Splicers: Chapter 2 - Purgatory (1 of 3)

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SyIar

Chapter 2: Purgatory (Part 1 of 3)

North Gamage, Louisiana

"Did you miss me beautiful?"

Tin Man is standing over a bound woman sitting on top of a chair in her lit up apartment. Her eyes fill with anger as she slowly stares off beyond Tin Man.

"Tin Man... Even after all this time your voice still makes my skin crawl. How's the team nowadays? Oh, that's right I almost forgot. Awwww.... you must be so sad and lonely. Come over here and let Plaything make everything all better."

The woman sings in a playful yet deceiving voice.

"Cut the crap Plaything. Your powers have no effect on me. My skin is impenetrable, even to your special talents. You would think after so much time trying you would learn that it's not only a waste of your time, but mine as well."

Tin Man replies as he slowly walks back and forth in front of Plaything engaged in a stack of papers in his hands.

"We can still pretend can't we? You know how much I like to pretend."

Plaything responds as she smirks and poses giddily for Tin Man as she slowly quivers her body back and forth.

"You're not nearly as hot as you think you are Stella. I have always wanted to tell you that."

Laughs Tin Man as he tosses the stack of papers in Playthings direction.

"What do you want from me a**hole?"

Questions Plaything as she angrily pouts in her chair.

"Purgatory... Where is it this year?"

Tin Man stares deep into the eyes of Plaything as she lowers her face.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Last time I had anything to do with that, you broke my jaw in three places."

Hisses Plaything as she stares back at Tin Man.

"Only three, huh? I do hope you forgive me. I was much more hesitant to hit a woman back then. Ask me how hesitant I am now?"

Tin Man punches Plaything in her face with all his might. The second his fist meets her jaw, his knuckles phase into a metallic tone creating a large cracking sound as it plants itself against her jaw. The second his fist retreats her face, it changes back to normal. She lets out a loud yelp as he studies his unharmed and unscathed hand.

"I swear Tin Man... I really don't know. As soon I was released I got clean and I have tried my hardest to turn my life around. I'm a Christian now for Christ's sake!"

Screams Plaything in horror as Tin Man raises his fist again.

"A Christian, huh? Tell me Stella... how does one go from kidnapping psycho who forces her super-powered prisoners to fight to the death for her own entertainment to God fearing Christian?"

Playfully remarks Tin Man as he watches Plaything flinch in pain from another one of his blows, this time landing directly against her nose.

"Fine! I'll tell you... just stop!"

Screams Plaything as bright, crimson blood gushes from her dark brown face.

"It's here this year.... back where it all started."

Calmly answers Plaything.

"North Gamage, huh?"

Replies Tin Man in a grim, unsettling voice.

"Damn straight, North Gamage..."

New Paso, Texas

4 YEARS AGO

"And I though what we did was sick."

Imp boasts as him and the rest of the team (Spider Light) view a tape recording in an observation room. Lit on the screens are people fighting an intense and ruthless battle inside of a large copper cage. One of the fighters is an abnormally tall and thin woman with a large sword. She swings it at the second fighter as he dodges underneath it and shoots fire from his hands into her direction. It ignites her instantly, which causes her to whither to the ground in immense pain. As she succumbs to her death, the man cries to himself in the corner of the arena as a large crowd cheers and chants from the outside of the cage.

"This isn't right..."

Whispers Cupid as she grasps N+17's hand in solace.

"Nothing ever is Petite Fleur."

Answers Bette Noire as she lights a cigarette in a cold and uncaring manner.

"If you ask me I think it's pretty damn beautiful."

Laughs Rushmore as he motions his hands in cheer, mimicking the crowd.

"Oh, is that so? Care to elaborate Rush? Can you please explain to me and the rest of us how this can possibly be beautiful?"

Cupid angrily strays from the screen as she aggressively walks up to him.

"Here we go again..."

Whispers Tundra as she sips her alcoholic beverage from the background.

"Do you have something to say to me? Don't be shy kitten. Tell me whats on your mind.... Give me a reason to shut you up."

Barks Cupid as she focuses her attention to Tundra.

"You want to know whats on my mind? Whats on everyone's mind? Fine. I think you're weak and foolish. I think you like to pretend that you are some type of hero even though you kill people for a living, which if you ask me darling is pretty pathetic."

Smirks Tundra as she calmly and causally swishes her drink around.

"We only kill the bad ones..."

Responds Cupid as she pants heavily from the confrontation.

"Oh poor child. You don't really believe that do you? Hahaha...... This is heart breaking. It's like telling a child there is no such thing as Santa Claus."

Giggles Tundra as she lifts her drink to take a second sip. Just before the glass reaches her lips, Cupid draws her bow and shoots an arrow directly through the crystal glass.

"Oh no she didn't."

Growls Tundra as she shoots a giant blue mist from the palm of her hands into Cupids direction, enveloping the rest of the team in the process. Just before the mist reaches Cupid, Tin Man enters the room.

"ENOUGH!"

He shouts as he studies the team.

"When is this going to end? We are all here on this team for different reasons, but I doubt they are truly different. The money, the killing, the targets. It doesn't matter. We are a family now. We depend and gain from eachother. We protect eachother... and we sure as hell don't threaten eachother."

Points Tin Man as he faces Cupid.

"I'm going to find Purgatory and destroy it along with the people who run it."

Coldly replies Cupid as she places her bow back on her back holster.

"Like hell you are."

Responds N+17 who releases her hand.

