Frank Castle Jr Raised By Assassins Four

Stephen Strange: Thunder God Five

What If Chamber Never Exploded Six

What If Cyclops Was One Of Apocalypse’s Horsemen? Seven

Loki Creates A Bigger Super Team Eight

What If Captain America Remained A Wolf Nine

Green Goblin Killed Gwen & Spider-Man Ten

Acts Of Vengeance Eleven

David Haller, the Omega Level mutant known as Legion, rocked back and forth as he sat on his bed. His mind raced with random and various thoughts, despite the medication designed to keep him mellow and focused. “Father has dreams for mutants to co-exist. Erik shares dream but secretly wants war. Each are valid. Each can work.”

David smashed his head into the wall to organise his thoughts, and ease his pain but still his fractured psyche churned. “But an age of chaos reigns. An age, an epoch, where its all wrong. Wrong. End of days. End of everything. All over. Apocalypse. Apocalyptic. Apocalypse…”

David’s eyes burst with psionic energy. “I can save my father. I can make the dream alive. Leave Magneto, leave Erik. Further back. Way back. Back before the genesis of the apocalypse. Back when…”

He cast his mind and himself backwards through the time stream until he emerged thousands of years ago in the region of Aqaba. He watched as a dozen women ran down the narrow street, cursing to themselves in a language he’d never heard before. One shrieked at his appearance; pale Caucasian skin, jet black spiky hair. Using his psychic powers, he calmed her mind, which was a feat coming from one so manic.

-It’s okay, I won’t hurt you.- He said telepathically.

“Are you here for the grey one? The monster child.”

David shrugged. -I think so. Where is it?-

The woman pointed down to a stable. “It is over there.”

David smiled and walked down. There amongst the terrified sheep was an exhausted mother lying next to a makeshift crib. Wailing was a tiny grey skinned, blue lipped boy. David picked up the newborn. “Hello Apocalypse. Your first day is also your last day.”

Legion walked over to the water trough.

__

I am…The Watcher. Years ago, David Haller, the mutant known as Legion, travelled back in time to kill Magneto to allow his father, Charles Xavier’s, dream of mutant co-existence to flourish. In the attack he accidentally killed his own father triggering the events known as The Age of Apocalypse. But in this dimension, David travels back and removes the baby En Sabah Nur that will grow up to become the monster known as Apocalypse.

Without Apocalypse’s hand turning the fate of mutant kind and human destiny, the time traveller Kang the Conqueror doesn’t travel back to Egypt to assume the role of Rama Tut and the Clan Akkaba ends with the dead mutant child. Nathaniel Essex isn’t transformed into Mr Sinister, the mutant Exodus never has his powers triggered, Dracula’s power remains unchallenged in Romania, Archangel never gets created, the future where Cable and Stryfe come from never eventuates. The disruption and knock on effect is immense.

But when there is a void, there is always someone or something there to fill it...

#2 Posted by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by batkevin74 (15304 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by batkevin74 (15304 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: Maybe, just have to think who is ABLE to fill such a void

#6 Posted by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by batkevin74 (15304 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: Maybe, don't really know much about him. I kinda think someone like Zarrko or other time traveller, but as yet not sure

#8 Edited by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Apocalypse is long lived, not a time traveler. Doesn't mean you can't use one. Shadow King was aka Amahl Farouk, but it turned out AF was possessed by SK, who was a very powerful psionic entity. He possessed Karma in the original New Mutants run, and she got to be very obese- like take the side of the house off to get her out obese (she lost the weight in the desert during Alpha Flight/ X-Men). He was the first (they thought) mutant Xavier fought, and he was always a challenge. A telepath willing to exert his will on others could control a whole lot of things.

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (15304 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: Most of Marvel's Immortal bad guys are kinda useless: Gideon and Callista (I think that's her name) for example created by Rob Liefeld. Again I'll have a think as it's a good idea but whether I have an actual story in me to tell, thats another question

#10 Posted by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Yeah, there was a whole cluster of immortal or time traveling crazies then. They finally killed some, but it led to Cable, Bishop, etc. It became a mess. Looking forward to what you come up with. :)