Marvel: Genesis - Spiderman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

Well, with me what you see is what you get. Okay, maybe not. I could have said that a week ago, when I was normal, glasses-wearing, girl-repelling, high-school-dork Peter Parker. When I didn’t have these weird powers-thingy that I have to keep a secret from everyone else, I mean, do you know how freaked out I was when I discovered I could stick to walls? ROSIE O’DONNELL SIZED SURPISED. Not saying Rosie’s fat or anything but she can afford to put down the big mac and pick up a running machine. Heck, even running to get the running machine and then not using it would be enough. Alright, I’ll admit it. That was harsh, blame it on puberty or these weird heightened senses I have that let me know when I’m about to get an atomic wedgie. Back on track, I’m a human spider. It’s the only animal that fits my power set. I can stick to walls and tell when I’m in danger! I’M A FREAKIN SPIDER! Do you know how exciting this is for a nerd like me? Want a hint? IT DOESN’T MORE EXCITING THIS! Well, I might not have been saying that a couple of days ago. See, this dude was like totally trashing New York and me having powers, should have gone to help, right? Same thing I thought, and I was! I totally was! But then I realised that I had no costume. Sucks, right? And I couldn’t run in with pantyhose over my head, I’d look like I was in it with him. Anyway, the cops finally got him and I was left feeling worthless. My school was nearby and it had to be closed for a week so the rubble could be cleared from the entrance so here I am, at home on a Wednesday morning. 

I think I’ll start off with the day when I got these awesome powers. It was last Wednesday, my alarm went off and I jumped out of bed only to find it was 8:45, my classes start at 9. I literally had to run out of the house half clothed. I was still putting my shirt on when the bus drove right past me! Naturally, I started yelling at the driver and when I had chased him down half a street he finally stopped. As the doors opened I saw the fat oaf taking some money off of Flash Thompson, not hard to see what went on there. What was worse was that nobody seemed to want to stop this prank. No-one likes Flash, no-one! And yet when he pulls a stunt like that, something only an immature little poop-head would, no one stops it. I hate high school, I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of teenagers say it but it’s not the school, It’s the idiots in it. I hate them. So anyway, I get on the bus and the first person that talks to me is Felicia Dugan, the most popular girl in school. She gets a lot of heat for talking to me, the only other person that I really talk to doesn’t even go to my school. My cousin Ben Reilly is in college, he’s from my mom’s side of the family and he’s like the big brother I’ve never had. Well, Felicia calls me over to make sure that I was still going with her to this science convention that her father was hosting. She needed someone to explain what all these uber-smart science guys were saying in simpler terms. I said I would even though the chances were I might not understand some of it. See, Felicia’s dad is Timothy Dugan who’s the top cop of the world. Only I know that about her, her dad rules H.AM.M.E.R which employs the smartest people around, if you don’t anything about H.A.M.M.E.R it’s basically a world peace organisation. It’s what helps keep America safe and since world war 2, we’ve been needing quite a bit of help lately and Felicia’s dad takes care of it. She doesn’t see him anymore, well didn’t. Over the past year or so he’s involved himself more in her life. 

Anyway, the bus finally pulled up to school and everyone raced for the exit, I swear there must have been like 30 of us trying to get down 3 steps at once. We somehow managed it and the rest of the school day just sort of flashed. Nothing bad happened to me, not even a wedgie.

It finally got around to about half seven and I left the house, uncle Ben gave me a lift to Felicia’s. We had her mom drive us over there, her dad’s never around and she has all these creepy hidden security details. If I spit on the floor, a sample would be recorded and sent through several H.A.M.M.E.R  computers, I eat anything here, little robots in the food will travel through my body gaining information. They know that I had a bad Tuna sandwich last week, okay, everyone in fifth period knows I had a bad tuna sandwich last week. Ms. Fischer gave me the day off because of it. So, we’re all dressed up and travelling to the exhibit, we get there and Felicia steps out. Her curled blonde hair dropping just past her shoulders and hanging on the white dress she had bought the week before. She looked more like a movie star than a high school student, it’s hard to believe she’s only 15. We entered the hall and there were so many scientists walking around, the one who seemed to attract the most attention was Norman Osborn, H.A.M.M.E.R’s chief scientist. He’s like 8 years ahead of his era, rumours that I overheard there were that he was working on some top project for U.S soldiers. His booth was just full of tanks housing different animals. He said that if he spliced the DNA of the insect with a human they would either gain superhuman powers or they would just flat out and die but if you gave the insect human DNA it would develop human characteristics. So, he put this spider, who had been mixed with human DNA into a tub full of spiders with normal spidery DNA and the human spider just started to walk over the other ones and started trying to climb out of it’s tub. Says much for the human race, huh? The spider is finally removed and Osborn said that it’s human characteristics would take away abilities such as biting away from it, he put it on his hand to demonstrate and sure enough it didn’t bite . When he called for volunteers to further prove this theory, I put my hand up. I wasn’t in any danger, Osborn had proved that just before so I went up and not even 1 second after it had been put on my hand the spider fricken’ bit me! Osborn immediately went into damage control saying that I was holding it wrong. He acted concerned alright, even sending me to two medics who were waiting on hand for any accidents caused. Last thing I remembered was walking halfway over to them and then tripping over someone’s foot before I fainted.

When I awoke in the hospital yesterday, Felicia was at my bedside. She told me that aunt May and Uncle Ben were downstairs getting a sandwich. I had been out for a whole week straight. H.A.M.M.E.R had bought the best doctors, it was bad for them that a kid had fainted after participating in one of their experiments. Osborn hadn’t been fired...yet. If it went any further he would’ve been but he’s still at H.A.M.M.E.R, I wouldn’t ruin a promising scientist’s career over one incident, and I think Felicia’s dad agrees with me. When we got home I tried to get a drink. I was so thirsty I gripped the glass so tightly that it shattered in my hand. I thought the glass was just weak and approaching it’s break date. When I tried to put the lemonade bottle down so I could grab a brush, it wouldn’t leave my hand. It just seemed to stick. That’s when I remembered the experiment at the expo, the spider had been given human DNA and so it would be a mix between a spider and a human. When it bit me, my body wouldn’t flush it out so it just became a part of me. I’m Peter Parker, part human, part spider. This is going to be awesome. But first, I need a costume.