"I'll be back before Archie sends us another target. I promise."

Whispers Cupid as she gently plucks N+17's cheek.

"Fine. Then i'm coming with you..."

Nods N+17 as he picks up his gear from the floor.

"We're assassins, not a rescue squad. You both will do no such thing. Stand down."

Orders Tin Man as he rises to face the duo.

"Fine. Then we quit."

Calmly smirks Cupid as she walks pasts Tin Man, towards the exit. To her surprise, she is on her own.

"I'm sorry babe. But I just...can't."

Gloomily answers N+17 as he lowers his head in shame.

"Fine..."

She disappointingly responds as she heads towards the door.

North Gamage, Louisiana

Cupid is patiently standing in front of a large building with metallic doors and windows. The building is centered at the center of a large air field. She curiously studies the building before pulling out her weapon.

**Swish***

She shoots an arrow attached to a delicate white cloth directly above her. It crashes through one of the shiny windows as a loud alarm rings uncontrollably throughout the base.

"No turning back now..."

Cupid sighs as she climbs the the gentle, yet firm cloth with ease and haste.

As she climbs higher and higher she looks down from her position to see small black dots circle the broken glass and three unconscious guards at the bottom. They see her and open fire with gaping machine guns.

"Shoot all you want boys. If you want me you have to come up here to get me."

Thinks Cupid as she reaches the base of the broken window. As she stares off eagerly towards the exit she lowers her pack and raises her hands. She waits for a several seconds before gasping in boredom.

"Seriously?"

She annoyingly crosses her arms as she listens for any sign of her fellow captures.

***Smash!***

A large group of men in black camouflaged suits enter the room, aiming their weapons directly at her. As the commanding officer of the team confronts Cupid she quickly raises her hands in surrender.

"What do we have here?"

Questions the general as he plays with a large strand of Cupid's sleek black hair between his fingers.

"I'm a splicer terrorist. Like the ones you see on the news. My only goal here was to cause lots and lots of damage. If I were you I would put me down right here and now before I do something bad to you and your men."

Sarcastically replies Cupid as she raises her eyebrow in the generals direction. The General laughs than puts his walkie talkie to his lips.

"Plaything. It looks like we might have found ourselves a late guest to our party."

The general smirks as he studies Cupid.

"We were just about to take off. Send our special guest in, i'm sure we have more then enough room."

A woman's cold voice trails through the walkie talkie.

"She still thinks we don't know."

Smiles the general as he whispers into the communication device.

"Haha. Damn. Go ahead and inform Cupid before sending her up."

Screeches the woman's voice before the line cuts off.

"They? They know who I am? Something's not right here."

Nervously thinks Cupid as she slowly places the palm of her hand on her bow.

"You came here to learn the destination of Purgatory so you can infiltrate it, right? What if I told you Purgatory came her just to come and get you? What if I told you we have been watching you and your team for a long time now in the hopes to add one of you to our little game? What if I told you that you just walked into a trap and there is no possible escape?... All aboard!"

Laughs the general as Cupid draws her bow. Before she could shoot an arrow at her target, the general runs at her with super speed and punches her, knocking her out unconscious.

"Oh God.."

Cupid's eyes slowly flutter open as she studies her surroundings. She's on the rooftop of the large metallic building being carried by her arms by two soldiers. Directly in front of her is an enormously large blimp, slowly floating in the sky right beside the rooftop. The blimp glitches in and out of invisibility as a blue electric charge surges around the blimp.

"Purgatory is in the sky. That's how it has been able to stay undetected for so long...."

Thinks Cupid as she stares at the large airship in awe.

"Amazing isn't it? Don't you worry doll. You and Purgatory will be greatly acquainted before the nights over. That's a promise."

The general smirks as he pushes cupid into the direction of the large airship. As the blimp hovers towards the group a large vault door opens revealing a loud and blood thirsty cheer from inside the blimp.

"I am so screwed."

Thinks Cupid as she approaches the docking doorway.

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rusty_Irons

Good chapter.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

just added it to the library good job

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar: This is good. You do have some odd spacing/grammar at times@SyIar said:

"I don't know what you are talking about. Last time I had anything to do with that, you broke my jaw in three places."

"Only three, huh? I do hope you forgive me. I was much more hesitant to hit a woman back then. Ask me how hesitant I am now?"

Tin Man punches Plaything in her face with all his might. The second his fist meets her jaw, his knuckles phase into a metallic tone creating a large cracking sound as it plants itself against her jaw. The second his fist retreats her face, it changes back to normal. She lets out a loud yelp as he studies his unharmed and unscathed hand.

But it is very good. When I get my act together I so want to use N+17 and Spider Light in an Orwell crossover :)

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SyIar

@tmacximas: @joshmightbe: Thanks.

@batkevin74 said:

@SyIar: This is good. You do have some odd spacing/grammar at times@SyIar said:

But it is very good. When I get my act together I so want to use N+17 and Spider Light in an Orwell crossover :)

Thanks! Will try harder to pace myself more when writing so that it doesn't come out too bad. Thanks again guys.

PS.

I also forgot the name Spider Light in the title, so sorry if there was any confusion.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar: I thought it was Spider Light :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam

Had to read it twice. Too tired to focus. Good chapter, though.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@SyIar: I just assumed it was spider light so I put it under the first chapter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@SyIar: Bumped

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SyIar

@joshmightbe: @batkevin74: Thank you guys. Been busy, but I plan to give you guys some feedback to your stuff as well. I appreciate it.