what should I do

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

After a while of trying to stay on a fan-fic i decided it would be a good idea to see if anyone has any tips on, well I'm not sure what its called but its kinda the complete opposite of brain farts. See instead of not knowing what to write about, Ill be writing one story trying to think of what to do next then, I get an idea but decide it would work better for a different character. First i tried to stay on a story i had entered to a competition here, Then I got side tracked and started writing Bolide, then I got side tracked and started writing Son of an Animal, and then i kinda got side tracked and started writing My Sweet Shadow... So please if you have any tips I'd love to hear em. 

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@Project_Worm: go with what you enjoy more and have no trouble writing about :)
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TypingKira

Oh, trust me, I have this problem all the time.  

The trick I use is to have a story that you're insanely crazy about, stick to that one, and when you get a new idea, write down the gist of the story, whenever you get an idea write it down, this will prevent you from working on seven story ideas at once.. . . something I've done a few times.  

That works for me, but might not for you? But it's just a suggestion. 

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
@TypingKira: Yeah, that happens to me too. Although I don't write different series at once, I have so many fan-fiction ideas crawling in my head. For now, I would rather stick to Freaks. Because I'm excited to write more stories about it.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator
@Project_Worm: Just stick to one story that you love the most. Once you're done with that story, you can continue with the previous stories. But if you have more than three current series which you wrote previously, I would suggest to save those ideas and move on with the current story. In that way, you don't have to write more than three stories at the same time. But I would prefer one.