About the Mcu Loki Series

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now that was officially confirmed...

Disney+ is also assembling a live-action series centered around a fan-favorite character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Iger today confirmed that Marvel Studios is developing a series based on Loki, the god of mischief, to star Tom Hiddleston.

HAS TO HAVE SIF!!! And Amora.

I still don't know if this project is a good idea or not, i mean Asgard and the 9 realms need a blockbuster budget to demonstrate all their greatness, yet i will give it the benefit of the doubt, maybe it can have a good characterization and narrative, but its a Loki series, right?

Can you do that without Asgardians? Where are they in the current state of the Mcu? It can not be just Loki and Valkyrie/Tessa story, right? Loki solo stories of the comics all are heavy Asgard focused, from Journey Into Mystery to Loki Agent of Asgard, and currently i can see a story introducing Angela, but not Balder or any of the other Odin offspring, so you need Amora and specially SIF because there is no one else to embody the Asgardian values and costumes.

And if we will have more Asgardian stuff, the current Mcu is also screaming for a JMS adaptation where Asgard is rebuilt on Earth, (Norway hopefully) and guess what, in that JMS story there is a heavy SIF and Loki link...

Now that i wrote the above i notice that with SIF and Amora would make this series supporting cast very female centric but SIF &Amora never were the "political" characters the currently puts away some audiences, even Angela when written by K. Gillen (Angela Asgard's assassin) was a cool and good character, not sure how she is written now since i don't read marvel comics for some years..

So, (even the actress want's to do it), not having SIF in the Loki Series would be totally incomprehensible and another huge issue for me, since not having SIF in a Thor Ragnarok story already was a big issue, specially because there was no explication about where she was...

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kevd4wg

Angela would be dope, Amora would be cool as well, and there's another female Asgardian character that would be cool, but I just can't think of who it is...

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Loki will use an actual spell.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thor321 said:

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Asgaard
@kevd4wg said:

Angela would be dope, Amora would be cool as well, and there's another female Asgardian character that would be cool, but I just can't think of who it is...

Lorelei? (lol)

@lan_fan said:
@thor321 said:

Didn't he trapped ODIN on Earth with a powerful spell? (lol)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: doesn't count.

Give me those combat feats fam!!!!

:)

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yep that's who I was thinking of, I feel like someone fought her, but they probably weren't important

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

even Angela when written by K. Gillen (Angela Asgard's assassin) was a cool and good character, not sure how she is written now since i don't read marvel comics for some years..

Queen of Hel had some of that, but other then that she's pretty good like in the New Asgardians of the Galaxy

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I really hope they bring Sif back.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@asgaard: Is this supposed to take place before Ragnarok when Loki was king or where does this show fit in the MCU timeline ?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HA Ha Ha This show is going to suck. I can feel it.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Asgaard
@kevd4wg said:

@asgaard:

even Angela when written by K. Gillen (Angela Asgard's assassin) was a cool and good character, not sure how she is written now since i don't read marvel comics for some years..

Queen of Hel had some of that, but other then that she's pretty good like in the New Asgardians of the Galaxy

I know that there was a pretty bad panel in Queen of Hel, but if we go by the sales Asgard Assassin is Angela's take that comic book fans prefer...

@thor_parker82 said:

@asgaard: Is this supposed to take place before Ragnarok when Loki was king or where does this show fit in the MCU timeline ?

Here is another question that is my current answer, would audiences really care for a dead character and a time that besides Loki being King nothing really happened? A narrative that we will know where it leads?

sirBossalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sirBossalot

This thread is 100% made bogus by the fact we know absolutely NOTHING about this show. IW confirmed Thor was 1500 years old yet Loki and Thor were showed as kids together in Thor 1. My point is Marvel can do whatever they want in the time line. Within that time span. And we have no idea what happens to Loki after A4. Marvel could easily bring him back at the end of A4 and send him on a personal journey which his show could be based off of.

Marvel can go so many ways with this. Trying to force this show into any one mold this early is totally ridiculous. But then again this is CV.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is 100% made bogus by the fact we know absolutely NOTHING about this show. IW confirmed Thor was 1500 years old yet Loki and Thor were showed as kids together in Thor 1. My point is Marvel can do whatever they want in the time line. Within that time span. And we have no idea what happens to Loki after A4. Marvel could easily bring him back at the end of A4 and send him on a personal journey which his show could be based off of.

Marvel can go so many ways with this. Trying to force this show into any one mold this early is totally ridiculous. But then again this is CV.

Yeah its CV... Unfortunately the threads with really high standards and an incredible diversification of themes like for example...

The true potential of DC? and Marvel is all alone now: How does this effect the comic landscape?

Get locked... And you can NOT do anything else with your life than post in the threads that are ridiculous...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it will probably be about young Loki or something.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Odin do something cool, and for Friga/Loki to use actual magic

X

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@asgaard said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Here is another question that is my current answer, would audiences really care for a dead character and a time that besides Loki being King nothing really happened? A narrative that we will know where it leads?

So you think this takes place after Infinity War ? That would be awful and make Loki's death on Avengers another cheap gimmick, so much for Thanos' "no resurrections this time".

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think that because Disney is pouring a lot into this streaming service that the budget will be quite high for this allowing them to do more especially if it's not too many episodes means more money per episode. And they definitely need that budget to show Asgard and the nine realms properly.

And they definitely need to include some named Asgardians that we'd know Sif could slot in here easily, and Amora is a must too. I'm just not sure whether this is going to be a prequel or in the present time, right now I'm assuming it's a prequel

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

A $100 million budget across 6 - 8 episodes is enough, especially the way Disney are becoming, it will all be in house. Jaimie Alexander has kind of hinted at playing Sif on her Twitter, so we'll see. I certainly hope she returns.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

If that means less Loki in the movies, I'm all for it.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Stahlflamme

Angela really? The image character, whose existence in marvel is bound to a tenth realm of greedy nordic angels of death and who would presumably kinda throw hela being odins firstborn right back out the window and be yet another sibling Odin forgot to mention? That seems highly unlikely.

Also on the nine realm parts. Six out of nine have basically been presented as a wasteland of some kind. One is like forests and fields and one literally earth so the only really expensive one is asgard itself.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98:

I'm just not sure whether this is going to be a prequel or in the present time, right now I'm assuming it's a prequel

I don't think they could afford for example people like Idris Elba, and he probably would not want to come back to the franchise. And can you do something in Asgard without Heimdall, if he is not dead?

@thor_parker82:

So you think this takes place after Infinity War ? That would be awful and make Loki's death on Avengers another cheap gimmick, so much for Thanos' "no resurrections this time".

We basically don't know anything from Avengers 4, and Loki will always be Loki... God of Mischief... Its his core to be unpredictable...

A $100 million budget across 6 - 8 episodes is enough, especially the way Disney are becoming, it will all be in house. Jaimie Alexander has kind of hinted at playing Sif on her Twitter, so we'll see. I certainly hope she returns.

That is not really much money if they do this series with Thor franchise amazing core cast, i mean a prequel, if its a Ragnarok sequel i can see that being enough for some good Asgardian stuff...

Comprehensibly Jaimie wants to play the role again, but i am not sure what Feige wants, the lack of Sif was a big let down in Ragnarok and Feige never convinced me in this subject, actually this was the first time that i felt that he was distant from the fandom...

Angela really? The image character, whose existence in marvel is bound to a tenth realm of greedy nordic angels of death and who would presumably kinda throw hela being odins firstborn right back out the window and be yet another sibling Odin forgot to mention? That seems highly unlikely.

Also on the nine realm parts. Six out of nine have basically been presented as a wasteland of some kind. One is like forests and fields and one literally earth so the only really expensive one is asgard itself.

I never said Angela was a perfect fit for the current Mcu, but probably still better than Balder, can't she be Hela twin sister that their mother Amora (supposedly) killed at bird without Odin even know? Maybe only Valkyrie knows!?

Regarding the Budget like i already said in this post depends on the cast... If the main characters are just Tom, Jaimie and Tessa... OK...

