Zenith and Nadir #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

15yrs ago

Professor Agnes Koletis watched as the white lab rat writhed in pain from the hydrochloric acid eating away it’s feet. It was a cruel, unethical, dangerous experiment but if successful it could change the world. The rat danced until finally a platform was lowered allowing it to leap to safety and lie down panting from the agonising pain.

Agnes noted the time and watched as the rodents feet began to regenerate the damage caused by the acid. Within moments what should’ve been a crippling permanent injury was a mere discolouration on the soles.

“Amazing!” Agnes cheered. “Did you see that Dr Xiphos?”

Above the room in a sealed observation room was Dr Orestes Xiphos; a thirty-ish Greek man with a slight greying goatee, who nodded in agreement.

“Good work, Agnes” He said via loudspeaker. “We shall start preparing for another round of tests once the data has been collated and reviewed.”

“I think we’re ready for human trials,” she replied as she observed the rat now fully healed.

“And I think you’re getting ahead of yourself,” Xiphos replied. “Send the data and prepare for more trials.”

Agnes Koletis wasn’t really listening. She was planning for the future.

13yrs ago

“That’s a human kidney,” Dr Xiphos stated as he walked in Professor Koletis lab. On the counter was indeed a human kidney in a beaker full of blue viscous liquid.

“Dr Xiphos! You can’t come barging in...”

“I can and I have, Agnes!” He barked making her flinch. “Have you moved to human trials without approval or consultation?”

“Not entirely,” she said evasively.

Orestes pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled. “Agnes...what am I going to do with you? Show me what you’ve got.”

-

12yrs ago

Dr Xiphos stood with three identical men; buzz cuts, black suits, mirrored sunglasses, as they inspected Professor Koletis empty lab.

“Thoughts Doctor?” Agent D asked.

“Explaining Agnes Koletis taking her research and keeping it for herself, is easy. She’s obsessed and wants to profit from her work. I understand that, hell I’d do it myself if the price was high enough.”

The trio looked at Xiphos; he simply shrugged off their cold stares.

“From what I know of Agnes, and where she was up to in her experiments, she’d have at least four cloned subjects ready for sale.”

D looked at him “What can her creations do?”

“They’re super soldiers from what we can tell. Grown people able to regenerate from horrific injuries. Imagine a front line soldier that could take a full M-16 magazine and then get back up.” Orestes said. “Nearly unkillable. How valuable would that be to an army?”

11yrs ago

(See CCC #38)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/character-creation-contest-38-1676338/#4

To be continued...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 1092

#2  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: A retroactive tie-in to CCC 38 and Shame Faced Crab Man? Very nice! And... did Xiphos also appear in something else? I was thinking the Mark series, but I went through the CCC entry, 0, and 1-5, but didn't find him. Just seems like I saw that name somewhere else.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: Xiphos was a tribute name to @impurestcheese one of her characters had the name so when I wrote Shame Faced Crab Man most of the names were taken from works of hers; Agnes, Ty Xiphos etc

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 1092

#4  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Ah, okay! Very cool. :)

Edit: Sending you a PM.