Ancient One's soul push VS....

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warning Endgame Spoiler!!!

It was quite amusing to see Ancient One one-shot hulk with soul-pushing, it made me wonder, obviously it worked one regular human like Dr Strange and metahuman like hulk, who else could it work on?

Can she soul push aliens like Thanos or superman?

Or soul push gods like Thor and Wonder Woman?

Or soul push mixed-race hybrid like Aquaman?

Or sentinal robotic beings such as Cyborg and Ultron?

And how about non-human creatures? E. G. That Kracken-like creature from Aquaman, or that big wolf thingy from Ragnok? Do they have souls for her to push around?

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aka_aka_aka_ak

Not yet clear. I guess in principle I think it could work on literally anyone, but whether or not the Ancient One is able to do it to anyone is a different question. I personally suspect she can, although I'm not sure what would happen if she tried to use it on, say, Ego.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She could probably do it to any human/former human in range. Like Mantis, it seems to have a range limitation, but is a fairly broken technique in cqc. She probably doesn't use it against trained sorcerers however bc they can just reinsert their astral form into their bodies at will. Otherwise, Kaecilius and the Zealots would've been easy to beat.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake: I don't mean she soul push in a fight, but purely to test the limitation of her ability on various candidates, to see if it's limited to just human souls or it can go beyond. And interesting you mentioned former humans, can she soul push parademons or zombies? ?

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: It probably works on anyone the soul stone works on. But there's a certain range from the soul you have to be at, and location of the souls for some beings is up for debate.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be a bit of a hax technique, but I suspect for someone whom is equally trained in magic/mysticism and/or operates on higher power tier than her, they may be able to counter it.

timswiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i just hate the way marvel has treated Hulk since the 1st Avengers as if Whedon was forced to veer off his character . #1. Gets beaten by Hulkbuster which implies why do they need hulk if they have Iron Man. #2. Wins only with a cheat in Thor movie which i can kinda forgive a bit because its a Thor movie. #3. Gets completely trashed by Thanos and is later percieved as being to afraid to come out regardless of what Russo's "say" they intended.. #4. No rematch in endgame... no real Hulk battles... Just an instance KO by the ancient one which is WTH didn't she come and remove Thano's soul... and why didn't doctor Strange think of that as a path to success... I just have a feeling Feige/Russo's hates the Hulk character due to whatever and wants to neuter him down until there is nothing resembling the comic book appeal. Especially since his character has really been shafted by mediocre unbalanced scripts and direction on previous Hulk movies...

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any physical being as long as they're not cosmic entities

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was hoping that after his soul got pushed out, savage Hulk or mindless Hulk come out and wreck havok

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76
deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weavile: Yeah it made no sense why the actual Hulk didn't come out. She only pushed Bruce's soul out, there are two entities in that body

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@timswiley said:

Well i just hate the way marvel has treated Hulk since the 1st Avengers as if Whedon was forced to veer off his character . #1. Gets beaten by Hulkbuster which implies why do they need hulk if they have Iron Man. #2. Wins only with a cheat in Thor movie which i can kinda forgive a bit because its a Thor movie. #3. Gets completely trashed by Thanos and is later percieved as being to afraid to come out regardless of what Russo's "say" they intended.. #4. No rematch in endgame... no real Hulk battles... Just an instance KO by the ancient one which is WTH didn't she come and remove Thano's soul... and why didn't doctor Strange think of that as a path to success... I just have a feeling Feige/Russo's hates the Hulk character due to whatever and wants to neuter him down until there is nothing resembling the comic book appeal. Especially since his character has really been shafted by mediocre unbalanced scripts and direction on previous Hulk movies...

Hulk was absolutely amazing in Avengers, and was pretty dang awesome in Ragnarok. These last two Avengers movies have been brutal as a Hulk fan. I love the movies overall but it's a bit of a bummer to see what they did to Hulk in End Game especially.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24: what about soul pushing against Ghost rider? Or Enchantress whom are inhibited by both the spirit and June Moon?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Hajduk  Online

She can do it to anybody that has a soul and has no defenses against her magic.

Characters who might be able to stop her would need to be supernatural, or just in tune with magic and spiritualism. Characters like Ghost Rider or Hela might be able to protect themselves.

But characters like Thanos or Superman could fall to this if they literally let Ancient One hit them like Hulk did.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Not sure about robots or artificial life tho, that’s a good question

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@limitless82:

Interesting… we have a few more things like this now.

MCU Spideys body still defends when astral form pushed out.

No Caption Provided

So I’d say he has sone special resistance.

The Spiders in Madame Web could do the soul push which is interesting.

No Caption Provided

Maybe the Spiders from MW can oneshot Hulk with soul push?

——

I can’t remember anyone else resisting

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rajjarsalt

@death4bunnies: The sorcerer soul push is pretty strong - good visuals, good motion, good power. It's no wonder that Hulk, who could withstand the power of the cosmos, even fighting the Soul Stone to bring Nat back, was defeated.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided