A Question about Martian Manhunter's strength.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL
No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Clark_EL

OK so I've seen this before and noticed Martian manhunter has four arms.

Does this mean he can be stronger by shape shifting or growing?

.My theory is since he is a shape shiftier the more appendages he grows the muscle mas is divided between them...Do you guys agree? Or does he just get stronger?

Also in a fist fight between martian Manhunter and Superman couldn't MM just grow more appendages and win?

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By serpent222

I don't know that much about MM, but according to Young Justice, Martian shape-shifting works on a molecular level. If this is the case, then if they shape shift into a species that is more powerful, that strength may carry over. Perhaps the multiple arms are actually the form of another species?

But he could just be very powerful and reinforcing it with more arms, I don't know. But any way you slice it, I don't think he is anywhere near the level of strength of superman.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

yes, J'onn can also absorb mass to supplement his strength. in fact in dc one million J'onn actually merges with Mars and restores life to it.. i still say MM could take Supes in a fight without growing extra arms.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@serpent222 said:

I don't know that much about MM, but according to Young Justice, Martian shape-shifting works on a molecular level. If this is the case, then if they shape shift into a species that is more powerful, that strength may carry over. Perhaps the multiple arms are actually the form of another species?

But he could just be very powerful and reinforcing it with more arms, I don't know. But any way you slice it, I don't think he is anywhere near the level of strength of superman.

i wouldnt put too much faith in YJ seeing as how its non-canon.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By serpent222

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It's completely canon, it's just on Earth-16. I'm just mentioning it because they still use a lot of ideas from main continuities, and I don't know where that tidbit falls.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@serpent222 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It's completely canon, it's just on Earth-16.

if the discussion is about mainstream MM then it isnt considered canon therefore irrelevant. if the discussion was about Earth-16 MM then it would be considered canon.

I'm just mentioning it because they still use a lot of ideas from main continuities, and I don't know where that tidbit falls.

understood.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Clark_EL said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: John can beat superman in a two arm fist fight? Is that what you are saying if so...I don't think so.

well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

@Clark_EL: The thing is if writers write him properly you should never bea ble to beat up MMH.

1. He has intangiblity you can punch him.

2. He has shape shifting ability and can make his body as loose as possible like Mr Fantastic does , essentially if you punch his jaw your hand will go one as his faces juts stretches backwards if you can grasp my meaning.

3. He has a very high level of telepathy. He has been able to enter the Spectre's mind, read the mind of omnipotent beings, able to telepathically keep the God Vishnu sleeping so he ouldn't wake up and ened the world.

4. As previous poster stated he can add mass from the materials in his surroundings to incrasde his durability, like the time he essentially turned into a Transformer.

5. He can control the molecules in his body, he make them as hard as diamond if he wants to

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm just going to post this and leave it at that. I think his quote speaks for itself.

No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clark_EL

@dondave: yeah...Martian Manhunter is cool, but I think a little too over powered.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

@Clark_EL: I get that but the same can be said for Apocalypse, Silver Surfer and Thor

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clark_EL

Thor's not

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers