Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Rated: MA

Continued from:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-1/671864/#9

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-2/671895/#9

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-3/673001/#2

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-4/673494/#2

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-5/674726/#1

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-6/678723/#1

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/splicers-the-orwells-chapter-7/680216/#4

Tatiana Restaurant, Brighton Beach, New York, January 2038

Captain Brian Winston sat opposite Arkady Bagrov. Each had man had two bodyguards close by; Winston had Wigan and Burmese, Arkady had two Ukrainian goons who possibly could’ve been silverback gorillas in cheap suits.

“So we understand each other?’ said Winston as he stuffed another forkful of pelmeni into his mouth.

“Da” snorted Arkady “But do you?”

Winston wiped his mouth and dropped the napkin onto his plate “Crystal! By the way this conversation isn’t happening, hasn’t happened and we’ve never met” Arkady nodded “Nexus is paying you to keep your eyes and ears open amongst your…”

“Legitimate furniture removal business”

Winston smiled at Arkady’s description of his illegal empire “In case these four individuals turn up.” Winston spread out four photos of the Orwell family onto the table. Arkady looked at Winston quizzically

“Do you think I am some peasant who can’t afford the internet? Or an ignorant immigrant who doesn’t own a television?”

“What?”

“I know who the Orwell’s are!” snarled Arkady “Have you seen the girl? Things I would do to her!”

“Look Bagrov” Winston fired up a cigar and blew a cloud of smoke across the table “I’m just following my orders, which now are YOUR orders. Take the photos, don’t take the photos, you can shove them up your butt! I don’t really care!” Winston stood up “You do your job, which is really pretty sweet by the way, getting paid to basically nothing except make a phone call!”

Arkady upended the table and stepped right up to Captain Winston “You try my patience little man”

Wigan and Burmese reached for their weapons, the two goons went for theirs. Winston and Arkady each stared intently into each other’s eyes.

“You and I cross paths again” seethed Arkady “I will open you up like a pig and then feed you your own intestines! I will call IF we see anything”

Winston smiled and reached into his pocket and pulled out a bullet “Next time we cross paths” He flicked the bullet at Arkady “You’ll get an express version of that! Have a nice day”

Suxen Investigación Química, Isabela, Puerto Rico, March 2038

“Arrogant bastards!” muttered Eric Orwell as he looked at the facility through a pair of binoculars

“What is it?” asked Blair from behind her large Jackie O sunglasses and giant sunhat

“They simply reversed the name” stated Eric “Suxen is Nexus backwards! Nexus Chemical Research”

“So fearless leader” Arthur punched his brother playfully in the arm “What’s the plan?”

“Can you two play nice?” He looked at his older siblings

“Yes Eric” they said in unison, a little sheepishly

“Tonight we’re going to destroy that factory. Just the building and the chemicals, no people”

“Why did you look at me when you said that?” protested Blair

“It wasn’t deliberate Blair, but out of the three of us, you have the best powers”

“Hey!” Arthur sounded a tad hurt

“Oh stop complaining! You can fly and see like an eagle. What did I get from the genetic lottery? Good hair” Arthur and Blair chuckled “You two are super! I’m smart and I can speak nine languages”

“Is that all?” laughed Blair giving her little brother a hug and ruffling his good hair.

“Get off” he shrugged her off “We also need to get into their computers, so once inside you two do the breaking, while I go play on their website and hack their database for any secrets that really need airing”

“Cool!” said Blair

3 days later, Nexus Headquarters, New York City, 2038

Dr Ed Quinn sat in the Helen Keller room, chaining a series of cigarettes. Dr Emil Rossini sat across from him holding a cup of tea, it rattled with rage as he tried to keep his anger in check. Agent Johnson stood near the door.

“I thought it was safe!” whimpered Dr Quinn as he slowly rocked back and forth.

Dr Rossini glared at him and placed his tea on the table with a thump “You thought keeping proto-testing records on your personal computer was safe? You should’ve destroyed them!”

“I know!” he yelled.

“No…you know that now” Dr Rossini “Why were you keeping them Ed?”

“I don’t…” he was about to lie when he caught Emil’s eye “I was keeping them as an insurance policy”

“So in case your job was ever in jeopardy?” said Dr Rossini

“Yes!”

“Well how does it feel that your life is now in jeopardy, not just your job?” Dr Rossini stood up “Agent Johnson is going to ask you some questions in a few moments, because what you’ve done classifies as treason”

“I’m sorry” Dr Quinn cried.

“Of course you are” said Dr Rossini calmly “Because your past has caught up with you. You serve as a cautionary tale” Dr Rossini left the room, giving Agent Johnson a slight nod. Agent Johnson smiled and headed over to the crying, shell of a man. Dr Rossini exited the Helen Keller Room and waited for the lift. He pulled out his phone and dialled.

“Mr President, I regret to inform you of a terrorist attack” Dr Rossini paused and pushed the lift button again impatiently “Yes Mr President…a suicide bomber has detonated a dirty bomb in the passenger terminal of the Atlanta International Airport. Death toll is nearly one thousand people sir….I understand sir, but I need the nations focus, which in turn the world’s focus, on something else…it’ll happen within the next three hours sir…blame Al-Shabaab or Al-Qaeda, I don’t really care! This was merely a courtesy call”

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Sounds really great Kev! Gotta start from the beginning though to get a better understanding.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Nice work, you're doing a great job of using Rossini as the mastermind here

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#4  Edited By Joygirl

Hmmm. I think I missed something somewhere. What did Ed do?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Ed had stuff on his computer. Eric hacked the Nexus data base in their raid in Puerto Rico and found it...it's kinda implied, there is going to be an explanation next chapter on what Eric found and stuff...it is kinda ambiguous now that i re-read it. Trying to build the tension and sometimes the brain is faster than the fingers and the message gets blurred. Hope that clears it up

@joshmightbe: He's nearly 90, looks like he's 40 and he's in charge of a multi-billion dollar company. In my head he's Charles Foster Kane/Rupert Murdock/Ted Turner who has enough money, clout (political and financial) and can dictate his company's agenda. And if the President doesn't like it, he'll just put in someone new who will do as they are told. He's not really evil, but most bad guys never think they are

@TheWholeDamnShow: Well the first seven chapters are attached at the top for easy reading. Nice to have you back :)

Not one, but two chapters 7-8 for you to cast a discerning eye over :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@batkevin74 said:

“Get off” he shrugged her off “We also need to get into their computers, so once inside you two do the breaking, while I go play on their website and hack their database for any secrets that really need airing”

3 days later, Nexus Headquarters, New York City, 2038

Dr Ed Quinn sat in the Helen Keller room, chaining a series of cigarettes. Dr Emil Rossini sat across from him holding a cup of tea, it rattled with rage as he tried to keep his anger in check. Agent Johnson stood near the door.

“I thought it was safe!” whimpered Dr Quinn as he slowly rocked back and forth.

Dr Rossini glared at him and placed his tea on the table with a thump “You thought keeping proto-testing records on your personal computer was safe? You should’ve destroyed them!”

“I know!” he yelled.

“No…you know that now” Dr Rossini “Why were you keeping them Ed?”

“I don’t…” he was about to lie when he caught Emil’s eye “I was keeping them as an insurance policy”

“So in case your job was ever in jeopardy?” said Dr Rossini

“Yes!”

“Well how does it feel that your life is now in jeopardy, not just your job?” Dr Rossini stood up “Agent Johnson is going to ask you some questions in a few moments, because what you’ve done classifies as treason”

“I’m sorry” Dr Quinn cried.

“Of course you are” said Dr Rossini calmly “Because your past has caught up with you. You serve as a cautionary tale” Dr Rossini left the room, giving Agent Johnson a slight nod. Agent Johnson smiled and headed over to the crying, shell of a man. Dr Rossini exited the Helen Keller Room and waited for the lift. He pulled out his phone and dialled.

Here you go...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

@batkevin74: Clears, it, thankz. ^_^

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Rossini does have a clear goal that he believes will make the world a better place tho only he and one other guy fully know what it is. I actually brought the other into the current continuity in The Corps but no one seemed to notice.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: His brother...Henyrk right?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Yes he was the old guy who took down the Psion with a bit of tech after he kicked the crap out of my team

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Well I'm paying attention :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Once Rossini finds out he's still alive it'll be bad news for the Zoo

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: I'll let you deal with that gem! At the moment I'm just getting Rossini to a point where by 2041, he's the MAN!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

cool!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped because chapter 9 is going up!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty cold -- casually announcing the eminent deaths of one thousand people in a few hours and making the President of the United States his b*tch.

Nice.

Oh -- awesome line here too:

Winston smiled and reached into his pocket and pulled out a bullet “Next time we cross paths” He flicked the bullet at Arkady “You’ll get an express version of that! Have a nice day

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped