What If.....One Man Ended the Marvel Universe during Fear Itself?

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkmount1

Uatu: I am Uatu the Watcher.  My purpose is to observe events of cosmic proportions which transpire throughout the universe, and those in other, similar universes.  I have seen universes die and be reborn; I have seen the same happen to the noblest of heroes and the worst of villains.  But never have I seen the act of one man--a man unknown to virtually every hero or villain on the face of this particular earth--so powerful, and at the same time, terrifying.  Which of course begs the question--what if one man ended the entire universe, as it fought Fear Itself?  For the answer, we must turn our attention to the man in question........

His name is Gerald Warner.  He is twenty-eight, an amateur historian and an assistant at the New York City Municipal Archives.  He has had a decent life--a loving and supportive family, good friends, respect by his peers.  He was neutral in almost every means of opinion, from political preference, to sports teams.  But underneath the friendly face they know, he intentionally wills himself to hide a super-sensitive temper, making himself virtually incapable of being offended, yet leaving him a time-bomb that may go off someday. Trying to avoid further stress, his form of solace from every moment that may or may not set him off, he writes in a journal labeled, "A Diary of Anger".  He is an ordinary man who has followed for years the exploits of the world's heroes, even those as of late that have rocked their foundations to the very core of their being, which caused him to developed a cynical side to his fascination; it was here that he craved only the black and white, and not the shades of gray that seemed to prevail in recent years, longing for a time where heroes are just heroes, and evil is destroyed forever and never imprisoned.  He privately expressed dissappointment in the fact that the Avengers sought no help in getting their teammate the Scarlet Witch treatment after her last breakdown, or finally curing the Hulk instead of exiling him into space; he privately and greatly criticized the rest of his fellow humans for their treatment of mutants, going so far as to attach the face of Graydon Creed to a dartboard; he hid great disapproval over the actions of Iron Man, Captain America, and Congress over the actions that led to the Super Hero Civil War; and he greatly despised how the public embraced Norman Osborn over his killing of Veranke the Skrull Queen during the Secret Invasion; and so on.  After reading more through the archives he tended, he privately wrote down his own ultimate conclusion to why Earth had been in so much danger for such a long time--it was not the fault of one person or one group, but EVERYONE in the entire world, good or evil, who was to blame.  Though he did not know the private lives of all people, he wrote this in his journal, the only time where his angered side could roam free. 

Once Sin, the daughter of the Red Skull, unleashed the God of Fear upon the world, things would change in the life of Gerald forever.  While the forces of Fear Itself began to run rampant across the world, something outside that phenomenon occurred as Gerald walked through Central Park, a walk he took to calm his nerves every so often.  As he entered the very center of the park, an awesome force, made up of the combined energy of the lost mutant powers from M-Day and the entropy left over from the recent Chaos War, seemingly out of sheer coincidence entered into Gerald, giving him not godlike power, but power over the infinite itself, as well as complete awareness of what went on in the minds of every human and metahuman on the planet: their identities, their motivations, their sucesses and failings, and even their dark sides, all in the past or present.  Rising into the sky, unable to control this newfound power (and he himself knowing so), he gave in to the anger that had festered in him for so long, and that was all that remained.  He knew what he would do next. (End Narration)

The scene: a battlefield, where the Worthy of the Serpent have just been granted their power, and fights have ensued all across the world.  Suddenly, all combatants stop, as a loud and angry cry fills the air, stopping all in their tracks:

"EEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Soon, all participants find themselves teleported to a large, newly created bare landmass in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Looking above, they see the glowing red form of Gerald hovering over them, a look of stern disapproval and blinding rage on his face.  Even those who consider themselves fearless begin to sweat nervously at the sight of him.

