W2O: The Cat #15

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

(writer's note: the Bunny Girl has been renamed the Gunbunny)

"Get up, quack.”

The Gunbunny pulled Nat Lois up from the trapdoor. She had locked him inside the basement of one of the many abounded warehouses at the docks. She had made sure to prepare everything to the detail.

She couldn’t stay and keep an eye on the man because of her other assignments, so she had tied him up and gagged him, left him in the basement and then planted small hidden cameras here and there in case the Cat somehow could find out where he had been taken to. She had left a note at his house once Cat would come to get fixed up. NOT where he was, but to what number he should call to find out where his blind doctor was and how to get him to safety.

Tonight was the night where the exchange would find place. The blind quack for Mr Rabbit’s stolen money. Only Gunbunny wouldn’t settle with that, of course. She would place a bullet between his stupid eyes as well, then three more times in the chest, to be sure the job got done. And Cat probably knew this as well. But it didn’t matter. He wouldn’t risk Lois’ life.

Gunbunny stood in the middle of the packing house with a gun toward Lois’ temple. Her eyes flickered, first at the windows, then the door, then the roof. If he was stupid enough, he would try and pull some ninja-stunt.

Then, he came. Cat stood at the door with a suitcase in the right hand.

“No funny business.” Gunbunny said, pressing the gun harder toward Lois’ head. “And no jokes.”

“No jokes.” Cat said. “Please… don’t hurt my friend.”

“Do you have the money? Open the suitcase.”

Cat opened it and showed her that it was full of money.

“Good. Now, place it on the floor. SLOWLY. And step away from it with your arms in the air. One wrong move and the blind guy is dead.”

Cat did so. No tricks, no blurry movements. Everything went as planned. Now she could kill that son of a-

Wait a minute...

Gunbunny realized that something was wrong.

It wasn’t that the cash could be fake. In fact, she expected it. It didn’t really matter, it was the Cat’s death that had first priority here. No, the money weren’t fake.

BLAM

“Oh, Jesus' %¤#@!!!”

He was a fake.

Only now she realized that he was not tall enough to really be the Cat. And not slender enough either. He was just dressed as him. And she just shot him the arm. A slobby shot that he should have been able to dodge. And now he cried out in pain.

“Who the %¤#@ are you?!” Gunbunny pushed Lois away and made him stumble into a wall. She took the fake Cat by the collar and unmasked him. Behind the mask were some… guy. “Where is the REAL Cat!?!?”

“Please!” The guy cried. “He said I had to. That… that he would atomic wedgie me to the end of time if I didn’t!”

It was one of the most stupid things she had ever heard in her life. So stupid that it distracted her from reacting in time as she heard broken glass to her right and was tackled by the real smiling SOB. The tackling hurt Cat mare than here because of her armour she was wearing, but she dropped the gun. She managed to push him and kick him in the head, making him stumble. She reached her gun, but instead of using it to kill him, she was going to aim it at her hostage. She knew he was too fast for her, so it was the best way to…

… What the hell?!

He was gone! The blind jackass was gone! HOW?! She was slobby, allowed Cat to regain his wind. He kicked her in the back and her forehead was slammed against the wall. God dammit it hurt. But then he grabbed her by the neck. She took her army knife and cut his chest. He disarmed her and threw the knife away, allowing her the chance to kick him once more. He fell and she landed on him with the right knee just below his chest and started to mercilessly punch him in the face.

Then, Cat did something she hadn’t expected. He placed his hands around her neck… and began to choke her. Gunbunny tried to choke him as well, but his arms were longer than hers, she couldn’t reach him. She tried to remove his hands, but to no use. She struggled, but to no use. Her vision blurred and black spots appeared before her eyes until she finally lost her conscience.

Pushing her away, Cat stood up, leaning up at a wall, panting. “Damn… One day, she is going to kill me…”

……………………………………………..

…aaak op….

The Gunbunny regained her conscience. She felt like crab, her neck hurt and found herself tied up to a lamppost outside the warehouse. The knops were tight as heck.

And two police officers were aiming their weapons at her.

“Mark…” One of them said. “I don’t think that we should-”

“Shaddup, Waid.” The other replied. “Lady, I don’t know who the heck you think you are, but superheroes ain’t welcome in this town. You are coming with us!”

