• 57 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Barry Allen no longer has his powers. He tackles the world at a regular pace like everyone else. However, Zoom is still on the loose and so are metahumans. The Flash needs to have a presence in Central City. A new super-powered being pops up, but what connection does he have to one of the members of STAR Labs?

Warning: Spoilers ahead for this episode.

The Flash is Back to Fighting Crime, Sort of

No Caption Provided

Without the Flash patrolling the streets, crime could get out of hand in the city. Luckily, the team at STAR Labs has a plan: holograms. They have some interesting tech set up that allows Barry to control a hologram on the streets, so criminals think The Flash is after them. While the Flash can't actually interact with them, he can stall criminals until the police show up.

The New Villain in Town is Another Doppleganger

No Caption Provided

Early on in the episode, Cisco has a vibe of his brother, Dante. Cisco meets up with Dante, and they're both confronted by a new metahuman, Rupture. It's quickly revealed that the man behind the mask is Dante from Earth-Two. Apparently, Zoom told Rupture that Cisco killed Reverb, his Earth-Two counterpart. It seems like their dopplegangers from the other world are a whole lot closer than they are. Rupture ends up being detained by the police and the Flash hologram.

Iris and Barry: Will They? Won't They?

No Caption Provided

Since the start of the series, Barry and Iris have never been on the same page with where they are at, relationship wise. They both have feelings for each other, but they have yet to really explore them. During a conversation between the two, Iris reveals to Barry that she wants to start exploring her future with Barry. The future where it's already been revealed that they are married.

Recreating the Particle Explosion Goes Horribly Wrong

No Caption Provided

A plan is created to give Barry back his powers. The STAR Labs team is going to recreate the explosion that gave Barry his powers in the first place. Harrison Wells and crew get everything set up and get the accelerator moving. Everything looks like it is going to plan, and it seems like the Speed Force lightning is going back to Barry. Then, Barry disintegrates. For all intents and purposes, Barry is dead, until next week.

Wally and Jesse Get Hit with Barry Mist

No Caption Provided

This sounds a lot grosser than it actually it is. After Barry disintegrates, a yellow mist floats down the halls of STAR Labs. During this time, Jesse Wells and Wally West are running down the hall and get hit by a yellow mist that originated from Barry. What could this mean?

In the comics, Wally West eventually becomes the Flash, and Jesse becomes Jesse Quick, so fans have been waiting for him to gain access to the Speed Force. Now that Flash doesn't exist because he's dead/disintegrated/gone for an episode, is it up to Wally and Jesse to stop Zoom?

Harrison mentions earlier in the episode that on Earth-Two there are a lot of metahumans running around and he assumes that because the Flash on Earth-One is out and about fighting crime, many of the super-powered beings on Barry's Earth are in hiding. Now that Flash is gone, will they come out of hiding? Probably, especially since Zoom went on television to tell everyone that the Flash doesn't have powers anymore.

This episode was a bit better than the last two. It was another villain of the week episode, but it was all building to a pretty surprising conclusion. Of course, when Iris had her talk with Barry, it seemed to foreshadow something awful coming. However, Barry's end was a surprise nonetheless.

Let us know what you thought of the episode.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

This episode was predictable as heck.

The Iris/Barry thing has been a huge tease the entire series and is just annoying, I preferred Barry and Patty since they seemed more compatible and honestly Iris just comes across as unnecessary outside of being a reporter

The Wally/Jess speed-mist was super predictable since the show might as well have put neon signs of Wally's head and calling her Jessie Quick twice.

Although a lot of metahumans keep getting killed off, it feels odd that we're going to have so few but they did mention they hidden meta so they always find a way to jam in more

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Only 3 things mattered in this episode.

1. Rupture was useless.

2. Zoom is as frighting as ever.

3. Wally and Jesse just got superspeed.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think Barry is in the Speedforce, and Wally and Jesse totally are speedsters now. If only Wally could find someway to combine his wanting to help people and his love of speed....

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this episode was thrilling.

hiimsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roaris87 said:

I think Barry is in the Speedforce, and Wally and Jesse totally are speedsters now. If only Wally could find someway to combine his wanting to help people and his love of speed....

