• 90 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

In the season two finale of The Flash, Barry has to race against Zoom to see who is the fastest. In addition, the man in the mask is finally revealed. Who will live and who will die in this crazy, shocking finale?

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

No Caption Provided

Wally and Barry

After Zoom abducted Henry last week, Barry sped off, revealing to Wally that he's The Flash. Wally approaches Barry and thanks him for everything he's done. He has a lot of respect for Barry, which comes in handy. When Harrison and company put Barry away in their metahuman jail because he's too emotional to take on Zoom, Wally frees him because he knows Barry will do what's right. There's a great rapport building between these two characters.

The Final Battle for All the Earths

Zoom reveals to everyone that Earth-1 is an axis point to all the other Earths in the multiverse. He's created a machine that will allow him to access them all. He needs the speed of The Flash to get it running. The Flash chases Zoom down and in order to help save Joe, who is being held captive, Flash creates a time remnant in order to be at two places at once. One Flash saves Joe and the other finds a way to stop the machine from running, which means sacrificing himself.

Flash and Zoom have a fist fight, with Flash coming out on top, but Flash just can't kill Zoom. However, he doesn't have to because the Wraiths from the Speed Force come and take Zoom away.

The Man in the Iron Mask

The season-long mystery is finally revealed! On Earth-2, while talking with a captive Joe West, Zoom explains he went found a speedster on another Earth but couldn't steal his power. That metahuman was kept as a trophy: the man in the iron mask. Zoom reveals that it's Jay Garrick. After Zoom is defeated, Cisco and Harrison unmask Jay and reveal that he's actual a doppelganger of Henry Allen. Barry is shocked, but Jay doesn't realize the connection and is thankful for the STAR Labs team for helping him out.

No Caption Provided

Flash Goes Back to a Point in Time

Those familiar with DC Comics will recognize what's coming down the line as in the final moments of this episode, a grief-stricken Barry decides to run so fast he goes back in time. He travels back to the moment where his mother was killed by the Reverse Flash. Barry runs in and beats Reverse Flash down before he can murder his mom. After he does this, Flash from a year prior, who also went back in time but chose not to save his mom, sees this happening from behind a door and disappears. Flash has saved his mother but at what cost?

No Caption Provided

The season finale wraps everything up in a nice little package, all while unraveling everything for the third season. In the comics, Barry went back in time to save his mother, which created the story "Flashpoint,"which screwed everything in the DC Universe up. That's not necessarily going to happen here in the same, exact way, but seeing one of the other Flash's disappear like Marty McFly's brother in that photo does say that everything has changed. What does this mean for the next season?

The second season was a bit of a roller coaster of quality. It had an extremely strong start, suffered from tedious, redundant story telling in the middle, and ended with a small bang but gave viewers enough to latch their teeth into for another season. Twenty-three episodes were far too many for this season, considering the story the creators were telling. The main Zoom story was great but felt overshadowed far too many times by the "villain of the week" formula.

The overall episode wasn't bad. It gave viewers almost everything they wanted. It was satisfying and paced out incredibly well. There were some mildly silly moments in the episode, mainly the idea Zoom wants to race Barry to see who is the fastest. Even with the explanation why Zoom wanted that to happen, it felt a tad odd. One thing that people may miss in the upcoming season, if everything continues down the path, pre-Flash saving his mother, is the dynamic between Cisco and Wells. There was an "Odd Couple" feel to this duo, and their back-and-forth dialogues were one of the highlights of each episode.

Who knows where the third season will take us? Barry going back in time to save his mother will most likely have gigantic ramifications on the world, but will that last the entire season? The team dynamic that was built up this past season was wonderful, so here's to hoping the next season will get back to that sooner rather than later.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You forgot Zoom becoming the Black Flash.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow, just wow, I didn´t expect for Barry to do that, I can´t wait for Season 3.

I just have a question, what happened to the Barry that was fighting Reverse Flash in the original timeline ?? You know, the one Barry from a year back saw and told him not to save his mother, where is he ?? There should have been 3 Flash there.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just have a question, what happened to the Barry that was fighting Reverse Flash in the original timeline ?? You know, the one Barry from a year back saw and told him not to save his mother, where is he ?? There should have been 3 Flash there.

That moment happened before Future Flash took young Barry (our current one arrived after that), when he opens the door and sees our current Flash that happened after Reverse Flash was going to stab Nora.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry beating both Zoom and RF in one episode, nice!!!!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

That moment happened before Future Flash took young Barry (our current one arrived after that), when he opens the door and sees our current Flash that happened after Reverse Flash was going to stab Nora.

Lol what ?? So Barry (Future Flash, 2025) was outside of the house because he took young Barry (kid) outside ?? What do you think Barry (Future Flash, 2025) will think about Barry (current) saving his mom since he (Future Flash, 2025) told Young Barry (from a year ago) not to save her ??

Lol, I know, it´s confusing as hell, I hope you understand my post.

This is exactly why I don´t like time travel stories if not done well, for starters, why would Barry (Future Flash, 2025) would tell Barry (from a year ago) not to save his mother ?? Didn´t he (Future Flash, 2025) chased Eobard back in time for the very same reason ?? To prevent Eobard from killing his mom ??

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Lol what ?? So Barry (Future Flash, 2025) was outside of the house because he took young Barry (kid) outside ?? What do you think Barry (Future Flash, 2025) will think about Barry (current) saving his mom since he (Future Flash, 2025) told Young Barry (from a year ago) not to save her ??

This is exactly why I don´t like time travel stories if not done well, for starters, why would Barry (Future Flash, 2025) would tell Barry (from a year ago) not to save his mother ?? Didn´t he (Future Flash, 2025) chased Eobard back in time for the very same reason ?? To prevent Eobard from killing his mom ??

Eobard went to the past to kill young Barry not Nora, but Future Flash prevented that in his rage Eobard killed Barry's mom. I think that Future Flash would be sort of pissed because I think that he told Barry not to save his mother because he might screw up time more. I think that Future Barry did that because he knew that things turn out pretty well if he is still the Flash even though his mother died so he wanted to stop chaging time more.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, my least favorite Comic arc ever coming to life. Season 3 is gonna be a struggle for me.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I was on board until they set up Flashpoint Paradox. Aside of from that it was good and seemed like they were correcting a lot of the issues with the show.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I am exited to see The Real E-1 Harrison Wells, now that Barry beat Eobard, Wells won't die.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@black_arrow said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Eobard went to the past to kill young Barry not Nora, but Future Flash prevented that in his rage Eobard killed Barry's mom. I think that Future Flash would be sort of pissed because I think that he told Barry not to save his mother because he might screw up time more. I think that Future Barry did that because he knew that things turn out pretty well if he is still the Flash even though his mother died so he wanted to stop chaging time more.

Oh, that´s right, Eobard wanted to kill kid Barry, I forgot that.

So Barry (Future Flash,2025) is supposed to be outside with Barry (kid) the moment Barry (current) saves his mom ??

What the hell ? Do you realize there are four Barry Allen in that moment ?? Barry (kid), Barry (from a year ago), Barry (current) and Barry (Future Flash, 2025).

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Azrael_Online

Easy to follow episode. Before Barry raced Zoom he made a second Flash. Halfway through the race Barry gave his other half a nod that he was splitting and left to save Joe while the second Barry was used as a sacrifice to absorb all of the energy which in turn killed him and he became a part of the speed force. So this was the second time we see a Barry burn up into the speed force. Meanwhile Zoom burned up and the speed force police (I forgot what they're called) came and took him away.

When Barry told Iris there was something and somewhere he had to go I was expecting him to go after his father. I'm really curious to see what they do to season 3 now that there's this Flashpoint paradox that they've created.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

So Barry (Future Flash,2025) is supposed to be outside with Barry (kid) the moment Barry (current) saves his mom ??

What the hell ? Do you realize there are four Barry Allen in that moment ?? Barry (kid), Barry (from a year ago), Barry (current) and Barry (Future Flash, 2025).

Yeah and probably in Season 3, Barry will stop current Barry from saving his mom so there will be like 5 Flashs.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@black_arrow said:

Yeah and probably in Season 3, Barry will stop current Barry from saving his mom so there will be like 5 Flashs.

No Caption Provided

MarcusAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarcusAllen

I'm curious as to how this will impact Arrow, and Legends. And supergirl.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I think that by the end of the show there will be infinite Flashs stopping each other from saving their mother (JK).

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great finale! This show continues to deliver.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just an idea of whats gonna happen.. Laurel will not die, JSA will form, Supergirl will be part of the Flarrowverse, Superman is dead killed by doomsday.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Arrow

@vinomonster said:

Just an idea of whats gonna happen.. Laurel will not die, JSA will form, Supergirl will be part of the Flarrowverse, Superman is dead killed by doomsday.

That would be cool, but this event probably won't be a part from the other shows.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MetalJimmor

This is also what I want to know. Technically the Legends are outside the timeline anyway, but Arrow? No excuse to keep it the same.

It will be really awkward for people who only watch Arrow if, next season, the city becomes a shambled dystopian Hellscape with a one armed Green Arrow all of a sudden. This change happened on Flash, not Arrow. Their fans would likely HATE that their show's plot can't advance because of what Flash did on another show.

