• 97 results
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Edited 2 years, 9 months ago

Poll: 1-10 Poll: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (121 votes)

10: Perfect 2%
9: Phenomenal 9%
8: Great 15%
7: Good 16%
6: Decent 13%
5: Average 7%
4: slightly Sub-Par 3%
3: Bad 21%
2: Terrible 5%
1: One of the worst movies ever made 5%
Don't have an opinion/want to see polls/haven't seen it 4%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by morjumba (106 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good, I like how this ark has a darker side to everything. It's a nice contrast to the marvel movies where everything is one liners and honky dory. Although I think there could've been a lot more doomsday in the movie and I think they made him out to look like a wuss and made Wonder Woman look like she's super mans equal (most likely a femnist move) the movie was good.

#3 Posted by TheKinfing (11788 posts) - - Show Bio

7, good movie with some amazing scenes and some very notorious flaws.

INB4Itshtebestmovieoffalltime

INB4Itstheworstmovieoffalltime

#4 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12719 posts) - - Show Bio

This depends on the version for me.

The Theatrical Cut i'll give a 7-7.5

The Ultimate Cut I can bump up to a 8.5-9

That extra content in the Ultimate Cut makes a HUGE difference for me on the flow of the film.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

7, good movie with some amazing scenes and some very notorious flaws.

INB4Itshtebestmovieoffalltime

INB4Itstheworstmovieoffalltime

lol

This depends on the version for me.

The Theatrical Cut i'll give a 7-7.5

The Ultimate Cut I can bump up to a 8.5-9

That extra content in the Ultimate Cut makes a HUGE difference for me on the flow of the film.

I haven't watched the UC yet but some say it fixes some parts and others say it's a big improvement over the TC.

#6 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

If you vote for, "One of the worst films ever made", you are being ignorant.

Just fyi.

#7 Posted by CyborgZod (954 posts) - - Show Bio

theatrical: 6/10

ultimate: 7/10

#8 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio

9/10 for me.

#9 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio

Remade the thread since the UC has been out 8 days now. Just like Watchmen and Daredevil, or any of the other films I did with a UC, you don't have to watch the UC to vote, but if you did, vote based off of that.

#10 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12719 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Absolutely does both. If you ever get around to watching the Ultimate Cut, afterward you'll be scratching your head wondering what kind of drugs Warners was taking when they green lit the theatrical cut.

#11 Posted by wbr17 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

The best superhero movie from DC, Marvel or Fox.

#12 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

3/10

#13 Edited by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an average film with a few memorable moments like the warehouse scene.

The problem being it served as the centerpiece on which they are building the entire DCEU.

Zero reason for Snyder to do Justice League, and if he creates a third lukewarm film, the tone of mediocrity will be set in concrete.

Not as bad as the reviews and hardcore MCU fanboys make it sound though.

#14 Posted by Gracetrack (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

9/10. Enjoyed it more than every MCU film.

#15 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12182 posts) - - Show Bio

6/10

Its main flaws being dream sequences, being released with many of the plot elements being botched, and the running time.

#16 Posted by TheSpoiler (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen the Ultimate Cut, but I'd give the theatrical version 5/10.

There was some very good stuff in here and some nice scenes and ideas, but the script just had so many issues. Some of it was pointless additions, some of it was stuff that wasn't developed enough, some was just good ideas executed badly, etc.

I considered giving it a 6, but the fact it feels so pointless and only exists to set up JL brings it down a point for me

#17 Posted by PenguinDust (9161 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the expanded blu-ray release, but based on the theatrical version; "bad" 3/10. I had big issues with a lot of things in the movie, the story, the tone, the color, the characterization, the pacing, etc...Wonder Woman was good and I liked the Batman warehouse fight. Not much more, though.

#19 Edited by rogueshadow (29367 posts) - - Show Bio

It just... evokes so little in me, I just feel hollow and... bored. It's lifeless. I've seen all the arguments but, to me, when it comes down to the wire, Batman isn't Batman and Superman isn't Superman in this film. Ultimately, I just don't like it.

Superman does not inspire hope, not in me, no matter how much Snyder wants to keep telling me that he does. I don't believe a man can fly when I watch this film, I don't see a humble farmboy from Kansas with the powers of a God who just wants to help people, not because of Lois Lane, not because of some great and epic fate, but because it's the right thing to do and he can't bear to see people suffer when he could stop it.

And Batman... when I look at Batman, I don't see somebody who, more than anyone in the world, when you scratch everything else away from him, his money, his genius, his obsession, his baggage, his psychoticism... is someone who doesn’t want to see anyone die.

It feels like a film where basic philosophy, style and franchise functionality are king over genuine thought, substance and storytelling.

Objectively, (whatever that really means for film) I guess it's a 5 or 6 as a film, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are moments of excellence without a doubt.

#20 Posted by Jgames (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

UC I said 7-8, again I have a different rating system myself, I said is just good enough, so a seven. Not amazing, noticeable flaw, I wish Superman was better, still not a huge fan of Louis, but Batman was too awesome, and the movie flow much better with a interesting, granted complicated plot.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#21 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

I only voted 7 because of the UE

#22 Posted by Havenless (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a very solid 6 out of 10

#23 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by JasonHawke (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

3/10 for theatre

5/10 for Ultimate Cut

#25 Posted by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

It just... evokes so little in me, I just feel hollow and... bored. It's lifeless. I've seen all the arguments but, to me, when it comes down to the wire, Batman isn't Batman and Superman isn't Superman in this film. Ultimately, I just don't like it.