That was such a predictable thing, too. I mean, I think I remember them saying that there was gonna be three speedsters this season back when it was starting. Now with Barry stuck wherever the hell he is (the preview for next episode didn't make it look like the speedforce?) hopefully Wally and Jesse actual use their powers.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm glad wally got his powers, same goes for jesse.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom vs the police

Oh, snap

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbr999 said:

Zoom vs the police

Oh, snap

heh

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder will we see something like this or this? Or both? xD

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
IanHarris3412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So ... #ConspiracyTheoryWarning. We remember how Eobard said that Eddie was his ancestor. Thanwe is able to access the speed force because the metagene is in his body. He inherited from his bloodline. Barry had a twin brother that "died" at childbirth ... through a series of screwups that child went to a couple with the last name "Thawne" and they named him Malcolm Thawne . I think his middle name was "Edward" and he decided to go through life as M. Edward Thawne (or "Eddie" for short). Eddie is/was Barry's non-identical twin. Malcolm Thawne become the villain known as "Cobalt Blue" and emits blue energy. The man in the iron mask is Eddie, Jay is his cousin on his father's side which is why he emits blue lightning (has nothing to do with the Velocity formula) ... as the Garrick bloodline passes along the metahuman gene. Oh yeah, Henry KNEW about the mixup at the hospital and kept it a secret. #yourewelcome lol

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dang, thought with all the Earth-2 stuff that was a picture of Starman

Cool costume though

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

If it wasn't for the last 10-13 minutes this episode would have been really boring.

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice episode. It seems like everyone skipped past when Henry told us who the man in the mask is. When Barry told him that Jay's last name was Garrick.....Henry paused and Barry asked why.....Henry said Garrick was his mother's maiden name. I.e the man in the mask is Henry Allen/Garrick.....just using his mother's maiden name.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

Iris needs to go away.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like that they've taken a part of Wally's character away. Wally is a compelling character because he recreated a part of the Flash experiment through his own ingenuity and not because he was randomly hit by speedforce.

It would be interesting to see Barry become part of the speedforce, but I dislike the idea of them recreating the particle explosion. I wanted Barry to be pushed to his limits while battling Zoom and then merging with the speedforce to defeat him.

Also, what is Zoom's goal? What is his purpose? He has what he wants and he can't steal more speed from Barry. He's just wasting his time terrorizing Earth 1 now.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbr999 said:

Zoom vs the police

Oh, snap

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: In what story does Wally recreate by himself the experiment? I always thought that he gained his powers because Barry put his lab exactly the way it was when he was hit by lightning to show Wally how he gained his powers and then a lightning bolt struck him down out of pure luck.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: In what story does Wally recreate by himself the experiment? I always thought that he gained his powers because Barry put his lab exactly the way it was when he was hit by lightning to show Wally how he gained his powers and then a lightning bolt struck him down out of pure luck.

I'm thinking along the lines of the Young Justice Wally West. Unless I am mistaken, Young Justice Wally was intentionally trying to recreate the experiment to gain speedforce powers. We've also heard Thawne on the TV show say that he experimented with speedforce and it wasn't naturally given to him. I think I just want Wally to be the intelligent version of a speedster rather than the emotional version that Barry has become.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero said:
@black_arrow said:

I'm thinking along the lines of the Young Justice Wally West. Unless I am mistaken, Young Justice Wally was intentionally trying to recreate the experiment to gain speedforce powers. We've also heard Thawne on the TV show say that he experimented with speedforce and it wasn't naturally given to him. I think I just want Wally to be the intelligent version of a speedster rather than the emotional version that Barry has become.

Ahh ok (you are right he did gave his powers to himself in that show). I don't think that would work on this show Eobard it's a super genius from a century into the future, so that's how it's explained how he was able to get the Speed force. If Wally was able to do that, it would make you wonder why more people aren't doing the experiment if it can be succesfully. I just think it would make him too smart.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So ... #ConspiracyTheoryWarning. We remember how Eobard said that Eddie was his ancestor. Thanwe is able to access the speed force because the metagene is in his body. He inherited from his bloodline. Barry had a twin brother that "died" at childbirth ... through a series of screwups that child went to a couple with the last name "Thawne" and they named him Malcolm Thawne . I think his middle name was "Edward" and he decided to go through life as M. Edward Thawne (or "Eddie" for short). Eddie is/was Barry's non-identical twin. Malcolm Thawne become the villain known as "Cobalt Blue" and emits blue energy. The man in the iron mask is Eddie, Jay is his cousin on his father's side which is why he emits blue lightning (has nothing to do with the Velocity formula) ... as the Garrick bloodline passes along the metahuman gene. Oh yeah, Henry KNEW about the mixup at the hospital and kept it a secret. #yourewelcome lol

I hope this is the case, next season's big bad needs to be Cobalt Blue. If it's another Reverse Flash however, I'll stop watching.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibe's brother is way more powerful in the comics. Sad that he got portrayed like this.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@lurkero said:

I don't like that they've taken a part of Wally's character away. Wally is a compelling character because he recreated a part of the Flash experiment through his own ingenuity and not because he was randomly hit by speedforce.