But at the same time if their show IS NOT effected it would just be awkward and spoil the admittedly obvious ending to Flash season 3. Flash lets his mom die and everything goes back to normal.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

Barry best RF so easy. That ending! Can't wait for next season!

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Let's see, because there will be a 4 episode crossover from the 4 shows on CW.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Finale. Seeing Barry bring down Zoom and RF in the same episode was awesome, and the fight scenes were amazing. I actually think Barry's decision was somewhat justified by the writing, which was my biggest worry in a flashpoint-esque storyline. I'm so hyped for next season and how this effects the Flarrowverse as a whole.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this trend continues, there will be enough Flashes to have a barbecue while the others are saving his mom.

I dislike time travel stories and Flash isn't making me like them. Barry did nothing right in season 2 and yet he was still able to defeat Zoom. It is maddening that Flash was such a wimpy hero.

At least the Flashpoint paradox excuse would give CW an excuse to reset Arrow and Flash and perhaps integrate Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. Not that the writers for any of those shows excite me.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So season 1 and 2 have been undone?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcusallen said:

This is also what I want to know. Technically the Legends are outside the timeline anyway, but Arrow? No excuse to keep it the same.

It will be really awkward for people who only watch Arrow if, next season, the city becomes a shambled dystopian Hellscape with a one armed Green Arrow all of a sudden. This change happened on Flash, not Arrow. Their fans would likely HATE that their show's plot can't advance because of what Flash did on another show.

But at the same time if their show IS NOT effected it would just be awkward and spoil the admittedly obvious ending to Flash season 3. Flash lets his mom die and everything goes back to normal.

I mean they've had crossovers a few times now and no one complained about that. If they were to take the first 5 minutes of the season opener to explain what happened on Flash and what caused the change then they could do a really amazing alternate reality story that takes them up to the announced huge December crossover that fixes everything. They could have the characters retain their memories after things get fixed or hell if we're lucky then maybe over the off season they'll announce that Marc Guggenheim is leaving Arrow and we'll get a new showrunner.

*fingers crossed*

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, there is a rumor the start of the next season, so I guess its about bringing supergirl on the Flash earth and hopefully fixing arrow a little by erasing Felicity from the timestream and bringing Laurel back with metahuman abilities and better fighting capabilities. Guess the Legends being able to exist outside of time will be the one to see the initially created dystopia and try to fix this.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom explains he went found a speedster on another Earth but couldn't steal his power. That metahuman was kept as a trophy: the man in the iron mask. Zoom reveals that it's Jay Garrick.

That means that Zoom is not from Earth-2 at all, just like other people from this Earth...
He is from Earth-3.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry is such a moron. Good episode, but jesus christ.

How many times is he going to risk the lives of who knows how many people just for his feels?

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good episode but the way Barry defeated Zoom and Reverse Flash felt lazy. I mean, Zoom had absorbed his speed previously and should be much faster than him. Same with Reverse Flash who had the tachyon device. He can't just straight up beat them like that. Felt like some PIS was involved.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Barry much faster since he got back? Because unless that's the case Zoom should've stomped him, even pre-speed absorption.

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 speedsters that was faster than Barry was taken out with outside help. Then he goes back and simply pummels reverse flash effortlessly. C'mon haha

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Barry much faster since he got back? Because unless that's the case Zoom should've stomped him, even pre-speed absorption.

Kind of has to be for him to even contend with Zoom let alone beat him. He also easily beat Thawne. So yea, he has to be much faster.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great that's what The Flash needed more time travel...

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bats16 said:
@buildhare said:

Kind of has to be for him to even contend with Zoom let alone beat him. He also easily beat Thawne. So yea, he has to be much faster.

Well he did surprise Thawne and really he should've surpassed him by now anyway. But yeah on the Zoom thing, hopefully they expand on his speed rather then leaving it has major PIS.

jsawyerjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcusallen: Me too! Because what Barry just did SHOULD effect all of those shows... And explain how Supergirl gets to this earth. Fun stuff!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IndomitableRegal
@vinomonster said:

This is close to what I was thinking (minus the Superman part). Also, I think this is how they'll introduce Jesse Quick and Kid Flash, and Henry Allen might be brought back to life........I still refuse to watch Supergirl. I think this whole Flashpoint thing is gonna be a mess, but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

@buildhare said:

I was thinking the same thing. It makes sense that he could beat RF the way he did, but at what point did he jump from significantly slower than Zoom to being able to beat him straight up? I'm just gonna assume being in the speed force amped him.

EDIT: Is Zoom the Black Racer now?!

D9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ya know Barry, it's ok to make a mistake. But if you keep making the same mistake over and over again maybe you're just an idiot!

As much as I'm interested to see the fallout from Barry's decision at the end i hate that they used time travel to solve a problem again! They've officially overused time travel one too many times for me.

I didn't mind anything else, though the race stuff didn't make much sense. I mean was there any way Barry could have actually won this "race" without attacking Zoom? Why call this a race? I also wonder why Zoom didn't just use a time remnant to get extra power for the machine.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't really know how I felt about this episode lol. It had it's moments. The whole season overall was definitely weaker than season 1 though.

Bats16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bats16

@d9000 said:

Ya know Barry, it's ok to make a mistake. But if you keep making the same mistake over and over again maybe you're just an idiot!

As much as I'm interested to see the fallout from Barry's decision at the end i hate that they used time travel to solve a problem again! They've officially overused time travel one too many times for me.

I didn't mind anything else, though the race stuff didn't make much sense. I mean was there any way Barry could have actually won this "race" without attacking Zoom? Why call this a race? I also wonder why Zoom didn't just use a time remnant to get extra power for the machine.

Probably because he's obsessed with proving he's the fastest and racing against Barry and beating him while also destroying the multiverse kills two birds with one stone. Like you said, there's no reason he couldn't just use a time remnant to activate the device.

Avatar image for constantine1610
constantine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Jay Garrick in Legends of Tomorrow Season 2! Who's with me?!

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Deathstroke52

Barry is a literal dick.

He left without consulting anyone or asking for their opinions other than some cryptic message to Iris who is too blinded by love to know that logic and past experiences show that the timeline, when f**ked with, will always f**k you back.

He decided to change the whole timeline in less than 5 minutes on rash, stupid decision. Plus, everything seemed to be going so well for him.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt the man in the iron mask was a little anticlimactic, I wanted it to be the 1990 TV show Flash. I laughed when Barry saved his mother. He's not necessarily caused a Flashpoint-like event, he's just restored the timeline to what it was before Professor Zoom decided to go back and kill Nora Allen. Essentially, the Barry we've followed for these two seasons isn't from the original timeline. The original timeline Barry is the one that evacuates kid Barry whilst Eobard kills his mum. So we're going to follow the proper timeline in Season 3.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My theory: we will see Barry next season make a bunch of mistakes and start to unravel (kind of like the comic blue flash)

The time remnant that "died" just like Barry "died" in infinite crisis, will be in the speed force for season three out running zoom who is now black flash (yeah the red added to his costume for no reason was obvious).

The "dead" time remnant Barry who sacrificed himself will emerge back to find his "clone" screwed everything up.

Heroic sacrificial dead Barry will save the day as black flash will probably claim selfish screw-everyone Barry.

In this we might get the new 52 version of Wally getting his powers.

As an added note, why was Barry 2025 barely a match for reverse flash, whereas current flash has seemingly surpassed reverse flash in speed and skill and has effortlessly beat him 2x now...

Also if Barry changing the past causes season 1 Barry to vanish, why didn't Eddie Thawn killing himself cause reverse flash to vanish. Technically the whole "future" 2025 universe doesn't exist and never will in our shows reality.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@deathstroke52: I agree, but I find that to also be an interesting commentary on giving a random person God-like powers.

As good as a person is, it only takes one moment of weakness (something we all have) for them to abuse their power and screw over reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64 said:

My theory: we will see Barry next season make a bunch of mistakes and start to unravel (kind of like the comic blue flash)

The time remnant that "died" just like Barry "died" in infinite crisis, will be in the speed force for season three out running zoom who is now black flash (yeah the red added to his costume for no reason was obvious).

The "dead" time remnant Barry who sacrificed himself will emerge back to find his "clone" screwed everything up.

Heroic sacrificial dead Barry will save the day as black flash will probably claim selfish screw-everyone Barry.

In this we might get the new 52 version of Wally getting his powers.

As an added note, why was Barry 2025 barely a match for reverse flash, whereas current flash has seemingly surpassed reverse flash in speed and skill and has effortlessly beat him 2x now...

Also if Barry changing the past causes season 1 Barry to vanish, why didn't Eddie Thawn killing himself cause reverse flash to vanish. Technically the whole "future" 2025 universe doesn't exist and never will in our shows reality.

I think it's because Barry got his speed much earlier in our timeline thanks to Thawne's machinations

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I am glad they found a way to make Barry's Dad (who played the Flash in the original Flash show), the Flash from Earth-3 :)

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok,that thing with the time remnants was tottally stupid but Jay Garrick being Henry Allen's doppelganger from Earth 3 was smart!

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After this episode Rip Hunter had a heart attack.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Jay shows up as the Flash here and there, old 90s Flash doing stuff would be cool.