“… Superhero?” Gunbunny gave the cop an angry stare. “I’m part of the %¤#&ing Shadow Society, jackasses! Check my left shoulder, idiot!”

“She is right, Mark.” The cop named Waid checked her left shoulder-pad. On it was the drawing of a black raven, the sign of the Shadow Society, meaning that she were among the elite of Twilight City’s criminal environment. “Told you, Mark. I knew I had seen her before some-”

“Shaddup, Waid.”

“No, YOU shut up.” Bunnygirl said while grinding her teeth. “And get me free, moron!”

“Oh, um… Right. Sorry.”

“Sorry, WHAT?”

“…. Sorry, ma’am?”

After finally getting free and taking the gun and badge from the policeman Mark, Gunbunny went back to the warehouse to see if she could find any glues to how the Cat managed to get the quack to safety. Instead, she found something possible even better; a piece of the Cat’s green tux.

"I got you now."

…………………………………………………

“I’m so sorry, Lois.”

Nat was inside Greg’s cap. Nat could recognize it thanks to the many smells, and not good ones. Greg had to live inside it since he was not a legal citizen (not that laws meant much in Twilight) and he was unfortunately not very good at keeping his “home.” The only reason to why he kept getting costumers were because he was the only taxi driver in town. And as long as he hid his enormous ears under his cap and explained his odd skin-color as a “long-time sickness”, people would just think of him as “an odd little man”.

“Nothing to apologize for, Ca-”

“Don’t call me that!”

“Eh?”

“I don’t where my mask right now, Lois.”

“How should I know? And wouldn’t that mean that Greg now knows what you look like?”

“No problem, Mr. Lois.” The goblin said. “Humans look all same.”

“That’s racist, Greg.” Cat giggled. “Anyway, you have to call me Abdul, Lois. Just in case.”

“Alright… Abdul… Where the heck are we going?”

“Getting you out of town. Greg is driving you to Stockhaggen.”

“What the heck is Stockhaggen?”

“Exactly! We are driving you to somewhere where we are sure the killer rabbit can’t find you.”

“The hell you are!” Nat said. “The town needs me, and you would be death weeks ago if it weren’t for me. Greg, turn the car around!”

“Sorry, Mr. Lois.” Greg gave the finger to a guy who honked at him. “Saving you live while Catman was hitting girl makes us even. No more orders.”

“Lois..." Abdul said. "I’m so, so, so, SO sorry about this mess. If it wer-”

“Ca… Abdul… If you go superhero whiney on me, I will jump out of a window. It wasn’t your fault. I knew what I did. And I’M sorry that I won’t be there to fix you up.”

“I will look after him, Mr Lois.” The goblin made a dangerous turn, almost hitting a truck. “I will be sidekick. My cab will be Catmobile and I be Pussy the Catkid.”

“… How about firetruck no?” Cat made a grin as silly as the one on his mask. “And Lois… We are almost there. I arranged fake papers and stuff, giving you a new identity as Billy Pines.”

“I hate that name.”

“Yeah, me too.” Cat took his hand and placed it on a suitcase. ”This suitcase has around 20 million bucks… I think… I didn’t count them properly.”

“Holy &%¤#!”

“Yeah, Holy &%¤# indeed. Use them well, okay? Till you can get a job or something. I arranged it so a guy will lead you to your new apartment. But… We are almost there… Before you leave, you have to tell me where you have hidden the Phoenix Orchid.”

“Son, are you nu… no, wait. I know you are… But you can’t use it to fix broken arms and rips. It’s rare as in VERY rare. Only one of those appears each century.”

“I know, but I need it for a plan.”

“… What plan?”

Cat grinned. “Not one you will like, but a good one… I hope.”

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop

@waezi2: I was a little lost. Was Lois the blind doctor's name? And was the blind doctor male? Just surprised- I've never heard Lois as a male name. Louis is male. Louise can be either. I've just never heard Lois as male. Not saying it's wrong- I've just never heard it.

Gunbunny is a great name- I have it on my list of character names, but have yet to ever use it (it's a funny animal character for me, like Captain Carrot or Howard the Duck). It makes perfect sense for Bunny Girl, but seeing as how she's a little crazy, the more innocent sounding Bunny Girl made her a little scarier. lol

I mean, if someone tells you Bunny Girl has been sent after you? "Ha! 'Bunny Girl?' That's cute tho..OH MY GOD SHE HAS GUNS!" lol If they tell you Gunbunny is coming after you? That's just giving you a headstart to run. Of course, maybe she likes that. lol

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You used the name! I'm tickled pink! Good chapter too. @cbishop the doctor's name is Nat Lois...though it's true, I've never hear of anyone with the surname Lois...it could certainly happen :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Oh! It's his last name! Okay! Cool. I've never heard that either, but it doesn't crumple my brain like it being the first name lol. :)

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I THOUGHT it was his last name, but I had to go back and double check to be sure. Yeah, that would have been odd. PLUS, something new to make fun of Waezi about! Always a bonus.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Ooh them rabbits aren't going to be pleased about Cat being a fake

DC Comic's Gunbunny, she later changed her name to Pistoleta
DC Comic's Gunbunny, she later changed her name to Pistoleta

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: @heroup2112: I have never heard about anyone with Lois as last name. I just really wanted to name him after two of my three cats. I don't know why.

Glad you enjoyed.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Nothing wrong with that. I've got characters that named after absurd names from dreams, and all kinds of weird stuff. As long as the name works for you. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: @waezi2: Well in the UK there are over 3000 people with Lois as a surname according to the latest Census Data. It's the 3515th most popular surname apparently

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Man, my subconscience is a genius!

@cbishop said:

I mean, if someone tells you Bunny Girl has been sent after you? "Ha! 'Bunny Girl?' That's cute tho..OH MY GOD SHE HAS GUNS!" lol

Kinda why I named her BG to begin with :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@waezi2: If that's want you to believe

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: She doesn't seem like the sidekick type.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@waezi2: Pussy Galore. I dunno really Waezi, writing a sidekick sounds like fun and if you can make it work within the story that's even better. If Cat isn't the sidekick type I say you give her a sidekick to give her some interesting character stuff.

#gonnareadthisstuffoneday

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@cbishop: She?

Gah! Misread that. I thought you were asking about Bunny Girl. Was doing three things at once when I commented. :}

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO! That's just my mild opinion.

HELL NO! Oops, there it went again.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone's telling you not to do it. That means you do it!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: When I asked people what they wanted me to do next they said something cool and original.

And look at me now!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Do you want to get tagged for future chapters?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#27  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

(writer's note: the Bunny Girl has been renamed the Gunbunny)

Like the name but not the execution. Not even a scene to explain this.

But I think my biggest issue is how Mary Sue the Cat is. He's supposed a hero that is always one step ahead. He can't lose. Why do I want to read this character if there is almost no conflict? He dodges bullets, he outsmarts everyone, he has a werewolf buddy because he's so cool and charismatic and blah and blah. He barely seems human at this point.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By waezi2

@wildvine: I get what you are saying. But he has to be a step ahead in a town where three superheroes has already been killed. He probably spends a lot of time planing his next move before he even blows his own nose to make sure that he won't get himself killed.

And he isn't perfect. After all, Lois was almost killed and had to leave town, meaning that Cat lost his medic. Getting hurt means more now. A broken arm is not something he can get magically fixed anymore. He also lost the money he stole from Mr Rabbit that he probably had plans for. And every time he fights the Gunbunny, he is inches from dying. And his "werewolf buddy" won't help him fight crime and spends most of his time hiding in an apartment so he won't get captured again while reading books and eating pizzas with potatoes. He won't kill him because he thinks he is "cool" and he only helped him once because he owed him a favor.

And who says he is human at all? :P

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: Except he will never get seriously hurt again. Or he wouldn't if I didn't say this. As far as him ever being in danger from Gun Bunny-- show it. Don't tell us about it after the fact.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I thought kidnapping his friend and almost killing him was enough(as you said, show NOT tell that she is a threat) but I will try harder.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: How does kidnapping some person show Cat's weakness? Did he fail to save them? Did she steal this guy away from the Cat? Was he challenged in anyway by this guy being kidnapped?