User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

No Caption Provided
Marvel Genesis Presents:

Venom in Arrival 

Rating: M

Chapter One 

“Escape…”

A singular thought resonated through its mind. From inside the containment capsule, the specimen identified as #286 surveyed its surroundings. It was looking for a way out; any weakness it might exploit to make good on an escape. The roar of jet turbines filled the cargo hold of the H.A.M.M.E.R. carrier. Two guards sat on steel benches built into the flooring, rifles in hand. After several hours already of watching the ‘prisoner’ they had grown quite disinterested in the container entirely. The guards’ complacency would not be enough for it to finally be free from its captors. However, this fact did not detour it from the task at hand, for its mind was not affected by such trivial emotions like doubt or hopelessness. It was singularly focused; a focus so intense that it could only be described as alien.

To any casual observer there would be no indication that specimen #286 was contemplating escape, nor was even capable of contemplation at all. The guards saw only a thick, black liquid trapped behind secure glass. The tar-like substance would occasionally move on its own, sprouting a thin tendril or two as it shifted within the capsule. This was by no means a cause for alarm though.

One of the guards stretched his arms out over his head and looked around the hold. This one had been the most impatient through the flight.

“So we’re finally gonna be rid of this thing? ‘Bout time. Let those lab coats at Central deal with it. I’ve had enough of this assignment.”

The other guard made an obviously exaggerated sigh, shaking her head slightly.

“Jenkins, aren't you ex Marines?

“Yeah, why?”

“Then you should know when to shut your hole and not complain.”

Jenkins leaned back on the bench resting against the carrier’s hull. “No need to be a bitch Patricia. Just making small talk.”

“That’s ‘Robertson’ to you Jenkins. And save your small talk for those airheads at the bar. I’m here to do a job.”

Jenkins only smirked and looked at the containment capsule bolted to the floor between them. “You can’t tell me you’ve liked watching a ball of goo for the last 72 hours. When I signed up with H.A.M.M.E.R. I was expecting to see some real action. Instead they got me babysitting some alien snot ball.”

Patricia stomped her boot on the flooring, loud enough to overpower the constant sound of turbines. “And that’s exactly why this assignment is so damned important! It’s an ALIEN Jenkins! Do you understand the significance of that? We have no idea what it is or what it’s capable of. All we know is our lab team couldn’t even begin to figure it out. So that’s why we’re transferring it to Central. That’s why Dugan wants to see it. That’s why you need to sit back and enjoy the ride, because THIS is history Jenkins!”

“What is going on back here?”

Both guards snapped to attention as their superior entered the hold. Specimen #286 recognized the imposing figure and its single-minded focus on escape was briefly overcome with a undeniable seething hatred.

Patricia made a quick salute. “ Agent Smith.”

Daryll Smith glanced at the two guards and then at specimen #286. His composure was stern as he spoke “Is there a problem with our ‘guest’?”

Patricia was quick to answer “No sir. Agent Jenkins and I were merely having a discussion about the transfer of the alien.”

Daryll looked coldly at Patricia “I might suggest you remain vigilant, Agent Robertson. Keep the chatter to a minimum. You may believe this… ‘thing’ is harmless in that fishbowl, but it couldn't be further from the truth.” Daryll took a few steps closer to the capsule, examining the shifting black ichor inside. “I should inform you both it already killed two agents during the acquisition process. And one of our scientists was committed to H.A.M.M.E.R.’s mental ward after only brief contact with it.

Jenkins face grimaced “Jesus…”

Daryll turned around on his heels, not specifically addressing either agent as he continued. “It’s a nightmare given form. If I had it my way we would have fried it by now. But the Commander wants the top minds to tear it apart and figure out how we can use it. A big mistake in my opinion.”

Patricia lowered her head “Yes sir.”

A twisted grin appeared on Daryll’s face “Well, it’s not my choice to make. They want the thing at Central? They can have it. And it’s up to you two to make sure it remains secure till…”

Daryll’s words were cut short as the carrier was struck by an unknown force. All three agents were jarred by the impact, thrown to the flooring. An alarm began to sound in the hold and red emergency lights flared. Agent Smith managed to climb to his feet and activated the comm relay in his suite. “Pilot! Talk to me! What’s the hell just happened?”

The voice of the carrier’s pilot scratched over the comm. “We’re under attack by an unknown enemy. Nothing on radar sir. And that wasn’t a missile that hit us…”

“Get us out of here pilot! Take evasive action and get us…”

The frantic voice of the pilot cracking over the comm drowned out Daryll’s barking “Sir! It’s him! It’s Won…”

Another impact at the front of the carrier. The cockpit was gone; easily deduced as the aircraft made a swift forward dive. The three agents braced themselves and held to cargo netting just to keep from sliding down the length of the flooring.

“We have to get out of here sir!” Patricia’s eyes were solidly fixed on Daryll “NOW!”

“Open the cargo hatch Robertson and get us some parachutes! On the double! Jenkins, prepare the capsule for evac!”

“You’ve got to be f***ing kidding me! I’m not risking my life for…”

To specimen #286 the next few seconds were like a vivid eternity. There was an explosion directly below the cargo bay, presumably caused by the unknown assailant making sure his target was finished. The very floor disintegrated, exposing the bay to the open sky. Agent Jenkins was immediately sucked through the breach, plummeting to an inevitable death. Its containment capsule broke away from the floor mounting and was tossed about the hold. Finally the container smashed against the jagged metal sides of the gaping hole, jettisoning the shattered remains and specimen #286 towards the world below. It noticed Agent Daryll Smith attempt to leap after it, only to be restrained by Agent Robertson who frantically tried to secure a parachute to him.

As the alien entity fell towards the unsuspecting city of New York below, a singular thought enveloped its mind.

“Freedom…” 

End Chapter One 

VENOM AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS USED ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA OF MY PROPERTY THAT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE TO MARVEL INC
spaceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spaceboy

I like this one. 
Are we going to see Patricia again?

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nomadicxnightmare
@spaceboy said:
I like this one.  Are we going to see Patricia again?
Maybe. =P I have a few plans for her down the road. I love working with obscure characters. 

Now to get busy on the next part. XD
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
@nomadicxnightmare
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Excellent stuff!!! 

nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

Thank you sirs!

nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

Update: Added cover art, courtesy of the VERY talented DomDom! Great job and thanks!

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By moviegeek17

Great chapter! really curious to see who the symbiote bonds with :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

This is really awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers