Clark part 18

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/clark-part-17/740195/#7 also there are links to the previous 16 chapters in the comment section of that chapter.

I love College

Kansas State University, 1999

It had been a month since Clark had started school, thus far his agreement with Kenny to ignore each other was working fine. They'd barely said two words to each other since the semester began. Today Clark was at the library studying when a girl in a wheel chair rolled past him. Clark noticed the entire lower half of her was tightly wrapped in a blanket but made nothing of it. She was handing out flyers for a campus environmental action group trying to raise awareness of ocean pollution, Clark took one and slid it in his book bag before returning to his studies.

As he exited the building he noticed the girl tugging on the apparently stuck wheel lock on her chair as she sat close to the stairs and as she wedged it free the wheel bounced over the edge. Clark caught the chair before she tumbled over and put it back on the flat surface. She cursed, "Damn it, this stupid thing is more trouble than its worth."

Clark looked down, "I can fix that lock for you, if you'd like."

She adjusted her blanket and looked up, "Not your problem... Sorry, this chair is just taking some getting used to. Thanks for the save."

He shrugged, "No thanks necessary, I'm Clark by the way."

She grinned a bit, "I'm Lorri."

Clark and Lori spent a few hour talking, he had a really enjoyable day with her and she seemed to like him but after a while she became fidgety, started checking her watch every couple of minutes before finally announcing she had to go home. Clark looked disappointed, "Okay, umm, see you later."

She looked over and sighed, "Here's my number. And yes I'm free on Friday."

Clark smiled and stood to see her off.

Lori arrived back at her small house that was just off campus and pulled herself out of her car, it was a complicated process to preform alone. She had to pull her chair out from the back seat and open it beside the drivers side and remove a piece from the handle system she operated to work the peddles. After the process was over she rolled herself up the ramp to her front door and entered.

She then locked up and went to a wall that slid open to reveal a hidden room with a large salt water tank in the center. Lori rolled over to it and removed her blanket to reveal her fish like lower body. She then slid into the water with a sigh of relief.

Clark was lying on his bed reading a book when Kenny walked in. Clark got the sickly feeling in his stomach he always had when Kenny was around. Kenny looked over, "Saw you with the chick in the wheel chair, what, all the other girls get away too fast?"

Clark rolled his eyes, disgusted by him as usual.

(To be continued and yes that is Lori Lemaris)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

She then locked up and went to a wall that slid open to reveal a hidden room with a large salt water tank in the center. Lori rolled over to it and removed her blanket to reveal her fish like lower body. She then slid into the water with a sigh of relief.

Reminds me a bit of the movie Splash :)

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By thespideyguy

Great.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I'm following pretty close to her early comics appearances here, tho I'll be leaving out the more ridiculous silver age aspects.

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I'm glad, I've been trying to drop some Easter eggs in too, just waiting to see if anyone remembers who Kenny Braverman is.

@thespideyguy: Thanks

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I knew what you meant and I assumed many wouldn't know who Kenny was since he was a character invented during Zero hour and not a guy that's been around since the Gold, silver or bronze age.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I've hid some stuff in these chapters that only the geekiest of Superman fans would even notice, like his Girlfriend Lisa Davis from the early chapters is an actual character that probably hasn't even been mentioned since the early 70s.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

just waiting to see if anyone remembers who Kenny Braverman is.

I googled the name, actually.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Zearing

@joshmightbe: I did (he's a supervillain, I'm not going to say anymore as not to ruin it for anyone else), however since I haven't read any comics with him in them; I don't know anything about him other than what this site's wiki page says about him.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#13  Edited By cbishop

(To be continued and yes that is Lori Lemaris)

Of course it is! Added to my FF Long Box. :)