"Listen up!! All of you!!!!  What I'm here to say will be the last words anyone will ever hear.  I have seen this world in grave danger multiple times, and now, I have seen the demons and monsters you yourselves have created.  Professor Xavier: I know about the dirty secrets you kept from your friends and students all this time;  Norman Osborn: I know how you became the man you are today, and the lives that were lost because of it; Iron Man--Tony Stark: I know about the damage you have done to yourself and to those around you, more than the times your armors have been to the scrap heap.  I know about every good and bad thing everyone I've gathered here has ever done in their life and in recent time--and it sickens me!  I can no longer tolerate any more potential disasters every one of you could possibly create.  This new threat is a prime example: Cynthia Schmidt should have been executed, not allowed to harness godlike power; the god of fear should have had his immortality stripped of him and killed; this can be applied to anything in the last six or so years.  You should have stayed dead, Osborn; and Daredevil, you're supposed to be the only light in Hell's Kitchen, not pull a Darth Vader on everyone!!!  Scott Summers: you I consider one of the worst on my list--you left your wife, you're deviating from Xavier's original dream.  You're supposed to unite mutantkind through peace, not exile yourselves from the rest of the world! Reed Richards--you had access to the Ultimate Nullifier, why didn't you use it to KILL MEPHISTO?!?!??!? It could've saved the happiness of Spider-Man! And you--Loki--I know what you're planning, and let me just tell you, it WON'T DO A THING to help you gain power or whatever it is you want.  I remember a time when heroes were heroes, save for the Punisher and his ilk, and they always triumphed over evil, even if they suffered a few losses.  But now, it's all shades of gray....and I am sick of IT!!!!!!  As of now, if nobody can make the days brighter again, if nobody can truly destroy evil when it is defeated---THEN THIS UNIVERSE DOESN'T DESERVE TO EXIST.  But before I do anything else, there's something I want to do that none of you have ever had the guts to do--truly destroy someone who has committed numerous grave "sins". (He floats down, walks towards the empowered Sin, and without remorse or mercy, takes her own sword, and impales her right in the heart.  She falls down, dead, her newfound divinity dissippating.  He then uses his powers to then disintegrate her body, turning it from ashes to atoms to particles, until nothing is left.  All stare in utter shock.)  See that? THAT is what you do to an evil that threatens all life: YOU KILL IT, and make sure it never appears again!!!  But no, you never thought of it, and because of you, it continued to run rampant.  But you heroes aren't the only ones I blame; all of you, the villains....you I also blame for constant danger.  You just NEVER learn, do you??? And some of you are supposed to be geniuses.  I am disappointed, GRAVELY disappointed in you.  Juggernaut: couldn't you have found a way to reconcile with your stepbrother, ANY way???  Is that so damn hard?????  Loki: you did nothing but scheme and take what you want, in lust for power or the defeat of your half-brother.  Couldn't you have found something USEFUL to do???????  And you--MAGNETO.  You seek to prevent mutants from experiencing the same horrors you did in WWII, yet you FAILED to see that you were becoming the very thing you were fighting against.

That tears it.  I am done with this world, this universe, for not constantly writing the wrongs it inflicted upon itself.  And for those of you wondering--I know what I'm doing.  I surrendered any sliver of humanity I had left when decided to do this.  If I can't have things my way, then no one can. So when this universe goes, I go with it.  I urge you, in the next minute, to do one final thing--say goodbye.  It's over.

(Violent shaking begins to occur, as a great red sphere of aura begins to suround Gerald. As he looks up into the sky, he lets out one final, angry cry: "NO MOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  The red then changes to a bright white, which then rapidly expands, until finally, first Earth, then the entire universe (in the form of Eternity) vaporizes in one large, near-blinding flash of light.  The chaos ends; all that is left is blank, white space.  No more, no less.  Uatu, viewing this on a screen, resumes narration.)

Uatu: And so, one man's suppressed anger and disillusionment, brought to light, results in the complete annihilation of an entire world, just as that world was confronting Fear Itself.  In a sense, Gerald's neutral disposition gave him the solution to the problem of the never-ending fight between good and evil--the total destruction of BOTH sides.  This universe is gone now, never to return; but it does leave behind a lesson all should remember, a lesson that does not need to be said, but seen and interpreted....

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CapFanboy
@Darkmount1: if he ended the whhole universe wouldn't Uatu die aswell?
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@CapFanboy said:
" @Darkmount1: if he ended the whhole universe wouldn't Uatu die aswell? "
Multi-verse
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy
@MarvelJackAss433: oh yeah...nice pic btw. =]
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@CapFanboy: My av?Thanks.
Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkmount1

Basically, this is an analogue to my currently brewing frustration with all the seemingly stupid decisions the Big Two have made in regard to character mortality, the staleness of yearly events, and the changing directions for certain characters or books.