Star Wars(Legends): The Prism Prisoners respect thread

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So ah, kind of an oddball respect thread. I guess this being more to expand overall viewship of the SWU on the whole, rather than just select characters people have come to know of.

In that regard, this thread will go over quite briefly a couple of interesting characters and what they've accomplished, they will also most likely have backed up with scaling too. So let's begin!

=====

No Caption Provided

The Prism Accolades/Quotes

"But why haven't we told him? Or anyone else?"

"The Prism is our responsibility. At least until the war is over.

"And then we will reveal the truth? How will the Senators-or the galaxy react when they learn that the Jedi Order has been running a secret prison for years?"

"Dooku recruits cyborgs and mind readers, shape shifters and trained assassins, even Force Wielders . The Republic Security Forces can't contain such threats. That duty falls to us.

- Obi-Wan and Mace Windu, Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #3

Obi-Wan and Mace Windu discuss about the Prism where it holds Dooku's recruits of various cyborgs, mind readers, assassins, shape shifters and other Force Users. Windu noting that these threats aren't something that the Republic Security Forces can't hold, so the Jedi do.

Designed from the outset to be inescapable and self sustaining, it required only a skeletal crew to remain operational. The staff included just one sentient Jedi Warden and 100 security droids.

- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #3

It's design made it inescapable and self sustaining, with only one Jedi and 100 security droids to have it remain operational.

Alone for months, Master Skein has been. Most welcome a visitor from the Order would be.

- Yoda, Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #3

The single Warden was indeed a Jedi Master known as Skein. Now this at a glance might not seem like much, but you'll see that this Jedi Master had to be particularly powerful.

Side Link

Jedi Knight respect thread

^ To gauge Master Skein and where she comes from.

====

Alright so that's it for the Prison itself, let's get onto the inmates within.

====

General Prisoner Accolades/Quotes

Lieutenant Thom realizes that the prison is filled with some of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy- all of whom would do anything to be set free.

- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #4

The Prism holds some of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy.

Of the two hundred and seven prisoners released on the yard. Only thirty-three emerged from the riot in any condition to fight.

- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison

Of 207, only 33 survived to fight.

Now take into perspective the wider galaxy during the Clone Wars, the population filled with Troopers, Mercenaries, other Assassins and so forth, 200 of them were considered more dangerous to be put into a special prison constructed by and overseen by the Jedi Order. Now then take into account of a mass riot and all these dangerous beings fight to the death for their freedom, putting those survivors above the remaining 174 prisoners.

Now let's get onto the actual characters here.

======

Captain Shonn Volta

No Caption Provided

Noted as being Force Sensitive, being able to use the Force to guide her blaster shots as a sharpshooter. LT Thom thought she had cybernetic eyes, but she doesn't. She is able to kill a demolitions expert while also targeting an explosive device in the air that was dropped.

Side Note: Sharpshooter

The Sharpshooter is a master of long range combat, preferring to engage his enemies from hundreds of meters away. His patience, control and cunning make him a feared opponent.

- Hero's Guide

Now a regular Sharpshooter is noted as a master of long range combat, preferring to engage at hundreds of meters away, making Sharpshooters feared opponents.

DC-15A Blaster Rifle- Has an effective range of 10 kilometers(6 miles) when mounted on a tripod.

- EP 3: ICS

While the DC-15A Blaster Rifle isn't a dedicated sniper rifle, though it does have a scope to be turned into one, I think it's fair to see that as a sort of min range for a dedicated sniper rifle.

Of course I'm not saying EVERY sharpshooter has this ability to hit this. Very rarely I feel engagements are that long anyway with normal sharpshooters, cause even they can miss, it'd be at best something that can happen, it's just rare doing so.

HOWEVER considering the Volta isn't exactly a normal Sharpshooter, what with having Force abilities and being one of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy during the Clone Wars, it's a safe bet that she can hit targets 6+ miles out with her Force abilities.

======

Baron Nax Cirvan

No Caption Provided

So next up we have Baron Nax Cirvab, a former Jedi turned Dark Jedi and recruited by Count Dooku, becoming a haunting specter within the Outer Rim.

He's killed 8 Jedi + their Padawans along with a Jedi General and an entire Legion of Clone Troopers before disappearing. It took Anakin Skywalker of all Jedi, to track him down and beat him senseless.

In these short scenes we see him throw around Force Lighting and Telekinesis mid-combat in an almost effortless display. As well as showing some acrobatic skill.

Side Link:Jedi Knight respect thread

Killing 8 Jedi + their Padawans isn't a small feat. Even if all of them weren't Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights are still very capable combatants and Jedi Padawans while they are still learning, are still formidable fighters themselves. With their Masters, they can form a bond that makes them a pretty formidable duo in combat.

Killing a Jedi General + an entire Legion of Clone Troopers isn't a small feat either. A Clone Legion is 9,216 Troops couple with a Jedi General, who would be a full fledged Jedi Master, who are the top heap of the Jedi Order barring the Council, is something to note.

Here he shows being able to wield both a blaster and what appears to be a blue lightsaber in combat.

=====

So there you have it folks, while there were 33 prisoners that survived, they didn't really appear as of noteworthy compared to Nax and Volta. So I didn't see a need to put them in, they were just kinda background fighting.

So enjoy, mainly did this mostly due to boredom.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

One of my favorite comics from old Legends continuity. You have few ( if any ) blind spots my friend.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I tend to think I have a much broader view scope on the SWU, rather than just focusing on single characters at a time.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killbilly  Moderator

@killbilly: I tend to think I have a much broader view scope on the SWU, rather than just focusing on single characters at a time.

It's the best way to approach these things. Gives you a broader and more complete perspective overall imo.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Darthor

The speed in which you do these RTs impresses me

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

@killbilly: Quite, it can also elevate characters themselves, because it's more than just X character defeats this guy. It's X character defeating a guy who did this, this and this. Vader for example, easily stomped Nax here, by itself from just within the story it's fine. But then you add the context surrounding him, it's just even more impressive.

@darthor: Eh I try my best. Especially when regards to more minor bits of the SWU, linking and putting things together to really show how impressive things really are, like the characters here.

Couple more tags.

@kaijuking@redheathen

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tag! I am impressed with this RT, and it's refreshing to read RT's that goes beyond a single character. I'm now thinking of several topics that might be fun to right on, but I'm not up to writing. I'll pm you and see what you think.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

Last bump to get more views, just so everyone who might be interested has a good chance of seeing!

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, didn't see this. Cirvan killing legions of clone troopers, if he did it in actual melee combat, as in without using tricks or droids, is an impressive feat. One that Vader would scale to, since he defeated Cirvan.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zapan871: Also killing 8 Jedi and their Padawans on the plains of Rullag, that's a total of 16 Force Users. But yeah, wiping out a Jedi General and his Clone Legion is a pretty insane feat for a one off character. But I guess it tracks, since he's in the Prism.