616 Thor's combat speeds relative to N52 Superman.

#1 Edited by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparantly he's supposed to be high end bullet timer but not more. Atleast that's what I read in the thread about his combat and reactions speeds and everyone was giving the same answer.

However, he still wins a lot of battles against N52 Superman. Do you think he can react to N52 Superman and if yes why and if not then why? I don't read comics but I do like to browse these threads.

BTW this is in combat. Superman is moving as fast as he does in combat. Its not a bullrush or anything.

Please, be civil.

#2 Posted by Emperorb777 (11646 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor couldn't react to him even in his dreams.

#3 Posted by ChildoftheAtom (943 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Marvel doesn't get half as ridiculous with the upper end speed feats unless you're a space traveler

#4 Edited by Lan_Fan (18547 posts) - - Show Bio

No, and this will get locked.

#5 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan:

Why would it get locked?

If it gets cancerous I'll tag a mod myself.

I just wanna know what's going on because I read in all the threads that Thor is much more powerful and would beat Superman easily so I assume Thor is very fast in combat in comics but then I read about Thor having substandard reaction time which is around bullet timing. I was initially planning on making it can 616 Thor react to DCEU Superman at top speeds but then realized that would 100 percent be considered bait.

It sounds like the comic side of battles is that same as live action, the Marvel party just ignores Thor's pathetic reaction and combat speeds and just grant him the win even if he doesn't have any feats to suggest he can beat Superman.

It seems like that right now, but I'm open to getting my mind changed if people justify Thor's wins.

#6 Posted by Lan_Fan (18547 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: No, "can X do this?" thread is banned. The reason is pretty ridiculous, they have this thread for people to post such questions, which is bullshit because you wouldn't know what you're clicking into.

They should make a thread called "BATTLE!!", and ban every battle thread, lol. It's pretty dumb.

#7 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll just hope we have some nice discussion before it gets locked.

And yeah I agree with you. Things posted on that thread won't get as many people to discuss things as a seperate thread. It's not very smart if you want a proper discussion.

#8 Posted by thebuckaronatr (2023 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark is even in Post Flashpoint still a lot faster than Thor.

#9 Posted by jashro44 (55194 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#10 Posted by Green_Tea (10716 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfffttt lol

#12 Posted by Alsimmons77 (2031 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by Kevd4wg (14243 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't react, but New52 is also not a fantastic fighter with his speed like PC Superman or Flash is. He has is, he uses it, but it's not like he statues characters, dodges all their hits, and uses skill at that high speed.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#14 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2968 posts) - - Show Bio

No he can't.

#15 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why are all Thor vs Superman threads filled with people saying Thor stomps?

Am I missing something?

How do you beat something you'll never even see?

#16 Edited by TakenStew22 (5815 posts) - - Show Bio
@richubs said:

Then why are all Thor vs Superman threads filled with people saying Thor stomps?

Am I missing something?

How do you beat something you'll never even see?

There are also people who say Superman stomps. You'll always find fanboys around here.

#17 Posted by StormShadow_X (17513 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#18 Edited by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22:

But the majority of people, like the massive majority says Thor all the time and whenever someone says Superman everyone acts like it's so obvious that it's a mismatch.

#19 Posted by Kevd4wg (14243 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

@takenstew22:

But the majority of people, like the massive nohori4y says Thor all the time and whenever someone says Superman everyone acts like it's so obvious that it's a mismatch.

What comicvine are you on? It's normally the opposite

#20 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg:

I'm talking about the comic threads I've seen, not the Live Action ones which have sadly started to think MCU Thor > DCEU Superman.

#21 Posted by MrTrey (925 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Every comic character has plot strength and plot speed so your question is pointless.

Fanboys can circlejerk how fast and strong they are until their dicks fall off, it doesn't change the fact both characters can beat the shit out of multiversal gods that exist beyond any notion of space-time/speed in one issue and get their shit stomped in by comic peak humans in another.

#22 Posted by Amcu (17483 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

@kevd4wg:

I'm talking about the comic threads I've seen, not the Live Action ones which have sadly started to think MCU Thor > DCEU Superman.

Really? I'm not a comic book debater but I've read a number of comic book threads and generally I think I've seen CV lean more towards Superman when he's matched against Thor due to speed. Same for DCEU Superman vs MCU Thor if you ignore trolls. Obviously you get people on both sides but there are quite a lot of people backing Superman.

#23 Edited by Eeef (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in the slightest.

#24 Posted by Kevd4wg (14243 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

@kevd4wg:

Comic threads are overwhelmingly pro Superman ignoring trolls

#25 Posted by baph (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is slower than an average human.

#26 Posted by Lan_Fan (18547 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:
@richubs said:

@kevd4wg:

Comic threads are overwhelmingly pro Superman ignoring trolls

Maybe he's referring to Rebirth Superman vs Thor threads?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Marvel doesn't get half as ridiculous with the upper end speed feats unless you're a space traveler

Thor is a space traveler though. He's just has snail paced combat speed lol

#28 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: @lan_fan:

Yeah I'm not sure about which specific Superman might have been used in the battles.

But from what I know basically every iteration of Superman in the comics is incredibly fast.

If I have to think of other things that are brought up in these threads then people bring up the feat of Superman shaking the phantom zone but it's dismissed as being an outlier. Which Superman shook the phantom zone?

#29 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16707 posts) - - Show Bio

No need for this discussion to be a thing once again, we've gone through this already for a long time.

#30 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/modern-thor-vs-new-52-superman-1631897/?page=2

There's threads like these where I think the majority agrees that Thor would win if he was worthy and could weild his hammer.

There are also people claiming that he can keep up with Superman because he regularly keeps up with people who have similar speeds. But then I read he isn't fast at all which I why I made this thread.

I'm just confused about 616 Thor's speeds.

#31 Posted by Richubs (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey:

Their emuat be a consistent level that fans have decided upon. I understand that's difficult to do with someone like the Flash but with Thor it should be possible.

#32 Edited by MetalJimmor (6823 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's speed is all over the place. One fight he can keep up with "I can cross the universe in a second" Silver Surfer and then the next he's being punked by Wolverine or Spider-Man.

That is why his speed is such a divisive subject. Him being slow is a plot point a fair few times over his history, but of course that is handwaved any time he fights another cosmic being.

So there are two factions on the Vine. One that treats him as peak human speed and one who views him as having massively faster than light reflexes and combat speed.

Then there is a third faction who thinks speed is irrelevant in a fight and that Thor will win anyway.

#33 Posted by Amcu (17483 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: That doesn't paint the picture you were portraying. Just glossing over the first couple pages there are a lot of people saying Thor wins in that thread and a lot of people saying Superman wins. And I'm pretty sure that's how it is in almost every decently long Thor vs Superman thread that uses standard versions. Infact the thread you noted isn't particularly long as far as Thor vs Superman threads go at only 4 pages. Now I personally have no intention of reading through dozens of pages worth of threads right now but just flashing to random pages on either of these threads below and you see plenty of people arguing for Superman over Thor. There's also quite a lot of the opposite of course but its certainly not anywhere near to the vast majority arguing for Thor.

Superman VS Thor

Battle of the Week: Superman vs Thor