What If...? Snippets #15

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

“The tesseract,” Thanos said as he dragged Thor by the skull. “Or your brother’s life.”

Loki stared deep into the purple Titans eyes, unblinking. Thanos took the power stone and drove it into the temple of the thunder god. Waves of purple energy pulsed through his head and pummelled his brain. Thor screamed in absolute agony. Loki simply watched. Thanos ramped up the power. Skin blistered on Thor’s face, blood ran from his eyes and ears.

“Alright stop!” Loki buckled and lowered his head. He slowly raised his right hand and plucked a blue speck from mid-air. In his hand materialised the object Thanos sought.

“You are the worst brother!” Thor muttered through a vomit of blood and bile.

Thanos extended his hand.

“Loki, don’t…”

The Norse God of Mischief smiled at his adoptive brother and handed the glowing blue cube over. Thanos paused. He dropped the thunder god and swung a massive purple fist into Loki’s face! The blow hit nothing but air and the image shimmered. “I left for greener pastures the moment you arrived, Thanos. Speaking of green…”

A roar erupted behind the Titan as the Hulk tackled him from behind.

__

I am...The Watcher. There is a universe known as Earth-199999, a universe that the mad Titan Thanos acquired all the Infinity Stones and wiped half of life out across the universe with a snap of his fingers. In this variant universe, Loki uses the power of the Tesseract which contains the Space Gem to teleport himself to safety denying Thanos a second gem. Loki heads to Earth to recruit the people who formed to stop him years earlier, The Avengers.

The heroes are rightfully distrusting of him, but when Loki shows them Thanos killing Thor and the Hulk thanks to the Power Gem, they formulate a plan to avenge them. So begins the...

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 1092

Bahhhh! You 'n' yer snippets! Again, I want to read this story! But noooooo! lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Someone’s in luck this time. I call this 15.A :)

Thanos lets Hulk smack him around before deciding that play time is over. The tyrant cracks Hulk in the throat making the beast gag and changing the momentum of the fight. Hulk swings wildly whilst Thanos is precise. Each blow hits hard in a vital spot. Hulk had never been hit like that and that hard ever.

“Thanos!” Thor staggered to his feet to attempt to distract but Ebony Maw raises a finger to his lips and encased the thunder god in metal bindings.

“Mighty Thanos is busy,” he hushed.

Hulk punched but Thanos caught the massive fist and used the power of the gem to shatter Hulk’s knuckles. The green behemoth roared in pain and lashed out with his other hand only to have Thanos parry the strike and break his elbow. Hulk stood there, arms hanging limply. Thanos sighed in disappointment that this fight was going to be over. He spun the Hulk around and grabbed him in a choke hold.

Thor bucked against his restraints but could do nothing as Thanos strangled, then snapped the neck of the green rage monster. He tossed the corpse to the floor.

“Where would that traitorous jester gone?” He asked Thor as he moved in closer. “Tell me honestly, and I will kill you quickly.”

“There should be no more surprises,” Tony Stark smiled at Pepper Potts as they stood by the lake in Central Park. “I should promise that. Dinner. You, me, the future.”

Pepper’s face couldn’t stay straight as the man she loved, and was infuriated by, spoke to her. “Dinner. No distractions.”

“Zero! None.”

“Where?”

“Anywhere! I know a great place.”

“No, you have terrible taste.”

“I have impeccable taste,” he winked at her and moved in taste. “I hired you remember.”

“Oh very smooth, Mr Stark.” Pepper rolled her eyes.

Suddenly the sky erupted and Loki fell face first onto the ground beside the couple. Tony shielded Pepper and tapped his chest firing up the Iron Man suit.

“Loki!”

The god wobbled to his feet. “Stark! A pleasure to see your face again.”

“You’re supposed to be locked in a cosplay dungeon.”

The reason I am here,” Loki exhaled. “I...need your help.”

“Excuse me?” Tony’s helmet opened so he could look at the Asgardian. “Did I have a stroke, or did you just ask for...”

“What is this?” Pepper held up the Tessaract. Loki lurched forward and Iron Man held his hand directly in his face. The repulsors hummed with destructive potential.

“Touch her and I will end you!”

The sky beside them rippled and from the hole stepped a man in a red cape. “You’re supposed to be in Asgard! And why does that woman have an Infinity Stone?”

“Tony...” Pepper moved behind Tony.

“Sorry to break up the remake of The Craft, but you’re scaring my future wife,” Tony said. “Friday, immediate exit on Potts.”

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yay! Although I'm suspecting you wrote this on your phone, because there are some odd word choices that I'm guessing are due to autocorrect. Like "cosplay dungeon." lol

Now bring on 15.B! :^D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Cosplay dungeon was deliberate as the last time Tony saw Loki was cuffed and gagged and then teleported to Asgard with Thor at the end of Avengers

But doing a B changes this from being a snippet...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers