According to Robin’s Actor, Batman is a killer in Titans

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mike_Fowler

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/05/robin-actor-says-batman-is-a-killer-in-dcs-titans

“Batman is a killer and Robin wants to get away from that,” Thwaites said. “The idea is that he doesn't want to become a killer himself. And although these guys that he's fighting are bad and they deserve, you know, they deserve what he's dishing out, it seems, he believes that when you kill someone you crossed the line and you become almost as bad as them, so it’s pretty clear in the series that he was with Batman, Batman crossed the line and he was teaching me to do the same thing, and he’s trying to break away from that.”

Well, I, don’t really know what to think about that.

Thoughts?

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this sounds so bad

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally a Batman who does what is needed. Also, just putting this out there, this could end some of the controversy. They could say this is the flashpoint universe or one of them (Say although Barry ended Flashpoint his time booms only served to end the worst of the problems).

This way the actors and bad designers are more forgivable.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he's Keatons Robin? Lol

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Batman’s a criminal instead of a hero?

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lil_remains: Batman has always been portrayed as a criminal the police grudgingly tolerates, so what are you talking about?

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman fans might hate what I am saying but I don't think it's a big issue here.

Mainly because Batman isn't even appearing in the show (I think?)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he’s the Punisher then...

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

The one thing that Batman consistently doesn't do...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wat

Does he mean "killer" like DCEU Batman recklessly killing criminals, albeit not intentionally, or does he mean just straight up killing criminals?? Either way you'd think DC would want to veer away from that lol

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer

So Thomas Wayne on another Earth becomes Batman and kills. But Bruce Wayne on another Earth becomes Batman isn’t allowed to? Seeing some double standards here.

I guess Superman can’t become a warlord on different Earths and takeover...oh wait that’s ok and he has! Even though Superman is such a moral upstanding guy that everyone knows generally.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cinematic Batman has been a killer before (Keaton, Affleck), so this doesn't really bug me. Heck, even Nolan Batman has killed in 2 out of his 3 films.

Series still doesn't look very good imo

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Thwaites in 2020 promoting season 2 of Titans "Deathstroke is a pacifist and anti-gun advocate which brings him in to conflict with our murderous brats"

God I miss Chris Nolan. WB has allowed hacks like Snyder and Berlanti to butcher Batman long enough.

Reeves cant come soon enough.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: batman killed in the Nolan films. There isn't a single live action batman who hasn't killed besides Adam West.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heatforce

I had a feeling batman killed. Robin is already hardcore so it makes sense that batman was already "putting them to sleep." $100 says that once Jason becomes Red Hood, it's Dick that will turn him around. And if Batman becomes further involved, perhaps it is Jason's death that has him put a stop to either killing, collecting side kicks or both.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

@heatforce: Please dont grasp at straws. Nolan knew how to write a story and his Batman was anti gun and anti killing which was enforced numerous times.

Then you have guys like Affleck mowing down people and this Robin stabbing people in the balls. They cant justify their choices even if their lives depended on it. It all comes down to a desire to make everything edgy which has rightfully made DC/WB subject of scorn and parody.

Look at Netflix Daredevil, Jessica and Punisher. Thats how you do gritty shows.

What WB peddles is a pre teen obnoxious definition of gritty where they take the characters and turn them inside out to make themselves look like visionaires. Cant wait for Thawites to come out and say Batman killed in Miller's TDKR. Its the one story these guys always turn and they cant even bother to read it.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Heatforce

@entropy_aegis said:

@heatforce: Please dont grasp at straws. Nolan knew how to write a story and his Batman was anti gun and anti killing which was enforced numerous times.

Yes I forgot how all those Ninjas died in batman begins and that Harvey broke his own neck.

Then you have guys like Affleck mowing down people and this Robin stabbing people in the balls. They cant justify their choices even if their lives depended on it. It all comes down to a desire to make everything edgy which has rightfully made DC/WB subject of scorn and parody.

If you're going to justify Batman killing in Nolan, that's fine. But then I should address that batman only killed in self-defense in each deadly encounter in BvS.

Look at Netflix Daredevil, Jessica and Punisher. Thats how you do gritty shows.

I haven't seen Titans. Did you? Sounds like you're more interested in proper tone for live action interpretations, which is fine but no one ever said this will effect earth prime in the comics.

What WB peddles is a pre teen obnoxious definition of gritty where they take the characters and turn them inside out to make themselves look like visionaires. Cant wait for Thawites to come out and say Batman killed in Miller's TDKR. Its the one story these guys always turn and they cant even bother to read it.

