A scary revelation about the state of Marvel's hero lineup

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I was writing a Fanfiction that involves Gorilla Grodd entering the Marvel Universe and looking into possible threats, when I just realized just how many heroes who tend to lead, are non factors

Of the six founding avengers we have two dead, two corrupted by their biggest bads and one off trying to be worthy of something

Of the X-Men, three of their regular leaders are dead

Reed Richards is off fixing time and space

Carol Danvers shot herself in the foot with Civil War 2. With how Hawkeye is being treated in Occupy over killing Bruce, I can't see her getting off any better

The leaders of teams who are still around include Doctor Strange, Magneto, Storm, Medusa, Sam Wilson, Luke Cage, Sunspot, and Janet Wasp.....and do any of them really have the ability to really unite the heroes of Marvel against a common threat?

Can any of them, in the aftermath of a Steve Rodgers is Hydra reveal, manage to rally everyone together?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

.........Maybe Spider-Man? ...Maybe?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did you see what they did to Cyclops? That was some morbid $hit.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 616 Universe is in trouble and is not shaping up into anything that inspires confidence as a reader. I think we may need a massive overhaul and firing of people like perlmutter, Bendis, Alonso, Quesada and Dan slott. Because current Marvel makes me sick to my stomach

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I know I'd follow Janet...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: The stories that have nothing to do with earth are still great, the Infinity trilogy and the current GOTG run is nice.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 616 Universe is in trouble and is not shaping up into anything that inspires confidence as a reader. I think we may need a massive overhaul and firing of people like perlmutter, Bendis, Alonso, Quesada and Dan slott. Because current Marvel makes me sick to my stomach

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@nerevarine_11 said:

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@black_wreath: yeah. I could get behind Storm or Janet. I'd follow Sam and Luke too but that's just me.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can rally up just fine. They are just handling disputes between each other and if a bigger threat comes, they will come together.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@teefurtree said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lawz said:
@lvenger said:
@teefurtree said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lawz said:
@lvenger said:
@teefurtree said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Absolutely! and I would add Brevoort to that list as well.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's comics people.

Shit will be back to normal in a year or so

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

It's comics people.

Shit will be back to normal in a year or so

Now I am saying "seconded"

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a new hero reveal? Marvels always been bad at writing stories though, they always somehow write themselves into a corner and then ignore it like nothing happened.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a new hero reveal? Marvels always been bad at writing stories though, they always somehow write themselves into a corner and then ignore it like nothing happened.

I take it you don't read Marvel much.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@revan2424: I read them but i don't read every title. and tbh i don't read them as religiously as i did a way back (around the dark avengers time)

I only read recommendations cuz shit aint free know what i mean?

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: I read them but i don't read every title. and tbh i don't read them as religiously as i did a way back (around the dark avengers time)

You obviously don't. You said they aren't good at writing stories? How did they get bigger than DC who was the largest CB company long before them.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

You obviously don't. You said they aren't good at writing stories? How did they get bigger than DC who was the largest CB company long before them.

because the movies are incredible and a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon? did you also forget that Marvel went broke before the movies got big and had to sell some heroes' rights to other companies?

why are you being so defensive ? if something is crap, its crap. No two ways about it.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

because the movies are incredible and a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon? did you also forget that Marvel went broke before the movies got big and had to sell some heroes' rights to other companies?

why are you being so defensive ? if something is crap, its crap. No two ways about it.

Marel eclipsed DC in the 90's before they had movies. You're just pulling shit out your ass.

And current Marvel is crap. But you said this shit: "Marvels always been bad at writing stories though"

Despite the fact that Marvel has some of the best storylines ever.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:
@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

Marel eclipsed DC in the 90's before they had movies. You're just pulling shit out your ass.

And current Marvel is crap. But you said this shit: "Marvels always been bad at writing stories though"

biggest lie ever told , DC dominated in terms of movies and stories and animation and marvel just had animation , lets not forget Marvel produced that Captain America and fantastic four movie

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Revan-

@darkonast said:
@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:
@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

biggest lie ever told , DC dominated in terms of movies and stories and animation and marvel just had animation , lets not forget Marvel produced that Captain America and fantastic four movie

No. You're just lying. Look up the market share. And Captain America and FF was never released flopped so they don't really count.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's one of the reasons why I haven't been following Marvel as closely.

Then again, I haven't been following DC all that closely either....

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast said:
@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:
@revan2424 said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

No. You're just lying. Look up the market share. And Captain America and FF was never released flopped so they don't really count.

so your forgetting the major blow to marvel in 1992 , chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1996 , the collapse of Heroes World distribution of 1997 b/c of marvel and selling the licenses of some of their biggest heroes to make money but yea they dominated 90s

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: They filed for chapter 11 because of a stupid shareholder. Not sales. And the licensing thing is unrelated.

Look at sales. Marvel dominated

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: They filed for chapter 11 because of a stupid shareholder. Not sales. And the licensing thing is unrelated.

what do sales matter if you lose money? who generated more money in the 90s ? DC , who dominated until MCU became relevant? DC , and ever since rebirth started , which company dominated ? DC , you completely ignored my statement , DC generated more money in in the 90s ,

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Ignore that guy, he´s clearly a DC fanboy and doesn´t know shit about Marvel, there is something called ressearch that he should try.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424 said:

what do sales matter if you lose money? who generated more money in the 90s ? DC , who dominated until MCU became relevant? DC , and ever since rebirth started , which company dominated ? DC , you completely ignored my statement , DC generated more money in in the 90s ,

Sales matter because that means people like your comics. The only reason DC generated more money was because of their movies. And Marvel is beating DC in sales right now. The rebirth sales bump is gone. Look it up. Look at the facts.

@revan2424: Ignore that guy, he´s clearly a DC and doesn´t know shit about Marvel, there is something called ressearch that he should try.

I know. I'm done talking to him.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Ignore that guy, he´s clearly a DC fanboy and doesn´t know shit about Marvel, there is something called ressearch that he should try.

I'm not a dc fanboy , I'm just realistic , dc dominated the 90s and early 2000s for a reason , you guys just ignoring all the wrong marvel did in the 90s , crippling the comic distribution industry

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

I'm not a dc fanboy , I'm just realistic , dc dominated the 90s and early 2000s for a reason , you guys just ignoring all the wrong marvel did in the 90s , crippling the comic distribution industry

Research first, talk second.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thor-Parker

@darkonast: SWEET CHRISTMAS !! Would you look at those images !!

(Note: Left side contains the numbers)

1991:

Share of Overall Units:

• Marvel: 57%
  • DC: 26%

Share of Overall Dollars:

• Marvel: 47%
  • DC: 26%

Winner: Marvel

================================================================

1992:

Share of Overall Units:

• Marvel: 53%
  • DC: 20%

Share of Overal Dollars:

• Marvel: 45%
  • DC: 19%

==================================================================

1993:

Share of Overall Units:

• Marvel: 38%
  • DC: 21%

Share of Overal Dollars:

• Marvel: 33%
  • DC: 19%

1994:

Share of Overall Units:

• Marvel: 36%
  • DC: 22%

Share of Overall Dollars:

• Marvel: 31%
  • DC: 20%

Sweet christmas indeed, next time do your research.