Why Does Deadpool Rules?

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deadpoolrules

This has been a frequently asked question in both of my "Ask" threads,so I decided to write this 'Fic' to explain it,but it still being about my life,so I'm not sure if the term 'Fic' can be used here.Now I shall tell all of you the origin of my fanboyism.

Let's go back in time,2006,when I was 7 years old(almost 8) and had my first contact with Deadpool in the game Marvel Ultimate Alliance.At first thought,I considered as another Spider-Man and ignored him for a while,that's when I decided to try him.I loved his abilities and found easy to beat the game while he was on the team,than I realised his name was Deadpool and that name would be remembered for over a year,that's when I decided to actually search for his past,I wanted to know who that "Spider-Man 2" was.As my English skills were even worse than they are nowadays,I didn't understood many things,but I got what I wanted,his origins and psychological traits.

I was a well-humored kid,always joking,but i didn't had many friends,so I talked alone a lot,that's where I related to Deadpool.I don't remember very well,but my mother told me that my imaginary friend was Deadpool and we used to talk a lot.So that's one factor,he made lonely me happy and was a friend everytime I needed one.That is one of the worst parts of my childhood,but one of the best too,depends on the point of view.

Than I grew up,had more friends and was a happy teen(I'm still one =P),than I met the teacher that would drag me to the wonderful world of comics,where squirrels can beat intergalactic beings.He was named Fernando and showed me some comics,after some weeks borrowing his stuff,I decided to buy my own comics,that's when I got into most of the heroes,but after a month of collecting comics,I chose my favourites.Suddenly,terrific news:Deadpool was going to be released in Brazil.I mean,I had read some Cable & Deadpool and saw some of his appearances,feeding my fanboyism,but that was a whole comicbook just for him.I couldn't conatin myself and started passing day after day at the closest comics store.One day,after a tiring set of private classes(I needed those xD)I saw it standing right there in a shelf,I ordered the taxi to stop,I had saved the whole week for it,I even privated myself from eating or buying anything I would like too.The feeling of getting the first issue of that character that meant something to me and still being my favourite,it just can't be expressed in words.

That's why I got mad when his series were cancelled here.That's why I love the Merc with a Mouth.Hope you enjoyed this piece of my life and thanks for your time to read this.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

7 years old.......2006........THAT MEAN....OH GOSH! I'M SO OOOOLLLLDDDD!

Nice story though dude, I got into a lot of the Marvel back stories through Ultimate Alliance as well, I used to walk around the base and talk to every hero I could see just to find out there back story, it was really good that way. :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@deadpoolrules: I honestly am very surprised and touch by your story.

Really had no idea you've had the interest in Deadpool for that long. Even makes it more special that he's not only your hero but your friend as well who you looked up to.

Very cool your teacher encouraged comics. None of my teachers have since most of the ones I had were female and didn't know anything outside of the superhero movies but, my mom's friend Tom (who ironically shares his name with my step dad) a few months ago came over to our house to watch Sons of Anarchy and mentioned X-Men First Class. Usually I don't care for my mom's friends but after I heard that I came out of my room and mostly talked to him about X-Men and how recently there's been a lot of 'big events' going on in the Marvel Universe. Since then he lets me borrow his Marvel comics including the whole Infinity Gauntlet series.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By deadpoolrules

@samimista: Thanks,Sami.

Yeah,young me was already a Deadpool fan and personal friend =D

I don't have contact with him anymore,but he will always be remembered.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@deadpoolrules: Your welcome. =D Maybe you can add him on Gmail though or see him when his game comes out. =O

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 years old.......2006........THAT MEAN....OH GOSH! I'M SO OOOOLLLLDDDD!

Nice story though dude, I got into a lot of the Marvel back stories through Ultimate Alliance as well, I used to walk around the base and talk to every hero I could see just to find out there back story, it was really good that way. :)

@deadpoolrules: So you're what, 14??

So, I am three times your age! Thanks for making me feel like a DINOSAUR!!!!!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Project_Worm