W2O: The Cat #4

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Larry moaned. He had to go out and buy a class of pickles from the 7/Eleven. It was 2 PM, and his pregnant wife Ellen had send him to get the pickles. By now, Larry had learned to simply deal with Ellen's weird mood-swings as well as her out-of-nowhere lust for food she normally never touched.

And in case you are wondering; No. This story is NOT about Larry.

As Larry left the shop and walked toward King's Boulevard, he noticed that a couple of police men were blocking the road.

"Um... Excuse me, Mr officer?" Larry went to one of the cops. "What is going on? Can I get through?"

"Sorry." The cop said. "The road has been blocked. There has been a shooting couple of minutes ago, and we must be sure that the area is secure."

"... What?" Larry was confused. "I've just been here less than two minutes ago. There must be some sort of mistake."

"Just doing my job." The cop replied coldly.

"Look, could I get through? I need to get home to my wife as soon as possible. I understand, you are just doing your job, but crossing King's is the fastest way home for-"

Only now, Larry noticed that the police officer was holding his baton in a threatening way, and that the other officers were sending Larry cold looks.

"I said..." The cop said with a voice that made the hairs on Larry's arms raise. "The road... has been blocked. P%ss off."

"Oh, um..." Larry backed away. "Um... sure thing. Sorry to disturb."

Larry walked away, wondering how the heck he was suppose to get home. As he left(both King's Boulevard AND our story), a couple of men and women arrived. They were allowed to enter King's, once they showed the officers their lapel pins shaped like ravens. As they entered King's, they made their way to the Twilight Operahouse. By the enterence stood a woman with red hair, wearing a black dress more expensive than a small country, and had two guards with very pale skin. It could be assumed that she was a rather important person. And she looked like she was waiting for someone.

But instead of looking for someone in the group of people about to enter the operahouse, she stared at the starfull heaven.

From the sky, a figure appeared and came down to the ground. It was a man with a set of artificial wings. As he landed in front of the red-haired woman, the wings became a long, black cape. The man was dressed in black and brown, wearing a cowl that covered most of his face. His eyes were covered behind yellow lenses.

"Captain Hawk! So glad you could join us tonight."

"One does not simply decline an invitation from the Empress of Twilight City." Captain Hawk shook her hand. "Good to see you, Mrs Hecox."

"Please, call me Rebecca. If I can't be on first name with the king of airborne pirates, then who? Speaking of witch, I see that you did not bring any of your men tonight?"

"No. I thought it wouldn't be very polite to bring any. It would imply that I didn't trust you to provide me security."

"And the weapons?" Hecox pointed at Captain Hawks utility belt and gun by his waist.

"I'm polite, not stupid."

"I'm surprised you came, though. You usually brag about inventing and manufacture your own equipment."

"... Time changes. There are too many flying idiots in my sky. It's not like it used to be in my father's time."

"Well, don't you worry. Tonight's auction has plenty of weapons."

"I'm not buying anything magic-related. I do not trust that sort of things."

"Excuse me." Hecox saw that Mr Rabbit, accompanied by his body guard, had just entered King's Boulevard. "My men will lead you to our seats by the balcony. I will join you in a moment, I just need a word with one of my... investments."

As the two guards followed Hawk through the door, Mr Rabbit and his bodyguard had arrived.

"God, you are STILL wearing that ridicules mask?" Hecox grinned as she shook Rabbit's gigantic hand. "How's business, Hank?"

"Can't complain, as usual. People swarm in, empty their pockets, and scuttle off. Easy as that."

"Is that so? I heard you had a... problem last month."

"... um... problem, ma'am?"

"Yes, heard that someone broke into your vault, robbed you. But that can't be true, correct?"

Mr Rabbit looked down at the woman in front of him. He was two heads taller than Hecox, but he felt like a defenseless animal in her presence.

"... Of course not. Who told you that?"

"Oh, never mind that. And I suppose that your business is none of mine, as long as you pay me my 20 percent." Hecox smiled. "But I don't tolerate weakness. You know that, right Hank?"

"...Yes, ma'am."

"Good boy." She added him on the shoulder.

As Hecox left, Mr Rabbit made a fist, like he was ready to punch the first and best man he met, just to get a release of his rage. "Sarah..." He asked his bodyguard. "Do we know who...?"

"Jeff Pak, Mr Rabbit."

"And he is...?"

"Fishfood. Literally."

"Good."

................................................................................................................

Inside the operahouse, on the scene stood a man at a podium. He had jetblack hair, yellow eyes and skin as pale as the security guards that stood next to him and those who stood by the doors. He glanced at the seats in front of the stage. Not even a quarter of the seats were filled, but they were men and women richer than god, all of them hoping to buy means to protect their fortune. On the balcony sat Mrs Hecox with her guest, the feared airpirate; Captain Hawk. It was going to be a good night.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." The auctioneer said. "So glad to see so many faces tonight, both old and new. We are all here due to the ever-growing problem of masked heroes who ruin our business. Fortunate for us Twilightians, we have a VERY friendly Mayer who made an no-tolerance law that forbid any super-powered Samaritans access to our little paradise, making it a safe haven for all of you fine folks. Like last year, we gathered here to buy the finest weapons, enchanted objects and anything else that can provide you the security you need. And tonight, we have something extraordinary. You have the chance to buy something that outclass any death-ray, any earthquake-making henchman, any cursed skull we have ever sold. Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the auction's first object!"