Batman used a gun did he not? And the panel was left to reader interpretation was it not? Besides, we've just been through Dark Knight's metal. There are versions of batman that kills. If you want a batman that doesn't kill, you have Gotham. You also have the uber amount of animated shows and animated movies.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a nod to batfleck

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@heatforce: that panel in TDKRwas not left to “reader’s interpretation”. Bruce flat out says later (I believe when he’s fighting the mutanteader) that he hasn’t killed. That, and he’s not charged with anything like murder until the incident with the joker

Either way, I’m freaking tired of literally more than half of live action Batman flatout killing criminals. Seriously, there’s only been two that haven’t, is it really too much to ask for one that doesn’t?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: i doubt it. They probably just wanted to give Dick a reason to leave batman that would be believable for the general audience.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heatforce

@mike_fowler said:

@heatforce: that panel in TDKRwas not left to “reader’s interpretation”. Bruce flat out says later (I believe when he’s fighting the mutanteader) that he hasn’t killed. That, and he’s not charged with anything like murder until the incident with the joker

Here you go good sir: https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4803796.html

Edit: just realized you mentioned murder. when batman killed the thug that wasn't murder, that was self defense like when batman killed Harvey in the the dark knight.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Gotham batman is your man then. I guess I understand your frustration but at the same time I don't see it as a yuge deal when batman is safe in the comics. Thats the most important thing imo.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly I think they are going for the Batman from another universe which is a cool dynamic. An abusive Batman. Batman is kind of a creep using child soldiers to fight psychopaths...

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce:

Here’s the thing,

A) I’m talking about an actually established Batman, not a Bruce Wayne that’s still figuring himself out and won’t become Batman till the end of the series.

B) it wouldn’t be a huge deal if more than freaking 2 live action Batmen (from the movies) didn’t casually kill their enemies. When the last film to actually keep that aspect of him was also one of the worst comic book movies of all time (and released bout 20 years ago), it gets ridiculous. Who knows, maybe in the next 10 years we’ll get a movie Batman that doesn’t casually kill criminals, that seems to be the gap between each one that actually has that aspect

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce:

Here’s the thing,

A) I’m talking about an actually established Batman, not a Bruce Wayne that’s still figuring himself out and won’t become Batman till the end of the series.

B) it wouldn’t be a huge deal if more than freaking 2 live action Batmen (from the movies) didn’t casually kill their enemies. When the last film to actually keep that aspect of him was also one of the worst comic book movies of all time (and released bout 20 years ago), it gets ridiculous. Who knows, maybe in the next 10 years we’ll get a movie Batman that doesn’t casually kill criminals, that seems to be the gap between each one that actually has that aspect

Well there is Matt Reeve's movies but I believe they are prequels for batfleck. I imagine it goes from him not killing to eventually becoming the batman we met in bvs but as I stated to another user, batman only killed in self defense. Yes he had a higher count then Bale's batman but he didn't seek pleasure like Keaton's batman, he was the murdery batman (that actually gave us the batman animated series).

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think they are going for the Batman from another universe which is a cool dynamic. An abusive Batman. Batman is kind of a creep using child soldiers to fight psychopaths...

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lil_Remains

@germanx: No. He’s always been one of the police’s allies, revered by the members of the force. Never a criminal serial killer. Pick up a comic buckaroo.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an else world teen titans show,so who cares?Batman most probably will have small appearances.I still have high hopes for the show.Also for a long time I have seen lots of people complaining about batman not killing and how that makes him a villain,so at least this would make them happy.

What I don't get is what is live action dc's obsession with changing at least one defining characteristic,just one sometimes but they always make sure to change it for all the characters .

Thwaites in 2020 promoting season 2 of Titans "Deathstroke is a pacifist and anti-gun advocate which brings him in to conflict with our murderous brats"

lmfao,this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Lvenger

Another live action adaptation of Batman where he kills people instead of being staunchly against killing criminals as he is in the comics. How original.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx: No. He’s always been one of the police’s allies, revered by the members of the force. Never a criminal serial killer. Pick up a comic buckaroo.

Since when did I said he is a criminal serial killer? I am saying that logically he broke the laws and the police tolerated or condoned his acts for the sake of greater good. It does not change the fact that he is a criminal. The definition of a criminal: Someone who broke the laws. Pick up laws buckaroo.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand Batman used to kill when his character was first introduced, but that Batman no longer exist.

Over the decades it has been well established that Batman chooses to do his best not to voluntarily cross that line. It is in essence his character now.

I'm no fanboy. Every time I watch a Film or TV Series I choose to see it as a '"What If" story line. But at the same time I feel there's a thin line between a different adaptation of a character and an unrecognizable one. That's just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's not really surprising.