Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Part 1

What If..? Namor Had The Infinity Gauntlet

No Caption Provided

My name is Uatu. I am...The Watcher. Today my eyes have turned to a universe where things went differently.

An assemblage of heroes gathered to take on the mad Titan Thanos who had the Infinity Gauntlet. Manipulated by Mephisto, Thanos allowed a brawl to occur between himself and the heroes. It was a complete massacre.

Thanos pulled Iron Man’s heart out of his chest, punched Hulk’s head off and turned Thor into a glass statue. Nova smashed him in the chin to be turned into cubes and Cyclops got his head encased in diamond where he agonisingly choked to death. Wolverine tried to stab him but Thanos shrugged off the attack like a dog shakes off water. It was then Vision and Namor struck. The synthezoid had made them both intangible and hidden from the battle, which initially the Atlantean called cowardice to only see later it was strategy. Vision appeared before Thanos stating he wished to challenge him to a game of chance, claiming he was nothing more than a giant brainless thug.

No Caption Provided

Thanos laughed, raised his fist. But then the avenging son struck, at high speed reefing the gauntlet from his hand rendering the would-be god powerless.

“Die!” Namor yelled pointing at Thanos, and instantly he dropped like a stone, blood leaking from every pore. Namor smiled as the glove hummed with power and promise. With a snap of his fingers his dead friends were back amongst the living and they were all back on Earth.

“You should wish it out of existence,” Dr Strange cautioned his old ally. “It’s too powerful.”

“Perhaps for humans,” Namor said confidently. “Now, to fix the oceans.”

And fix them he did; the temperatures were stable and over five hundred years of human trash was promptly vomited back from the sea floor to the countries of origin. It rained garbage for a fortnight over China and the United States. With a wave of his hand he removed every nuclear weapon and power station from the face of the earth, tossing it into the Sun for a spectacular flare. All these were good things, depending on your perspective. But then he turned his eyes back to potential lover, Susan Storm.

Nobody was sure whether he used the Infinity Gauntlet deliberately to make her fall in love with him, but she left her husband and the Fantastic Four to sit by his side.

And that’s when the world’s smartest man went to war with the Atlantean who controlled everything; and everyone lost…

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Nice! But away with this snippet nonsense! You must finish this story! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: We’ll see, I kinda like the outline. The filling in if the story may not be as good, but never say never