What If...? Snippets #21

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Based on the episodes of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, namely The Prison Plot and The Vengeance of Loki

I am…The Watcher. There is a reality known as Earth-8107 where Spider-Man, Ice Man, and Firestar fight foes, attend Empire State University, and are Amazing Friends. It’s a slightly brighter, cheerier universe than most.

No Caption Provided

After an encounter with Magneto in 1981, Peter Parker realises he has feelings for Angelica Jones. When the pair then become trapped inside the Twins of the Gods gems thanks to Loki, his feelings are reciprocated. Ice Man decides that the affections of an Asgardian ice goddess are for him and he opts to stay in Asgard.

No Caption Provided

In 1983, the Parkers welcome a little girl into the world; Mary Parker-Jones, name after both her grandmothers. Mary is a mutant like her mother and inherits a combination of both her parent’s powers, which manifest at age two when The Green Goblin kidnaps her after learning Spider-Man’s identity. Goblin goes blind after Mary’s fire powers erupt in his face sending him blind. Angelica suggests getting help from Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngsters.

Soon both Spider-Man and Firestar join the staff and the team of X-Men as Mary learns to control her powers as they develop. The two new members prove valuable to the team, especially when dealing with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Juggernaut, and the Sentinels. Even when Green Goblin returns, he is defeated and Professor X wipes Peter’s identity from Norman’s mind.

In the year 2000, Mary Parker-Jones adopts the identity of Flame-Spider and joins an X-Men team called X-Treme, because it was the millennium and they thought it was cool. Led by team veteran Videoman, the squad of seven manage to save the world from Annihilus, stop the new Brotherhood of Evil and even go to Asgard to help Iceman against the forces of Surtur.

No Caption Provided

Ghostdance, the son of Sprite & Warpath, and Flame Spider begin dating which irks Darkstorm, the son of Nightcrawler & Storm. Teen angst is exploited by the returning Green Goblin teaming with Mastermind who turns Darkstorm against his friends with mental manipulations. In the following fight, Firestar sacrifices herself to save Flame-Spider and Spider-Man finally deals with Green Goblin who then turns himself in.

No Caption Provided

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

Led by team veteran Videoman...

LMAO! Yes!

Way back in 7th grade, when they were teaching us how to write code for pictures on Apples, the picture I did was Video Man. I got a big kudos from the teacher showing it to the class, because I was the only one who had colored it. lol ...I think I still have that pic somewhere. If I run across it at some point, I'll snap a shot and post it. :)