Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS, AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Marvel Genesis

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine- Prologue

Year 1954, Time Unknown.

Project X facility....

Well, whaddya know. I'm stuck in this pile of glass case which I couldn't even get out. My mind always went blank and I find myself in total darkness. First of all, I neva liked these eggheads screwing my mind as always. You wanna know the secret behind their true motives? Let me just say this, I got nothin' to loose but I wish I had escape from this test tube and slashed them myself. They keep controlling me as if I were an animal. But it's the truth, I was born an animal.

I heard the eggheads talkin' to each other. They were sayin' things like animal testing which I couldn't quite catch of their scientific words. If ya ask me, I neva had the chance to learn science back in those days. Yea, I was just a normal kid who was born with animal features. People were scared the $h!t outta me. I didn't know what to do back then. Like I said, I got nothin' to loose.

It's the action that really counts. I heard the person who goes by the name, William Stryker. I also heard he was a bad@$$ military soldier. Now he's takin' charge of some Team X operations or group as I recall it. How do I know these things? Because I heard every single word while I slept. Huh! That's right. These eggheads may be smart enough to torture my mind but not smart enough to know that my ears are playing it right. Ya gotta keep these ears comin' for granted. Because you will only listen to the sound of their voice. Huh! Scientists, these days. When will they ever learn?

"How's the test subject doing?" said William Stryker furiously. One of the scientists was quite nervous and sort of shaky at the moment. Even though I can't see him properly. But I can only hear the sound. "He's doing fine, sir. The test subject have gone numerous changes due to the adamantium bonding process."

This adamantium, they were talkin' about. It's one of the strongest metal on Earth. Yea, I gotta tell ya. It ain't pretty. They bonded to this metal to ma bones just like that. It was a painful experience though. Not that I really wanted to scream out in pain but I just really want to get the f*ck outta here. I also wanted to show these people, including the young man, Stryker of what I'm really made of.

"Begin the training session. I want to see more results of this test subject called Wolverine. Understand?" said the young soldier. "Yes sir!", said the scientist nervously. His toughness always comes out from his mouth. Stryker has the shape of being a soldier who served World War 2 in those days. The wars which I have fought for. It didn't turn out the way it was used to be. You wanna know why how and when I got drafted to become part of this wild goose chase? I will tell ya all about it. Once, I get outta here and slash my way through.

I was taken to a training session room. It was bright alright. I couldn't see even if my eyes were heightened as always. It's like I'm in heaven. But this place ain't heaven. I would definitely say it's h*ll. Yea, tell me about it. I was forced to do some nasty things for these guys. I wouldn't want to do it if I were you. But I just had no choice. I neva knew what these guys did to me. I was the first person who became part of their dangerous experiment. I heard some pretty wild stories which were happenin' around this place. You wouldn't want to know. The training began. I fought well against the Shiva robots. These tin cans neva fought good as usual because they don't have a shred of human life in them. If ya ask me, I used to have a human life.

After the training session was over, I was called in for my first assignment. "Wolverine!" shouted Stryker. "I want you to kill someone for me. Someone who is our biggest enemy. Got it?" Ya got that right. I listened to the big guy but neva said a word. I neva liked this guy in the first place ever since I first met him. He was quite young alright at his age. But I wonder if this guy will ever give up on doing the nastiest and $h!ttiest things to me. I guess I have to find out.

"I want you to kill Captain America." Cap? When I heard that word, I was quite surprised that these guys wanted to kill him for good. I heard this Cap guy was a hero and a soldier. He was also part of the experiment called "Project Rebirth" where eggheads create super-soldiers just like Project X. I couldn't say if these branches of government programs are quite the same. But I guess it would be slightly different in rare cases. I didn't ask why I should kill Cap for. Whateva the reason these guys are havin' on their minds, I would like to find out though. But if I asked too much questions, they may find out the traces of my soft side in me. Ya know what? I neva had a soft side for anyone. Not even Cap.

I went out in the jungle and it looked sunny as ever. I used to remember this place. But I was neva quite sure of it. With my equipment on and my tracking sensors intact, I would definitely find this Cap guy in no time.

While I was walking through the trees, a man came from behind one of them. He had a shield alright. Yea, the American Way. A man who's been fighting for his country. Just like me.

Cap was coming in front of me. It was the first time that I met Cap through this jungle. Or is it? I asked him personally of why he came here. He said that he wanted to bring down Project X for good. I told him for what reason. But he neva answered. I begin to protrude my adamantium claws.

SNIKT! SNIKT!

"RAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOORRRRGHHH!"

Cap used his shield and protected himself from my claws. He said his shield was made up of vibranium and not even my adamantium claws could slash it through. I had to find another way out to finish this Cap guy off. I began to duck down and slashed though the side of his legs.

"RRAAAAAAAAA!"

SLASH!

"AHHH!" the Cap cried out. He fell down to his knees and used the shield again for protection. But this time, I jumped over him and slashed his back.

"AHHHHH!"

I have the tricks on my sleeve. Sometimes, you may neva know what would come right at ya.

"RRRAAAAAA!"

CLANK!

"Is this what they did to you?"said the Cap. I kinda knew what they have done to me at this point. But like I said, I neva got a choice once in ma f*ckin' life. I slashed and slashed through the Cap's shield to see if any difference can come out of it. After several tries, I jumped over but Cap managed to hit on my gut. I fell down to the ground. Cap took his shield and began to point at my neck.

"Listen to me...Logan. They're using you. Just like me." At first, I thought I was the only one who was being used by the government. But is Cap telling the truth? I also wonder how he knew my name. I asked him. Cap said that he served with me during the attack against a powerful enemy called the Red Skull. I used to remember that name before. But I seemed to know all this in my head. Sometimes, I can't even tell of which is real or not. This doesn't make any sense.

When he took his shield off from me, I began to slash through his body. Let's just say that I ignore those Cap's words. Yea, the tricks always work the way they do. I began to slash him over and over until his dying breath. He began to say something to me that I have neva quite expected.

"Logan...I know...what you're going through. But...you don't...even know the half of it." When I heard those dyin' words, I felt like I was doing something wrong here. I neva knew what I was doing back then. But now, it seems to be clear. I can't quite catch it.

"What you're sayin' bub?" I said. "That I was being used to kill you and others?" Cap told me everything but sometimes I get the feeling that he might be lyin' just to get to me and destroy Project X. It ain't gonna happen any ways.

"I'm sorry, bub. It ends here and it ends now." Cap somehow agreed to me and said that this place wasn't real. But still, I neva listen to his dying words. He could still be lying for all I know.

"Just do...it, Logan. Kill me and you...will understand of what...is actually going on."

"You gotta be kiddin' me. I thought you were gonna finish off Project X."

"It's true. I was...being sent here to destroy...Project X. But...I just want to tell you...that you shouldn't let...these people use you. But this is place isn't real."

"No, you...you're real. This place is real!"

"No...Logan. This place is the actual training simulation. It's all in your head. I'm in it, too. It's all...in...Ahh..."

Cap died and I was quite shocked of what he had said. If he was telling the truth. Then...

"WRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGOOOOOAAAAHHHH!"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"What's going on? questioned the soldier. The scientist was confused and said, "Sir, I don't know. It's some kind of malfunction override. I..."

"WRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

SMAAAAASH!

"What the..." Stryker was confused and began to order his men to take me down. Not only that, the scientists were terrified I broke out of the glass cage and had to use those steel crowbars to hit me.

I slashed and slashed through every scientist on the block. Stryker's men began to take many shots on me but my healin' factor kicked in. I gotta give thanks to these eggheads of what they did to me. Nice goin' eggheads.

"WRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHH!"

I slashed every soldier while I was running through the Project X facility. These guys are nothin' but rats in the sewer cage. My mind began to go blank as if I don't know where I'm goin' to.

"FIND HIM! WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE OUR TEST SUBJECT! FIND HIM NOW!" screamed Stryker. But one of his men said I killed so many of them in the Project X facility. I was their top priority even though I managed to kill so many of these people.

I slashed through a wall as hard as I could. It gave me the strength to smash it. But my mind began to fade away as I remember my old memories. I was running away through the jungle like a wild animal. Sometimes, I wonder where I'm gonna go. Sometimes, I get confused of...what's happenin' to me.

"WHAT'S HAPPENIN' TO ME?!" WRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 1- The Wild Side.

What's this? Logan just escaped from the Project X facility? What will become of our favourite future Canadian hero? How will Stryker capture him? Find out in the first and exciting chapter of Wolverine. You don't wanna miss this, bub. SNIKT!

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@The Impersonator: Very nice start to your story. I liked the inner monologue, it was very well written. Good start and I can't wait to see more.
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator
@Mechanical_Ape: Thanks, bub!  :)
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

I like where you're going with this

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe: Thanks!
spaceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By spaceboy

Great work.
The Wolverine title is in good hands.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Impersonator
@spaceboy
Thank you!
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By moviegeek17

fantastic prologue man, i'll read ch 1 tomorrow! i have to get to work on my script tonight.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Impersonator
@moviegeek17: Thanks, bub! 
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@The Impersonator said:

"I want you to kill Captain America."

Very cool, nice easy writing style, very well down Impersonator.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts