joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Germania 15 A.D.

2 men are walking along a well traveled path through a forest, the taller of them a North man named Grimmr stopped and sniffed the air. His companion, a Celt called Cale asked him, " What is it?" Grimmr looked around saying, "One of our kind is following us, he's up in the trees."

Cale sniffed the air now and looked at the branch where he saw the boy, Josef. He was shocked that he'd been spotted so he jumped down and attempted to run. Grimmr managed to catch him with minimal effort moving at blinding speed. Cale yelled to him, " Don't hurt the boy, he probably doesn't even know what he is."

Josef stopped struggling and looked back confused as Grimmr asked,"Have you gone through your first change yet?" Josef's eyes went wide, "How did you know about that?" Grimmr chuckled as he put the boy down, "Come with us and we'll explain everything."

New York City present day

Police officers are standing outside a crime scene arguing with federal agents who are ordering them away claiming this was not a local matter. A man wearing jeans and a T-shirt crossed the tape causing one of the officers to step in his way but the agents informed them that he had clearance as their captain called the detective in charge ordering them to back off. The man in the T-shirt was Josef, he walked past the commotion to the body followed by a younger man in a cheap suit named Bill and a feral agent named Mark.

Mark asked, "Hey Joe, whose the new guy?" Joe not looking up said," That's Bill, he's new just finished up his training. I think he'd be the first enforcer you ever met in your age group." Bill stuck out his hand saying,"Hi."

Mark Shrugged and asked," What do we have here, some young one lose it again?" Joe chuckled, "You know as well as I do that if that were the case we'd be picking up bone fragments instead of a whole body. No, this was planned. You got an I.D. on the vic?"

Mark looked at his notes, "Name, Harold Smith some diplomatic aide, works at the U.N." Joe takes a closer look at the body and notices a peculiar scratch pattern and looks up to Bill," You recognize this new boy?" Bill looks a bit flustered as he answers, "That's a runic symbol, it means Fenris." Joe nodded,"Mark, we got problems."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Hm...so you've had werewolves roaming around in your head well before Hungry. Very interesting. (Like this version too.)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Hungry worked out a lot better.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I almost thought both were connected. Lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@guardiandevil83: I considered it for a minute but this has a slightly different set up

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Yea I got that notion near the third paragraph. Lol there may have been continuity problems you would not have wanted to worry about. Not to mention I got this feeling the ability to change may be diffrent here. Not nearly as bad somehow. Don't know I'm weird. Lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yea this is less horror, its basically a detective type story, its just that the detective happens to be a werewolf.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Hungry worked out a lot better.

I could see why that would be. Having your main character be a cop in this kind of story is only going to present problems down the line. Inevitably, you're going to wind up having the character do something that has to be covered up from the law. Kind of like with Dexter, it gets to be unbelievable after awhile that the cover up could continue to work. So the secret clean up guys and such is much more convenient for the story. Hungry is much more entertaining like that. I think you could still work in strong elements from this if you wanted to. Too bad you threw out the part about them having the powers without being the wolf (or did you?).

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Wasn't there a short-lived show about a Vampire Detective once? Anyway I'm sure your guy is more badass. Lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: In Hungry they're still technically super human while in human form, the only real difference between the werewolves here and the ones there is that these guys can control it and the guys from Hungry can't.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop

@joshmightbe: Well, you've already established at least one character in Hungry that can control the transformation, so you could still play with this idea some if you wanted to. Not that Hungry needs it, but you could do it if you wanted to.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yea but I was trying to show that in the world where Hungry takes place its a rare ability while here I was thinking its just kind of a thing all of them can do after a little training.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cbishop
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Historical werewolves....is there more of this as I am now interested to the point of curiosity! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#16  Edited By FicOPedia

@guardiandevil83 said:

@joshmightbe: Wasn't there a short-lived show about a Vampire Detective once?

I know this comment is way old, but I know what you're talking about now! lol ...It was called Moonlight. I just started watching it on CW Seed. Also, CBS used to have a show about a vampire cop called Forever Knight. It was a cool show, but I wasn't a fan of the ending. They certainly wrapped it up though.