It would be interesting to see Barry become part of the speedforce, but I dislike the idea of them recreating the particle explosion. I wanted Barry to be pushed to his limits while battling Zoom and then merging with the speedforce to defeat him.

Also, what is Zoom's goal? What is his purpose? He has what he wants and he can't steal more speed from Barry. He's just wasting his time terrorizing Earth 1 now.

His goal is to take over Earth 1 like he did Earth 2...though, I don't know if he is actually taking over, he just seems to be telling everyone not to stop him, but doesn't actually rule over anything.

It's like me going into a place, punching someone and saying "I own this place now, and if you say otherwise, I'll come back and punch someone else!...so...yeah!!"

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's not that. I really hope it's what I and a few others have thought, that it's really Henry Allen from another universe. That perhaps they got the rights to the original Flash series and they did show the 90's tv show Flash during the end of season 1 when they showed other universes. Every character they showed in that clip, has been explored (Supergirl had her crossover and Jonah Hex was in Legends of Tomorrow) except the 90's Flash. It wouldn't be hard to believe they tie in continuities from past shows like they did with Constantine after it's cancellation.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

" Wally and Jesse Get Hit with Barry Mist"

• That would make an excellent click-bait article headline. It just needs a question mark at the end :p
  • I thought this was very good episode. Personally, I don't consider it a "villain of the week" when Zoom is in it as much as he was. And I'm always happy to see Cisco's character evolve, even it if was pretty cheesy.
@kingks said:

Nice episode. It seems like everyone skipped past when Henry told us who the man in the mask is. When Barry told him that Jay's last name was Garrick.....Henry paused and Barry asked why.....Henry said Garrick was his mother's maiden name. I.e the man in the mask is Henry Allen/Garrick.....just using his mother's maiden name.

• Yeah, I was surprised it wasn't in the article but it totally got my mind racing during the episode. Personally, I wasn't jumping to the conclusion that it was Henry Allen. Only because I don't see how he would relate to Zoom at all. But all the theories I can think of are too crazy to even right down so I have no idea. But I am looking forward to learning the answer.
  • I'm also thinking they may do the "Barry lives on inside Wally and Jesse" deal. They could do some crazy science thing to combine they're energy and put Barry back together. but then I'm worried they'd lose their power when Barry returns.

Regardless I'm excited about the upcoming episodes and that's the sign of a good show.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By dernman

Jesse getting super speed is fine because she'll just go back to Earth 2 and disappear from the show. Wally doesn't have that option so in my opinion is a mistake. Sure you can say he can go over to the other city but that is not good enough for me especially with that being nothing to characters that fast..

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Jesse getting super speed is fine because she'll just go back to Earth 2 and disappear from the show. Wally doesn't have that option so in my opinion is a mistake. Sure you can say he can go over to the other city but that is not good enough for me especially with that being nothing to characters that fast..

I kind of agree. I think Arrow and Flash both suffer from superhero over-saturation by now, and the very last thing Flash needs right now is another speedsters. I don't want the show to deal with more "Who's faster than who?" or otherwise degenerating into "What's his power level?" I also find Barry's grasp of the speed force to be extremely limited since he never discovers a skill on his own. He fumbles around until someone tells him a thing he can do, and then he does it instantly, and then almost never does it.

Wally as a speedster would be a nice addition when Barry's abilities reach the level of his comic book version, but even then I'd rather see him just be The Flash without having to rely on his sidekicks for literally everything.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

will they, wont they?

