This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ThorofAsgard (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes lol.

#2 Edited by foxerdes (10337 posts) - - Show Bio

Such huge hype killed with.. ya know.

#3 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the same folks who hated Captain Marvel for no other reason than it starred a feminist.

#4 Edited by Kidolio (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it look bad?

Edit: Oh it’s cw, makes sense

#5 Posted by TheCapstrikes (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio: it’s very SJW driven. The CW shows are pretty cringe as it is minus Arrow, so that didn’t help none.

#6 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecapstrikes: First three seasons of Flash were excellent. I've also really enjoyed Black Lightning and LoT. I don't think these shows are "cringe". And Arrow has had plenty of terrible and lousy moments of it's own, so I don't think it's right to single that one out as the best.

#7 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, how many of you will be still talking about this trailer if those two lines weren't there? If you think CW cares about the backlash, you haven't been paying attention.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#8 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7695 posts) - - Show Bio

Cringey ass male bashing dialogue

They literally replaced the cliche white male savior lead a woman savior lame as hell

Captain Marvel never had any of that or to that extent

Nothing like a superhero woman with male bashing and multi-racial homosexuality

Lame.

They made WW who was played by an Israeli an awesome movie why cant they do it with shows this wont last 1 season

#9 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

Cringey ass male bashing dialogue

They literally replaced the cliche white male savior lead a woman savior lame as hell

Captain Marvel never had any of that or to that extent

Lame.

You take issue with multi-racial homosexuality?

#10 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24:

Have you ever read a Batwoman comics?

#11 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7695 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: not really it just that it seems they tried to make everything sjw as possible

#12 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: I don't think I really equate having diversity with "being SJW". Diversity is not a bad thing. What matters is whether or not the stories and character work are good.

#13 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7695 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: it looked pretty bad via the trailer and Ruby Rose is just cringey as hell she really isnt a good actress

And this isnt comparable to cap marvel that movie was good and only saw backlash because of Brie Larsson not because the movie this looks cringey and just plain bad

#14 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: What about it looks bad though? I don't think it showcased anything that suggests it will be terrible.

#15 Edited by KillBilly (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Literally 90% of her dialogue was man bashing. While that might not be representative of most of her dialogue in the show, it does indicate they're moving in a worrying direction.

#16 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7695 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Jgames (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it just look bad. I am not the type of person to be offended by female characters being snarky or even give a crap about politics in general in my movie. I do not use the word sjw unironically or think the left is trying to kill all white male, as I am more of a left guy myself. I do really like Batwoman in the comic, but god damn that trailer look awful and awful song choice. Looks like the typical bad CW shows for teenage female audience. Which if that what it is, then whatever, is not a show for me. If its trying to appeal to people who like the other CW superhero shows, is not doing a great job.

#18 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

165k now.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn’t compare this to “people bringing it down like Captain Marvel.” Captain Marvel, while a mediocre movie, never really pushed an agenda too hard other than to shoe horn in Captain Marvel.

My problems with the trailer so far don’t stem from the tearing down men part so much as it just being disrespectful to Batman.

“Female Bruce Wayne” “awesome, hilarious, handsome”. The hell? Not smart? Not skilled? Not iron willed? Not respected? Powerful? The dude who stands next to Superman as an equal is relegated to “awesome, hilarious, and handsome”

“The suit is perfection.” “Once it fits a woman”, so Batman’s suit made for him to be as efficient and protected as possible while still being stealthy, agile, and fast as possible that he spent all his money and intelligence into designing, isn’t perfect because it isn’t on her?

“Kids think she’s Batman.” She says “I’m not about to let a man take credit for a woman’s work” yet she breaks into her cousin’s house, steals his shit, gimmick, cave and life’s work?

The trailer deserves the the hate it’s getting for not only agenda pushing, but the fact it’s completely contradictory and hypocritical to Batman’s legacy and pushing an agenda off that while chopping his down to bolster hers.

Wonder Woman, Mera, Widow, Nebula, Gamora, Valkyrie, Danvers (regardless of what you say, the sjw wasn’t great in it), Peggy Carter, Okoye, Shuri, Wanda, hell even Karen Paige, Jessica Jones and Claire don’t succumb to that shit. All these characters have managed at times to show some sort of skill, poise, intelligence, badassery, as their own character and own shadow without having to fall into a cliche or put one gender down or over the other. They stand as equals. This trailer really shoved the agenda in your face while also doing at the expense of one of comic’s greatest characters of all time.

#20 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Jessica Jones had couple of moments as well from what I remember.

#21 Edited by MrTrey (600 posts) - - Show Bio

It's dumb and cringey, it's also overhated because fans are sexist, nothing new here.

#22 Posted by Kidolio (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I just watched it.......... daaaammmmmnnnn they’re not even trying to be subtle, like at all. I usually always give things like this a benefit of the doubt but holy crap they’re so blatant about their message. Sheesh

#23 Posted by jashro44 (53880 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

“Female Bruce Wayne” “awesome, hilarious, handsome”. The hell? Not smart? Not skilled? Not iron willed? Not respected? Powerful? The dude who stands next to Superman as an equal is relegated to “awesome, hilarious, and handsome”

It look like she is talking to her dad who probably doesn't know Bruce Wayne is batman. Plus we don't know when that scene takes place. She might not know who batman is.

“The suit is perfection.” “Once it fits a woman”, so Batman’s suit made for him to be as efficient and protected as possible while still being stealthy, agile, and fast as possible that he spent all his money and intelligence into designing, isn’t perfect because it isn’t on her?

Well we learned in the last CW crossover that batman is missing for some reason and the trailer does mention batman is gone. She needs a suit and resources to be a hero. She can't use a suit that doesn't fit her.

