Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Title: Red Steel #3: Showdown! Part 3

Author: Rabbitearsblog

Universe: X-Men

Rating: T - For strong violence

Summary: Now that Colossus has discovered the true motives of his new friend Jerome, he will soon be in an epic battle that will determine the fate of Earth as Nigel's plans come to light and an alien invasion is threatening the world!

Notes: Please be gentle with the criticisms! :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read the previous chapter.

Chapter 3: The Truth about Nigel Faust

As soon as Nigel’s airship landed at his headquarters and Nigel and his guards got out of the airship, they immediately ran to Nigel’s office and dumped Red Steel and Jerome on the floor. Nigel then walked over to his desk and grabbed a glass of water that was sitting on there. He then dumped the water on Red Steel and Jerome causing them to wake up. As the two friends began sputtering out the water, they then slowly began to raise their heads up to see where they are.

“Awake now?” asked Nigel coolly.

Jerome coughed a few times and then said, “Yeah, your so-called wake up call really was so comforting to us.”

Nigel just smiled coldly and said, “It’s so “gushingly” good to have you two here.”

“What do you want from us?” asked Red Steel through gritted teeth.

“Oh, I want nothing more than to “eliminate” anyone who gets in the way of me accomplishing my plans. Plans that I had set up ever since the day I took in Jerome to work as my personal assistant… a decision I regretted greatly,” muttered Nigel.

“So, what? You caught me now, so are you just going to gloat about how you outsmarted two of New York City’s most popular saviors? Which I would be very interested in hearing about, by the way,” Jerome said sarcastically.

“Touchy, touchy. Well, I might as well take this opportunity to gloat about my plans, since you two so-called “heroes” will not be around much longer to see them come to fruition,” Nigel said coldly.

Nigel then took a deep breath and began his story, “Yes Jerome, you did see me talking to a blue guy that day. But, this was no ordinary “blue guy,” oh no. This “guy” as you like to call him, was an alien commander who promised me the chance of world domination and he is known as Commander Zoid!”

“Commander Zoid?” asked Red Steel.

“Yes, Commander Zoid. You never heard of him since you are more concerned with the Shi’ar Empire and such, but he is apart of a great alien race called the Gorkian Race that pride themselves in being the most elite alien race in the universe! For many years, I had always believed that I was destined to rule Earth, but I knew that even though I was a prodigy in my field, I could never attain that level of power with wits alone. So one day, while I was conducting business deals with the Natural Resources Division, I received a call from a mysterious person and it turned out that this person was none other than Commander Zoid himself!

“Commander Zoid then proceeded to discuss matters with me concerning Earth and its citizens and about how I could change the world with his help. At first, I was skeptical about an alien contacting me on Earth, but since we also live in a world full of “mutants,” I decided to suspend my disbelief and listen to what Commander Zoid had to say. It was then that Commander Zoid told me about how his warriors on the Planet Gork needed the Earth’s natural resources to create powerful weapons that will make his army stronger and if I kept sending him Earth’s natural resources, then he will reward me by making me the ruler of Earth!”

“So, what does that make you? An alien spy or something?” asked Jerome with scorn.

“Oh, but you are so far from the truth! You see, I am not an alien, but I am just like you and Red Steel here. Allow me to show you.”

Nigel then slowly went to Jerome and suddenly grabbed him by his collar, lifted him up in the air and then placed his other hand on Jerome’s chest. Nigel’s hand then started to glow in an eerie blue color and Jerome started whimpering painfully as he felt his energy being taken away from him.

“I have the ability to take away life energies from any victim! It is unlike that “Rogue” woman that the X-Men have in their group as I not only become stronger as I steal people’s energies away, but I can turn them into dust once I drained every last energy!” Nigel laughed wickedly.

“LEAVE HIM ALONE!” screamed Red Steel as he struggled to his feet.

But then Red Steel found himself being pulled by a strong energy force and he was thrown roughly to the floor.

“Oh, did I forget to mention about the energy field I had installed in my office? It can bring down anyone who tries to threaten me while I “play” with my victims,” Nigel said as he continued sucking away at Jerome’s life energy. “You see, I could have used it on you earlier Red Steel, if that’s what you call yourself these days. Yes, I knew you were “Colossus” a long time ago, which was way I chased after you. Of course, I never would have expected you to put on a red cape and pretend you are the red version of “Batman.” Oh, and by the way, I contacted Commander Zoid before I brought you two over here, so he and his alien army will be here any moment to destroy all the citizens of Earth! Goodbye, Red Steel.”

Nigel then pulled a level beside him while still holding Jerome and the floor beneath Red Steel gave way and Red Steel began falling through the floor into a deep abyss.

“RED STEEL!” yelled Jerome, still struggling against Nigel’s grip.

“Oh, don’t worry about him. You and me got some “unfinished” business to attend to,” said Nigel as he dropped Jerome to the ground.

Jerome started coughing a bit and then said with a strained voice, “Unfinished business?”

“Yes, it seems you were doing a little “spy” work right under my nose. I could have killed you by sucking all of your energy dry, but I want to fight you…TO THE DEATH!” Nigel yelled out.

Jerome then slowly stood up and then two daggers suddenly materialized out of his hands. Jerome then growled towards Nigel, “Bring it on then, punk!”

Meanwhile…

In an old junkyard off the coast of New York City, the Avengers and the X-Men were finally waking up after the effects of the gas wear off. Logan then got up, rubbed his aching head and said, “Man, what just happened?”

“I think that Nigel guy just hit us with some gas that knocked us out,” said Bobby.

“Where’s that “Red Steel” guy?” asked Iron Man.

“I don’t know, but we got to go after him and Nigel before something terrible happens,” said Captain America.

“Wait! Listen, about Red Steel,” started Kitty.

“Yes?” asked Captain America.

“Cap, we gotta talk,” said Logan.

Meanwhile…

Down in the sewers of New York City, Red Steel suddenly came up out of the water. He then began looking around the sewers, wondering how he got down here. Then he remembered that Nigel pulled a lever, which caused him to fall down into the sewers. But that was not all he remembered, Red Steel also realized that Nigel had just contacted the alien army and that they were coming to Earth in a few moments!

It was then that Red Steel realized that he must somehow stop Nigel’s tyranny from coming true and he started running through the sewers. When Red Steel finally found an opening that was covered by a steel bar manhole at the top of the sewers, he then said to himself:

“All right Nigel, you have made yourself known in this world…NOW IT’S MY TURN!”

Next Chapter: Part Four

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided