanos, and after some initial resistance from Galactus, all the Abstracts agree to follow Warlock(Infinity Gauntlet #3)
  • After Thanos loses the gauntlet to Nebula, Warlock's plan succeeds against her in a situation where Thanos described the chances as "one in a million"(Infinity Gauntlet #5/6) - Warlock also manipulates this scenario so that he grabs the gauntlet, so in a manner he did not just outsmart Nebula, but Thanos and all of the heroes he worked with as well.
  • Throughout Infinity War, Magus manipulated essentially every being in the Universe, including the likes of Galactus, Eternity, and Reed Richards, only missing Doom and Kang due to not considering their involvement, and Thanos and Warlock due to being outsmarted by them(Infinity War #1-5) - More than any other feat, this is one that can't be done justice from the scans, you truly have to read the event to get an idea just how much Magus was manipulating.
  • Thanos also marvels at the way Magus handles him in their initial encounter(Infinity War #1)
  • Despite how impressive Magus's intelligence is in Infinity War, Thanos and Warlock conceive a plan to use a fake Reality Gem in the Infinity Gauntlet, foiling Magus's plan(Infinity War #6)
  • Magus puts together a plan to trick the Guardians into thinking he died with essentially no time at all(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #23)

Fights

Lastly I wanted to cover fights, I'm not going to include every fight Warlock has, just fights against established characters that went on for a decent amount of time(at least a couple of pages). I'm not going to link the fights since many of them are up to an issue long, but instead I'll just cite the issue and you can check it out if you want, this is more of a reference than anything else.

• Thor #166: Thor vs Him Warlock
  • Warlock #4: Triax vs Golden Warrior Warlock
  • Thanos vol 3 #5 Pre-Resurrection Thanos vs Future Magus
  • Warlock #9: Future Magus vs Base Warlock
  • Warlock #10: 25,000 Black Knights vs Base Warlock, Thanos, and Gamora
  • Warlock #11: Pre-Resurrection Thanos vs Future Magus
  • Marvel Team-Up #55: Stranger vs Base Warlock
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #5: Triax in Star Tempered Armor vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Wonder Man #14: Wonder Man vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Quasar #38: Quasar vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Infinity War #5: Dr. Doom vs Infinity Gauntlet/Revival Warlock
  • Infinity War #5: Kang vs Infinity War Magus
  • Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection #4: Mephisto vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #23: Blood and Thunder Thor vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock and Silver Surfer
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #24: Olik vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #27: Half Power Hercules vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #32: Count Abyss vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Warlock and the Infinity Watch #41: Maxxam vs Revival/Infinity Gauntlet Warlock
  • Ultraverse Unlimited #1: Gemini vs Rune Warlock
  • Warlock #1: (Weakened)Classic Drax vs Late 90's Warlock
  • Warlock #2: Undead Mar-Vell vs Late 90's Warlock
  • Infinity Abyss #5: Stronger Thanos clone vs Final Form Warlock
  • Avengers Back to Basics #3: Captain Marvel vs Infinity War Magus
  • Avengers Back to Basics #4: Avengers vs Cosmic Cube Magus
  • Annihilation Conquest #3: Phalanx Ultron & Fodder vs Annihilation Conquest Warlock
  • Annihilation Conquest #6: Cosmic Team vs Annihilation Conquest Warlock(under control of Ultron)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #14: Vulcan vs Annihilation Conquest Warlock
  • Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #21: Guardians of the Galaxy vs Annihilation Conquest Magus
  • Infinity Countdown #3: Pymtron vs Modern Warlock

Lastly with Warlock, we have to cover his closest companion, greatest source of power and good, and worst influence...

The Soul Gem

No Caption Provided

Introduction

While not a form of Warlock's, the soul gem is inherently linked to Warlock and in some of his earlier versions, a large reason of why he can stand his own. Contrary to popular belief, the gem has many uses outside of just soul manip and is almost a sentient character in and of itself. The soul gem almost has a parasitic relationship to Warlock, but as a result, Warlock is also bonded to it and a far more effective user then anyone else.

Power

• Since there's some confusion about this, here's the soul gem destroying an object proving it has physical force(Strange Tales #180)
  • Easily overpowers Base Warlock(Warlock #9)
  • One-Shots a monster who "Physically outmatched" him(Warlock #13)
  • Sends an out of realm Mephisto to the ground surrendering with just one blast(Warlock Chronicles #3)
  • Sends out multiple blasts at once and shatters Darklore's shields(Warlock Chronicles #1)
  • Koes a distracted Quasar and is stated to be outside his Quantaum bands' power(Quasar #38)
  • Stated to be able to destroy our sun(Marvel Two In One Annual #2) - Now it's not Warlock using the gem, it's Thanos, but Warlock is the superior user of the Gem. Also it does say it could only blow out our sun due to limited energy, but this is before the gem was retconned into being an Infinity Gem so that would not be a problem anymore.
  • The soul gem heals a planet(Incredible Hulk #248)
  • Counter's magical Thanosi's incantations(Infinity Abyss #5)
  • The gem's power and unique Nature is enough to affect Omega, a being stronger than Galactus(Infinity Abyss #6) - This was a flawed clone of Galactus though and is less durable as he died to a Gas Giant exploding

