W2O: The Cat #5

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

"Alright..." Cat looked at the three heaps of dust that had been vampires moments ago. "I wasn't really sure that would have worked. Now-"

BANG

Cat managed to dodge the bullet. But it wasn't meant to hit him, only getting his attention.

"Hey, @sshole!" The Bunny Girl was prepared this time. She was wearing battle armor as well as being armed with handheld guns and a riffle with a strap on her left shoulder. "Remember me?"

"... Hey, I do remember you! But I liked your old look be-"

BANG BANG BANG

Cat threw himself at her, but one of the bullets had been dangerously close his shoulder before he could reach her. But it didn't stop him, as he grabbed her rifle, intending to use it as a club. As he swung it, she parried the attack, disarmed cat, and pulled out her army knife, realizing that with the kind of speed Cat had, guns would help squat in close combat.

It was a dangerous dance, as Cat evaded getting stabbed. He was fast, but apparently not fast enough, as Bunny Girl managed to cut his sleeve and blood could be seen.

"Aaargh!" Cat grabbed his wounded arm.

"What's the mater?" Bunny Girl allowed herself to smile as she saw him bleed. "All out of jokes?"

"Not at all." Cat said, trying to hide the act that his arm was hurting like hell. "Heard the one about the elephants in the-"

Pissed off, she made a violent thrust. Cat managed to grab her arm and throwing her into the wall, head first.

"... Holy crap..." Cat took a breather, as he realized that Bunny Girl wouldn't be on her feat right away. "That was a close one."

.............................................................................................................................................

"... SOLD, to the lovely Madam Danglars." Braz Dolob, the auctioneer, pointed his hammer toward the lady with a dress made out of green snake skin that matched her eyes. "That's 28 million dollars well spend. I assume you want the beast send to your mansion in Paris?"

"As usual." Danglars replied.

"As you wish. Now..." Dolob waved an arm at the curtain, as the werewolf in the cage was about to be carried away. "I'm afraid that the rest of tonight's goods won't be as outstanding, but we have plenty of first class weapons, such as..."

The curtain was drawn, and behind it was...

"Hey, folks! I'm here to free the nice doggy!"

"What the f-"

Cat was holding a rather large mad-scientist-looking gun. "I have NO IDEA what this thingy does, but I will use it if you..." Cat tilted his head. "You know what? I'm curious what the gizmo does."

Black smoke was fired out of the barrel and filled the room. Up on the balcony, Captain Hawk gave Hecox a less than pleased look.

"A hero-free zone, you say?!"

"Hawk, this is nothing. We will have it solved in less than-"

"Forget it! Not interested! Take care of your own mess." He jumped from the balcony, as his cape became a pair of wings once more, and he flew through the glass roof. Hecox angrily broke her Hookah's mouth tip in two as she left the operahouse herself.

As black smog filled the room, only the security and Dolob stayed, as the rest of the bidders where led out by their hired protection.

The vampires attacked, since their eyes could see through any smoke, and their lungs were immune to any poison

But not fire, something Cat apparently was aware of, as he used a spray-can and a lighter to make a makeshift flamethrower.

Vampires are known to be revolting as well as fierce. They rarely ran from a fight.

But someone apparently forgot to tell it to these four-monthers, as they ran away in fear. Granted, they had not met resistance from humans before, since their presence in Twilight had, until now, been a secret. It would have been the same as if you told to protect a glass of pickles from mice before they were attacked by bears. It was understandable that they panicked.

"My children!" Braz Dolob's eyes turned black, his mouth wider, and his teeth longer and sharper. For he had been turned 52 years ago. "You have the nerves to harm my children?!"

"Father's day must be awesome for you, eh?" Cat pulled out a crucifix from his jacket.

"HA! Fool!" Dolob forced the cross out of Cat's hand and slabbed him with the backside of his hand. "Those does not work on us here! Not in Twilight!" He held it, as he made a triumphant smile. "Before you die, I want you to watch how little iiiIIIIAAAAAGH!!!" Dolob dropped the cross, as he all of a sudden felt unbelievable pain in his hand. Yes, holy symbols lost their power in Twilight, but the sap from wild roses that covered the cross was still effective. Cat used the moment to first break his arm, then a knee, and finally; his neck. Cat knew that it wouldn't take long before Dolob had regenerated, so he had to get to the cage and pick up the lock before-

BLUUURGH

The stair on the scene had been bathed in poison. It was Danglars, also known as Reine Arsenic, who had returned. She was immune to any kind of poison(including the black smog that was about to clear up), and she wasn't about to let some masked fool steal her newly bought werewolf.

