DKR

what are yours?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wanna watch/read the Civil War comic movie book too...

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man-It was pretty good, but I wouldn't call it great.

Captain America: Civil War-Again, pretty good, but I wouldn't say great.

Blade (any of them)-maybe if I were an adult in the 90s I'd appreciate them, but I just don't get the hype

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins

Dark Knight Rises

Aquaman

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 krisbishop  Moderator

SPIDER-MAN 2

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

GOTG

Avengers

Black Panther

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nyhybrid89

Nolan trilogy

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X: first class

Batman Begins

WW

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Aquaman

X men first class

Spider man 2

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther

Thor Ragnarok

Civil War

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Doom159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lord_Doom159

BP, WW, GOTG

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor Ragnarok
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Deadpool
darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone who says the Nolan Trilogy watches a "Comic book fan" and not a fan film (a problem with a lot of fans of CBM)

but

1.Black Panther

2. Civil War

3. all 3 iron man films

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

BP

CW

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you say The Dark Knight you don't know anything about filmmaking, acting or directing, it is objectively a great movie.

Anyway, I would go with Civil War, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man 3. CW really only had good action scenes, WS was really good but I don't agree when people say it is the best MCU movie, and I think IM3 was very mediocre and many people seem to really like it

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dirtytree332
  • Deadpool
  • Infinity War
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Would've replaced Guardians with Black Panther, but that seems to be rated a lot more fairly nowadays.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

Ragnarok because it's a misplaced and inferior GotG ripoff.

Infinity War because it could've been a lot better.

The Dark Knight Returns because many parts felt too off for its rating.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

Ragnarok, Man of Steel and the Ant Man franchise

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By phisigmatau

@jayc1324 said:

If you say The Dark Knight you don't know anything about filmmaking, acting or directing, it is objectively a great movie.

Anyway, I would go with Civil War, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man 3. CW really only had good action scenes, WS was really good but I don't agree when people say it is the best MCU movie, and I think IM3 was very mediocre and many people seem to really like it

well said. If you dont like TDK its one thing, but to say it isnt a good movie? youre just not being objective.

and how could i forget GOTG!
agree on SP2

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a CMB?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I feel like is that, The problem isn't much about overrated CBMs as much as it's about the sheer number of formulaic and generic CBMs that are released every year. The good ones are so few and so far in between that the handful of them tend to be mentioned and praised very frequently and they end up seeming like overrated.

Take CA:TWS for example. It's a very well structured and a relatively good movie by current CBM standards but it gets mentioned as one of the best recent CBMs so many times that people tend to see it as overrated now. Marvel Studios in the span of 10 years and 20 movies hasn't made even 5 truly excellent movies. Most of its 20 odd movies are the same old CBM cliches and tropes. Let's not even get started on the DCEU here. Only 1 among the 6 movies it has released has been generally well received universally (excluding personal preferences). The best CBM list hasn't changed much since the last 20 years. The same movies still occupy the same spot. TDK, Logan, Xmen:DoFP/First Class etc.

That being said, there still are some overrated movies which are rated highly by many people despite not having even a glimmer of brilliance. CA:Civil War is one such movie. It doesn't have anything very noteworthy except RDJ's acting and yet people for some reason rate it very highly. Black Panther is being called overrated worldwide and I'm pretty sure, 10 years down the line, if won't even be in the race. Thor Ragnarok doesn't deserve the critical ratings it got too. It's funny at times and is well structured (unlike most DCEU movies) and that's it.

For me, the top 3 most overrated ones will definitely be-

1) Black Panther

2) CA:Civil War

3) Thor: Ragnarok

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man. It was ok and cool but not that great. Just my humble opinion.

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: cmb means comic book. And op said comic book movie.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I was going to mention movies like Black Panther and Ragnarok and then I noticed "the overrated by CBM fans" part. That changes things really, because at least here (don't really frequent any other CB sites so I can't really say) people seem to view them in a more fair(?) way.

What is a CMB?

You are too young to know. Maybe in a few years :P

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Avengers

Civil War

X-Men: DofP

Honorable mentions: First 2 X-Men films.

CW isn't that overrated; it's actually the MCU's 2nd best film. I just think it's held in higher regard than it should be.

Avengers is an utterly mediocre film, and DofP is good, but it's flaws are more obvious in successive views.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heres a thought if 2/3 of this site says Black Panther is overated, comic fans dont rate it as highly as people say

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

X: first class

WW

@supermanthor said:

Aquaman

X men first class

Spider man 2

What makes you @spambot that X is overrated?

@supermanthor same for bold ones.