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s gonna be a police procedural where Loki comes to Earth and teams up with the local police force to solve abnormal Asgardian crimes on our planet. Every episode he’ll tell the police he can’t be trusted, predictably betray them, turn good again, and get killed only to reveal he faked his death.

Also Ice-T will play a police sergeant

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Thorthunder98

@asgaard: True it just depends what the story is, they could have Loki be off Asgard and on in some of the other realms for the majority of it if they needed to. But I don't really know how they will explain him being alive unless Thor figures a way to save him using time travel in Avengers 4

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator

@asgaard:

When I look at what Game of Thrones accomplishes across 10 episodes with the same budget and a far larger cast that shoots a dozen different storylines on several continents, I just don't really feel worried about the budget of the show, I think that aspect will be fine. With Jaimie, if they did want to use her in a significant role, a key issue will be her series "Blindspot". I don't know what's going on with the show, but Disney/Marvel probably aren't going to warp the filming schedule to fit hers when they have their newly established and extremely popular female lead "Valkyrie".

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: True it just depends what the story is, they could have Loki be off Asgard and on in some of the other realms for the majority of it if they needed to. But I don't really know how they will explain him being alive unless Thor figures a way to save him using time travel in Avengers 4

I think that at some point there will be a flashback to how Valkyrie and some Asgardians escaped from that ship, and in that plot point i think there will be some unexpected revelations related to Loki and Heimdall...

@kevd4wg said:

@asgaard: What's wrong with Balder?

Nothing i love him... But its too late to introduce him in the Mcu, right?

@asgaard:

When I look at what Game of Thrones accomplishes across 10 episodes with the same budget and a far larger cast that shoots a dozen different storylines on several continents, I just don't really feel worried about the budget of the show, I think that aspect will be fine. With Jaimie, if they did want to use her in a significant role, a key issue will be her series "Blindspot". I don't know what's going on with the show, but Disney/Marvel probably aren't going to warp the filming schedule to fit hers when they have their newly established and extremely popular female lead "Valkyrie".

Regarding the budget i will concede since i am not well versed in the Tv medium...

About Blindspot this is probably the last season, and to be a NBC show it lasted a LOT more than i was expecting, because if i am not mistaken this was the channel that cancelled Constantine with just one season... Jaimie also must know what are her future objectives...

Not really sure if Valkyrie is extremely popular or even just popular... If that was the case this series should be with her in the main role, but Disney seems to believe that would not have the necessary impact to boost their streaming channel... Sure i like her but at least with the comics fan base, Sif seems to be more popular, in fact in Thor Dark World her role was bigger, but she suffered an injury during the shootings.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

I don't think so, they can have him with the Vanir or something

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@asgaard:

As son of Odin?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kevd4wg

@asgaard said:
@kevd4wg said:

@asgaard:

As son of Odin?

Something about him being in Asgard when young and one of Thor's closest friends and then Odin sends him to Vanir(to protect him from starting Ragnarok, given some peace excuse), however upon hearing about the destruction of Ragnarok he rejoins the Asgardians

Just an idea

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Loki a villian or naw?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Wait... Loki isn't dead?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogueshadow  Moderator

@asgaard: I hope so regarding Blindspot, I really don't know anything about it. With Valkyrie/Sif though, I don't know how interested in her character Feige is, it doesn't seem like he's really gone out of his way to use the character in any capacity thus far, despite a lot of fans really wanting to see her make a comeback. So I fear Valkyrie might become the defacto "Asgardian female lead" in all things Thor related.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Yes that may happen but even if all Marvel (including the comics editorial) feels very comfortable till Avengers 4, in the afterwards the rules will change and revert back to the time where they need the fans and readers liking their stories and characters, if not they will not succeed, its fiction... Nothing is too big to fail, just look at Star Wars...

So in my view it was better for Feige NOT produce the post Avengers 4 stuff with the current rules (everyone is obviously still on board)...

@kevd4wg:

I would find funny a plot where Loki needed to find ALL of Odin's offspring (known and unknown), Odin lived for so long, and everyone Loki found was a more rightful heir of Odin than him... (lol) Yet there was no other way to rebuilt Asgard...