2015 Comic Book Movies: An Optimistic Look at Them

• 96 results
Avatar image for sightlessreality
#51 Posted by SightlessReality (4979 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all of those I'm interested in Ant Man the most.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#52 Posted by amazing_webhead (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm psyched for Star Wars, Terminator, the Mummy reboot, and the next Bond movie!

Age of Ultron also looks cool.

But I'm positively dreading Fantastic 4 & Ant-Man.

#53 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Wat the hell are the kingsmen?!?

#54 Posted by mje360 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see Age of Ultron!

I totally don't care about the new Fantastic Four movie, get on with the Deadpool movie already.

#55 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Throne of Atlantis

2-Star Wars

3-Ant-Man or Avengers

#56 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kingsman?

http://replygif.net/i/648.gif

Only one I can't be optimistic about.

#57 Posted by WarDishy_ (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecannon: Lol, no idea about Jurassic World or Terminator, but there have been a whole lot of Star Wars comics releases in the past 30 or so years.

#58 Posted by Radx_Konkin75 (141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually more excited for Mad Max: Fury Road than anything else.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
#59 Posted by GreenLanternDeadpool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Star Wars

2) Avengers: Age of Ultron

Last) FF

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
#60 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10331 posts) - - Show Bio

OPTIMISTIC!?!?!?!?

This is Comics Katzman, be as negative as possible right NOW

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#61 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#62 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9186 posts) - - Show Bio

If its a Marvel movie it'll be entertaining even if it isnt good, like Wolverine was. If its a DC movie, it'll put Marvel films out of business.

Lmfao...sure it will.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#63 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#64 Edited by NukeA6 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching everything that's canon to Star Wars just get myself ready for the new movie. Of course, I'm not missing Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, or Terminator.

#65 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Oddly enough, and this is a shock to me as well, I'm actually slightly more excited for Ant-Man than Avengers: AoU. Don't get me wrong, I know Avengers will be amazing, but the idea of an ANT-MAN MOVIE? Yeah, I'm freakin' excited for that! xD

#66 Posted by scavengerFist (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobramorph: You're joking, right?

@jonny_anonymous: That's cool dude, where did you get that?

Anyways, the films I'm not interested in are Terminator (the canon is muddled up), Kingsmen (but I've heard good stuff already), Throne of Atlantis (maybe download it), and FF (what a sad direction they're going).

#67 Posted by devinwifi (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Aou

Ant man

Justice League

Star wars

#68 Posted by greenenvy (637 posts) - - Show Bio

I think pretty much everyone will agree that jla a league of one would be the perfect animated justice league feature that pits wonder woman in the center. A good way to trick to peoples minds that its a justice league story but starring wonder woman epicly.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#69 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice reasoning on most of these choices. But I'm sorry but there's just no way Fantastic Four is going to be made appealing to a majority of comic book and FF fans on here and across the Internet. The direction they're going in sounds wrong, the actors aren't really right for their parts and Doctor Doom being retconned into a blogger is a horrible and disrespectful treatment of one of Marvel's best villains.

#71 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars is my number one looked forward to thing this year, Avengers and Ant-man are without question on the list to. Kingsman looks pretty good might check it out on DVD. Not really feeling Terminator and Jurassic World and FF just sounds ludicrous.

#72 Posted by TDK_1997 (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be seeing all of those except Jurassic World and Kingsman.

#73 Posted by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to sound rude, but why are some of these films here? It specifically says "2015 comic book movies" in the title, yet several of the ones here don't have anything to do with comics (Star Wars, Jurassic World, & Terminator).

Other than that, nice article.

Jurassic World and Terminator: Genisys count as CBM? Anyway, yeah it seems like it going to be a good year for them.

we want to focus on the films that are either based on comic books or have a fair amount of comic books based on the franchise.

#74 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13366 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of big blockbusters, Age of Ultron & Episode VII are all that really matter.