Just wasn't much of a fan of it. Also used to see it get mention as a top 10 cbm of all time. Not as much in the last couple years but people used to rate it very highly on here.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Even good to great movies can be overrated. TDK had some flaws. Its all relative to how we think a movie is commonly rated. TDK as good as it was is a movie I've never found myself wanting to sit through a second time. It is overly long and the last hour really drags itself out imo.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MonsterStomp
@jayc1324 said:

Any film can be called overrated. Its someone's opinion. When asked what CBM you find overrated and someone says The Dark Knight, that's a throwaway opinion. More so, if they don't have a valid explanation for it.

They're the same people saying Heath only won the Oscar because he died. Which is a blasphemous claim if I ever heard it.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324 said:

That's an oxymoron.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MonsterStomp

@edamame said:

@monsterstomp said:

What is a CMB?

Comic Movie Book

LOL

Never read a comic movie turned into a book.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doesn't every comic fan believe that some popular movie is overrated? It follows the old truism, you can't please everyone, however I'll bite and offer up a couple more for discussion:

1. X-Men Days of Future Past (messy and too much on Mystique; I like First Class but once was enough for DoFP and once was too much for AoA)
  2. Avengers IW (a great ride but short on plot; it's a lot of fun, but some comic fans seem to see it as the culmination of all CBM's to this point)
  3. Deadpool (I like 'em both, but there are 25 more CBM's I would take over both the original and sequel)
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

My Top 3 of overrated movies :

1. Thor : Ragnarok

2. Black Panther.

3. The Dark Knight Rises

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Black Panther.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#41  Edited By Supermanthor

@michaelbn: just don't like it

But that's my personal view though

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

It's also #3 on Imdb's top 250. Sure, it's a great movie, but is it really the 3rd best movie of all time only topped by The Godfather and The Shawshank Redemption, but topping movies like Godfather part II, every tarentino movie, every Spielberg movie, Citizen Kane, 12 Angry men, every best picture movie winner ever, etc. That I don't agree with at all, I think it's pretty arguable as to whether it's even the best Nolan movie(Personally I prefer Inception)

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheGrat1
  1. Spider-Man 2
  2. Spider-Man 2
  3. Spider-Man 2

Seriously, people suck this movie's d**k when it has so much holding it back. Crappy acting, corny tone that is not the least bit endearing, a completely annoying Mary-Jane with next to no redeemable qualities.

That final fight makes no sense. Spidey is grunting, giving his all but can not ko Otto.

Worst of all: Peter losing his powers (which are a part of his genetic code now) because he is not sure he wants to be Spider-Man anymore is STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: You bring up compelling pints at I dont disagree with anyone of it. I wouldn't put Ragnarok as a top 3 most overrated but you're correct in my opinion.

Interesting enough it seems the consensus is:

CW, BP, SP2 and TDR ... can't really argue with those

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

1. Guardians of the Galaxy - I could tell what would happen beat for beat, saw the jokes coming each and every time and the acclaimed soundtrack boasts a total of one song I like (fyi it's Cherry Bomb). I've watched it several times trying to understand why people loved it so much but at best have come up half way there. At worst I see it as a glorified children's movie with a semen joke. I do think it's good though but I am maybe the only one here who likes the second one better. Oh Nebula is exempt from criticism though. Nebula is the coolest. ^_^
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Maybe it's just because the whole spy stuff isn't my thing but much of it just doesn't appeal to me like it does others, believe it or not it's actually my least favourite of the Cap trilogy (not by a huge margin mind you, I just found more charm in First Avenger). But I will give it credit, ScarJo hadn't anywhere near this charisma in the MCU before and still hasn't since. Another one I've tried a few times to understand but just find it good rather than a masterpiece.
  3. Ant-man - Unfunny, paint by numbers, jokes and tender moments cynically placed at the precise moments critics will want them (played them like fiddles), none-more-generic villain done before and better in the Iron Man. Still haven't forgiven them for throwing Janet in the garbage too and after the sequel I probably never will... >.<
Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@jayc1324:

It's also #3 on Imdb's top 250. Sure, it's a great movie, but is it really the 3rd best movie of all time?! only topped by The Godfather and The Shawshank Redemption, but topping movies like Godfather part II, every tarentino movie, every Spielberg movie, Citizen Kane, 12 Angry men, every best picture movie winner ever, etc. That I don't agree with at all, I think it's pretty arguable as to whether it's even the best Nolan movie(Personally I prefer Inception)

Tarantino is super overrated and all of his films are the same (except pulp fiction).

Most of Spielberg movies are good.

Some of best picture movie winners aren't that good.

but on other things your question is very nice.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Mook Bovies.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Civil War
  2. The Ant-Man movies
  3. TWS/Wonder Woman
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Guardians of the Galaxy

XMEN DoFP

....not one of them a bad cbm, but all got more noise than they deserved, imho

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: haha ur so right about GOTG, and you're not the only one who enjoys the 2nd one better