"Ew..." Cat just stared at the very p%ssed-off woman who had just barked up poison. "You know, I think I have some great pills for a sick stomach, if you-"

BLUUURGH BLUUURGH BLUUURGH BLUUURGH

Cat jumped from the scene as Reine Arsenic mercilessly kept shooting her deadly slime after him. Luckily, she had hit Dolob, which meant he needed more time to heal.

BLUUURGH BLUUURGH BLUUURGH

"Come ON!" Cat could feel that he was about to loose his breath. He needed to end this, NOW. "Hit me already, you overgrown paint-gun!"

"No, STOP!" Dolob had regrown his face as well as his lips. "He wants you to-"

BLUUURGH

It was to late. Arsenic had not thought about the fact that Cat stood in front of the cage. As he jumped as a circus acrobat, the gunk she spat out hit the cage instead.

"You dumb b%tch!" Dolob face was filled with fear, as he realized the monster was free. He turned into a bat and flew away, as he had no interest in fighting a monster of THAT caliber. Arsenic ran as well, as she saw the cage melt, realizing that the beast was not a friendly hound.

As the werewolf stepped out of the hole in it's cage, it did not chase it's tormentors. Instead, it turned it's attention toward the man who was responsible for it's regained freedom. Cat was tired, panting, in pain, weak. He sat on one of the front seats, apparently not in a hurry to get away, despite the fact that he was in the same room as one of the most dangerous animals known to man. As Cat noticed that the creature was studying him while snaring, he, despite being numb as heck, stood up and looked it right in it's yellow eyes.

"Um... Good doggy?" He giggled.

The werewolf snare. It sniffed, trying to detect fear from Cat. It didn't find any.

"You are not afraid?" It said with a voice, halfway barking.

"Wow, werewolves can talk?!" Cat looked at the monster like a child would look at a lion in the zoo. "That is awesome!"

"HMPH! You lack of fear is either applaudable or pitiful, human. Don't you realize that I could tear you apart as easily as if you were a flower?"

"Well..." Cat tilted his head. "You are welcome to try."

The werewolf opened it's mouth so that one could see it's many sharp teeth... and it laughed. "You have courage, young one. I predict that you will get far in your self-made crusade. Not many can stare into the eyes of a moonchild and live to tell the tale. Even fewer can brag of having one in his dept. And I AM in dept to you. So says the Law of Fangs. And I have a feeling that you are going to need all the favors you can get."

"And once you have paid your dept?" Cat asked.

The werewolf grinned. "Then... IF I feel like it... I will have no quarrels with feasting on your flesh. Farewell, masked one." The werewolf jumped through the glass roof, disappearing into the night.

"Well..." Cat cracked is neck. "That was probably the second coolest thing that ever happened in my life."

To be continued...

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@waezi2: I litterally just finished the last one.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1090

@waezi2: "Law of Fangs." Liked that. Liking this particular universe very much. Merry Christmas. See you back here for this next year. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Hmm Law of Fangs? Sounds like a Predator Guild to me. Also shouldn't that fire-thrower be a flamethrower. Just nitpicking I know

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh, that's right. My bad.

And I don't know what Predator Guild is.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Just an OC orginisation I made a long time ago

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: The series it was in didn't run for long, but here it is...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-liberators-issue-1-saving-face-1523819/#16

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/the-liberators-issue-2-hunting-party-1537917/#8

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/liberators-3-tempus-fugit-1548362/#5

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This was great as usual, I especially liked the conversation and the clever phrasings you had from the werewolf. All the action scenes after the first part were spot on, however the fight between Cat and Bunny Girl, I felt, was a little stiff. Where her rifle was, how he got it from around her shoulder to use as a club, how did he know a bullet had just gotten close to his shoulder? There are a few other little things about the fight that are just nit picking, but those are the things that really stood out. Again, I'm a big fan of your writing and this universe.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Fight sequences has always been problematic for me.

Glad you enjoy the universe. I consider expanding it, but maybe first after I've finished Cat.