Character Creation Contest #1 - VOTING THREAD

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who entered, you all did great work. Secondly, I'd like to apologize in advance if the format of this is sort of choppy. I wasn't sure what the best way to do this was so bear with me. Okay so the way this is done is simple, everyone's story is place within a spoiler block underneath said person's name. Simply read the stories and leave a comment with the name of your choice.

Stories based on:

No Caption Provided

Entries:

batkevin74:

The boat gently rocked in the harbour. Robert sat at the far end of the table, his head hung low. His father, the captain of The Ranger, sat eating at the other.

“But why?” asked Robert, his tone a mix of confusion and pleading.

“Because that is how it is Robert” was his father’s stern reply

“Why?”

The cabin went silent, except for the lapping of the waves on the hull and the creaking of the boards. “If you weren’t my son I’d have you flogged for insubordination!”

“I will take my punishment,” said Robert as he looked up at his father “So long as you tell me why?”

The captain grumbled and ran his fingers through his thick black beard. “It is because that is how it is Robert. You cannot be Pope or King either”

“I could!” Robert stood “I could take the crown and become King. I could go to a monastery and learn about God and be Pope! I can learn how to be a doctor or I could even become a painter like mot…” Robert stopped talking as he watched the look wash over his father’s face at the mention of her “I can be anything, you told me that”

The captain looked at his son “Aye, but you can’t Robert. It’s not the done thing”

“Well I’m doing it!”

“NO SON OF MINE IS GOING TO BE A NINJA!” roared the captain as he upended the table in anger “Pirates DON’T become ninja’s!”

Robert stared his father down. He could hear the crew scrambling on deck “Father….Captain. I will be leaving the Ranger to study the ways of the ninja, whether you like it or not”

The captain’s hand clasped his cutlass “Don’t do this Robert”

Robert’s hand slowly went for his own weapon “I’m sorry, but I must”

Irishlad:

I still remember her tears dampening my vest as she gasped for breath, trying to utter the name of the one who took her from me "G...G" Her eyes shuddered as she fell back. It was as if she was sleeping, but I could never wake her up, as much as I shook, as much as I prayed or screamed there was no sound, no movement....no hope. For 5 years and 27 days I'd jailed my emotions, the only hope I knew now was for the man who killed her to die, and as I crouched behind the door peeping in the key hole , I cracked a crooked smile as he sat swinging in his chair,gazing at the ceiling. I clicked open the door quietly as I snuck into the shadows,I could have kicked the door,but I was a shinobi that wasn't how I was taught. I had been planning this moment in my dreams ,in my nightmares in every second of every day. I could feel my heart racing with each step,"just two steps more" I reminded myself,squeezing the blade tightly."Don't do it" a voice in my head screamed "I MUST" I screamed back as the man turned from his chair with a grin"It's a funny game life" I swiped across his throat causing the blood to spatter and dampen my vest, just as her tear did.I sit rocking on my chair, 60 years since that day and as the wrinkles carried wisdom I can't help but feel the voice was right.Killing the man did not make up for her,because he was nothing and she was everything.Can you forgive me God? is the question I ask every night as I gaze up into the stars.Will I get to see her beauty again or will I see the mans cold harsh smile laughing at me as my punishment for revenge.I can feel the shockwaves erupting through my chest "What is my Destiny?" I whisper " "Life can be funny" God whispers back as I push down the handle to enter the afterlife of the unknown.

cbishop

Being a ninja isn't all that. The people you work for are jerks, and talk to you like you're nothing, even though you could rip their heart out with the right punch, or cut their head off in an eye blink. They all think they're these evil grandmasters, moving ninjas like pawns against their enemies, when all they are, really, are some spineless cowards who want someone else dead, but don't have the guts or the skills to do it themselves. Yet they expect you to act with honor, because that's what they've seen in a hundred martial arts movies, or they think we're all bound by the mores of a culture that's thousands of years old. Give me a break.

The martial arts are part of our way of life, and I took to kung fu, because frankly, I liked the idea of being able to whip some ass. Turned out I was really good at kung fu. Also turned out I whipped ass on the wrong self important, self entitled bully one day, and he came back with a band of friends late in the night - some biker boy, Yakuza wannabes - and wiped out my entire family in retaliation. Missed me though, because I was with the bully's sister - the reason we had been fighting to begin with. Got back just in time to see them retreating into the darkness on a bunch of Yamahas.

So I buried my family, sold what was left of their holdings to interested buyers in Kyoto, and I went to the real Yakuza, offered all of my money to the biggest boss I could get to, and told him all I wanted in return was to be put in touch with some ninjas. He laughed, but amazingly enough, he arranged the meeting. I told them I wanted to be a ninja. They laughed, and then one of them tried to kill me. Like I said, I'm really good at kung fu, so one dead ninja later, and I started learning ninjitsu, and I've killed a lot of people since then. Just not the one I want.

VyseCarma:

United States of AmericaAgency:CIA.

Agent Name:Jericho Adoms

Code Name: Cold Case

Case # 183-322117

The shadows hid me, they always do, even in my light blue clothing. Tip from my mother, "Always work in the dead of night," thanks, Mom. Even in the busiest city in China, they can't see me at midnight if I hug the shadows. Rooftops are my greatest love, and I jump lazily from one lover to the next, Highschool all over again.

The target is some where ahead, in the tall building covered in gaurds that don't quite fit with the locals. At least I always get the fun jobs, anti-American terror cell not even the Chineese want in their country. Normally they'd care for this problem themselves, but they don't want the blood on their hands. Fine by me.

The first to gaurds are quick, clean, and silent, I still have kunai for this reason alone. Move passed, work my way up the stairs, hugging the walls. Two more gaurds coming down the stairs, AK's tucked under their arms. I wait for the first to pass and leap for the second, knocking him over the railing. The first turns to me, weapon raised, he manages to get a few rounds off before I move in close and stab him in the neck.

Thats my que to move before more gaurds come. I'm dashing up the stairs when the idea hits me. Elevator is faster.

Must have been an odd sight when the elevator doors swung open with no one inside, at least until I tossed the flash bang out from my hiding place, holding the roof by the way. The flash went off and I stepped out, well more of flipped out and rolled. Two kunai to the first gaurd, one to each of the others.

Then the man himself, cowering under his desk, didn't even bother to grab the pistol laying on it. Two rounds to the skull, like I was ordered. The Chinese police are looking into it, but I think the case will go cold.

Strafe Power:

What am I? The steel blade sliced through the air with a quick motion as crimson drops splattered on his clothes. A loud thud rung through his ear drums as he lowered his deadly weapon. Why am I doing this? He bowed his head in reverence as he cleaned his blade with the small silk cloth. He only wished that something could do the same for him. I want something more. The man stood erect over the cold dead pieces of his last opponent. The poor fool didn't have a chance.

I have to stop this. The man frowned behind the black mask that sat gently on his cheeks. He grew tired of the bloodshed and violence. He yearned for something more. There is no point. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked to the sky. His destiny was as clear as the tears welling in his hazel eyes. Bitterness was the only emotion present in his posture.

His face was worn with the pain and regrets of battle. The life of a solider is hard, but it must be done for the good of those he holds dear. Doubting that fact shows only weakness. Everything comes at a price....

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Irishlad

Are we aloud to vote for others?

Strafe Powers spoiler warning isn't in the block btw ;P

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Project_Worm
@Irishlad: Nope, you will have to chose... >:D 
I know... I can't seem to fix it.. 

edit* Never mind, took care of it.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Well since I can't vote for myself (I could but that's not how I roll) I cast my vote for for his ninja tale. Good job to and Strafe Power also. :)

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By VyseCarma

I'll vote for

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Project_Worm: Can I do a gold, silver, bronze? Gold: Silver: Bronze: If not, then my first vote is my vote. Well done everyone

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop

Batkevin.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Strafe Prower

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop

I know it's only the first contest of this type, but it might be easier to find if a mod would pin it temporarily. What's the possibility?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strafe Prower

@cbishop: Let's see!

Can we have this pinned please?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#11  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@cbishop said:

I know it's only the first contest of this type, but it might be easier to find if a mod would pin it temporarily. What's the possibility?

Possiblity? 100 to 1.

remember I'm the only mod with the label "Wiki and Fan-Fic" on their banner, but that might because I made the new banners...so I'm the one to call out if you need something done. the others will help where they can, but they don't know the section as well as I do...

@Strafe Prower: done.

@Project_Worm: I hope you don't mind, but I copied over the picture becasue I forgot what the stories were being based on...

I love them all, but I think I'll go with VyseCarma

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By wildvine

I'm voting VyseCarma

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

Hey we need some votes here, so if you've got a spare momento to cast an eye over this and have a vote, that'd be awesome!

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I vote Strafe-Power.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Strafe Prower!

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#16  Edited By GR2Blackout

@BumpyBoo said:

Strafe Prower!

THIS

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By feebadger

Their all great but i've got to go with for this one.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cbishop

@The Poet said:

@cbishop said:

Possiblity? 100 to 1.

remember I'm the only mod with the label "Wiki and Fan-Fic" on their banner, but that might because I made the new banners...so I'm the one to call out if you need something done. the others will help where they can, but they don't know the section as well as I do...

Thanks, Poet - I wasn't aware of the banner thing. I haven't learned all the site stuff yet. I blog and make lists, mostly.

VyseCarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VyseCarma

and Thanks for the votes :)

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: @BumpyBoo: @GR2Blackout:

Thanks for the votes :)

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@Strafe Prower:

You're welcome. :3 Good luck. :3 :3

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Sooooo just coz I spel bad, I don't make the cut?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By YoungJustice

Vyse for me.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Irishlad

Thank you very much for your votes

No Caption Provided

Oh also my vote goes to batkevin74

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Irishlad...When is the 2nd one coming?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cbishop

@Project_Worm: So when's the voting close? I knew there was something missing from the OP. :}

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Luster77

I'm rolling with Batkevin on this one......his father/son story line carries enough weight and substance to complete a full fledge story or ninja universe.....

He established action, intrigue, mystique, drama, and suspense at the same time presenting you with a boy's curiousity, a hero's theme and his first major villain....and he isn't even a ninja yet!! What a road Batkevin has put his character on, man...

Congatulations...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By batkevin74

@Luster77: thanks :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cbishop

In case anyone is wondering, the current vote is:

• 4 = Irishlad
  • 3 = Batkevin'
  • 3 = VyseCarma
  • 3 = Strafe-Power
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Project_Worm

Congratulations @Irishlad: you are our winner!! Special thanks to everyone who participated, and thank you  @The Poet: for pinning this. 

So, Ish whenever you are ready go ahead and create the next one. 

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Irishlad

:O I don't know how I won since everyone elses was 10 times better and thanks to everyone who voted.

Do I just find a pic on the internet, post it in a thread and call it Character Creation #2? :P

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#32  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Irishlad: when you decide on the next one, let me know and I'll do a switch-er-roo with this one so yours is pinned...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batkevin74

@Irishlad: Well done! Congrats!

If my slack-ass friends had pulled their fingers out I may of had you. Next time my pretty I'll get you...and your little dog too bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Project_Worm
@Irishlad: Don't sell yourself short bro, your story was great too. 

@The Poet: You can go ahead and drop this whenever.
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cbishop

@cbishop said:

In case anyone is wondering, the current vote is:

• 4 = Irishlad
  • 3 = Batkevin'
  • 3 = VyseCarma
  • 3 = Strafe-Power

: I owe you a big apology, dude: you were tied with Irishlad 4 & 4 on this contest. I just found the mistake, as I was making an index for the voting pages. Sorry, man.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: RECOUNT! REDRAW! REPEAL! I've been bambozzled, hornswoggled, diskabobulated and hoodwinked! Ahh what am I gonna do? Not much :)

It's happened, it's way over, was declared the winner, so leave it be. I may have to make a contest like 'Character Creation #6.5' to get my rightful vengeance, but all in all oh well

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By batkevin74

Ummm where is my 4th vote? I can only count 3 votes for me...so Irishlad's victory remains untarnised unless of course I am blind. Either way:

I declare IRISHLAD the rightful winner of this contest with no further claims upon it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74 said:

Ummm where is my 4th vote? I can only count 3 votes for me...so Irishlad's victory remains untarnised unless of course I am blind. Either way:

I declare IRISHLAD the rightful winner of this contest with no further claims upon it

In order, you got votes from: cbishop; Strafe Power; Irishlad; Luster77. Irishlad's vote is right under the picture of the puppy. I wasn't suggesting anything be done about it at this point. I just felt like I put the last scoreboard up before you were declared winner, and maybe that's what the winner decision was based on. But then, nobody else caught it either.

On another note, I found a mistake in another contest too, where a vote was counted twice, but the leader in that one won by a wide margin, so meh. At this point, those contests are done. I just felt I owed you an apology on the count.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: It's cool man, thanks :)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Irishlad

Thanks for the blessing, I'd be up for a challenge if you'd like as a tie breaker on who wins :P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By batkevin74

@Irishlad: Maybe you and I have a personal tiebreaker :)