Youth #2 - Plan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D_AeroFlame_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Miss the last one? Read it here!

“...Right, well, that’s fair.” Dante quipped, his arms slowly crossing as he looked Arianna up and down. “So, if you’re a daughter of Zeus, why do you need our help? You’re literally a walking piece of divinity.”

“Yes, well, that’s the thing.” Ariana began, sheepishly twirling her hair with her index finger, the red curls wrapping about her finger. “I don’t really have power on the same level of other Demigods. I mean, I can’t go around throwing around mountains and stuff. I’m a little underwhelming, honestly. But I did get the whole lightning thing!” She said rather happily, smiling at the newly gathered group of heroes.

Katja looked back towards Ajax, who was still reading his book, seated next to Arianna’s chair. “So, we’ve all introduced ourselves and what not, but who’s he?” She asked, motioning towards the still seated boy.

“Oh, Ajax?” Arianna asked, raising an eyebrow. “Well, you see, he’s the grandson of the woman who owns this basement. Not to mention, he’s pretty much my best friend.” She rested a hand on his head, claiming him as her own!

Ajax pushed her hand off of his head, rolling his eyes with a bit of a smirk. “Uhuh, you too. Yes, I’m Ajax. I’m the one who did the actual spying because, as you can see, being discrete isn’t exactly Arianna’s strong suit.”

“N-Not to be rude but, uh...what’s your power? How are you gonna help us, exactly? And, Arianna, when you said those eyes never miss anything...did you mean Ajax?” The question, albeit a good one, was one unexpected, coming from the meekest member of the group, Rafael.

“Well, yes, Ajax is, essentially, my eyes. He does all the recon and scouting that I need and stuff. And as for powers...well. How do I explain this. He’s just...he just. He’s good at everything.”

“So he’s a genius?” Rafael asked, prodding further, trying to understand the enigma that was Ajax. He wasn’t speaking for himself, letting Arianna take the lead, and yet, it seemed as though he wasn’t flustered at all. He just didn’t seem to be a big fan of speaking.

“No, I mean, yes, kind of. It’s not like...well, let’s put it like this. He just gets things. For example, if something can be learned, he can learn it, pretty much instantly. But he can’t figure things out himself. Like, if the apple fell on his head, he wouldn’t be able to figure out gravity is a thing. But if Newton wrote a book explaining gravity, he’d fully understand the concept.”

Dante listened quietly, along with Katja. They both seemed to get what she was saying, but Rafael still seemed to be somewhat confused. Waving her hand, Arianna laughed. “But we aren’t here to talk about Jax! We’re here to talk about our hero team! First, Katja, when can you get those costumes ready? We’re gonna need four.”

“Give me four days, and I’ll have something beautiful for all of us to wear! Wait, four?” She raised an eyebrow at the number, going over everyone in her mind. “But...there are five of us?” Arianna shook her head abit, and raised a hand at the other girl. “Ajax isn’t interested in being a hero, he says. He’s gonna be...behind the scenes. Our backbone, if you will.”

“Before we get all these costumes ready, I have a question for you, Arianna.” Dante spoke up once again, staring into her eyes. “What are we gonna do about this city that the local heroes haven’t already done? I mean, it’s not like we have big guns to discourage crime, such as The Hulk, or even a Colossus. And we aren’t, exactly, a big name.”

“Oh, that’s easy! We beat up the bad guys until they learn that we don’t allow crime in our city!” Arianna responded, punching the palm of her hand with her right hand. “Any other questions? ‘Cause, if not, we meet again in four days! I’ll shoot you all a text...uhm. If you could all leave your contact information with Mrs. Vermillion, that’d be lovely.”

With that, the three other members of the hero group shuffled out of the basement, waving and saying their goodbyes to Ajax and Arianna. With a flustered sigh, Arianna flopped down into her chair. “How do you think it went, Jax?” She asked, her green eyes turning to him for approval.

“Well, you didn’t vomit, so that’s good. And it looks like they all believe in your cause, so maybe we’ll be good. But, as I always say, you aren’t doing things for my approval. It’s what you think that really matters. I just think it’s kinda lame you’re communicating with a superhero group via a group chat.”

Arianna flushed red, before turning away, biting the nail on her thumb. “Well, ya said you were going to have a way for us to communicate soon enough. Right?” Ajax simply nodded, before going back to his foot. “Just don’t rush me, I gotta figure out if it’ll work. Till then, go home. We can talk more tomorrow. By the end of the month, I intend to have you all out in the field.”

The young redhead snorted, before shaking her head, and standing. “Fine, fine. But, just so we’re clear, I’m the leader, not you. Gosh…” With a huff, the young woman left the room, departing from the basement.