Of course they will. In a very long excruciating process.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Things

1. Zoom comes to earth-1 with plans to conquer. And what does he target... a City? Really?

2. Iris in those leather pants... Mmmm.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

2 Things

1. Zoom comes to earth-1 with plans to conquer. And what does he target... a City? Really?

2. Iris in those leather pants... Mmmm.

Well, the City Flash is in. The only one he feels has any chance of stopping him. So he targeted Flash more so than just Central City.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wally west gets his speed ,cool

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely getting Kid Flash and Jessie Quick out of this. And also I think the Man in the Iron mask is 90's Flash!!!! We saw him in the Speedforce on the way to Earth-2 along with Supergirl, and we got that crossover, PLUS when when Barry asked who the man was, he said you wouldn't believe me if I told you. So if it's 90's Flash with John Wesley Ship playing him, then it'd be like an older version of him from a different world, that looks exactly like his dad is the Flash.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show needs less speedsters

Reverse was great.

Zoom is somewhat ok

the rest are garbage, I wish Wally and Jesse died in the explosion

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can they just give his power back or are they gonna drag this out the rest of the season?!
Everytime someone supposedly dies or whatever on these shows they return the next episode.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Last EP stupidity really did turn me off

Avatar image for walt_knightfall
Walt_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also: Zoom is a walking nightmare factory.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By sora_thekey

@kingks said:

Hunter Zolomon had to get the Jay Garrick alias from someone.. I'm thinking that's Henry Allen, but in Earth-2 his name is actually Jay Garrick. This way we have a Flash (Jay) in Earth-2 that's older than Barry and wears the classic outfit. (Y'know, like in the comics.)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Why can't Wally stay and help Barry? It's not like there will be a shortage of crime or anything.

@khaji-da said:

Vibe's brother is way more powerful in the comics. Sad that he got portrayed like this.

Vibe is way more powerful in the comics. Most everyone is. It's to be expected that characters get nerfed when moving media, especially towards live-action.

@dedpool said:

Definitely getting Kid Flash and Jessie Quick out of this. And also I think the Man in the Iron mask is 90's Flash!!!! We saw him in the Speedforce on the way to Earth-2 along with Supergirl, and we got that crossover, PLUS when when Barry asked who the man was, he said you wouldn't believe me if I told you. So if it's 90's Flash with John Wesley Ship playing him, then it'd be like an older version of him from a different world, that looks exactly like his dad is the Flash.

I was just thinking it was Barry's brother.

@pelykan said:

Can they just give his power back or are they gonna drag this out the rest of the season?!

Everytime someone supposedly dies or whatever on these shows they return the next episode.

Well, we already know he's not dead. So give it an episode or so. There's only 3 left in the season.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Iris and Barry may get together, I don't see the point of continuing a will they/won't they relationship when you have other things to draw on for stories e.g. future grankids.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zoom had the line of the night. what he said at the end had me laughing.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw this last night. So many good character moments. My favorite though was Wells, Joe, and Henry debating about what Barry should do. I have a lot of love for this show, so much heart.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Damn, Iris in those pants had me going crazy! I thought I was the only one who thought that as something huge in the episode

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Zoom against the police. That scene got me screaming, "Daaaaaaamn!"

2. Iris was hot as shit with those pants in this episode. Lmao

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It would be really cool for them to stick to this twist and leave Barry dead for at least a season or so as Wally and Jesse slowly learn how to deal with their ability to tap into the speedforce and desperately try to stop Zoom.

lol, who am I kidding, Barry will be back next episode.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

God damn it. Wally's character is so annoying in this show. I'd hoped he'd be gone after this season. If they keep him around, Flash is going from my favorite CW show to my least favorite. Shame. We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure. Zoom is a total bad ass. Barry's Deathstroke.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By modernww2fare

@Pokeysteve: Except they actually invested time into developing Slade as a character before he became the main villain.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

God damn it. Wally's character is so annoying in this show. I'd hoped he'd be gone after this season. If they keep him around, Flash is going from my favorite CW show to my least favorite. Shame. We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure. Zoom is a total bad ass. Barry's Deathstroke.

Is he more annoying than Felicity though, that's the question. Also I really really loved this episode

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Zoom against the police. That scene got me screaming, "Daaaaaaamn!"

2. Iris was hot as shit with those pants in this episode. Lmao

Iris is poppin every week, but last ep I was about eat that booty

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just noticed that Flash made a 2pac reference the day that 2pac's mom died.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@Pokeysteve: Except they actually invested time into developing Slade as a character before he became the main villain.

The lack of back story works for Zoom. They weren't shooting for the creepy mysterious villain with Slade.

@Pokeysteve said:

Is he more annoying than Felicity though, that's the question. Also I really really loved this episode

I don't find Felicity annoying at all and never have. Their whole relationship drama is confusing and annoying though.