ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Wild Western: Confederate Rose #2

Want more action? Check out these titles we rounded up here!!

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here

Somewhere in Washington State – 1865

The sun set below the horizon, as Rose watched the orb collapse as she walked to the side of the road. Stepping into the brush she curled up on the floor, as layer after layer of black silk erupted from her back, cocooning her under a silk purse. As she closed her eyes, her body dissolving into a pile of sand and spider silk.

Chateau Mulholland, Louisiana – 1861

The mood around the plantation was sombre, as row after row of slave labourers were lined up to watch the small shack and the man dressed in a grey military uniform, standing at the door. With a grunt, he kicked down the door and drew his sabre, before dragging out a burly black man and a woman dressed in her underwear, long red hair flashing in the sunlight.

“Don’t you have any decency woman?” The man in grey asked, as he kicked the man she had been lying with. “I almost felt bad at about what I was going to do with you, but now I can see you enjoyed this you harlot.” He snorted, before two men dressed in rags dragged her away. As she was pulled down, she watched as the man in grey removed a derringer, and fired a shot into her lover, her screams drowning out the sound of the flintlock discharging.

“You think the boss will let us keep her?” One of the men grunted, as they entered a crypt, the interior decorated with lit candles and a painted symbol on the floor.

“No-one would want her after Captain Mulholland gets through with her.” The other added, as they threw the woman down in the middle of the crypt. Pushing herself up, the woman looked around and gasped as she saw the bodies of eviscerated slaves chained to the wall, their blood coating the floor she had been thrown onto.

“I’m going to tell all our friends that you were raped and murdered by one of those animals, but I know you chose to be unfaithful, that you weren’t forced at all.” Captain Mulholland stated, as he and a man dressed in traditional Seminole clothing walked into the crypt. “You always tried my patience Rose, most I could forgive but this…well I can forgive that too once I’m finished with you.”

“You killed Jerome!” Rose spat, as her husband shot her a grimace, before throwing Jerome’s head down next to her. “You are a terrible husband and a terrible man.”

“And you are a disgrace,” Captain Mulholland snorted, “but you are still my wife and that’s all I need.” He added as four slaves brought in some crates, just as the Seminole draped a scarf made of alligator gar scales around Rose’s neck.

“I don’t care about your needs!!” Rose hissed, as her husband flipped her onto her back to reveal a row of scars.

“You don’t understand, our freedom from the Union is under-threat, but thanks to my sacrifice our glorious Confederacy will last forever.” Captain Mulholland stated, as the slave tipped the boxes open and a swarm of black widow spiders scuttled out. As the first spiders hit the ground the Seminole began to chant, his words causing the blood on the floor to circle around Rose and the spiders, boxing the arachnids in with the young woman.

“Cyrus what’s happening!!” Rose screamed, as the spiders formed a circle around. “Oh God in heaven, please I beg of you, grant me salvation and I will dedicate myself to you.” She cried, as red hourglass markings formed on her skin.

“Spirits of the ancient earth, of the air and of the water, I beseech you.” Captain Mulholland called, as Rose felt her skin begin to crawl. “I give half of myself to you as an offering in return for a new union. I wish to bind myself to the glorious Confederacy of my peers, for my cause to never surrender, never fall while blood runs through my veins.” He yelled, as Rose’s hand collapsed into spiders, the rest of her body following, the newly created spiders burrowing into the ground.

“Grant me your power!” Captain Mulholland bellowed, as green energy seeped out of the earth into the waiting black widow spiders, the arachnids bloating with supernatural energy as the blood whirling around the chamber collapsed, allowing the spiders to swarm over Mulholland. With a scream of pain, the spiders burrowed into his skin, massive sores spreading across his body before smoothing over.

“The ritual is complete, the spirits were happy with your technicality concerning your wife.” The Seminole man announced, as he smiled slightly to reveal shark like teeth in his mouth. “The tribe has performed a great service to you, as such we demand payment.

“I’ll have to owe you.” Captain Mullholland stated, as he stepped out of the crypt, and slammed the doors shut, the sound of an iron bar across the door to prevent any escape. The room was silent for a second, and then the Seminole screamed, the stone walls shaking from the sheer fury of the scream. As the sound continued, a swarm of black widow spiders emerged from the ground, their bodies forming into a shape of a woman, her scream joining those of the people around her.

“Please help me!!” Rose begged, as her skin occasionally pulsed. Reaching out to one of the slaves, she watched as the man began to rot from the place she had touched him. Seconds later he began to sweat and scream as his body was consumed by flesh eating fungus. “What’s happening to me?” She cried, as the rest of the slaves began to pound on the door. In desperation Rose fell to her knees, her tears pooling on the floor before coalescing into red and black banded coral snakes, the serpents burrowing into their feet, before bursting out of their eyes and mouths, their bodies hitting the floor. Shaking his head, the Seminole held out his hand and a green beam of energy lance out of Rose and into his hand.

“You are a predator.” The man hissed, as Rose collapsed, her body bursting open as a few spiders scuttled across her cheek and down into her mouth. “You have one purpose, to avenge my people. When your husband’s dream reaches fruition, you will destroy everything he holds dear.”

“It’ll be my pleasure sir.” Rose answered, as she slipped the alligator gar scale boa around her neck and smiled sweetly. “It’s my duty to support my beloved.” She added, as she touched the Seminole’s cheek, the man falling to his knees as a tiny parasitic wasp burst out of his skin, leaving behind a painful looking sore, the wounds spreading as more insects began to emerge.

Utah Territory – 1865

The man covered in grey sores, his teeth bared to reveal shark like dentition as he ripped open the dead wolf with his bare hands. Taking a deep breath he turned to the soldiers dressed in Union military uniforms amassed behind him. “Good evening gentlemen, you just arrived in time for diner.” He hissed, as a parasitic wasp crawled over his forehead and into one of the healed sores under his nose. “Now what can I do for you tonight?” He asked, as he removed an obsidian bladed cleaver lashed to a wooden handle, the stone blade already dripping with blood.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 1091

#3  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: obsidian bladed clever...well it is clever but as a weapon pretty useless. A cleaver on the other hand... :)

Rose got made into a spider thing by her jilted nutbag husband after she banged a slave or two. What a glorious soap opera

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cool thanks for the comment, and yes behind all those gross black widows and other creatures, you have a wife that was taken advantage of by her husband.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: The Grey Ghost and Rose are as bad as each other to be honest

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: They're Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. They bring out the worst in each other at all times yet secretly love each other so much it drives them to destruction

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks for that, forgot to say it earlier

@batkevin74: Pretty much, expect a heated reunion very soon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh could you post a picture or describe this further "a man dressed in traditional Seminole clothing" as I really don't know what he's dressed up as

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: This should help. While the Seminoles quickly embraced European weapons, they strongly fought to keep their cultural identity and land, even fighting three wars against the United States, and never signed a peace treaty with them after the conclusion of the Last 'Seminole War' in 1858

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By wildvine

What a clever weapon. heehee

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Hilarious and intellectually challenging too

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@impurestcheese: Liked the backstory, I'm just a little confused. Wasn't the Seminole War already over before the Civil War even began? Also the brunt of the fighting was done on the southeast (mostly in Florida) so how did any Seminoles end up in Louisiana in 1861?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: It was, but the Seminoles did side with the Confederacy in the Civil War. And he was hired from the Florida faction...probably

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Now it's parasitic wasps? Wow - you have quite a knack for finding disturbing ways to kill off characters. Thanks.

I was puzzled when the rest of the slaves pound on the door. I thought all the others in the crypt were chained and eviscerated, so I had assumed they were dead or at the very least immobilized.

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0