...at least for me

#75 Posted by IrishX (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron - Going to be a lot of fun kicking off the drive-in theater summer off with this movie. Ultron himself could be sick.
  • Ant-Man - I think this is going to be a really fun and pleasantly surprising film.
  • Star Wars VII - I'm a fan of all the Star Wars films and series in general.
#76 Posted by Jacthripper (15017 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not excited about the FF reboot, Doom is a blogger. WTF!?!?!

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
#77 Posted by thecowwasdelirious (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, in whats way is Genisys based off a comic books?

Avatar image for comicbookhoarder
#78 Posted by Comicbookhoarder (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Really can't wait for Star Wars and The Avengers. I hope the new FF movie will be better than the last one.

#79 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I was optimistic for Catwoman, I was optimistic for Batman and Robin, get optimistic and Hollywood will disappoint, be pessimistic and you can be pleasantly surprised.

#80 Edited by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecowwasdelirious said:

Wait, in whats way is Genisys based off a comic books?

The Terminator franchise has several comic books; this is covered in the intro. It's not saying Terminator or JP or even Star Wars are "comic book movies," but considering they all have a fair number of comics, they can be added to the list.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
#81 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@frozen said:

@fallschirmjager said:

get out. we only bitch and moan around here.

No Caption Provided

I'll be bitching about this crappy F4 movie. But the other Marvels look great.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#82 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Nice reasoning on most of these choices. But I'm sorry but there's just no way Fantastic Four is going to be made appealing to a majority of comic book and FF fans on here and across the Internet. The direction they're going in sounds wrong, the actors aren't really right for their parts and Doctor Doom being retconned into a blogger is a horrible and disrespectful treatment of one of Marvel's best villains.

hate to break it to you, but considering we amount to maybe 1% of the audience, any movie studio trying to cater to comic fans would be idiots.

#83 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Can we also get a pessimistic look at them...

#84 Edited by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesomeperson said:

@k4tzm4n: Can we also get a pessimistic look at them...

Sure, look just about anywhere except for the article. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding pessimistic opinions!

#85 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: lol okay!

But... It would be really cool to know your pessimistic view on them because on the forums, half of them are trolls...

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#86 Posted by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about The Fantastic Four. That's probably the only one I'm not excited to watch.

#87 Posted by HashbrownsCV (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

hate to break it to you, but considering we amount to maybe 1% of the audience, any movie studio trying to cater to comic fans would be idiots.

You're very much correct, but the changes they're (supposedly) making don't seem much more appealing to a broad audience either. With the shenanigans North Korea has been pulling recently, having the main villain be a vain, megalomaniacal tyrant of an isolated nation would probably click with people's contemporary concerns more than a disaffected programmer.

Now sure, Doom can certainly EMPLOY hackers/bloggers/digital terrorists as his minions, but that doesn't seem to be what they're doing.

It isn't that they're not adhering to a particular story-line or changing a costume, but Fox appears to be abandoning the fundamental premise and tone of the property. I'm not a Fantastic Four fan, don't read it, didn't like the movies, but what I've heard so far about this 2015 film are some of the least appealing ideas I've seen out of a comic book movie since Seth Rogen's destruction of The Green Hornet.

#88 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I don't want it to cater to just comic book fans. I want it to at least have some resemblance to the original source material like other comic book movies do. Even the lame previous FF films resembled the comics in some way, their flaws were to do with other factors. This is just plain stupid and sounds like they're purposefully trying to spite Marvel by mistreating their First Family. And being one of the seemingly last FF fans, I don't like it one bit.

#90 Posted by Guru_Crack (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

Will watch all of them eventually but granted Jurassic Park can wait for Netflix or something. The rest i'll watch online or buy a DVD for.

#91 Posted by BlueEcho (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really consider Star Wars, Terminator, or Jurassic World to be comic movies.

#92 Posted by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

@blueecho said:

I don't really consider Star Wars, Terminator, or Jurassic World to be comic movies.

Please read the intro!

#93 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

All other than Kingsman

#94 Posted by batshrine (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot the Lego movies!

#96 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: How can you be excited about an obvious train wreck of a movie that the Fantastic Four is shaping up to be?

#97 Posted by TDK_1997 (18914 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by TDK_1997 (18914 posts) - - Show Bio