Superman does not inspire hope, not in me, no matter how much Snyder wants to keep telling me that he does. I don't believe a man can fly when I watch this film, I don't see a humble farmboy from Kansas with the powers of a God who just wants to help people, not because of Lois Lane, not because of some great and epic fate, but because it's the right thing to do and he can't bear to see people suffer when he could stop it.

And Batman... when I look at Batman, I don't see somebody who, more than anyone in the world, when you scratch everything else away from him, his money, his genius, his obsession, his baggage, his psychoticism... is someone who doesn’t want to see anyone die.

It feels like a film where basic philosophy, style and franchise functionality are king over genuine thought, substance and storytelling.

Objectively, (whatever that really means for film) I guess it's a 5 or 6 as a film, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are moments of excellence without a doubt.

Extremely well said.

#26 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio

What is so hard about spelling LoisLane and ZackSnyder??????

#27 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#28 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude in Batman vs Superman, Batman actually KILLS?!?!?!?!? Like what the f**k?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Have they the writers ever even seen Batman the F**king Animated Series? Or Christopher God Nolan's BatGodMan series with Christian F**king Bale?!?! I've done so much research on Batman. I've read books like Year One! and The Long Halloween! so I know what the f**k I'm talking about unlike you. Those are some fine genuine obscure Bat books. If you read those, then you definitely know the character of The Batman. And anyone who knows anything about Batman knows that he can never ever kill. Some idiots like to defend this Batman by saying "oh well it's part of the story and Bruce's personal arc. We see him killing now because that's how bad his life is right now. This is the beginning of his redemption arc." Well if that is part of the story, then that story SUCKS.

Also, did you know Superman NEVER smiles in this film? MY GOD. Has Zack Snyder ever even seen the motherf**king CHRISTOPHER REEVE FILMS???!!? Don't give me any of that "but this is a realistic take" bullshit. If Superman doesn't smile, save everyone, cause no destruction when fighting characters of God teir, and try to be relatable, then that is not my Superman. And everyone knows I know everything there is to know about Superman and the character. After all I saw the f**king Christopher Reeve films and those are the only ones allowed to exist.

And don't even get me started on Lex Luthor. My, or should I say, THE Lex Luthor must always be a bald businessman. Sorry to all the people who want a layered character that explores each one of Lex's personas. Because my Lex Luthor must be bald and serious. This is not my Lex Luthor. One time somebody mailed me Superman Birthright to show proof that Lex can still be a good character while having hair and being quirky, but I just burned it because that's not my Lex Luthor nor my Superman

TLDR: Zack Snyder killed my dog

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#29 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Theatrical Cut : 4

Ultimate Cut: 4 (sure it makes the film more coherent, but it also makes the movie much, much longer than needs be)

#30 Posted by SaintWildcard (21844 posts) - - Show Bio

Personal enjoyment.... 4....no, 3

#31 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke52: Even as someone who cannot stand this movie either believe me, Superman does smile once in this film after he saves a girl from a burning building. But once is far too little for a character as optimistic and idealistic as Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#33 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

3. This movie just gets a sigh from me every time.

#34 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

5/10. Sucks the life right out of me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#35 Edited by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

3 for the theatrical cut. 5 for the ultimate cut.

Edit: Adding a nice gif

No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn like did Zack literally kill some your guys' dogs or something?

#37 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn like did Zack literally kill some your guys' dogs or something?

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

#39 Posted by TheKinfing (11788 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? One of the worst movies of all time? Come on guys....

#40 Edited by birdman400 (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

imo its an 8 , amazing movie , Zack Snyder does a great job of foreshadowing , and using themes , problem is he just makes everything dark 24/7 , Zack Snyder's fight scenes are A1 af tho , oh and I like that he incorporates real life in his movies (Superman having to kill Zod & his dad protecting him from using his powers for the greater good)

#41 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11674 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by wrucebayne (568 posts) - - Show Bio

3/10. I think this is the only Batman film I can't see myself watching again. The Burton/Schumacher films are all pretty damn bad, but they're still goofy, fun, and dumb in the right way... or the wrong way.

BvS is just uninteresting, poorly written, drawn out, and stars two extremely unlikable protagonists. Murderman v Flying Hypocrite. What really can I say that others haven't already said to death?

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#43 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

6/10 It was decent but fell below my expectations.

#44 Posted by JasonHawke (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

The people have SPOKEN!

3/10
Would Martha again!

#45 Posted by Vertical (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid 7,

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#46 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for det_batsuperman
#47 Posted by Det_BatSuperman (164 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by Doofasa (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

3/10 And it's only above a 2 due to the Warehouse scene and Wonder Woman. The plot is all over the place, Lex's plan is ridiculously convoluted, Doomsday looked like a rock-troll, we got about 8 mins of actual Batman Vs Superman, Batman and Superman were nothing like the characters of Batman and Superman, the casting of Lex was terrible, Batman does a complete back-flip on his morals/plan because "My god we have the same mothers name," etc etc.

#49 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Give that shit a 3. Not a complete crime against nature like Green Lantern, Catwoman and Shitastic 4, but holy god it's bad

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#50 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17649 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey

I've said enough about my opinion of the film from an enjoyment standpoint (I enjoy it a LOT), so as to avoid repeating what I've already said in the past, again and again, I rate it a 5 or a 6 from a filmmaking standpoint.

This video sums up why it is fundamentally flawed as a film:

Loading Video...

You can say how much you appreciated the film asking philosophical questions with these characters, you can deflect all the generic complaints people had with the film. But this sums up why BvS is fundamentally flawed and I can't imagine a counterargument to it.