Non Soul Abilities

• Pulls Quasar into the Psychic plane(Quasar #53)
  • Can scan minds of people with the gem, including languages(Strange Tales #179)
  • Carries the memories of those drawn into the gem(Strange Tales #180)
  • Creates an energy shield(Warlock #9)
  • Distorts reality(Warlock #9)
  • Creates Radiation summoning the In-Betweener(Warlock #9) - This was In Betweener's first appearance so his cosmic status had not been established yet.
  • Can track the use of powers and break from a link that almost killed Warlock(Warlock #13)
  • A beam moves faster than Warlock while he's travelling at a "Parsec consuming rate"(Warlock #13)
  • Redirects Surfer's Energy blast and modifies the energy(Silver Surfer/Warlock: Ressurection #1)
  • Allows Warlock to be insusceptible to technological mental control by Robots that controlled people like Black Bolt(Starblast #1)
  • Frees an Eternal from the control of a Parasite(Starblast #1)
  • Reveals to Warlock what the attacker is(WATIW #36)
  • Flashlight(Infinity Abyss #4)

Soul Manip

Limits

The soul gem is generally absurd with soul manipulation, but I think I should include some of the times it has failed.

• Failed to work against Valkyrie due to her not being an actual spirit and only part of Thor's mind(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #23)
  • Did not work against Blood and Thunder Thor(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #23). Warlock initially thinks this is due to Thor having a stronger spirit, but it was later explained by an editor it was due to the specific nature of B&T Thor, neither of which makes much sense to be honest.
  • Fails against beings like Galactus or Eternity who have a spirit beyond the gems power(Thanos #2)
  • Warlock has to be able to handle the absorption of the soul if he opts for a soul steal, this resulted in him being knocked out the first time he uses the gem(Strange Tales #179), something he has since overcome, but also him struggling to maintain dominance when he absorbed a clone of Thanos due to his extreme Nihilism(Infinity Abyss #6), but he ultimately overcomes his personality. It's implied however, he would not be able to handle absorbing Thanos himself though. I should say though this is almost more of a feat for Thanos considering that Warlock has kept Magus's extreme depravity in the gem before with little issue.

Warlock's Control/Relationship

• When Warlock is threatened, the Gem will act without Warlock needing to trigger it to protect him(Strange Tales #179)
  • Reaches out and protects Warlock while Time is frozen by the Time Gem(Rune/Silver Surfer #1)
  • Warlock is one of the few beings who had their own free will while wearing the time gem(Warlock Chronicles #1)
  • Gem seems to amp Warlock's physicals(Warlock vol 2 #3)
  • Syphonn trying to steal Warlock's soul with the Gem results in the gem stealing Syphonn's soul(Warlock vol 2 #4)
  • Can Augment the Gem with his personal energies(Starblast #1)
  • Pre-Programs a command in the Gem before giving it to someone else(Infinity Crusade #6)
  • The Gem goes back to Warlock from Thanos, who is probably the 2nd best Wielder of the gem(Infinity Crusade #6)
  • From inside the Soul Gem basically takes control of it while Nebula has the Gauntlet and causes Disharmony, forcing her to drop it(Infinity Gauntlet #1) - Warlock straight up defeated an Infinity Gauntlet wielder with some minor help from Surfer that's insane.
  • Kicks Surfer and Drax out of the Soul Gem while simply in it and Thanos was wielding it(Silver Surfer vol 3 #47)

Conclusion

Overall, I think Warlock has one of the most diverse and interesting powersets in comics. Every version of Warlock focuses on something a little different and as a result a composite becomes incredibly formidable. Every author has had their take on him and reshaped him in their own way, which obviously leads to a fair bit of inconsistency, but at least with Warlock each author has their own version of Warlock to work with, without having to rely on previous versions.

Even when Warlock doesn't have the raw power to win fights, I think he can still be extremely effective against more powerful opponents with his longevity and effective hax. Warlock's one real problem is a very fast opponent, but that's really true for all Marvel characters and Warlock is even seen as fairly fast in universe and the soul gem can attack without him.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Great work Kev! It's about time someone shone a spotlight on Adam's abilities around here and you did it as well as anyone could have.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nicely done!

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Excellent work. I usually wouldn't be supportive of link based RT's due to the heightened risk of having the links become dead on one end or the other, but it works here just fine with the rest of the format. Great research, the descriptions are solid as well and aren't really vague.

Cited feats is great tho, 2 many noobs don't do that ffs, terrible

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very well done! Very informative and accurate!

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good work here. Absolutely stellar

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takenstew22  Moderator

Holy crap, it's finally done!

I'll try to read through it all tomorrow.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Quite impressive

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg why are there so many Warlocks...

Good RT though.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: @underfire47: @takenstew22: @battle123axe: @geekryan: @blackspidey2099: Thanks!

Excellent work. I usually wouldn't be supportive of link based RT's due to the heightened risk of having the links become dead on one end or the other, but it works here just fine with the rest of the format. Great research, the descriptions are solid as well and aren't really vague.

Cited feats is great tho, 2 many noobs don't do that ffs, terrible

Yeah I thought with the amount of different sections/feats I would have, posting scans would get too cluttered. I think with the way my links are set they should last... hopefully.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cool

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great respect thread. It's a shame Adam is so frequently overlooked despite being an important character in Thanos' story.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow Nice!

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, the artwork in that Ultraverse crossover.

Why did they give Adam those girlish braids?

xmen5ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers