2018 CBM Year End awards: Best Hero

• 89 results
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll 2018 CBM Year End awards: Best Hero (125 votes)

Black Panther (Black Panther) 7%
Iron Man (Avengers: Infinity War) 19%
Thor (Avengers: Infinity War) 44%
Cap Steve Rogers (Avengers: Infinity War) 5%
Wanda (Avengers: Infinity War) 1%
Guardians of the Galaxy (Avengers: Infinity War), collectively or standalone 1%
Hulk/Banner (Avengers: Infinity War) 1%
Deadpool (Deadpool 2) 2%
Ant Man (Ant-Man and The Wasp) 2%
Wasp (Ant-Man and The Wasp) 0%
Hank Pym (Ant-Man and The Wasp) 1%
Eddie Brock/Venom (Venom) 0%
Aquaman (Aquaman) 18%

So, who was the best live-action superhero of all of 2018?

• 
phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@foxerdes said:

@phisigmatau:

Thor unlike Peter and BP was Avenging half a race.

It was a what I would call a cold-blooded vengeance. He hit Thanos and stood there for a long time instead of going for the gauntlet. Peter had a rush of anger after discovering the love of his life was murdered, and having lost a lot of people he deeply cared about, it's his vulnerable point. I put those two mistakes on the same level. You could say that they both defeated Thanos (Peter by devising a plan, Thor via stormbreaker) and they both failed afterwards.

I'm not sure why you even put T'Challa among them.

Regardless BP did not earn back the throne- he lost fair and square and should have become subservient to the throne. He had no rights to the BP powers after losing one on one, there is no way around that.

As I said, losing does not make him less heroic. Could you elaborate why do you think losing the challenge makes him less of a men?

Him losing makes him unworthy of the crown he does not have the right to be black panther per his own heritage's rule. If its ok for BP to go all mutiny, what stops the other tribes ?

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, Thor was not a hero at all in Infinity War. Sure he was a fantastic character and had a badass entrance, but what he did to Thanos is something you would expect a villain to do, not a hero. In terms of heroes this year, it'd be between Tony, T'Challa, and Wade for me

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Iron Man for me. He did the most when you think about it.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@phisigmatau: Hm, I understand. Wasn't it assumed that the challenge did not end since he didn't die or something?

he only survived due to outside interference. The other tribe that saved him said as much. This is pretty clear. No outside influence is allowed. Therefore he does not have the right to be BP

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America. Asked for best hero, not most powerful hero (though I admit Thor was pretty damn heroic).

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zepta_Pon
@destinyman75 said:

@zepta_pon: Thor saved wakanda . His arrival changed the game saved call and BP and all the others yes that's called heroic. While he failed to one shot Thanos he did indeed save those that remain. And judging by all the reactions in the theater it was the best Entrance by far. Aquaman while cool didn't do anytime more heroic then anyone else

Changed the game? Not only did he fail to one shot Thanos He failed to save half of the life in the universe.

Half of the life in the Universe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wakanda.

People are alive because Thanos only meant to kill half of the life in the universe at random. The other half were just lucky. It also doesn't answer the fact that Thor wanted Thanos to suffer. His obvious hatred and revenge still doesn't make him a hero. I'll even go as far as to say that Thor's motivation in going to Wakanda is only to make Thanos suffer. His first words upon arriving in Wakanda were "Bring me Thanos".

Anecdotes don't really mean anything other than the number of people watching the movies. Infinity War is certainly a much much bigger cbm event than Aquaman. This however, doesn't mean that Thor's entrance in Wakanda is automatically the best.

We've seen Thor used his aoe lightning ground strike before.

Aquaman's entrance on the ocean floor is something much much more unique, imaginative and creative. Nobody has ever seen anything like that before in a superhero movie. It certainly deserves much more credit. Aquaman's entire 3rd act is his epic superhero moment. I can't say the same thing for Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor easily, Iron Man comes second.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By rem

Iron Man.

When did Thor get so much wank?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@phisigmatau: I can agree that as far as the law goes, T'Challa lost. Still, I'd yet again argue that it doesn't make him less of a hero. Dora Milaje unanimously decided Killmonger is not fit to rule and T'Challa had other heroic moments. Do we include his Civil War development?

he lost the battle one on one. IDC what anyone says when the rules are established. Listen the guy living in his mom basement playing video games all day CAN want to take out some evil force but if he doesnt have the capability due to lack of training? A for effort? no, you fail you fail.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two voters have mentioned their votes go to strange, so far. Thor has 34 votes in the poll

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve, Thor and T'challa all surprised me this year. I think Thor had the best moments and grew the most on me.

Thor is my best hero for 2018.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mikes Morales...since people forgot about Spiderverse.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By destinyman75

@zepta_pon: Your obvious hate for Thor is noted.

What Thor did vs Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>what ALL other heros COMBINED did to Thanos. Also you are looking at it all wrong. You claim Thor didn't go for the kill shot????? Not true at all. Usually An Ax strait to the heart is actually a Kill shot just slower then decapitation.. Many who go for the kill use the heart nothing wrong with that except in this case Thanos was still able to snap, which Thor do not expect....So your point is rather moot. Oh and anything Aquaman (who I like) did is nothing compared to what Thor did.

Oh and you talk about Thor wanting revenge?? Well I'd say Duh on that one his entire race was wiped out there is NO hero who wouldn't have wanted that. Put your boy Aquaman in that same scenario he's more hot headed and would have done the same or less..thanks for the convo though

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zepta_pon: Your obvious hate for Thor is noted.

What Thor did vs Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>what ALL other heros COMBINED did to Thanos. Also you are looking at it all wrong. You claim Thor didn't go for the kill shot????? Not true at all. Usually An Ax strait to the heart is actually a Kill shot just slower then decapitation.. Many who go for the kill use the heart nothing wrong with that except in this case Thanos was still able to snap, which Thor do not expect....So your point is rather moot. Oh and anything Aquaman (who I like) did is nothing compared to what Thor did.

Oh and you talk about Thor wanting revenge?? Well I'd say Duh on that one his entire race was wiped out there is NO hero who wouldn't have wanted that. Put your boy Aquaman in that same scenario he's more hot headed and would have done the same or less..thanks for the convo though

I don't hate Thor. I just dislike how Marvel treated and handled his character in the MCU. The same way I disliked how WB handled Batman in JL.

Thanos mocked Thor in the end saying "You should've gone for the head". He's right. Aiming and hitting the head gives a much much higher chance of instantly killing or knocking out an opponent. Thor had no intention of instantly killing Thanos because he wanted him to suffer first. He put his motivation of hatred and revenge first before saving half of the life in the Universe.

This thread is not about who's more powerful - it seems that the term "Hero" had lost its true meaning here.

We look and judge these characters based on the actual movies they're in, not on what if scenarios.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By destinyman75

@zepta_pon: I mean I get what your saying but again A shot to the heart is a kill which almost Zero heroes go for the decapitation think about that. How many heroes would go for the decapitation off the bat?????? Maniacs would even some villians would not think to do that first..

Plus Thor lost everything literally. His hammer father then entire race. Nearly dies at hands of the star that nearly killed him all to stay alive and Go to earth save his friends and find thanos. If that's not heroic I don't know what is...

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor was the coolest, Iron Man was the best.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine still thinking Black Panther was even semi-decent.

Thor, everyone else was bland or somehow got worse.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Iron Man were shining pretty brightly in this film. I voted Iron Man, but I totally understand why Thor received a higher percentage.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP. It was his year. Wakanda Forever.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you all forgot this guy right here?
So you all forgot this guy right here?

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinson.

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles Morales from Into the Spider-Verse.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not sure why so many people voted for Thor from Infinity war. The dude was just out for vengeance. His motives did seem at all focused on sacrificing himself to save the universe unlike Tony who went thru a no going back situation. Tony was definitely more of a hero than Thor in the movie. Wanda is up there as well and so is Aquaman.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: aha, now that I see this thread I understand better the one with Mera and other "secondary" characters...

Thor was absolutely amazing in IW, he has my vote.

Please tag me for your next polls.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor

2. Miles

3. Hmm... I liked Wasp.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for zeetotwin_basic
zeetotwin_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor no contest. His Ragnarok and Infinity War performances were next level.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2018? Thor not even close