#1 Edited by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

This is the short version of this thought I had. What if Raditz used the false moon technique to break Goku's grip. But before the Oozaru transformation was complete Tien hits him with a solar flare causing him to revert back to normal form. Raditz admits that he's impressed but the only thing that has changed is now there are three bugs for him to squash. Raditz rushes Tien who is now floating between Goku and Piccolo. Raditz then backs off and lets Goku and Piccolo finish off Tien while they try to hit him but actually hit Tien. (not killing but close) Then Piccolo tells Goku he has the better grip anyway stretching his arms a bit. Goku distracts Raditz by faking the solar flare Piccolo grabs him this time and Goku kills them both. (obviously this dosen't all happen as fast as i've explained) ((yes i know at the time Goku would not kill a fly even if the fly killed 50 people in front of him)) [ I feel the respective power levels of each should be Raditz 1500-battle boosted 2000, Goku 900- battle boosted 1100 Piccolo 850-battle boosted 1000 Tien 840-never gets battle boost but 1005] thoughts? I've got a few more thought along these lines.

#2 Edited by larzooma (98 posts) - - Show Bio

basicfan30 marked this as the best answer

Tien actually has a built in story they could explore to make his character relevant in terms of power. It's been confirmed his ancestry isn't entirely human, and he's a descendant of the three eyed people. As a disciple of Master Shen, Tien became corrupted, which blocked his ability to access the power granted to him by his third eye. Although I think he's more than redeemed himself, a short arc could introduce a story involving Tien overcoming the corruption, giving him an immense boost in power and a new set of abilities. It would be interesting to explore his backstory and possibly introduce the race of his ancestry. Ignoring the way they treated him during the recruitment episodes, Tien's always shown ability and heart. Bringing him up to the level of the other races would be a welcomed change to the regular cast of characters involved in every major fight.

#3 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof
#4 Posted by Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@basicfan30: You mean raditz? I'm confused as all hell.

#5 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2811 posts) - - Show Bio

Launch wouldn't have been forgotten

#7 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I don't really like tien. He's too boring and serious all the time. I think the series is better off with less of him.

#8 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I don't really like tien. He's too boring and serious all the time. I think the series is better off with less of him.

Fair enough and thanks but do you think the idea is fair to the characters and would of made since in the story?

LeonardoTMNT true but same question I asked Mr swag. is this fair to the characters and/or dose it make since?

#9 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@basicfan30: sure it's fair to the characters but I'm confused by a fee things. What is the "false moon technique" that raditz used in the beginning? And why does solar flare revert him to human form? Other than that yeah I guess it does make sense.

#10 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

@basicfan30: sure it's fair to the characters but I'm confused by a fee things. What is the "false moon technique" that raditz used in the beginning? And why does solar flare revert him to human form? Other than that yeah I guess it does make sense.

Vegetta used the technique to become Oozaru or make gohan go oozaru I don't remember. (The name could be wrong.) And I am assuming that if the solar flair was used before the transformation was complete it could stop it. ( because it's not the real moon)

#11 Posted by kingpin1 (443 posts) - - Show Bio

He is better than Krillin.

#12 Edited by Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@basicfan30: Not even sure what you meant to say, coming back to this. Tien became a good guy after Budokai so why would he be fighting Goku?

#13 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

@basicfan30: Not even sure what you meant to say, coming back to this. Tien became a good guy after Budokai so why would he be fighting Goku?

What are youtalking about???? No where in this thread dose it say any thing about Tien fighting Goku.

#14 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingpin1 said:

He is better than Krillin.

Nae, Krillin is awesome

#15 Posted by Kute (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

being more serious doesnt make him a better character than krillen. the humans were always going to have to take a backseat. krillen plays the comedy/friendship role better

#16 Posted by Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres (249 posts) - - Show Bio

" Piccolo finish off Tien while they try to hit him but actually hit Tien. (not killing but close) Then Piccolo tells Goku he has the better grip anyway stretching his arms a bit. Goku distracts Raditz by faking the solar flare Piccolo grabs him this time and Goku kills them both."

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenshinhan served his role. He was one of Goku's primary rivals and a major stepping stone for Goku's development. In this sense he was never anything more than a plot device, Toriyama giving him as much of an arc and depth as he had is already surprising. But making him a major character again? He no longer has a role.

#18 Posted by killraven4334 (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I personally love tien showing up randomly and tri beam hoing people. It keeps the suspense going that at any moment he will pop in and TRI BEAM HO

#19 Posted by basicfan30 (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

" Piccolo finish off Tien while they try to hit him but actually hit Tien. (not killing but close) Then Piccolo tells Goku he has the better grip anyway stretching his arms a bit. Goku distracts Raditz by faking the solar flare Piccolo grabs him this time and Goku kills them both."

Goku and Piccolo hit Tien by accident because they are trying to hit Raditz. Goku kills Piccolo and Raditz.

#20 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2811 posts) - - Show Bio

@johncena69swag said:

Fair enough and thanks but do you think the idea is fair to the characters and would of made since in the story?

LeonardoTMNT true but same question I asked Mr swag. is this fair to the characters and/or dose it make since?

Launch completely disappearing like she did was unexpected. I would have thought we would have seen her pop in from time to time. At least we still get that with Tien. He might not be around all the time, but it has been shown that he is out the still doing his thing.

#21 Posted by cbishop (15617 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine, kindly move this to Fan-Fic, please?

#22 Posted by APEX_pretador (21314 posts) - - Show Bio

This

H'es basically a less agressive, less interesting and less determined loner version of vegeta.