A problem I have with the MCU in general

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is there no magic? Even characters rooted in magical/mythical backgrounds like Thor and Dr Strange are being changed into the 'advanced science' types of character.

It's a lot harder to round up some stories while trying to explain everything in pseudo future science, and way easier to say "it's magic"

And magic would make battles a lot more epic.

Although the DCEU tries to be 'darker'(please, lighten up,guys) than the MCU, it also(based on what I've seen of WW and SS)keeps magic as part of the character's background, which I like.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By General_Disarray

@larryashlynn: Like you say though it's not as if they don't have magic. If 'magic' suddenly appeared in our reality it would be studied as a science - if it's a thing that exists in the Universe then it must have an cause.

And Marvel has the light-hearted fun thing covered so why would you want DC to be the same? Wouldn't you prefer variety?

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who said Doctor strange won't be magic?

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larryashlynn: Like you say though it's not as if they don't have magic. If 'magic' suddenly appeared in our reality it would be studied as a science - if it's a thing that exists in the Universe then it must have an cause.

And Marvel has the light-hearted fun thing covered so why would you want DC to be the same? Wouldn't you prefer variety?

I like the darker tone DC has, but sometimes it gets so dark that I have to sit back and go :O

It's cool, though I'd like to see DC lighten up and Marvel get a bit more serious for a change(hopefully we'll see that in CW), just to do something different with the characters.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Feige

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Feige

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Zetsu-San

@larryashlynn: If magic existed it would be considered science by default. So I fail to see the difference.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“He can do a whole host of things, eventually,” Feige told the magazine. “He does cast spells, which in the comics have very sort of tongue-twisty fun names. We don’t want to shy away from that, because that’s what makes Doctor Strange Doctor Strange. He has a Cloak of Levitation that allows him to fly, but he doesn’t fly like Superman or like Thor. It’s almost got a consciousness of its own, this cloak, which, again, gives us a superhero with a red cape — which we’ve seen a few times — but allows us to do it in a wholly unique and wholly original way. He can create these mandalas of light that he can use as shields and he can use as sort of weapons. He can create portalas that will open before your eyes that he can step through and go to other places around the world. And frankly, even in this film, we’ll only touch upon what a lot of his powers are.”

This is all I've heard.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/643829-kevin-feige-on-the-doctor-strange-powers-in-the-movie#H2C6kYuCzzWJIvtQ.99

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“He can do a whole host of things, eventually,” Feige told the magazine. “He does cast spells, which in the comics have very sort of tongue-twisty fun names. We don’t want to shy away from that, because that’s what makes Doctor Strange Doctor Strange. He has a Cloak of Levitation that allows him to fly, but he doesn’t fly like Superman or like Thor. It’s almost got a consciousness of its own, this cloak, which, again, gives us a superhero with a red cape — which we’ve seen a few times — but allows us to do it in a wholly unique and wholly original way. He can create these mandalas of light that he can use as shields and he can use as sort of weapons. He can create portalas that will open before your eyes that he can step through and go to other places around the world. And frankly, even in this film, we’ll only touch upon what a lot of his powers are.”

This is all I've heard.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/643829-kevin-feige-on-the-doctor-strange-powers-in-the-

movie#H2C6kYuCzzWJIvtQ.99

Ooh, that's nice. I'd like to see what magic looks like in the MCU then :)