The curtain behind him was drawn, and now the audience saw...

A skinny, bald man in a cage. Not exactly a sight of power. But this were an auction for some of the most influential criminals in the world, so they waited to hear what was so special about this guy. But one thing was or sure; he had a stare that could light a candle.

"Can we get some moonlight, please?"

Some of the guards started to pull some ropes that was tied to a curtain on the roof. As it were removed, a huge, wide window was revealed, showing the night sky.

The skinny man looked up. He started to snare. Then, he screamed. He now stood on his knees with his hands on the floor, screaming. He started to expand. Not grow taller or wider, but expand, like a balloon. The skin on his chest started to tear, and his nails were replaced with claws. With his newly outgrown claws, he ripped off his own skin, revealing brown fur. Small cracks could be heard. It was the sound of the creature's bones that one could hear. They broke apart, repaired themselves and changed length and shape. Once the transformation was done, there was now an angry beast, howling. I tried to grab the bars on it's cage, but backed away, as it felt extreme pain by barely touching them. But it wasn't scared by the pain. It only made that more angry.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." The auctioneer smiled and revealed a set of EXTREMELY healthy teeth. "A real life werewolf! And don't worry, the cage is made out of silver. This brutal abomination is one of the deadliest creatures on the planet. It is immune to several types of magic and will attack any humanoid creatures it encounters. If used wisely, it can be an excellent superhero exterminator. Now... Let's start the bidding with 5 million dollars, shall we? Do I hear 5 millions?"

"5 Millions!"

"6 millions!"

"10 million!"

"10 millions. Do I hear-"

"12 millions!"

"15 millions!"

"50 cents!!!"

"WHO SAID THAT?!" The auctioneer stared angrily at the seats. "Who dares to mock the auction?!"

"Jeez man, where are we, in Sunday school?" The voice came from the speakers. "Oh, wait... That would be unhealthy for you, right Mr Olob?"

"... Someone is in the control booth." The auctioneer said to the two guards next to him. "Go and... Well, do whatever you like. Now..." The auctioneer returned his attention toward his customers. "I believe it was Madam Danglars who bid 15 millions?"

"What is going on?" Captain Hawk asked Hecox who were smoking a water pipe. "I must remind you that I haven't agreed on being you partner yet. If this is a-"

"Relax, Captain. You will live longer." She inhaled deeply. "We had someone trying to infiltrate an auction once before. But the security here is... effective." Hecox looked down at the seats, and notice that Mr Rabbit were saying something to his bodyguard, who then stood up and left. What is it you keep secret from me, Hank? She thought for herself as she took a puff.

............................................................................................................

The three security guards made heir way to the control booth, they didn't seem to prepare the guns, but left them by the holsters. They were going to enjoy this. It had been so long since they had been allowed to live out their nature. Sure, hey were supplied food, but it wasn't as fun as hunting it yourself. They hoped that there would be more than one guy. Sharing was NOT something their kind was known to be good at.

"Alright, I will go in first." One of them said. "Making sure he is not dangerous."

"Bullsh%t!" Another said. "You just want the first bite."

"If anyone's gonna get first bite, it's gonna be me." The third said. "I'm more experienced than you guys."

"You have only been turned for, like... three months before us."

"Stop arguing, maybe he will get away."

"No chance. There is only one door in and out, we got him cornered. He can't get away."

"Who said I wanted to get away?" Someone said behind the door while giggling. "Come and get me, suckers!"

The door opened, and out came a smoke grenade. The three monsters laughed as pink smoke filled the corridor, knowing that their inhuman eyes wouldn't be bothered by it.

What they didn't realize in time was that the grenade wasn't for their eyes, but for their skin.

Their laughter was soon replaced by screams of anguish, as heir skin burned and steamed. They fell to the floor, dying.

One of them managed to stutter one last word.

"G-gg-gaa... Garlic..."

The three bodies lied lifeless on the floor, even though they had never been alive to begin with. Out of the door stepped the intruder, who studied the three security guards as they turned into ashes.

"Owned." Cat giggled.

To be continued...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: Nice work. You should definitely stick with this universe of characters for awhile.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: A few words that need to be spell or context checked such as which or mayor. That said I'm loving the univerese, and agree with @cbishop: . This is definitely something I would like to see expanded further

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will read the 2 Christmas stories over the Christmas holidays.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: @cbishop:

Once again, I can do nothing but apologize for my lack of proper English(stupid fascist home country).

Glad you enjoy my little universe. It’s nice to write these characters I thought up as a teenager :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Ah it's fine. maybe invest in a British speaking beta-reader to help quash all those spelling

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again this is high speed stuff buddy. I like the additions and hints at the bad guys and the building of what is obviously a rich and well thought out world. Your work kicks ass, Wae. Merry Christmas

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: No idea, it is a pink cat though

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By waezi2
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Just googled it. Apparently, no one is sure, so I guess it could be a cat.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I think we can both agree that it's some kind of mammal

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By waezi2
AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I had just finished reading it.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By waezi2
AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers