Young Justice: E.I.C. - Part 5

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

It's been a LOOOONG time coming but it's finally here, the latest installment in the epic journey of your favorite fictional heroes!!! I'm just kidding... But yeah hope you enjoy! And like always, If you are new or simply want to check out a part that you may have missed, go ahead and head over to my E.I.C. - Discussion & Collection thread for links to all of the previously released parts. This Fan-Fic is rated T.

(Bermuda Triangle)

"Quick, lets get to the caves before something bigger shows up." Ricochet instructed.

"You have no right to be giving orders." Tommy barked. "We don't even know who you are!"

"I'm your ticket to survival, kid." Ricochet snapped back.

"We don't even know your real name! You just showed up out of the blue, and starting acting like you're in charge."

"Guys, this is not the time for an argument." Allie pleaded. "Seriously, lets find these caves, like, fast."

They swam swiftly through the waters, with Jesse trailing far behind, and moved toward the mass of rock before them that was Themyscira. From there, it was just a matter of finding the caves before something found them.

It was Flo who found an entrance. The team swam in after her climbing up out of the water into a cavern. The catacombs beneath Themyscira.

"Amazing…" Allie muttered, looking around at the crystalline rock glistening brightly around them.

"Everyone knows what to do?" Ricochet questioned.

"We went over the plan, didn't we?" Tommy snapped.

"Well since Flo is here, we need to change it." Ricochet kept his cool. "Just like before, Quiver and Answer, you two are with me. The three of us will take out the security system, while Knight, Impulse… and Flo, find their way to the memory core, using the catacombs as cover. Everybody got it?"

"Hold on, I don't think I should be sucked into this!" Flo argued.

"So you would rather stay here by yourself?" Jesse, or rather Impulse, inquired. Just then, a low growl erupted from the pool of water.

"Ah, Yeah I suppose I could help you guys." Flo sighed in defeat. "But I want a code name, since you all have one."

"Fine. You're Aquagirl." Tommy said in annoyance.

"Aquagirl? No, that's boring! I was thinking something more like-"

"Ok, Aquagirl, you're with Knight and Impulse. Get moving." Ricochet instructed, before taking off with Quiver and Answer.

"I'm changing that name later, you know." Flo said in disgust.

"Don't care. Let's get moving, we have to find out how to get to the memory core." Tommy began trudging through the caves. Impulse and Aquagirl followed after him.

The two teams went separate ways. "Listen Flo," Jesse started, "If we run into any trouble, just stay behind me and I'll-"

"Not necessary." She interrupted.

"Huh?"

Flo closed her eyes, and suddenly a blue glow shone over her. Once it faded, she was clad in a heavy blue torso armor, with no sleeves. Her legs were now sheathed in silver armor, and strapped onto her back were a pair of Atlantean swords.

"I can handle myself." She said confidently.

"Well, okay then."

(Themyscira – Mountains)

Ricochet, Answer and Quiver had exited the catacombs, and were now scaling up the mountainside. Ricochet was well ahead of the others, as he could just magnetize the rock and walk straight up the mountain. Answer had created a hard-water pickax from the gauntlet, and was using it to aid in his climb. And Quiver was using her arrows as picks to scale the rock.

"So Ricochet, Tommy had a point. We really don't know a thing about you." She called.

"You know everything you need to."

"How'd you get your powers?"

"Somehow."

"Well thanks for being so clear." She rolled her eyes.

"Look, the only thing you need to know about me is that we're on the same side. We stick together, we might survive."

"Not likely." Answer chimed in.

"That's how you lighten the mood." Allie said with sarcasm.

"Well statistically, it's very unlikely that we'll even survive this little venture. Speaking of which, how on Earth have we not been caught scaling this mountain?"

"Because Apokolips knows that we planned on coming here. But they didn't know about Flo, and that was our advantage." Ricochet explained. "They probably have all of their security stationed on the borders of the island, waiting for us to show up overseas."

After about a half hour of climbing, they reached a plateau. From there, they could see the control tower not too far off. Allie looked through the scope on her bow, zooming in on the area. "Ricochet was right. There are tons of soldiers along the shoreline. The tower is being patrolled pretty heavily, but if we go in from above we shouldn't have any trouble." She said.

Quiver then loaded a grapple arrow into the bow, and fired with pinpoint accuracy. The arrow drove into the top of the control tower, leaving a thick black cable behind it. She attached the back end of the cable to a large rock, and then grabbed onto it, sliding off toward the tower!

"That girl is insane." Ricochet laughed, grabbing the cable and following her lead.

"I hate being the smart one." Answer shook his head and followed them.

They landed on top of the tower, on a glass window. Quinton created a glass cutter from the gauntlet, and cut out a circle large enough for them to drop through. They descended into a hallway, where Ricochet immediately fired off an EMP to blind the cameras. Two parademons came around the corner, and Quiver swiftly pumped two arrows into their chests. They took off toward the control room.

"Those parademons had heartbeat monitors equipped into their armor. It won't be long now until the others are alerted. We have to move fast." Ricochet warned.

"Heartbeat monitors? Why didn't you warn me?" Quiver demanded.

"Well in my defense, you really didn't give me a whole lot of time."

They reached a heavy steel door, but Ricochet found that the keycards didn't work. "Crap. Those two weren't authorized to enter this room."

"So how are we supposed to get in?" Answer asked.

"You know, for somebody called The Answer, you sure ask a lot of questions." Quiver smiled.

"I've got a way in, but it's not too subtle. Stand back." Ricochet placed his hands flat against the door, and a powerful magnetic surge through the metal, blasting straight off of the wall! Allie took out the guards in the control room with a few well aimed arrows, and Answer took to the control panel. After several minutes, he stepped back in triumph.

"Security is on a two hour loop. That leaves us two hours to get into the memory core, and then get off the island."

"Can't you get us anymore time than that?" Ricochet pleaded.

"Afraid not. It takes special authorization to go back any further."

"Ok, then I need you to do something else real quickly." Ricochet said hurriedly.

"What?"

"It takes a massive power source to keep the memory core running. And for that power source, they used… a person."

"A person?" Quiver was confused.

"Yeah, you could call him a League Kid. He's the grandson of Black Lightning."

"What? Are you serious?" Quiver was astounded.

"Yeah. Black Lightning had two daughters; they went by the names Thunder and Lightning. Lightning had a son, who inherited some pretty intense electrical powers. Apokolips took him when he was a toddler, started using him as a big battery for the island."

"And, you want me to try and free him?" Answer asked quizzically.

"From what I've heard, if we want a distraction, then we want this guy loose. Can you create a short out in the power grid, even for a second?"

"I can try." Answer went to work on the control panel. After about a minute, he stood up. "I think I did something, but I'm not sure if it worked or-"

Suddenly there was a massive explosion in the distance, and a blue flash illuminated the island for a brief instant.

"Yeah." Ricochet half-chuckled. "I think it worked."

(Themyscira – Central Power Grid – A few seconds earlier)

Benjamin Pierce sat hooked up to the power chamber, having energy siphoned off from him. Just like every day. He wasn't even fed… he didn't have to be. As long as he was on a full charge, his body could sustain itself. And they kept him fully charged at all times. If he ever saw an opportunity to get loose, he would prove that to be their biggest mistake.

Suddenly, there was a flux in the energy flow, only a flicker of unbalanced energy. but that was all He needed. He took advantage of his second of freedom from the battery, and released a massive surge of energy, shattering the steel container holding him. He leapt out into the room. Ready for freedom, ready for a fight, but most importantly. Ready for payback.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Project_Worm

Bump??

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

@project_worm: Interesting. I think Ethan's gonna be a cool edition to the team. It be cooler if he used a different codename than Black Lightning. Maybe Discharge or Bolt

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Right, right. It definitely won't be Black Lightning. But I'm not sure just yet. Also I just changed his name to Benjamin... Like Franklin

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project_worm: I guess he could be Kite and Key, but then he'd need a partner. XD

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@dngn4774 said:

@project_worm: I guess he could be Kite and Key, but then he'd need a partner. XD

It's interesting that you'd say that. >,>

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dngn4774

BUMP!