#24 Posted by jashro44 (53880 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think the trailer was that bad honestly. I am a little surprised it got so many dislikes but I can see why people are hating it.

#25 Posted by TonyMartial (9893 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I didn't think the trailer was that bad honestly. I am a little surprised it got so many dislikes but I can see why people are hating it.

#26 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4043 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just surprised this many people care about a cw show

#27 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

167k now

#28 Posted by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It doesn’t matter at the moment, though. Point is, they’re describing Bruce as a generic sounding tinder date. Even as Bruce Wayne, he’s still intelligent to run a company. Why not something like empowering? Intelligent just in general? Philanthropist? Charismatic? Not hilarious, awesome and handsome.

Also, her needing resources and such isn’t the point. Point is it is the comments they are making. The suit itself maybe perfect for him, but it’s the unnecessary line of it isn’t yet until it fits her. It’s no different than her saying “she won’t let a man take credit for a woman’s work” when she is the one using his everything. It shows no respect to the original character and pushes an agenda while shoving another sex down.

#29 Edited by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Like? I’m sure there are some, but the show itself wasn’t ever an agenda pusher or putting someone down to further another group.

#31 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

No Caption Provided

This is pretty bad as well. Agreed with rest though.

#32 Posted by Andromeda101 (575 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally watched it.

The cringiness and goofiness were almost insufferable.

#33 Posted by Worldofthunder (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just surprised this many people care about a cw show

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Eh, as far as I remember in that scene, Trish was pissed and I think there is a difference in putting something like that in, because it’s a reactionary type thing people can actually say vs casually just shoving something down people’s throats, which was never JJ’s intention. So you can argue a bye on that one.

#35 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28773 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...

#36 Posted by ThorofAsgard (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I mean, as a man, she’s not lying lol

#37 Posted by KillBilly (2368 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm, how did the dislike go from 167k to 164k?

#39 Posted by jashro44 (53880 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

It doesn’t matter at the moment, though. Point is, they’re describing Bruce as a generic sounding tinder date. Even as Bruce Wayne, he’s still intelligent to run a company. Why not something like empowering? Intelligent just in general? Philanthropist? Charismatic? Not hilarious, awesome and handsome.

I don't see whats wrong with "hilarious, awesome and handsome." It doesn't exclude the fact that Bruce can be the things you said. Awesome could literally mean anything as well. Like maybe Bruce is just generally awesome at everything. Plus we don't know the context of the conversation. Kate is called a female Bruce Wayne and responds with "hilarious, awesome and handsome". I don't see whats disrespectful about that.

Also, her needing resources and such isn’t the point. Point is it is the comments they are making. The suit itself maybe perfect for him, but it’s the unnecessary line of it isn’t yet until it fits her. It’s no different than her saying “she won’t let a man take credit for a woman’s work” when she is the one using his everything. It shows no respect to the original character and pushes an agenda while shoving another sex down.

I just don't view any of that as a big deal. We know nothing about her relationship with Bruce Wayne in this universe. Her saying that it wont be perfect until it fits a woman is just a sarcastic way of saying she needs the suit to be redesigned to fit her. That's all it is. Its not meant to be a shot at batman or say anything about Bruce as a hero or even a person. Her comment about not letting a man take credit for a womans work is pandering so I'm not crazy about it but I feel people are exaggerating. The trailer makes it look like she went out and stopped some criminals and people confused her with batman, and she didn't like that. She just wanted them to know she was a woman.

Honestly I just hope the CW keeps batman off the show. I don't want them to do to batman what they did to superman. And I hope they have a good reason for why batman is gone like he is dead, or lost in time, or something. But I don't think anything in the trailer was disrespectful to batman. If anything I think Luke Fox is the one who kind of got shafted since the CW seems to be turning him into another CW Mr.Terrific....I don't know why the CW keeps turning masculine black super heroes into felicity arch types. Like things don't have to be like the comics but this is the second time they've done this....I didn't even realize that was Luke Fox until it was pointed out to me.

But I don't think there being disrespectful to batman. At least not yet....

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
#40 Posted by JimJaspers20675 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Cue the Captain marvel was worser than this comments lmao, this is awful. CW should just give up they're shit.

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (43269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It’s just super generic for a guy supposedly of status. That’s my problem.

And I didn’t get any hint of sarcasm about the suit will be perfect when it fits her. 90% of the trailer was basically pandering and things I found hypocritical. I get your point, but I don’t view it that way. The direction this show is pointing at isn’t a good one.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#42 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (6006 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought it was fine. People reading way too much into this as expected.

#43 Posted by KillBilly (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Don't really see how literally quoting lines from the trailer is "reading into it" but ok.

#44 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6006 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Don't really see how literally quoting lines from the trailer is "reading into it" but ok.

It's a bit much, that's all. I don't have the time on my hands to dig and linguistically analyse nearly every quote, you do you lol

#45 Edited by KillBilly (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: Doesn't really take a genius to figure out this exchange is meant to be about the empowerment of women at the expense of men:

Black Alfred talking about the bat suit: The suit is literal perfection.

Batgirl smirks

Batgirl: It will be. When it fits a woman.

Song "I'm a Woman" begins to play

But then again I guess nobody ever accused you of being one.

#46 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6006 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: I just thought that was funny, lol

If you want to see it otherwise, go for it

#47 Edited by KillBilly (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: It's not seeing it as anything. She's literally shown to believe the suit would be better if it were for a woman rather then a man. I don't know how you can be this delusional.

#48 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6006 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: It's not seeing it as anything. She's literally shown to believe the suit would be better if it were for a woman rather then a man.

It's a funny moment, lol

you seem to be taking a joke a bit 2 seriously