52 or Batman Eternal: Which was DC Comics' better weekly title?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

52 or Batman Eternal: Which was DC Comics' better weekly title?

The former explores the post-Infinite Crisis DC Comics' heroes in a world where the Trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are gone for a year. It places a spotlight on the lesser known characters and gave them roles to be stronger and prominent characters while expanding the DC Comics Mythos even further than before.

The latter focuses on well... Batman related stuff. several famed writers such as Scott Snyder and Tim Seeley explore the Batman family, his villains and supporting cast in the rather young Post Flashpoint continuity

I personally prefer 52 for it's ambitiousness in exploring the DC Comics Mythos beyond it's big three and tying up plot threads from past storylines with satisfying endings (Ralph Dibny MVP).

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

52 slaughterstomps. 52 was top tier character building and post Infinite Crisis setup. Eternal was a waste of money that I didn't finish.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

52... I have recently started reading 52 and damn this is the first time in quite some time, I just couldn't get enough of a comic series. Been 2 days I am already half way through this series. Eternal started out pretty promising but it went downhill after few issues. Ralph Dibny died? damn... spoiler alert

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read either but would really like to read 52.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump